Trauma team needs to be added in to more content

+
When doing side gigs, you kill a lot of random corpo dudes and people with money, and its surprising how non existent trauma team is. I think there should be a lot of missions that have the surprise element of trauma team showing up to save their client, even if you stealth it because thats what they are supposed to do. I refuse to believe some rich suit would hire all the security in the world to stop me from killing them, but would also not have trauma team platinum.

Crazy oversight to not have a trauma team rescue system in place that tries to save wanted targets.

Last edited:
I'd love a gig were you have to get on to a trauma team to get access to someone they are picking up.

Big chase in the hover thing they have through night city once things kick off

Icinix

Forum veteran
Indeed, the very first mission also drives home just how major trauma team is, and what coverage can get you.

When doing side gigs, you kill a lot of random corpo dudes and people with money, and its surprising how non existent trauma team is. I think there should be a lot of missions that have the surprise element of trauma team showing up to save their client, even if you stealth it because thats what they are supposed to do. I refuse to believe some reach suit would hire all the security in the world to stop me from killing them, but would also not have trauma team platnium.

Crazy oversight to not have a trauma team rescue system in place that tries to save wanted targets.

Oddly, this happens once during the game. Trauma Team shows up for Saburo.

Oh and they're the guys who killed Jackie.

Think about that.

They need any amount of content added in for them. What content is there right now really?

* The Scavenger quest
* The Heist
* An Assault where you find they have had one of their ambulances shot down by Maelstrom
* An Assault where you find out that a Trauma Team member is smuggling medical supplies to Tyger Claws

* The Scavenger quest
* The Heist
* An Assault where you find they have had one of their ambulances shot down by Maelstrom
* An Assault where you find out that a Trauma Team member is smuggling medical supplies to Tyger Claws
They certainly appear in the game but I don't really feel like they have any content because:
The scavenger quest is the one where they probably have their most active role in the whole game but really that is just a cut scene.
The heist the don't do anything.
The assaults are both situations where you just hear about them and don't interact with them.

Their function in the game has so little impact It seems like there is no content.
Aside from the scavenger quest, they never come to revive you, anyone you are fighting mid battle, or any random people you see on the street that get messed up by one of the random gang encounters.
They have no intractability, no dedicated missions where they play an active role, and at no point do you ever even meet or have dialogue with a trauma team member.

I don't really count them as just being around in the game as content any more than I would consider a lampshade as being content.

I was thinking of missions where you are inside Trauma Team hospital and suddenly get assigned to rescue a client and you hurry to the trauma vessel to fly to a crime scene to realise heavy gunfire at the scene and you need to call max tac for backup and such.

this medic type of play offers enough food for and own expansion. like needing to treat different wounds with different tools and cure and such.

there are so many paying trauma team subscribers we could all rescue them be it murder attempt or car accident or whatever else can happen in night city :)

Not just Trauma Team, but Voodoo Boyz, Net Watch, Police, and the gangs need to actually be part of the world, and not just simple window dressing for us to shoot at!

Trauma Team could act something like the hospitals in GTAV do, where you lose some money, exp, etc whenever youre zeroed. Just, SOMEthing more than what we got.

When doing side gigs, you kill a lot of random corpo dudes and people with money, and its surprising how non existent trauma team is. I think there should be a lot of missions that have the surprise element of trauma team showing up to save their client, even if you stealth it because thats what they are supposed to do. I refuse to believe some rich suit would hire all the security in the world to stop me from killing them, but would also not have trauma team platinum.

Seconded, I love how scary and brutal they seem in the early story mission. They should be like minibosses, or show up and turn an action mission into a stealth mission because of how op they are. Adding more op enemies like them might actually improve the usefullness of the stealth abilities, too.

Oh yeah. CDPR could add some TT in there, i would be all for it.
Kinda biased since i am Paramedic IRL

Oh yeah. CDPR could add some TT in there, i would be all for it.
Kinda biased since i am Paramedic IRL

I'm not a nurse or work in medical at all, but there has been some professional intersection. Been thinking about Trauma Team and what settings make possible. I don't necessarily see making V TT member enabling working as well as new character in TT expansion.

I don't usually play DLC stuff at all but TT expansion might work for me. Setting enables different scenarios even on one rescue mission and say, patient may die like 5 times or something and explore some real scenarios there. But I can't pin it down if would work best as TT grim reality piece or TT The Dark Comedy piece.

Say it would be your call, which approach you would pick?

I'm not a nurse or work in medical at all, but there has been some professional intersection. Been thinking about Trauma Team and what settings make possible. I don't necessarily see making V TT member enabling working as well as new character in TT expansion.

I don't usually play DLC stuff at all but TT expansion might work for me. Setting enables different scenarios even on one rescue mission and say, patient may die like 5 times or something and explore some real scenarios there. But I can't pin it down if would work best as TT grim reality piece or TT The Dark Comedy piece.

Say it would be your call, which approach you would pick?
Good question. How to use TT and V and not make it like V is part of them.
Maybe have a mission or two where one of the fixers gets attacked and V has to do a rescue run with a TT trying to get to the Fixer.

Or maybe just a small patch to add in a scenario where V gets mortally wounded during a gig, TT swoops in, loads him/her up and works on them. Scene is the interior on the "Ambulance" with 2 Medics working on them. Can happen on any gig. V's health drops to say 5-10 and V falls activating a TT response

Good question. How to use TT and V and not make it like V is part of them.
Maybe have a mission or two where one of the fixers gets attacked and V has to do a rescue run with a TT trying to get to the Fixer.

Or maybe just a small patch to add in a scenario where V gets mortally wounded during a gig, TT swoops in, loads him/her up and works on them. Scene is the interior on the "Ambulance" with 2 Medics working on them. Can happen on any gig. V's health drops to say 5-10 and V falls activating a TT response
I kinda didn't express myself very well. I meant that we play from perspective of a new character that is already a member of TT.

I was thinking like one in your unit is fresh and maybe didn't get familiar with her gear or something. So here they come to rescue and she is supposed to just wait in ambulance and watch, while offering covering fire if needed.

So said patient has been wounded with a shotgun, not pretty. Player is there with other member of TT to hook patient up to whatever future tech they have for first aid. Hears weird stuff from radio, newbie has some trouble, she starts puking which is not good with helmet on, she is unable to remove it since she didn't get used to equipment and starts really panicking there. So second support then has to help her.

Gang appears, they don't care about the patient like fuck all, but saw opportunity to rob whatever there's in ambulance as both support units are kinda out of the picture temporarily. So now player is there with just one support fighting entire gang trying to drag patient in ambulance.

I really meant to ask if you could choose between grim reality or dark comedy approach to scenarios like this, would prefer grim or dark comedic approach to situation in game?

I kinda didn't express myself very well. I meant that we play from perspective of a new character that is already a member of TT.

I was thinking like one in your unit is fresh and maybe didn't get familiar with her gear or something. So here they come to rescue and she is supposed to just wait in ambulance and watch, while offering covering fire if needed.

So said patient has been wounded with a shotgun, not pretty. Player is there with other member of TT to hook patient up to whatever future tech they have for first aid. Hears weird stuff from radio, newbie has some trouble, she starts puking which is not good with helmet on, she is unable to remove it since she didn't get used to equipment and starts really panicking there. So second support then has to help her.

Gang appears, they don't care about the patient like fuck all, but saw opportunity to rob whatever there's in ambulance as both support units are kinda out of the picture temporarily. So now player is there with just one support fighting entire gang trying to drag patient in ambulance.

I really meant to ask if you could choose between grim reality or dark comedy approach to scenarios like this, would prefer grim or dark comedic approach to situation in game?
I get you now.
Interesting thought. That could work, really well.
A TT type dlc where you have to go rescue someone, under fire and whatnot.

TT makes a lot of things possible

Strong points of CDProject Cyberpunk writing team at least, understanding of mature subjects, interested about real life, dare to take risks to solve problems. That enables going into subjects like compassion, empathy and ethics. May appear simple at first but there might be angle from comfort zones in certain structures to selling robots. CDProject can also just kinda set some things here and there.

Trauma Team DLC could enable us to see life in their hospitals, I don't know really anything about those. In hospitals player can learn about the life of ultrarich, other important people whom can afford TT to begin with. Overheard conversations, direct dialogue... why would ultrarich talk with a nurse, even after saving their life?

Action, recovering patient from various areas around city, fighting different gangs or corporate mercenaries. Latter could have drone and/or droid support. Squad AI? two supports stay in ambulance, one with player character, like Jackie.

What engine can do? Ambulance chase mission, patient is in moving car. Criminals stuffed body in trunk and are moving away from city to dump and possibly destroy the body.

Volunteer work could give some picture about lives of common people in the Night City. Dependency creating issues. Someone has his arm malfunctioning, needed it to perform certain job, employer went under, his arm is also obsolete now. No money for ripperdoc to fix or upgrade due unemployment (natural arm would just heal). Just background chatter or something more?

Top Bottom