Trauma Team

+
it would be interesting, a system of life insurance in the game. depending on the level, the trauma team would arrive to save you. of course, it could have limited use.
what do you think?

it would be interesting, a system of life insurance in the game. depending on the level, the trauma team would arrive to save you. of course, it could have limited use.
what do you think?

Actually when I saw the 2018 trailer and the Trauma Team rescuing your target I thought.

Oh my God. When you have enough money the Trauma Team is going to come to rescue you. An immersive way to deal with player death and respawn.

As an immserive next-gen open world game I just didn't realize it was going to just be a single scripted event. Which is fine...... but why is there such a big deal made for them.

In the video I think they even introduce them like they're a big part of things. Its just confusing.

TBH I thought this would go down the route similar to Delamain. You'd get a trauma quest line to get a basic trauma coverage and when you die they'd pick you up fix you and you'd respawn outside the hospital.

i would like them also ingame (we likely will with multiplayer)

but it takes 3-10minutes for them to arrive... your dead by then (it also dosnt fit in the solo gamestyle)
in a pen&paper game its a diffrent thing when your on a run with your whole team

I just want access to the cool TT gear, like the no visor helmets and the jumpsuits. Doesn't exist in the Hash List of items.

Actually when I saw the 2018 trailer and the Trauma Team rescuing your target I thought.

Oh my God. When you have enough money the Trauma Team is going to come to rescue you. An immersive way to deal with player death and respawn.

As an immserive next-gen open world game I just didn't realize it was going to just be a single scripted event. Which is fine...... but why is there such a big deal made for them.

In the video I think they even introduce them like they're a big part of things. Its just confusing.

My first thought was that we will actually explore vertically and be able to stand so high in buildings and use some of those flying cars (a bit like the Fifth Element movie if you have watched it). Btw vertical exploration was one of the things which was advertised and never delivered as at the moment almost everything is at street level.

As for the Trauma Team a side missions line with them won't hurt I guess.

If I remember correctly, they even hinted such stuff. However, they hinted things aplenty. Like honestly, everything you had from the 2018 demo felt like a thing that would be present and make sense. This game feels full of things you go through and are like "cool, cant wait to use it on different place and time in this game"; yet you cannot, because those event were just one-time thing, just to hook you up and then leave you hanging.

unfortunately, that e3 trailer seems to be quite fake. I feel disappointed with the NPcs' artificial intelligence. As well as the police. On second thought, I think it would be impossible to have the Trauma Team the way we want in this release. Correcting Bugs and Crashs is essential and an obligation. But, they have not said so far about these most essential problems.

unfortunately, that e3 trailer seems to be quite fake. I feel disappointed with the NPcs' artificial intelligence. As well as the police. On second thought, I think it would be impossible to have the Trauma Team the way we want in this release. Correcting Bugs and Crashs is essential and an obligation. But, they have not said so far about these most essential problems.

Well, and the entire death mechanic would have to be rethought. As it stands now you die, reload. So getting this big thing to be picked up by the TT and whisked away to respawn at some trauma centre or hospital would be much more cumbersome. Imagine if you just blew yourself up on your own grenade and just want a quick do-over.

Now they could put in one or several experiences where you are picked up by the Trauma Team as part of a scripted event. Or other rescue missions where you interact with the Trauma Team. Or have a different death mechanic, but that last one I don't think is doable in a game already released.

@Salfin i didnt say that

i did say
i would like them also ingame (we likely will with multiplayer)

but it takes 3-10minutes for them to arrive... your dead by then (it also dosnt fit in the solo gamestyle)
in a pen&paper game its a diffrent thing when your on a run with your whole team

@CS554 yeah... it also dosnt fit into the gamestyle...
not that i wouldnt like it

The interesting thing about a discussion is to understand all points of view. But, there is no need to agree and this is cool. I'm not a co-op or multiplayer player. I like the immersion of games with beautiful stories. I just think that the Trauma Team, has a very complex creation to have been used so poorly. I am not a programmer and I know that creating a game is not simple. Let's hope CDProject gives us a better experience in Cyberpunk. In another forum, from another game I like, developers talked about topics and even added new mechanics to the game. so I think it’s worth discussing ideas, even the most absurd ones. 😁😁

Player having Trauma card would make no sense - you have a Relic 2.0 in your head.. you get killed, Relic would revive you... imagine what would happen if Trauma got you and transported you to hospital... 5 minutes later Arasaka agents would be at the door taking you away restrained....

Player having Trauma card would make no sense - you have a Relic 2.0 in your head.. you get killed, Relic would revive you... imagine what would happen if Trauma got you and transported you to hospital... 5 minutes later Arasaka agents would be at the door taking you away restrained....

Arasaka isn't in the game most of the time...

Adding Trama Team rescues could absolutely work with the game they have now. You just need to come up with some incentives for players to use the feature (think back to how memories were used in Planescape:Torment).

Maybe some of your ability points are refunded to you to repec, lost from the work the docs did on you and regained through rehab. The hospital could be a source of information, where you hear new rumors or get new jobs every time you're checked in. Paying the copays would also make money a bit more meaningful, as well.

Would be neat the first couple of times but waiting to be revived would get old quick.

I do think it would make a cool additional flavor for side missions - secure a target so trauma team can be dispatched.

what do you think?
You already full insurance about it. by go back in time before it happen :0 . Why you still need this thing ? i wonder

cheer

might be a neat idea, but I wonder how many people would use it, cause reloading save game is free.

and I assume getting airlifted to the hospital is going to cost eddies, reset the mission, and respawn all the baddies

Top Bottom