Transporter Perk is crap..

+
I think the marketing team came up with this one.
Says "Allows you to shoot with Pistols and Revolvers or Sprint while carrying a body"
It does none of those things [...].
Now I gota spend $100k to respec. No way in hell I'm leaving that 1 point in there.

Just a statement not a convo or question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you playing on an old save file, have you updated your game?

This spreadsheet where they were keeping track of broken perks says it is working, If you are running on the latest patch with a fresh save then I'd report it

Weird, I know for sure that I used this perk regularly during my plays (still in Act1 now with my newest V, so can confirm it later). It allows use of revolvers while carrying body EXCEPT one mission in Kabuki where you need carry body through hostile environment. Dunno why it not worked in that single case (mission bug maybe, will for sure report it if encounter again), but I had good use for this perk when was hiding bodies in hostile areas.

Edit: maybe there is bug when you carry mission main object body which disallow use of containers. Definitely worth some testing…

Last edited:
I play on console and this perk worked when I chose it. it was a little buggy though as sometimes the animation would glitch and the body wouldn't appear so you'd be carrying around nothing.
Speaking of crap perks though the worst has to be the Commando perk from the stealth tree (Notserious80 mentioned it above). It allows you to be undetectable when swimming underwater, despite the fact that literally none of the gigs or quests to my knowledge require you to swim into an area undetected. :ROFLMAO:
In fact the only quest that requires you to swim in the whole game is Pyramid Song, which has no hostiles in it lol.

It's no secret the game is in need of a complete revamping, rewriting and rebalancing of most perks. Many of them still don't work after multiple patches, many are simply a joke (for example The Commando perk). Others, like Stronger Together, are so situational they are basically useless. Then, a lot of them add damage multipliers that either don't work, or are again useless, since towards mid-late game you become so powerful it simply doesn't matter anymore.

I agree that in a single player game this is simply not acceptable, especially eight months after release.
The fact that all of this passed right under the QA testers' noses baffles me. It's not like it takes months of intense testing to see this stuff. Whoever was in charge of perks design and testing should feel a little embarrassed, to say the least.

Last edited:
Now I gota spend $100k to respec. No way in hell I'm leaving that 1 point in there.
Are you sure you should spend $100K ??? Tabula e-Rasa's price was reduced to $25K in 1.2 .
Post automatically merged:

The fact that all of this passed right under the QA testers' noses baffles me.
Oh believe me they know about everything. They even know about the bugs that we haven't encountered yet.

Oh believe me they know about everything. They even know about the bugs that we haven't encountered yet.

If that's the case, then the simple fact that they either can't be bothered to, or simply CAN'T fix them, worries me even more.

I know bug solving is difficult, but come on, it can't take THIS MUCH amount of time to fix a handful of perks...

If that's the case, then the simple fact that they either can't be bothered to, or simply CAN'T fix them, worries me even more.

I know bug solving is difficult, but come on, it can't take THIS MUCH amount of time to fix a handful of perks...
Which perks have you come across that are still not working?

Which perks have you come across that are still not working?

My bad, i just did a fast research and it seems most of them got fixed with the last patches. I haven't played in a long time, so i didn't test again the old not-working perks recently.

Still, there are perks still useless to this day (the Commando perk, since there are not enemies to be found near water), or in need of rebalancing (the Dagger Dealer perk for example, since you can't pick up thrown knives from corpses).

Stronger Together is rarely useful, PLUS you need the Trasporter perk too for it to work. This means you have to spend TWO freaking points on a perk that is hardly worth it.

The Grenadier perk is redundant, since we already have the Explosive Analysis ocular mod.

Anything that adds damage, or has anything to do with mechs and robot, is unnecessary, since mech encounters are few and far between. Maybe in future with expansions...?

Generally speaking, many perks are boring, irrelevant buffs that hardly make a difference in combat. I'm not saying they all suck (the Cool Blood skill tree is fun once you invest a reasonable amount of points in it, for example), but many doesn't really enhance the experience in any substantial way.

It's no secret the game is in need of a complete revamping, rewriting and rebalancing of most perks. Many of them still don't work after multiple patches, many are simply a joke (for example The Commando perk). Others, like Stronger Together, are so situational they are basically useless. Then, a lot of them add damage multipliers that either don't work, or are again useless, since towards mid-late game you become so powerful it simply doesn't matter anymore.

I agree that in a single player game this is simply not acceptable, especially eight months after release.
The fact that all of this passed right under the QA testers' noses baffles me. It's not like it takes months of intense testing to see this stuff. Whoever was in charge of perks design and testing should feel a little embarrassed, to say the least.
I'm sad you can only like a post once.

But yeah, not only they know about all these problems, but they actually knew it prior to release.

Perks being useful is another matter entirely and I think off topic for this post.

I didn't find the dagger dealer too bad, I had two slots full of knives and my primary slot with a non-throwing knife (the kitchen knife I think). I generally picked up a blade to fill the two slots during the course of an encounter. I found the perk to be overpowered taking out an opponent without any chance of discovery or alerting the others. Infinite knives would be just overpowered. Now and again I could loot the thrown blade.

Never used the ocular 'nade mod, always had better things to use in the three slots and I have yet to do a grenade focussed build, I think having the option is a choice and could free up an ocular mod when I have time to perk it.

The underwater stealth one I have no idea, along with water breathing drug. I think they planned to make a lot more of the underwater environment, perhaps we have a DLC coming which will make use of them at some date.

I've not known a game without some useless perks

Perks being useful is another matter entirely and I think off topic for this post.
Agreed, i got carried away a little.
I've not known a game without some useless perks

But i know many games with much more interesting, game-changing perks. Not going to do a list, but i think CDPR should have invested a little bit in this particular aspect of the game. But then again, as you said, this is off topic.

alot of the perks are just boring flat % increase in dmg or less recoil sadly. Kinda hard too make more interesting talents in this kinda setting i guess but i often feel like gameplay dont change at all from the start other then the wepons looks diffrent..

Maybe a misunderstood here, this perk is when you carrying an "unconscious" or a "dead" body (like for put it in a container) and not when you grab an enemies "alive".
But maybe I'm wrong :)

I noticed that there is one gig, the gig that dennis at the Afterlife gives you to pick up a 'package' at the water, in that shantytown, where you cant shoot while carrying a body. I was able to do so the first time I played it but in a later playthrough I couldnt shoot while carrying the body eventhough I made sure I had the perk before I accepted that gig.
They may have changed that(which really sucks) and it may be that this is where you couldnt use a gun while carrying a body.

I noticed that there is one gig, the gig that dennis at the Afterlife gives you to pick up a 'package' at the water, in that shantytown, where you cant shoot while carrying a body. I was able to do so the first time I played it but in a later playthrough I couldnt shoot while carrying the body eventhough I made sure I had the perk before I accepted that gig.
They may have changed that(which really sucks) and it may be that this is where you couldnt use a gun while carrying a body.
Big in Japan ?
If yes, it was "fixed" in 1.2.
Before you could pick up the guy (to spawn the Tygers), drop it on the ground, kill everybody and re-pick up the guy. Way to easy :)
Now (after 1.2), if I'm right you are only able to upload QHs or sneak to complete this quests. If you drop the guy, the quest fail.

And it's not the same "carrying", you "transport" him in your arms (as 8ug8ear), and not on your shoulder like an unconscious or dead guy.

Top Bottom