toughest Boss fight in the witcher universe

+

talha

Forum regular
toughest Boss fight in the witcher universe

by this i actually mean one fight from TW1 or TW2

for some reason i found Vincet Traut to be the toughest of all, the guy with the Selkirk Armor

Forum veteran
I actually had more trouble with The Beast in the first Witcher than anything since.

That thing was the devil if you didn't prepare properly, and, being new, I failed to prepare properly. My computer learned some new words that week.

I love fighting The Operator :)

I'm going with The Beast. I agree with 227 on that. It's a hard fight so early in the game.

galdor

Forum veteran
The Beast was... a beast on my first play through. Took me a long time to kill the damn thing, especially after wasting my skill points on stuff I thought would be useful, but wasn't. ;)

I didn't have the same issue with the Beast as it seems most did. My roughest fight in TW1 was the Kikimore Queen. I died there either by her single strike or Aarding the cave down on myself.

Now in TW2 I have to say the Operator although it's was a fun fight.

For me it is clearly Letho. You need to be on your toes the whole fight. He fights you with your same weapons, signs, bombs, etc. And he is relentless, doesnt give you a moment to breath.

The Beast was tough because it took you by surprise, without giving you time to prepare... In my first playthrough I remember diying like 20 times... But you had at least Abigail at your side to help. With Letho you're on your own.

227 said:
I actually had more trouble with The Beast in the first Witcher than anything since.

That thing was the devil if you didn't prepare properly, and, being new, I failed to prepare properly. My computer learned some new words that week.

It's always funny when people write about The Beast, because it often happens that there are those who cannot unterstand how this bossfight is considered so difficult. These people usually played through The Witcher just once and then had the incredible luck to stun-kill The Beast on their very first try with the very first attempt. Easy-peasy.

But of course...we hate them, don't we? No, not because they just had luck...but because they played that incredible game just once! ;)

@Topic: I hope it's allowed to split the games. Especially considering that in The Witcher only the best was tough. Every boss fight after this was medium-hard at best.

The Witcher 2 on the other hand had quite a few hard fights, at least one in every chapter, plus come random encounters that could give you trouble (like finding the troll in that short blind alley in chapter III).

In the epologue it was the fight in the courtyard, though not for me, I found it quite easy. In chapter II the Keyran of course, but I think Letho was even harder. And in chapter III the fights against the two *wont tell, spoiler* was also quite difficult. The dragon...was the hardest in my opinion.

Forum veteran
GODzilla said:
But of course...we hate them, don't we? No, not because they just had luck...but because they played that incredible game just once! ;)
... I only played through the first game once, too.

*is hated ):

To be fair, I'm trying to go through it again. Just can't bring myself to help the Order or the Scoia'tael, so it's hard going forward knowing that everything will play out the same.

My first encounter with the beast was pretty easy. He came up to me and i got a little panicy and cast the aard sign on him. And he got stunned! So i just did a finisher on him, hehe.

For me Azar Javad was the hardest fight. I would not let myself continue the game unless I managed to keep Berengar alive.

The Operator. Most fun and challenging. No flashy QTE no rapid clicking all just your own reflex and skill.

Also the Kocksley near the end was pretty hard and took some preparation at least for me.

Megakoresh said:
The toughest boss fight in The Witcher universe? Lag.

BTW who is the Operator?

This guy! (click) He's a real challenge and such a great voice actor. Like I said there aren't any gimmicks during the fight it's challenging and took me 13 tries when I first fought him on Hard. Fantastic fight I wish the other boss fights where this challenging.

227 said:
... I only played through the first game once, too.

*is hated ):

To be fair, I'm trying to go through it again. Just can't bring myself to help the Order or the Scoia'tael, so it's hard going forward knowing that everything will play out the same.

Actually...I think you might find the Scoia'tael-path bearable. It's okay. Trust me. It's like there's 1.) neutral, 2.) doing the wrong things for a good cause (= Scoia'tael) and 3.) doing even worse things for the bad cause (= Order). ^^

I am going by the beast as well.. though it was not so much the beast, then me wanting to save the girl in that fight.. which I later learned she would be alive anyway even if she fell in the fight. reloaded like 20 times for the girl dying, another 20 times for dying my self-_-

The dragon in proloug also comes to mind, died to that a good 10-12 times. The operator also gets a mention. similar amount of deaths.

Top Bottom