Toussaint map ??

+
Toussaint map ??

Obviously speculating, however, based on prior content I think the more accurate term is "educated guess".

CDPR has graciously released specific info about the expansions, and although it is torture waiting for the details, let's discuss what we do know.

Info so far says "HoS" will introduce 10+ hours of content and "BaW" 20+, and the glorious addition of a new map. Now nobody knows for sure, but I think it is safe to assume both expansions will be longer than advertised to complete 100% of eithers content. When trying to gauge the size of the Toussaint map we do have some points of reference. Obviously those being:

-White Orchard
-Vizima
-Velen/Novigrad
-Skellige
-Kaer Morhen

Obviously, more time could be spent in any region, however, my own playthroughs have been something like this:

- White Orchard = 10 hours
- Vizima = 1 hour
- Velen/Novigrad = 50+ hours
- Skellige = 25-30 hours
- Kaer Morhen = 10-15 hours

Now obviously everyone will be different, however, I have tried to make reasonable observations and estimates to the best of my ability. Interestingly the massive 50+ hours spent in Velen/Novigrad is as almost an even split of 25-30 in each region (Velen/Novigrad). Then over to Skellige for about the same total time again (25-30 hours) and yet another different type of map, including small island archipelagos spread over a vast area. The reason I am pointing all this out is that Velen is a sprawling, expansive landscape that takes constant lengthy travelling and map exploration to complete whereas Novigrad is a relatively small corner section of the map with less land than any single section of Velen and Skellige different from both. I know the density and city landscape is the obvious reason for this difference, however, what, if anything, can we learn about the Toussaint map from these observations.

Should we expect a sparse, poor, rather small outer region and a walled city where most of the content plays out, something like Novigrad, or will it be like Kaer Morhen with distinct map locations spread apart by some distance, or perhaps different again, and it will be more like White Orchard with a generally even distribution of notable locations and destinations? The only map I feel can be somewhat ruled out is Velen. Obviously this is conjecture on my part, but it seems the least likely when considering 20 hours of new content. I could be totally wrong but I'd expect a map of Velen' s size would be offering at least 30+ hours of new content though. Again though.. I could be totally wrong but.. I don't think so....

What do you think? What are your guesses based on previous content? If you have read the books, do they offer any insight?

Given descriptions from the books, it'll be a fantastic city-town girt by a valley -- so I imagine smaller than Novigrad (maybe Oxenfurt size?) with a bit of intensely cheery nature to break it up. I could spend easily 20 h in Oxenfurt and surrounding regions if there was enough story and quests, which I imagine Toussaint will be.

Last edited:
The books do offer insight because a large part of lady of the lake plays in Toussaint.
And when I recall correctly Beauclair (the capital) has no city walls at all. It is a land that is untouched by war an no other country take them and their knight-errants very seriously. A bit like Disneyland in the Witcherworld.
Anyhow I expact it to be the size of Velen plus Oxenfurt. And lots of Vineyards.

Novigrad is the biggest city in the (witcher) world so its smaller. It could still be way bigger than Oxenfurt. Hope they will give us some more details soon.

Beauclair should be the main city, sizing somewhere between Novigrad and Oxenfurt. As far as lascape goes, there should be some mountains in the distance, maybe they'll even create the mountain pass Geralt uses in the books. Vineshards should be everywhere and no small amount of contracts to go with them. So I'm guessing a city in the middle of the map king of like Oxenfurt, surroundings like the vineshards and farms to the north of Oxenfurt and some forests and mountains a bit further away. Lots of potencial there

Last edited:
Top Bottom