Trailer Analysis

+
Analysis ofc. Good read. Points from CDPR will come right after. :)
There are a lot of small things but I don't think they are that worth pointing out. Also this would be really long of I did that and I'm a tad bit too lazy for it. Don't worry I'm pretty sure Youtube is full of such videos already.

Wow, cool analysis,
now I know a bit more about those characters, Trauma Team, lizzy, and those new details,
I didn't noticed the netrunner frying the executive,

thanks

Looking at this trailer again, I think that RED's have hidden some gameplay related informations as well, based on each scene presenting different roles in the game world.

The protagonist of this trailer and his female counterpart seem to be a Fixers and they are presented in the video as hiding in the shadows and operating from the distance. Since we know, based on the job offers, that game will have stealth based gameplay mechanics as well, I think it supposed to show that Fixer is a role that specializes in stealth, hiding in the shadows and whenever he needs to take someone down, he does it by surprise. I also noticed that the logo on the back of the trailer protagonist jacket's (which is also wear by his female counterpart) lights up in contact with the light source, which I think might serve in game as a natural light/shadow indicator, so whenever it lights up when you sneak around, you know you are in the lit area and everyone can see you, but when it's dark, you are safely hidden in the shadow.

The big guy with plethora of augs who goes against Trauma Team's wall of fire is obviously a Solo. We can see that thanks to his augmentations his capable of taking a few bullets before going down and the fact that he just goes straight toward the danger all this time implies that he is a combat heavy character.

Nomad is this confused looking guy, who seems to be completely lost in the city, since he's not used to urban life. There is not much shown to him in terms of gameplay, but the fact he's being approached by shady individuals and uses force to rip that one dude implant suggests his character might be more about him trying to adapt and survive inside an hostile environment and when it comes to solving his issues he relies on melee combat to force other people into compliance.

Media seems to be that women busy with putting her face on, which is implied by the fact that she's surrounded by various press clippings and because she wears face implant, which shows that she really takes care of her looks, since those are pretty important for Media role. That scene might show that Media is a role that rely on their personal charm and charisma to get what they need.

Rockeboys seem to be represented by that singer Lizzy and while the trailer doesn't give her that much focus, we can see that Rockerboys are all about fashion and fame, with the crowd going absolutely crazy for her and she's having a bunch of armed man at her disposal, which I think is a nod toward this role special ability called Charismatic Leadership, that allows them to control the crowds through their music in order to make them do their bidding.

Corporate is pretty straightforward, as we see him using his Resources to hire other people to do his dirty work for him, so I imagine it's gameplay will be more focused on finding and recruiting right people for the job, then doing it yourself. We also see Netrunner who uses Net to complete various illegal assignments for personal benefits, including murder by frying the brain of the victim connected to Net, from their apartment level, so I think Netrunner gameplay will be mostly build around traversing the Net and hacking whatever you need.

I think the fat guy who sells the little robot is a Techie, while Trauma Team supposed to represent Med Techie, but those are also pretty straightforward, with the first one being all about fixing, building and selling different gear, including weapons, while the other being a combat medic.

It's just my educated guess, but I think it's not completely ridiculous.

Last edited:
New here but long time 2020 player. Couple things I noticed.

First... The voiceover. People are assuming it is the protagonist... V. However, the voiceover syncs with a chactacter's mouth movements halfway through. My assumption is that this might be actual character dialogue at the start of the game. Who is he? Probably a Corp fixer or person in the mayors office who yanks you off the street (or out of jail) and starts you on the main quest line.

Second... People are assuming that the dude with the jacket is a placeholder for the main protagonist. I think that is an error. Cyberpunk
Is a game that requires a Team to survive. No matter what class you go with it is a safe bet that you will need to recruit several npc companion characters. I am guessing some of the prominent characters shown will wind up showing up in game as available options.

Looking at this trailer again, I think that RED's have hidden some gameplay related informations as well, based on each scene presenting different roles in the game world.

The protagonist of this trailer and his female counterpart seem to be a Fixers and they are presented in the video as hiding in the shadows and operating from the distance. Since we know, based on the job offers, that game will have stealth based gameplay mechanics as well, I think it supposed to show that Fixer is a role that specializes in stealth, hiding in the shadows and whenever he needs to take someone down, he does it by surprise. I also noticed that the logo on the back of the trailer protagonist jacket's (which is also wear by his female counterpart) lights up in contact with the light source, which I think might serve in game as a natural light/shadow indicator, so whenever it lights up when you sneak around, you know you are in the lit area and everyone can see you, but when it's dark, you are safely hidden in the shadow.

The big guy with plethora of augs who goes against Trauma Team's wall of fire is obviously a Solo. We can see that thanks to his augmentations his capable of taking a few bullets before going down and the fact that he just goes straight toward the danger all this time implies that he is a combat heavy character.

Nomad is this confused looking guy, who seems to be completely lost in the city, since he's not used to urban life. There is not much shown to him in terms of gameplay, but the fact he's being approached by shady individuals and uses force to rip that one dude implant suggests his character might be more about him trying to adapt and survive inside an hostile environment and when it comes to solving his issues he relies on melee combat to force other people into compliance.

Media seems to be that women busy with putting her face on, which is implied by the fact that she's surrounded by various press clippings and because she wears face implant, which shows that she really takes care of her looks, since those are pretty important for Media role. That scene might show that Media is a role that rely on their personal charm and charisma to get what they need.

Rockeboys seem to be represented by that singer Lizzy and while the trailer doesn't give her that much focus, we can see that Rockerboys are all about fashion and fame, with the crowd going absolutely crazy for her and she's having a bunch of armed man at her disposal, which I think is a nod toward this role special ability called Social Leadership, that allows them to control the crowds through their music in order to make them do their bidding.

Corporate is pretty straightforward, as we see him using his Resources to hire other people to do his dirty work for him, so I imagine it's gameplay will be more focused on finding and recruiting right people for the job, then doing it yourself. We also see Netrunner who uses Net to complete various illegal assignments for personal benefits, including murder by frying the brain of the victim connected to Net, from their apartment level, so I think Netrunner gameplay will be mostly build around traversing the Net and hacking whatever you need.

I think the fat guy who sells the little robot is a Techie, while Trauma Team supposed to represent Med Techie, but those are also pretty straightforward, with the first one being all about fixing, building and selling different gear, including weapons, while the other being a combat medic.

It's just my educated guess, but I think it's not completely ridiculous.

I was thinking the same thing. I had a notion that the trailer showcases many possiblities of who "V" can be and what he or she can do. From driving, negotiating, hiring other people to do dirty work, getting into fire fights yourself, taking cybernetics off people by force, etc.

I think the fat guy who sells the little robot is a Techie.
I'd agree with almost everything that you wrote but this part since I think Fixers are the ones more likely to be selling this kind of advanced military hardware than a Techie. Both are possible though.

Couple things I noticed.
First... The voiceover. People are assuming it is the protagonist... V. However, the voiceover syncs with a chactacter's mouth movements halfway through. My assumption is that this might be actual character dialogue at the start of the game. Who is he? Probably a Corp fixer or person in the mayors office who yanks you off the street (or out of jail) and starts you on the main quest line.
I also feel this way. Having a voiced protagonist in an RPG where you make your character from scratch is counterproductive.

Second... People are assuming that the dude with the jacket is a placeholder for the main protagonist. I think that is an error. Cyberpunk
Is a game that requires a Team to survive. No matter what class you go with it is a safe bet that you will need to recruit several npc companion characters. I am guessing some of the prominent characters shown will wind up showing up in game as available options.
People assume this because he is a central part of the trailer. I named him V in my post because he is the most likely placeholder, however I also think that he is not a proper protagonist but one of many "Vs" in the trailer. And I agree that some of the more prominent characters might appear in the actual game.

Good points, but you got this one wrong. The MP wears a jacket that writes samurai on the back. There is a Rockerboy band called Samurai, that was fronted by Johnny Silverhand (in C2020). That means that the MP is a Rockerboy, probably part of the band.

> Uploading...

It's been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to developed Cyberpunk 2077. We release a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and...went dark. Normal procedure for these kind of things - you announce a game and then shut up, roll your sleeves, and go to work. We wanted to give you The Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we conclude work with Blood and Wine. we were able to go full speed ahead with CP077' pre-production. But we choose to remain silent. Why? At some point we made a decision to resume talking about the game only when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realize you've been (im)patiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn't like anyone to feel that we're taking this for granted. On the contrary- it gave us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real too. :)

But, to the point. Today is the day, if you are seeing this it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, an alternative vision of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilized live, and gangs rule the rest. And while this world is full with adrenaline, dont let car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player story driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and... well you'll get to know the rest from what we show at E3. Be on the lookout for the Previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions.

1.When?
When we told you we would release the game when it's ready, we mean it. We're definitely much, much closer to a release date when we were back then :) but it's still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is required. Quality is the only that drives us - it's the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.

2.How big?
Seriously big, but... to be honest, we have not clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly we will tell you you can expect. And we promise we'll do this before we start talking about any pre-orders or ask anything of you.

3.Free DLC/Expansion/DRM?
Expect nothing else than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM. CP2077 will be 100% DRM free on PC.

4.Microtransactions?
In a single player role-playing game. Are you nuts?

Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously.

Yours.
CD PROJECT RED TEAM.

The first shot of the trauma team trying to revive the guy on the ground with a heavily armored and armed detail keeping watch is intriguing to me.

Are trauma team workers targeted while out doing their jobs, maybe for whatever technology or medicine they carry on a daily basis? I could definitely see this resulting in far fewer trauma teams in the city overall, or that they only come for those able to pay.

Maybe being unable to pay for services lands you in debt or jail, or gets you hunted by the trauma team to (maybe literally) extract their pound of flesh? To me that would be an interesting way to put someone in danger if you wanted them occupied for a while -- get them injured, call the trauma team while they're unconscious, "get them help" and watch their lives fall to pieces when they can't pay for that "help". Hell, unexpected medical debt is the reason why most people go into debt in this country RIGHT NOW -- in the den of inequity and sin of Night City, the worst place to live in America in 2077, it should be worse.

Also sorta reminds me of how something I read about how some old Fire Brigades operated -- they would show up if your place was burning down, but actually putting the fire out, well, lets have a chat about compensation. Seems like it would fit the setting.

Overall I really like this and want to see more about some of the day-to-day realities at play here. The cops might come if called -- but only after dealing with that anti-corporate riot on the other side of town. The trauma team might come if you're willing to pay (help might literally be more than your life is worth) but they could be attacked while they're helping you and leave you at the mercy of gangs.

More. I need MORE!

Last edited:
Are trauma team workers targeted while out doing their jobs, maybe for whatever technology or medicine they carry on a daily basis? I could definitely see this resulting in far fewer trauma teams in the city overall, or that they only come for those able to pay.
Probably by the foolish or desperate.
Trauma Team has a rep, one they've earned, for doing their job and not tolerating interference. When TT shows up smart people get out of the way and let them do their job.

Good points, but you got this one wrong. The MP wears a jacket that writes samurai on the back. There is a Rockerboy band called Samurai, that was fronted by Johnny Silverhand (in C2020). That means that the MP is a Rockerboy, probably part of the band.

The fact he is wearing a jacket with the name of the band doesn't make him a Rockerboy, just like wearing Metallica shirt doesn't mean I'm playing metal on my own. Nothing else about him say that he is a Rockerboy, Fixer is the only role that fits here.

Yeah @Shavod, looks like what will defined you would be your actions and the path you take in become the title you are chasing for to be.

The 'Do as you wish' message strengthens my suspicion that this is the character creation mode, perhaps you can alter your appearance at your hideout during the game.

The fact he is wearing a jacket with the name of the band doesn't make him a Rockerboy, just like wearing Metallica shirt doesn't mean I'm playing metal on my own. Nothing else about him say that he is a Rockerboy, Fixer is the only role that fits here.
I agree to your point, it doent really fit the character of Rockerboys, just stating that the hint is there. Maybe its a fixer that is part of the gang that supports Chrome Rock band Samurai.

Top Bottom