Transporter Perk is crap..

+
Big in Japan ?
If yes, it was "fixed" in 1.2.
Before you could pick up the guy (to spawn the Tygers), drop it on the ground, kill everybody and re-pick up the guy. Way to easy :)
Now (after 1.2), if I'm right you are only able to upload QHs or sneak to complete this quests. If you drop the guy, the quest fail.
Dident happend to me last time i did the quest, i allways open the fridge and lift/drop him and go kill em all then i pick him up again. worked fine even in 1.23 for me.

Dident happend to me last time i did the quest, i allways open the fridge and lift/drop him and go kill em all then i pick him up again. worked fine even in 1.23 for me.
Weird, CDPR does a step back.
In 1.2, I'm sure, if you drop the guy after pick up him, the quest failed (and to be honest, I never drop it for test since 1.2.
Good to know and easy to finish it :)

I remember reading (and you can correct me if I'm wrong) that if you dropped him now and walked away, the quest would fail. So I didnt do that. I just waited until I had an uberstrong V that could just run past them instead.

My bad it's in 1.21 : Hotfix 1.21
  • Big in Japan will now fail if the player leaves Haruyoshi instead of carrying him to safety after opening the container.
Anyway, in this case, you can't have a gun, it's a "two arms" carrying (like with 8ugBear).
You can do it (I suppose), when a dead or unconscious body is on your shoulder and obviously, you have a "free" hand :)

So this perk, can't work for Sandra (The Rescue), 8ug8ear (Getting Warmer), Evy (Disasterpiece) or Haruyoshi (Big in Japan).

Last edited:
hmm now im doubting myself ^^ im pretty sure i just dropped him in the room next too the room with the fridge and killed the attackers and went back for him without problem. gonna have too replay up too that poing again i guess.

If that's the case, then the simple fact that they either can't be bothered to, or simply CAN'T fix them, worries me even more.

I know bug solving is difficult, but come on, it can't take THIS MUCH amount of time to fix a handful of perks...
Well if you are not careful in solving the issues you might cause more bugs. So they need to See if solving a bug causes more issues or not. And then they will start fixing them.

Last edited:
Still, there are perks still useless to this day (the Commando perk, since there are not enemies to be found near water), or in need of rebalancing (the Dagger Dealer perk for example, since you can't pick up thrown knives from corpses).

The Grenadier perk is redundant, since we already have the Explosive Analysis ocular mod.
For now Commando is hardly worth investing as, while it can make Gig: Gig: The Frolics of Councilwoman Cole bit faster to ghost, it's hardly required but then, we don't know about future content and Kujira is still there.

Dagger Dealer is actually quite nice if player wants to try build with blades only. Two knives can allow two silent eliminations, though if knives were retrievable, there wouldn't be need to carry that many for that approach to work.

Not everybody pays back to Viktor or even if they do, upgrade to Epic Kiroshi with three slots and stick with rare with two slots and player may want to use those slots for something else than Explosive Analysis. That's not even only perk that has overlap with unlockables from skill trees and I think that's something convenient and planned as it allows more versatility with builds.

nc_01

Forum regular
It's no secret the game is in need of a complete revamping, rewriting and rebalancing of most perks. Many of them still don't work after multiple patches, many are simply a joke (for example The Commando perk). Others, like Stronger Together, are so situational they are basically useless. Then, a lot of them add damage multipliers that either don't work, or are again useless, since towards mid-late game you become so powerful it simply doesn't matter anymore.

I agree that in a single player game this is simply not acceptable, especially eight months after release.
The fact that all of this passed right under the QA testers' noses baffles me. It's not like it takes months of intense testing to see this stuff. Whoever was in charge of perks design and testing should feel a little embarrassed, to say the least.
I can imagine using the Commando perk in Kabuki where there are a lot of enemies near the shore, but never tried it.
Anyway I think the game gives us a rich palette to choose from - some things are more useful, some less. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with that - you can choose the perks you like. Or maybe choose a mod that works similar instead. There are many ways to play this game and this is one of the aspects I like about it.
If something just does not work then it is a bug but I think it's ok if some things give you more and some less advantage.

, CDPR does a step back.
In 1.2, I'm sure, if you drop the guy after pick up him, the quest failed (and to be honest, I never drop it for test since 1.2.
Good to know and easy to finish it :)
Probably the usual bug and now it works again as intended. I mean, why the hell should the game take freedom away from me?
Post automatically merged:

Big in Japan will now fail if the player leaves Haruyoshi instead of carrying him to safety after opening the container.
My god, I didn't read this. My god. :facepalm:
A bug would have been way preferable.
Post automatically merged:

I've not known a game without some useless perks
First that come to my mind is prey from arkane. Such a great game.

Last edited:
There are a few perks that I have just never touched. It seems like a wasted point, for the most part. You would only get to use them in rare circumstances, or 1 or two, or never at all.

What's up with that undetectable in water perk? Lol I have never once died in the water. The few times I got in the water, was just looking for easter eggs and such. I don't remember any mission that forced me to jump in. There's one mission I recall that's at the piers, but that's it. You dont even have to get in the water.

There was one time I got in the water to look for Meredith Stout's body. Another time I jumped at a car accident scene, it was near the Watson fixer office. It's just small flooded area, and there's a legendary item there you can loot, and Nibbles the Cat is found there, underwater, licking himself. lol

Sprinting while carrying a body, or shooting while carrying is pretty useless. The idea behind carrying bodies is to remain undetected, so you don't really want to be shooting, I don't think. There's just that one mission where you rescue the guy from the refridgerator and you have to carry him out past a bunch of Tyger Claws. That mission, I just ran for it and tanked the occasional shot. It was easy, no perk needed.

The silent take down and instant hide, I don't know. I didn't notice too many situations where you would be able to use that perk. It sounds handy, but I haven't tried using. After I get a few points into sneaking around, I can take down an enemy and then pick him up and get out of sight before I am detected. The game gives you quite a bit of time. Once you get the hand of it, stealth is very easy.

Cold blood is good to have. That one looks like a skill a lot of new players might not understand at first, but it's pretty strong. The auto junk disassemble was really nice.

It would appreciated if they could find some way to automate a few more inventory tasks. I don't like "inventory grinding." I spent way too much time (in my opinion) disassembling things I didn't want. And sometimes I'd accidently disassemble something I wanted to keep. LOL :()

• Big in Japan will now fail if the player leaves Haruyoshi instead of carrying him to safety after opening the container.
Anyway, in this case, you can't have a gun, it's a "two arms" carrying (like with 8ugBear).
You can do it (I suppose), when a dead or unconscious body is on your shoulder and obviously, you have a "free" hand :)

So this perk, can't work for Sandra (The Rescue), 8ug8ear (Getting Warmer), Evy (Disasterpiece) or Haruyoshi (Big in Japan).

Did that quest yesterday on 1.23, picked him up, dropped him down on the ground again and went off to kill the enemies. Went back and grabbed him and finished it just fine.

And sucks about the perk as these quests are just the time where you'd want it. Bad oversight on the devs.

The last time I did BIg in Japan, it wouldn't let me drop him. Lol. So I just... walked out. I tried to look around for a way to sneak past them all. But I didn't notice anything. So I just walked past all the Tyger Claws, tanked their damaged, and then drove away. I guess I was probably lucky I was doing that play through on "Normal."

My current play through is on "Hard" and I probably wouldn't be able to do that this time. Bullets hurt on hard.

hmm now im doubting myself ^^ im pretty sure i just dropped him in the room next too the room with the fridge and killed the attackers and went back for him without problem. gonna have too replay up too that poing again i guess.
you dont have to - i just did it last week as well it still (or again) works easily - i took him out of the first building and dropped him between the next two, cleared the area and got back to him mission didnt failed.

Top Bottom