Treasure Hunt: Dirty Funds

+
Treasure Hunt: Dirty Funds

hello, i'm reading the Scrawled Note i got from bandit camp and it's in my inventory but i didn't get Dirty Funds quest started plz get this fixed with a patchi think i visited the camp destination before i took the note but i should get the quest even if so because i already looted there and open world game should count what we do

Same with me... I attacked and robbed the bandit camp before taking this mission treasure hunt.

Please CD Projekt, fix this BUG? Play on PS4. I can not lose everything and start from scratch just for this mission. I'm desperate, I've tried everything and nothing complete this mission!

Please, FIX THIS!!! CD Projeto RED

You have any date for that?

Thank You LORD,s!

Also with me.... I explore the map finding the bandit camp before reading the letter and now the quest is bugged. Can you solve this?
Thank you from every people that go into this problem and hope in your work!!!
Bye from Italy

Same here.... I killed all the bandits near the Windmill before I started Dirty Funds treasure hunt & now I can't complete the quest. I love the game but it doesn't seem to be open ended the way it should be, because if you do certain things in a certain order it screws things up. There is no way of knowing that you'll screw something up by exploring or doing other things. Please fix. Thanks.

This problen is well known and many threads was written about that. I think CD Projekt RED will fix this bug as asoon as possible.

Was this fixed with the recent patch?

My problem is, I actually opened the chest near the mill before I even knew of the quest.
I was just riding along the way, saw the mill and thought it is interesting.
The bandits weren't even there (they appeared there later).
I went inside the house and found the chests in the basement. So I screwed the whole quest.

If there was a fix, it is not working in my case.

Edit: Patched to 1.05 btw, and I know that nothing about this is mentioned in the patch notes.

Last edited:
This isn't the only occasion something like this happens. If you inadvertently do something out of order in the game, such as exploring and completing certain ? markers or part of a quest out of sequence, you will fail or miss the quest altogether. For what is supposed to be an open world game where you should be able to do anything you wish to in any order as it occurs, comes across as extremely sloppy game design.

I failed Gangs of Novigrad because I did something else prior to the quest, and Dirty Funds and the Viper Armour Treasure Hunt quests are locked for me as well.

What I don't understand are side quests unlocking at 6-8 levels below the main quest I've just completed, denying me the possibility of gaining XP to level up.

It's a great and fun game, but some of the bugs, glitches and shoddy game design make me want to bash the developers' heads against a brick wall until they come to their senses..They were probably on the vodka or rectified spirits when they were coding the game. (Only joking, dev guys, you have done a almost-masterpiece game)...

That's unfotunate. I don't understand why the bandits are not there from the beginning. If I had turned to the mill and saw the level 7 bandits I would've turned my back on this area to come back later.
Either you have to design the quest in a way, that it recognizes you found the chest already and read the note, or there has to be something keeping you away from it like enemies, a missing key or something like that. Neither nor is the case with this quest.

Top Bottom