Toussaint Has Spoiled Me!

+
Toussaint Has Spoiled Me!

Anyone else feeling this? I can't go back to Velen/Novigrad or even Skellige at this point. Toussaint is just perfect. The architecture, the woods, the climate, everything just trumps what the other regions had to offer.

Even at night, it's so gorgeous!

Same here..played two times B&W, wanted to start complete Ng+ run , now i have nearly finished white orchard and i already want to go back to toussaint :D
But reloading my old normal game save is no option, because i need the skillpoints from ng+.....damn...

i like toussaint a lot, the people, the city, the view distance, but there is too much of the same bushes and trees, the terrain is very simple not much difference on the environments and not so diverse plants like in he base game, it's great in its own way
this new region does feel more alive and happy than the base map,

Last edited:
Kaer Morhen still is my favourite location
Man, i know. That place really was able to deliver that ''home'' feel. Even the Kaer Morhen music, has that something special i think. That might be my favorite ''location theme''. Also you know the beginning Kaer Morhen mission/dream. Always felt like that place was the best for Geralt to be, including the people with Geralt in that part.. That dream was, ''home''.

I welcomed the change that is Toussaint, but I really wouldn't want all other areas to be like that, I like the diversity of environment, and Blood & Wine just took it one step beyond !! :)

Kaer Morhen still is my favourite location
First it was mine too, and it's still my favorite area in the main game. I did spend many hours only in that area, roaming around and only enjoying this area with the music in the background. Really reassuring.

And then came B&W...and everything changed :D

Don't really understand the praises for Kaer Morhen. There were a lot of fun quests there, but the castle itself felt rather desolate. Especially after you know who dies, it just doesn't feel like home anymore. I rarely if ever go back to Kaer Morhen.

As to the OP's original question, yes, I find it difficult to return to places like Velen after Toussaint. Give me wine and sunny skies over ghost babies any day.

Don't really understand the praises for Kaer Morhen. There were a lot of fun quests there, but the castle itself felt rather desolate. Especially after you know who dies, it just doesn't feel like home anymore. I rarely if ever go back to Kaer Morhen.

As to the OP's original question, yes, I find it difficult to return to places like Velen after Toussaint. Give me wine and sunny skies over ghost babies any day.

The interior level art is spectacular. Although I was hoping we could visit the mutagen dungeon where we first met the professor.

After a certain persons death cant help but feel sad in Kaer Morhen yes.
But man, people live and people die, yet ''home'' is where they leave pieces behind...
Ok So that came out more poetic than i thought i could be haha. But yeah that dream in the beginning though? In that state, Kaer Morhen seems like the happiest home Geralt wishes for. Then some ''big'' m.f.ers come in swords swingin and mess it up a bit. But still.

The feeling , the atmosphere, the music... need other reasons ? ;)
And the area looks damn good too .

Fair enough. It is a lovely place, I just prefer Corvo Bianco and Touissant because there aren't as many negative associations/memories that come along with it. It's more of a blank slate that you can project Geralt's future onto and make up your own stories.

Kaer mohern has the greatest scenery. Agree on after the old wolf dying, its almost depressing. Shame we didnt get anything at KH after the main campaign.

The interior level art is spectacular. Although I was hoping we could visit the mutagen dungeon where we first met the professor.

Had hoped for that too. That and the library/armoury.

I think they really delivered on that area more than anywhere else. Maybe just for nostalgia sake for the old fans.

Top Bottom