Tournament Platform Feedback & Bug Megathread

+

Guest 4157120

Hi guys,

I noticed that in History Tab on playgwent.com you will see this issue
I kept opponent's names untouched so you can see the issue that caused "profile.history.gameMode.online_tournamnet1"
is moving the whole tabs in the match history and you can see that ColumbiaPicturesss is in Result tab.

Screenshot_2020-08-17 GWENT The Witcher Card Game.png

Also I have a little suggestion to spectator mode:
- would it be possible to be able to hide cards when someone playes e.g. Roderick of Dun Tynne where you are unable to hide his 2 cards? I think everywhere else you are able to hide his current card poll only in this interaction it is not possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! First of all I want to express my gratitude for the tournament platform. To me, as an organizer and player, this web-site simplified tournament activities a lot. But with all the good things in it there are also defects. Something simply does not exist, something does not work as it should:
1. Incorrectly working filter. When choosing a filter "by time", you cannot return to the "Any" tab without refreshing the page, when you click on this item in the menu, there is simply no reaction. The same is with the registration filter.
2. Lack of sorting. Now the nearest tournaments are displayed at the bottom of the page, which is very inconvenient. You need to sort by time so that the nearest tournaments are the first.
3. Replays. Now replay only works in case of a draw, as far as I understand. In the event that a player lost connection, flew out of the game, or simply took the wrong deck, replays are not available. Solving the problem of replay will greatly simplify the work for the organizers and the game for the players. I don't know how it works now, but you can track the round in which the player surrendered (in the case of the wrong deck, the person surrenders almost immediately in the first round) and track the disconnect, and this can be shown in the information about the pair of playing players or separately from the organizers.
4. Tournament site moderator. If now there is no moderator for the site, then you need to hire one. This site is quite an important part of the gwent, and it needs to be cleaned of test tournaments on the main page or anything else inappropriate. It would also be nice if the moderators saw tournaments with a large number of players and sent meteorite powder to the participants themselves (now you just need to write about meteorite powder yourself). This would encourage more players to take part in tournaments.
5. Spectator-mod on the phone. When testing the site and spectator-mod, a bug was found when the decks of the participants did not open from the smartphone during the game. Also, the opponent's cards are poorly visible (screen 1, the setting with moving the camera when the enemy moves does not affect this in any way), this point is not critical, because few people will use this mode from the phone, but I thought it should be mentioned.
6. Custom tournaments. My team and I are planning to organize a team tournament. Unfortunately, the tournament platform does not provide such an opportunity. Many people would be grateful if such a setting appeared in the tournament mode in the future. Also, some people will want to make tournaments on the same ability, for example, but the site does not allow loading decks with the same abilities. This is not critical, but perhaps you will adopt it.
7. Bug with manual distribution of players. The bug manifests itself only if you do not fill the grid with participants one by one, but, for example, start from the second pair or further, then the page becomes empty (the background of the site remains screen 2), only the page refresh helps.
8. The start of the round. The most inconvenient of all is that you cannot start the next round before all the pairs from the previous one have not finished (as in the Swiss system). As a result, this greatly lengthens tournaments with a large number of participants. I think this is a very serious bug or flaw that should be resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for this feedback.

Some comments to your points:
3. No plans to address replays outside of handling draws - it's a very abuse-prone area, so losing connection for whatever reason should remain tech loss.
6. Not quite sure what you mean by "custom tournaments" - only limited number of tournament formats is supported. We had to select the most popular and most relevant (for GWENT) formats. I'm afraid we can't commit to provide the absolute flexibility on this front.
8. Start of the round issue. We have 2 options available to players - automatic or manual start. Specifically for Swiss it's impossible to start the new round before all pairs are finished. Do you mean that elimination brackets should be played as soon as both players in the pair are defined? While it's technically possible, I'm afraid it's not so easy from the tournament management perspective - in the current system,, admins are supposed to control the flow of the tournament and make sure that players are well aware of when the next round is scheduled.

Tournament BUG, no receving invation from gwent to tourenament
Hello after one tournament i have playedevery single next tournament isnt possible by me to play. Im not receiving invation to tournament lobby from gwent. I asked admin what is wrong and he said system is saying thhat im still game???
error create

{
"error": "bad_request",
"error_description": "New match for player can\u0027t be created because of other match is still active: player id 48179619389798195, active match id 4331"
}
What can i do in this situation to repare it, i rly want to play tournaments XDD

After such a great launch for last weeks Qualifiers, it's disappointing to see that the very next Qualifier (this weekend's 64-player one) is NOT on the tournament site with ANY message even pointing the interested observer to another site where one can find the decks/brackets. Rather disappointing since this is, after all, an official CDPR tournament. I realize this is still in Beta, but why have one qualifier up one weekend and then not have it the very next week?. If there was an explanation somewhere, I sure didn't see it anywhere on the CDPR site.

for some reason whenever I join a tournament, it never shows up on the "my tournaments" screen but when I go into the info screen for the specific tournament, I'm on the list of players. This only started in the past day or so. Also, once the tournament starts, I'm not seeded anywhere in the brackets but in a full tournament, one player got a bye.

Some general feedback about my experience in using the tournament client. I setup a private tournament between me and 3 other friends, and all 3 are pretty casual players. The setup seemed fine (picks/bans seemed too complicated for everyone, so I just went with best of 3, no picks/bans, round robin. No series in the first round went properly, the two series only were able to finish one game each, and ultimately nobody stuck around for any other series.

My first game i won due to disconnect (other player on mobile, likely not a client problem). Joining the next match wouldn't work for some time. We both clicked on the match, and both had the "opponent is still getting ready" screen for the full 10 minutes. Occasionally it would kick us out and say match cancelled. Eventually we were able to start the match (i don't believe we did anything differently), and play it to finish. For third match, we had the same issue of both waiting for opponent to get ready, but it never worked at all. After fiddling around for ~20 minutes, it wouldn't work and I backed out, forfeiting the series, and we just played it manually, which of course caused the other matches to time out, breaking the entire format and ending the tournament with only 2 games completed in total (and only 3 starting at all) in over an hour of "play" time.

The other side of the bracket was able to do only one match, but they couldn't get 2nd match started, and it gave a 2nd win to a player. I'm not certain of more details for that, if it was client side or user side error. Nobody wanted to continue trying to play gwent after this first round.

It was very disappointing, as we were completely unable to use the tournament client in any reasonable form. Spent far more time waiting, and would have been much easier, faster, and less confusing to simply do it all manually using friend requests. We did do a tournament a week earlier (3 players, manually forfeited the 4th player), and that seemed to go mostly fine (some waiting and weird results, but everything eventually played out properly). It was a best of one, round robin format.

I'm more than happy to provide further details if they will help improve the client. I would like to be able to use this feature to create quick and easy tournaments between myself and friends, but at the moment, i'm not sure it is a viable platform for that kind of play.

I'm part of an archived tournament and ever since then I havent been able to participate in ANY tournaments, I can register for them but once its time to start the tourney, and the "activate brackets" button is pushed, my name is shown as a drop with the reason being "other game"! I'd really like to play in some tourneys, any idea how to delete the archived tourney?

Witam
Zorganizowałem turniej (28.08.2020)

Tournament format: single elimination
Games format: best of 3
3 decks and 1 ban
checked-in players: 13
31 players joined

Wszystko przebiegało tak jak powinno do momentu ostatniej rundy (4)
Wtedy mecz o trzecie miejsce nieprawidłowo się uruchamiał.
Co minutę wyskakiwała informacja, że mecz się zakończył wynikiem 0-0, tymczasem nawet nie zadziałał system do banowania lidera.

Podejrzewam, że stało się tak z powodu błędnego ułożenia drabinki:
Co mam na myśli- w pierwszej rundzie tak rozlosowano uczestników, że odbyły się tylko 3 mecze(myślałem, że będzie 6).
Część graczy oczekujących na następny etap opuściło turniej, co spowodowało, że drabinka straciła kilka ścieżek, przez co mecz finałowy (runda 4) nie wyświetlał się (ale się odbył). Natomiast tak jak opisywałem mecz o trzecie miejsce ,,zepsuł się".

Pozdrawiam !
gwent zdj.1.jpg

Hello
I organized a tournament

3 decks and 1 ban
31 players joined

Everything was as it should have been until the last round (4)
Then the match for third place did not start correctly.
Every minute there was information that the match ended with the result 0-0, while the system for banning the leader did not work.

I suspect it was because the ladder was positioned incorrectly:
What I mean - in the first round the participants were drawn so much that there were only 3 matches (I thought there would be 6).
Some of the players waiting for the next stage left the tournament, which caused the bracket to lose several paths, so that the final match (round 4) was not showing (but it was played). However, as I described the match for third place, it "broke".

Best regards !

Last edited:
So I joined a few tournaments, some has ended. I did not play one match though, but I'm still getting wins and loses when I check. I am not sure what's going on. Am I getting a win when the other player doesn't log in or something?.

How does notification work? I haven't receive one notification via the mobile app or through email.

After such a great launch for last weeks Qualifiers, it's disappointing to see that the very next Qualifier (this weekend's 64-player one) is NOT on the tournament site with ANY message even pointing the interested observer to another site where one can find the decks/brackets. Rather disappointing since this is, after all, an official CDPR tournament. I realize this is still in Beta, but why have one qualifier up one weekend and then not have it the very next week?. If there was an explanation somewhere, I sure didn't see it anywhere on the CDPR site.
The decision to host 64-player tournament on Challonge was due to the pro players' concerns over the stability of the platform and some of the Swiss-specific bugs reported earlier. We plan to use TP exclusively for all the official events going forward, but we also trying to make it right by participants.
In terms of communication, your feedback is noted. One advise I can give is to follow https://twitter.com/ClaymoreGWENT for qualifiers-related announcements.

I'm part of an archived tournament and ever since then I havent been able to participate in ANY tournaments, I can register for them but once its time to start the tourney, and the "activate brackets" button is pushed, my name is shown as a drop with the reason being "other game"! I'd really like to play in some tourneys, any idea how to delete the archived tourney?
Can you please give more info:
1) what is your GOG nickname? Is it Enrasilver?
2) do you have a link to the archived tournament that is preventing you from joining other tourneys?

Witam
Zorganizowałem turniej (28.08.2020)

3 decks and 1 ban
31 players joined

Wszystko przebiegało tak jak powinno do momentu ostatniej rundy (4)
Wtedy mecz o trzecie miejsce nieprawidłowo się uruchamiał.
Co minutę wyskakiwała informacja, że mecz się zakończył wynikiem 0-0, tymczasem nawet nie zadziałał system do banowania lidera.

Podejrzewam, że stało się tak z powodu błędnego ułożenia drabinki:
Co mam na myśli- w pierwszej rundzie tak rozlosowano uczestników, że odbyły się tylko 3 mecze(myślałem, że będzie 6).
Część graczy oczekujących na następny etap opuściło turniej, co spowodowało, że drabinka straciła kilka ścieżek, przez co mecz finałowy (runda 4) nie wyświetlał się (ale się odbył). Natomiast tak jak opisywałem mecz o trzecie miejsce ,,zepsuł się".

Pozdrawiam !
View attachment 11057291

Hello
I organized a tournament

3 decks and 1 ban
31 players joined

Everything was as it should have been until the last round (4)
Then the match for third place did not start correctly.
Every minute there was information that the match ended with the result 0-0, while the system for banning the leader did not work.

I suspect it was because the ladder was positioned incorrectly:
What I mean - in the first round the participants were drawn so much that there were only 3 matches (I thought there would be 6).
Some of the players waiting for the next stage left the tournament, which caused the bracket to lose several paths, so that the final match (round 4) was not showing (but it was played). However, as I described the match for third place, it "broke".

Best regards !
Can you please provide a link to this tournament for a closer look?

also one more update: PSA for the tournament organizers: with the release of 7.2 update, it's now possible to select new leader abilities on the tournament platform. However, for the decks/abilities submitted previously, icons won't update automatically as players need to resubmit their choices.

@ThorSerpent - I wrote on page 1 with some issues, now looking at Enrasilvers issue, maybe I have the same thing. I have now accumulated 3 archived tournaments and 1 draft - as well as joining one other test tournament. All with the same/similar participants as we worked our way around the platform. All of which have failed to work.

We start the matches, no invitations for anyone. The logs for each of the tournaments showing 'Error Create' for each participant. So we're at a situation that it seems impossible for any of us in these 'test' tournaments to utilise the platform

Tried logged in to the Steam version and the GoG version. Issue persists. Any thoughts? Is there a plan in place to allow the deletion of old tournaments that are placed into archive?

GoG username: TheConcertina
Link to a failed archive (showing error logs): https://tournaments.playgwent.com/tournament/1583/logs

On the above, we eventually had to just try to manually force the results to finish it, as nothing was being created

Hope you can help

My account name is 'chisinsekai'. There is a tourney i joined and i already clicked to leave that tourney. The website show i success but around 5 minutes later, the website show that i am is still in that tourney. I tried other days later and the bug still remains. This bug prevents me from playing other tourneys When other tourneys start , they warn that my account is participating the bug tourney. Please help. The bug tourney: https://tournaments.playgwent.com/tournament/2828

Hello.
First of all, I'm so excited and grateful for this tournament platform and coming arena changes. Everything that makes this wonderful game easier to play with friends is a win in my book.

So, my problem seems to be that I can't share my decklists...

I'm playing Gwent logged in on my gog-account on my iphone SE 2.
To participate in a tournament I need to submit my three decklists. I'm directed to this page: playgwent.com/decks.
From there I need to click the button "Create a new deck" and this pop-up window tells me :
  1. Launch GWENT
  2. Open the Deck Builder, select your deck and click “Share a deck”
  3. Select [name this deck & create a guide] on the Shared GWENT Deck website
  4. Log in, describe your deck and publish!
Pretty straight forward, but I can't find any button to share my deck?

Is there any way to work around this? For example, if I find someone who has the exact same deck set up, could i share their deck list?

Any ideas?

Hi, some bug feedbacks for the tourney tool:
Can't seem to add spectators for the last match in a tourney.

Also, would be good if it could if spectators could leave and enter ongoing matches as they please, in this current setup it's very limited and hard to use.

Also should be a tool to manually restart matches in a bracket if a match was disconnected or so.

But overall great tool, very promising!

The tournament platform is still in Open Beta. So I have some requests for some features which could be added to the platform before release (or sth in that vein):

The tournament platform seems to be built around the idea of organizing bigger events.
I feel like adding a separate option for duels - closed tournaments between just two players with the possibility of adding spectators - is worth considering. Right now the lowest "players limit" is 4 players. Some sort of light mode for tournament creation would be great in that context - no banners, no publication, ...

Also, only standard, unranked mode tournaments are possible. There is room to expand:
a) Ranking is taken into account
- Tournaments only for players below R7
- Tournaments only for Pro Rank players
- Tournaments only for Players with >2500 peak fMMR
b) Seasonal mode tourneys
c) Draft mode tourneys:
- a new Draft for every match
- 5/10/x tries to build a "perfect" deck that you'll use in every match of a single-elimination BO1 bracket
d) premade restrictions:
- only specific leaders are allowed to be selected
- only up to 5 special cards are allowed (there's hopefully a way to check this using deck links)
e) there's a lot more stuff to explore

This was just about showing some off-the-cuff ideas. But of course, there's the possibility, that this will make it all seem cluttered.
Post automatically merged:

Oh also:
These two tournaments seem like spam because they start in 5/61 Years

On it says:
"Remember, with great power comes great responsibility, so choose your admins wisely, the ones you are really trust."
The "are" at the end isn't necessary.

When do we get the Tournamnet section in-game. I mean in the game homescreen.

I once saw it in-game but then it disappered.

Hello everybody!

Love the tourney platform it was fun using it. I have had an issue past Friday where when the bracket was initiated and both me and my opponent put our bans through, the coin is not being decided for either of us. For some reason the platform is incompatible with my account and isn't working for me in particular but is fine with the rest of the players. I want to know what I can do to resolve this. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon

Top Bottom