toughest Boss fight in the witcher universe

+
Kyozo said:
For me Azar Javad was the hardest fight. I would not let myself continue the game unless I managed to keep Berengar alive.

I had some challenges with Azar too but I found Berengar a little too wimpy so I kinda commandeered his equipment and fared better. ;)

Flitters said:
I had some challenges with Azar too but I found Berengar a little too wimpy so I kinda commandeered his equipment and fared better. ;)

Brutal, but survival of the fittest.

talha

Forum regular
oh cmon..so many people having difficulty with BEAST...did it on 4th try..might have got lucky, stunned him actually, might be a bug who knows, and operator, well on 20 tries after i figured out dancing star is the key in that fight

Tie between Operator and the Beast. Operator is just plain hard, didn't get him the first time on easy without cheating.
I think I got him once on hard in the meantime, though.

The Beast is so random... definitely the most feared boss for me, I always dreaded the end of Chapter I. I cursed a lot, I died a lot, even with perfect character build and perfect preparation (preparation at 22h at the aard circle of elements, then potions and buffs in place at midnight). But imagine how anticlimactic it is, with all that preparation and dread, then you go up to it, stun it with the first aard, finisher and The End. That also happended to me once and I was dumbstuck and almost mad, lol. I think I even might have been so surprised that I let myself get killed by the mob afterwards and did it again anyway.

The dragon fire in the prologue is also random, live or die by luck alone. Meh.

Kayran is not a proper boss, I hate the thing, that fight somehow doesn't fit the game at all.

Letho is hard, yes. He has the same skills you have and more, because he doesn't have pauses between his actions. But it's a large area (we're talking 2nd fight, right?). You can evade a lot, wait for him to drop his quen, always be two steps ahead of him (because of your pauses), use bombs and magic (am I the only one, or does his igni have three times the range than ours?). Patience is the way here, not a luxury you have with the Operator.

The Beast for sure.

I was under the impression Aard didnt work on it, so i had to cut that thing down with the steel sword, while fencing off a swarm of pesky barghests, trying to keep Abigail alive so she could heal me and not getting burnt by the ring of fire... but the worst part was having to watch that annoying cutscene with the angry mob after every reload. It took a while but i felt like a pro when i pulled it off! :cool:

probably the dragon at the end. it's not hard, but a ton of health and your window for attacking is rather small, so it takes a long time. i guess that makes it most annoying! :p

I was going to reply about the beast earlier but restrained myself. But seeing how many people thinks it is that hard... TW1 Expert mode for me is all about "additional substances" and "bestiary"!

A little Spectre oil, group style when it has its minions around and a swallow potion boosted with nigredo makes that Beast cry like the Striga in the opening FMV intro after a mighty punch!

The Operator? Hide behind a column and pray he kill the gargoyles! hehe (at least on Insane =)

Why did so many people have trouble with the Beast? There were Three difficulty levels in The Witcher I and I played on the middle one [I always play a game on 'Normal' when I first get it cuz I want to experience the game as the developer intended] and all it took me was some Diamond Dust for my Steel Sword and a Swallow with a few uses of the Aard, I think I only got roflstomped once simply because I had no idea a boss was coming and was caught with my trousers down.

I loved the bosses in The Witcher II. The Kayran was a blast and honestly that fight specifically made me feel like I was in the book more than anything. All I wish is that it would have dragged Geralt underwater for a few QTE [The lake-monster in Blood of Elves dragged Geralt down so it would fit] I havnt beat the game yet and I am just frothing at the mouth to see how the dragon fight is... i hope they didnt take the easy-out and have you kill it with a Ballista like every other game with a dragon fight does.

P.S. Did anyone else go back in Act I a million times to try to kill Letho like I did? After I broke the game and crashed it to desktop by accidently killing him [or at least his health bar went all the down to 0] I found out you weren't supposed to [I only ever read on the internet as a last resort] I got him stuck in the corner and Geralt kept doing the quick-jab strong-attack and the knock-back effect owned his ripostes.

talha

Forum regular
Reaper004 said:
Why did so many people have trouble with the Beast? There were Three difficulty levels in The Witcher I and I played on the middle one [I always play a game on 'Normal' when I first get it cuz I want to experience the game as the developer intended] and all it took me was some Diamond Dust for my Steel Sword and a Swallow with a few uses of the Aard, I think I only got roflstomped once simply because I had no idea a boss was coming and was caught with my trousers down.

I loved the bosses in The Witcher II. The Kayran was a blast and honestly that fight specifically made me feel like I was in the book more than anything. All I wish is that it would have dragged Geralt underwater for a few QTE [The lake-monster in Blood of Elves dragged Geralt down so it would fit] I havnt beat the game yet and I am just frothing at the mouth to see how the dragon fight is... i hope they didnt take the easy-out and have you kill it with a Ballista like every other game with a dragon fight does.

P.S. Did anyone else go back in Act I a million times to try to kill Letho like I did? After I broke the game and crashed it to desktop by accidently killing him [or at least his health bar went all the down to 0] I found out you weren't supposed to [I only ever read on the internet as a last resort] I got him stuck in the corner and Geralt kept doing the quick-jab strong-attack and the knock-back effect owned his ripostes.
well you cant kill letho in the first encounter, after his health drops to half, he will say something about geralts MUSCLES, geralt replies and then the cutscene. i cant imagine anyone killing him in chapter 1

The beast is up there for sure. To be honest, with my first run as a botched alchemy build, I really struggled with the dragon. I also thought the two assassins were quite difficult.

talha

Forum regular
yeh serit & auckles, definitely up there with the toughest, i died at least 10 times in that fight before i figured out that i can use AXII on one and target the other

talha

Forum regular
KnightofPhoenix said:
The beast and operator for me.

My favorite is Letho in Act 1 (that in fact probably ranks as my favorite boss fight in any RPG).
me too, i really love Letho, i love him so much that i always kill him at the end :)

I can`t remember the name but near the end of The Witcher you`re travelling through the sewers with the leader of whoever you sided with and you fight with a giant octopus monster with lots of arms. I died the most on that fight than any other fight in any other game. Btw how do you fight the Operator, is he part of the GOG dlc thing? I never ran into him and I thought I did everything in act 3.

yogolol said:
I can`t remember the name but near the end of The Witcher you`re travelling through the sewers with the leader of whoever you sided with and you fight with a giant octopus monster with lots of arms. I died the most on that fight than any other fight in any other game. Btw how do you fight the Operator, is he part of the GOG dlc thing? I never ran into him and I thought I did everything in act 3.

You mean the Zeugl. Trick is to dispatch its tentacles real fast... incineration works wonder there.

Operator is part of a side quest. From a Bigone Era. You find clues in act 2, decipher a text in act 3 with the help of a mage trader and in the sewers of Loc Muinne you will then use that text as password to unlock a portal. Beyond the portal, a puzzle and the chance to retrain all your skills or fight the Operator. Can't do both, unfortunately. =)

RageGT said:
You mean the Zeugl. Trick is to dispatch its tentacles real fast... incineration works wonder there.Operator is part of a side quest. From a Bigone Era. You find clues in act 2, decipher a text in act 3 with the help of a mage trader and in the sewers of Loc Muinne you will then use that text as password to unlock a portal. Beyond the portal, a puzzle and the chance to retrain all your skills or fight the Operator. Can't do both, unfortunately. =)

Hmm I remember getting something deciphered in act 3, did it require a bunch of materials you could only get in act 1 from killing the monsters in the forest? Maybe I just forgot to to find the portal.

yogolol said:
Hmm I remember getting something deciphered in act 3, did it require a bunch of materials you could only get in act 1 from killing the monsters in the forest? Maybe I just forgot to to find the portal.

No, that's for the book you get in one of the Crypts of the Gargoyles contract and will let you have a sword.

From a Bygone Are is the Malged's Notes you get in the Hut by the Hill. Whichever path you follow, you can get it there.

I've just completed my final playthrough of TW1 (which I'm gonna import) and so far the hardest fight for me was the Koshchey (er, the crab-boss-thing before you face Azar Javed).

I mean damn I wasted like 3 Swallow, 2 Tawny Owl, 2 White Rafford, and 3 White Honey. Basically I had to keep my health up and when the chance comes, Aard the bastard back and land 2 hits from Strong style, retreat, rinse, repeat.

IT was soooo long, especially when the damn thing knocked you on your back, stuns, or does a DoT effect on you.

Top Bottom