Tourneys in GWENT

+
Tourneys in GWENT

Tournaments are not a new idea, but the way they can be implemented in Gwent can mean the world to the community.

Imagine a tournament mode in GWENT where you could see the standings:

and if the matches are playing right now, you can use spectator mode to watch (that is for all players - maybe even a "watch tourney" notification in main menu if the tourney is official).

Then, during the quarter, semi and final matches all spectators and players participating get to experience parts of the Witcher soundtrack (or a unique, reserved music theme for the occasion). I think watching the best players play against each other while listening to an epic theme can accrue to some epic match-ups and unforgettable moments.

Watch this for an example (starts at 15:09) :

EDIT: and maybe a crazy idea, to have a second version PREMIUM cards, only a few, that can be gotten as a reward from a tourney win (think a tourney booster card pack that cannot be gotten otherwise). That would be the ultimate way of expressing that you won tournaments, because your cards will have different animations (even illustrations). Man, the potential!

Last edited:
Yeh, i had an idea of makeing Gwent League since day 1 it was announced, so tournaments is something i have in my mind also. the problem with live spectators and playing behind your PC in your home is that someone can actually watch your match and communicate with your oponent via TS, Skype, Discord etc. So i can see only two options here. Replay recording option or livestreaming matches with 5-10 min delay.

So i can see only two options here. Replay recording option or livestreaming matches with 5-10 min delay.

Or in spectator view there can be visible only cards on the battlefield. Hands of both players can be covered. I know that in that way spectators can only comment moves of both players without knowing their hands, but it is safe for tournament contestants.

Regardless of this, I very like idea of tournaments, leagues and prizes, like trophies, unique animations of cards and so on :)

Or in spectator view there can be visible only cards on the battlefield. Hands of both players can be covered. I know that in that way spectators can only comment moves of both players without knowing their hands, but it is safe for tournament contestants.

Hmm that could be interesting. It would be also better from comantating point of view, since comentator would be forced to actually comment on player moves instead of telling viewers what we would do or what player should do.

100% yes please!

Hopefully there will be some sort of gambling mechanism too, not every game or tourney but the ability to enter into games that have stakes more than just ranked points.

Maybe you could gamble cards, items or in game currency to spend in store.

Like a lot of online games do you could have a gold currency (which you've bought using real money) and a silver currency (which you've earned in game)

Then in the shop items cost less for gold and more for silver

I think tournaments, community run, or officially run, should be expected to come about once the game launches. There's lot of enterprising people out there looking to organize, and plenty of passionate, competitive players ready to jump in.

Top Bottom