Traveling Priestess is broken

+
Teleport should reset the charges to zero when used on Traveling Priestess. All it takes is a little deck shuffling and you can get 9-12 charge priestess in round 3. Then plus 2 teleports equals 30+ points (all for 12 total provisions). It plays for 60+ if you use the orders on a Tridam Infantry or a Trolololo which is absurd! This is clearly and oversight, a few 4 provision cards should not be able to do a 30+ point swing.

Plz fix.

Teleport may be the least of the issues. It seems way to easy for priestesses to get charges with a dedicated effort to do so.

Yes The card is broken, i went rank 3 to pro losing only One game with that deck.

But The problem is, you need to create your entire deck to have that big finisher, so - in theory - The rest of your cards are just shit.

Of course you have a big combo with istread and snowdropp (when istread stay alives) and also The ring, but the rest of the deck are just a few points.

So If devs nerf priestess too much, that problably will kill The card, because no One will play a shit deck to not have that big combo

Yes The card is broken, i went rank 3 to pro losing only One game with that deck.

But The problem is, you need to create your entire deck to have that big finisher, so - in theory - The rest of your cards are just shit.

Of course you have a big combo with istread and snowdropp (when istread stay alives) and also The ring, but the rest of the deck are just a few points.

So If devs nerf priestess too much, that problably will kill The card, because no One will play a shit deck to not have that big combo
They’d better kill that broken nonsense.
I assume next patch or hotfix would do it, cuz they never fix the cards that are younger than 1 month at least.

I don't think anybody would miss it. It really seems like it was taken from other game by force - it does not fit in Gwent imo. I've heard something similar about Viy before it was nerfed, yet it's still being played on tournaments to this day.

Actually, I took a break from Gwent hoping Priestess will be gone when I'm back, but I ofc got matched against it in my very first game. Very foolish of me to play Gwent for so long and expect something different post expansion.

So, I played the game which I won, by a little margin, even after playing a perfect match, having 2-card advantage over my enemy in 3rd round, after pushing 1st and bleeding 2nd. I won by 3 points in 3rd round, cause his 4P Priestess played for almost 45 points total, in span of 2 rounds. Yes, you have to set up, but you don't really have to worry about making points on the board, if your 8P ring will play for 26 points for doing literally nothing, but simply playing into the round. I cannot pass, cause giving round control for NR is a lost game anyway.

Even after winning the game, I still alt+f4. I don't recognise this game anymore, all these ridicilously cheap points slams are unnecessary. It's just annoying to think that you have to sweat so much and play and draw perfectly, while your opponent simply draws and plays what he chooses preparing unstoppable finisher.

In regards to Priestess, remove Veil and give her Doomed instead, so she cannot be ressurected in short round three.

Game is becoming luck focused, bluffing is almost non essential cause round control is paramount. If you draw certain card, you win - you don't, you might loose. How many more nonsense cards like Aerondight or Ring will there be? 9P for 10 + 15 removal? 8P for 26 boost? Just when I thought 4 Fleders growing to over 20 points is too much to deal with.

I love Gwent and I appreciate hard work of the dev team, of course I understand changes are needed, but not like this...

I don’t think the nerf was sufficient — I think enough new, even more serious problems (Censor, Aerondight, Nekker, Sihil, Compass) have become sufficiently identified that the focus of complaints has shifted.

It's definitely still happening, but there seems to be less spamming: no teleport and necro garbage, which make this deck a bit less absurd.

Did not see any priestess in the current season. My guess that the Zeal nerf was sufficient.
Bc it becomed hard to play
Griffin mentor should be nerfed, Increase his adrénaline condition to 6 and if the unit he draw is a spy unit he boost itself instead, also istredd boost itself if it a spy unit
Post automatically merged:

I don’t think the nerf was sufficient — I think enough new, even more serious problems (Censor, Aerondight, Nekker, Sihil, Compass) have become sufficiently identified that the focus of complaints has shifted.
Magic compass is good as it is, it a hard play card with a specific condition
Aerondight too the card can be useless if it condition it not working during the whole game
Mixed about censor and Nekker
Sihil is the real problem here i think
I think more about simlas
Vanadain and alissa combo it becoming a real problem this season
Post automatically merged:

Teleport should reset the charges to zero when used on Traveling Priestess. All it takes is a little deck shuffling and you can get 9-12 charge priestess in round 3. Then plus 2 teleports equals 30+ points (all for 12 total provisions). It plays for 60+ if you use the orders on a Tridam Infantry or a Trolololo which is absurd! This is clearly and oversight, a few 4 provision cards should not be able to do a 30+ point swing.

Plz fix.
With her zèle condition now it fixed

Last edited:
Top Bottom