Training AI needs an upgrade

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
Gwent isnt exactly meant to be played offline, and this training mode AI is the only offline option but i still think it should do a better job:

A few days ago, my internet connection was suffering badly, and i really wanted to test a deck, so i went for some training AI matches instead of bothering real opponents with constant disconnect issues.

I noticed how awful the AI was, but it was more noticeable on certain leaders.

On Monsters, since the AI deck is mostly pointslam, the AI manages to do a good job.
Against SK and NG AI, the opponent acts as a complete retard, damaging or locking random units instead of your engines / threats. Now, i know it would be much harder to program the AI to evaluate all engines and create some sort of hierarchy, which would probably be a waste of the developers time, since im guessing they mostly want to encourage players to train against other real opponents.
HOWEVER, this AI should still do the logical minimum, like for example when i have a 6pt unit and 3pt unit, and the opponent is playing 8 damage, it would target the 6pt unit to optimize value, this should not be hard to do, and even a complete noob in Gwent would see this as the correct play (but somehow, an AI cant do basic math :shrug:)

Another issue, but more complex, is how aggressive the AI pushes and passes rounds. I found it funny when i was being pushed by ST Invigorate, but on the other hand, SK control was drypassing R2 and going for a long R3. Is this completely random? I know when you're quite ahead of the opponent it tends to pass, but there really should be more to this than that criterion.

I would love Ai upgrade. I honestly hate playing against players. It's all the same thing over and over. Would be cool if you could select what faction deck type you wanna face too. I've just started and already about to Uninstall bc how boring it is seeing same 4 decks.

Top Bottom