Traffic need some serious rework

+
Everyone who played the game can tell that traffic and AI in open world is not finished.

Side thing, but I also wonder where people park their cars in Night City ? When I want to stop somewhere, I wish I could roleplay proper parking. Nope, usualy nowhere to stop, drive on the sidewalk and pretend it's alright.

After 70+ hours in the game, kinda get used to it and it doesn't bother me that much, it feels now like part of the " design ". But how AI crowd and traffic behaves is truly "breathtaking".
lol ive seen quite a few people ask this and did wonder it myself in the first couple of missions where youre meant to drive somewhere with someone. feels so stupid and immersion breaking when you either mount the kirb hard or just stop on the road. it seems the 48 minute deep dive was the only time we saw a road which had kind of parking space but wouldnt surprise me if they only added that purely for that segment.

Well the parking space problem wont be fixed though ^^.

It would be great if they were to just deactivate the 2d asset stuff in the badlands or maybe even while driving altogether. If I am standing on a mountain looking down on the city then its fine to see all the cars/lights.

Agreed and not only the traffic, cop spawning is also incredibly annoying, they literally spawn right next to you the second you blink away making it nearly impossible to find cover.

We need to keep this thread alive maybe they will at least adjust a few things if they cant or wont fix it.
Post automatically merged:

No bump well then no fix

Last edited:
This too, has anyone else noticed there are a lot of areas where a road joins up with another and the cars will nearly always stop there then go again or just get stuck in general. Like the tunnel heading east towards Pacifica. Cars will be driving and instantly stop or get stuck just after the tunnel starts.

This too, has anyone else noticed there are a lot of areas where a road joins up with another and the cars will nearly always stop there then go again or just get stuck in general. Like the tunnel heading east towards Pacifica. Cars will be driving and instantly stop or get stuck just after the tunnel starts.
Broken pathing, paths for driving AI are not connected properly I guess. But there are way more immersion ruining things than cars are stuck, just look at this video I posted yesterday on reddit...

Working as intended, I guess? : cyberpunkgame (reddit.com)

(Note: I am on SERIES X)

Not to mention the game breaking driver AI that will pile up traffic because the game uses the rendered portion of street lights rather than a mathematical construct before the render -- I mean I suspect this because they stop in the middle of freeways where there might be a traffic light, but there is no traffic light; and, they roll through red lights that appear green in the distance, then oncoming traffic disobeys traffic laws on another side because the AI is paying attention to the render and not pre calculated routes they can all agree with to conduct smooth transitions. I get AI needing to be somewhat random for realism, but between AI drivers, poor rendering, and just an overall lack of planning for traffic, the whole AI driving thing needs to be rebuilt IMO. It simply doesn't work for a game that is meant to be fast paced. Either map out preconstructed routes under the engine, or fix the render of street lights in relation to what the AI is paying attention to.

I have had to show V's road rage more times than I can count, and it ain't pretty :p

Also, Welcome to Betapunk2077 lol!

Another issue with traffic I've not seen mentioned are intersections which have 2 major issues.
1: "Right of way" has not been programmed into the traffic AI. When 2 cars are turning the same direction from opposite lanes, both stop indefinitely instead of letting the car that was turning right go first.
2: traffic lights change way too fast and there is no yellow light, just green and red. I believe cars stopping at a red light is programmed in. Since the light goes from green to red, cars are unable to clear the intersection, thus blocking the cross traffic. Also, with the lights changing so fast cars that are part way into the intersection will just stop for the red light blocking traffic.

bign

Forum regular
anyone else noticing that cars you leave on the road dont despawn? bodies sometimes don't either.

and traffic lights always turn green as soon as youre close.

In my playthrough, there was an npc van in the badlands, in front of the motel, don't know what happened to it, but it was at a 45 degree angle from the ground just hovering above the road. Every time I drove by that stretch of road, even after 30 hours of more play, the van was still just hovering there.

Guest 4508207

Yes please CDPR, please overhaul the traffic. All said allready in this thread.

GTA has a dynamic reactive world too.

To think i was one of the people that was quick to shut down others who compared Cyberpunk2077 to GTA before its release like it wasn't worth being in the same post code... but now here i am. humbled.
I have eaten humble pie before. Oh man is it tasty!

In my playthrough, there was an npc van in the badlands, in front of the motel, don't know what happened to it, but it was at a 45 degree angle from the ground just hovering above the road. Every time I drove by that stretch of road, even after 30 hours of more play, the van was still just hovering there.
in my current playthrough i made the mistake of following a fixer car (one of rogues i think, after the union gig). It drove around town, then i decided to drive besides it in my own car to speed up the wait at traffic lights, followed it for a few minutes around the same block which it circled twice (i think), lost it for a second and was all excited when i saw a similar car drive a different route (assuming it was the one rogue sent). When i realized it wasn't the same and returened to the intersection where i lost it it just stood there, immovable. could just drive "inside" with my car. and a little while later it was just anoter immovable setpiece and has yet to vanish (almost an ingame week after it happened). wonder if this'd have happened with all the fixer cars had i followed them after completing the respective missions...

Looks like a regular bug and rendering issue that just lacks polish.

The 2d cars in the distance however scream hardware and engine limitation. I reckon that won't be fixed til the next-gen update or with the use of LoD mods on PC.

Then lets do that. NOW
Chill man. Modders are still figuring out the engine and it's not even half a year out yet. It will be a matter of time.

There's a draw distance fix that reduces pop-ins and increases LoD but just for the environment for now. Nothing on vehicles yet. And until fundamental bugs are squashed, I reckon it could only do so much.

I'm sure it won't take long. I mean look at this. The 3rd person mod isn't even 2 month's old and the progress and updates are already astounding. Fixed clipping, adding manual zoom features, and auto-switch to 1st person when entering combat. As I said, it'll be a matter of time.. :ok:

Last edited:
Top Bottom