Translation into Hungarian

+
Translation into Hungarian

hi allprobably the wrong place to ask but is anything known about hungarian translation, now that the last wish is available. i hope so, hungarian translations can be very good, eg. lord of the rings was a great one. hopefully sapkowski's stories will be good as well. so that's it, or should i order it in english. (i'm afraid it isn't available here even in english yet.) i'm eager to read the stories, for i've been waiting for some good dark fantasy for a while now :)

Hi Ring,sorry to turn you down, but no Hungarian publisher seemed intrested (yet?) - which is a damn shame - regarding that the stories of Sapkowski are true gems among fantasy novels.I recommend you an English (or German) order if your knowledge of the language is pretty decent.The English "The Last Wish" just came out some weeks ago, and was published by Gollancz publishing house. You can order it from the English amazon site - so not the US one.If you want I can give you two foreign language bookshops in Budapest, where they will order it for you if you provide them with an ISBN number of the book.

Ok, some good news. I managed to organize a Hungarian reseller for you Sapkowski enthusiast out there in sunny Budapest. ;D And the price for the books is not a bit more expensive than in rainy England.http://www.bookstation.hu/index.php?op=item&id=43175Its the paperback version, and will arrive at the store in approx. 2 weeks from now.However, I recommend you logging in to the site, and reserve your copy on the link above, since they will not have Harry-Potterisque stock sizes. ;)Hope I could help.

wow awesome :Dthank you very much :) nice job szendrencs ;)i'll notify rpgvault.hu and some other places if you havent already :)

Hi Ring,don't bother telling rpgvault, they already know the word from me. :) But you can tell the other ones, and spread the word.And the good news - the shipment of the books just has arrived at bookstation.hu, so you can go to the shop and buy it:http://www.bookstation.hu/index.php?op=item&id=43175

i didnt have much time to read but even now i can tell the translation is great. at least i never feel it inconvenient or incorrect :) and the stories well let's just say it's exactly what i wanted, and waited for ;)anyway there's that story of Geralt fighting that striga. that is in the trailer too isnt it? and you mentioned somewhere, it will be a different story, after the books. so what now?does sapkowski keep writing witcher stories? or at least stories in this world? i hope he keeps writing couse i'd love to hear more tales, and yeah longer ones :)

What you see in the trailer, which is the 6 minute intro to the game, is actually the visualisation of "The Witcher" short story. And remember that "The Last Wish" is just the first volume of the whole 7-book-set. The story of the game is 5 years after the whole set.And Sapkowski decided not to write any more about Geralt and the world. However, after the game is success, who knows ;)

LoneWalkCat said:
"The Last Wish" is just the first volume of the whole 7-book-set.so we are waiting for the rest of them! ;)
Yes, unfortunately we have to wait till 08 september for the next book :( Unless we learn Polish :D

Top Bottom