Trees not loading correctly

+
Hello. I am having a problem witch Witcher 3 Wild Hunt goty edition. The problem is related to graphics, as they appear, in some cases they don't load fast enough or something like that, the issue is more visible when I pass through trees or tall grass, instead of disappearing right away the trees and grass leave behind a cloth like texture for like 0.5 sec or so until it disappear completely. At 1st I thought it might be my graphics card, but I ran the game from my motherboard with the integrated graphics card and the issue is still there. I attached a yt video in order for you guys to see what's wrong:

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel I5 3330 3ghz
Motherboard: Asus H61M-K (Latest bios)
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16gb ddr3 (dual channel ) 2111mhz ( but running only on 1600mhz since cpu+motherboard cant get them any higher)
GPU: nVidia Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6Gb (latest driver)
Storage: Kingston UV 400 240gb
Power supply: Corsair Tx750M

Last edited:
This is called occlusion culling. It's intended to work the way you're seeing it. It just ensures that you can always see what's around Geralt. The fading effect is there to avoid "pop-in", which is widely considered to be much more unappealing.

While I'm sure you're not the only person to dislike the effect, everything on the screen seems to be performing 100% normally.

This is called occlusion culling. It's intended to work the way you're seeing it. It just ensures that you can always see what's around Geralt. The fading effect is there to avoid "pop-in", which is widely considered to be much more unappealing.

While I'm sure you're not the only person to dislike the effect, everything on the screen seems to be performing 100% normally.
Thank you for answering ! Is there a way to disable this feature ?

Strange. I've played TW3 over many, many hours and I don't recall ever experiencing such a gfx feature.
Very strange, and I noticed today this is present in other games too, 3rd person ones and mobas, didn't experience anything of this sort with 1st person games, it's annoying being this aggressive with the occlusion in does this for some objects that needs no disappearing

Thank you for answering ! Is there a way to disable this feature ?

Not that I've ever seen in almost 6 full playthroughs. There may be mods that modify the behavior, though. You can check the Nexus and poke around. (I did almost no modding at all with TW3; not sure.)

Strange. I've played TW3 over many, many hours and I don't recall ever experiencing such a gfx feature.

The trees just stayed on your screen, blocking your view?

Not that I've ever seen in almost 6 full playthroughs. There may be mods that modify the behavior, though. You can check the Nexus and poke around. (I did almost no modding at all with TW3; not sure.)
I have no mod istalled what so ever, I'll look around nexus website see if there's a fix for this

Very strange, and I noticed today this is present in other games too, 3rd person ones and mobas, didn't experience anything of this sort with 1st person games, it's annoying being this aggressive with the occlusion in does this for some objects that needs no disappearing

You don't need it with 1st-person games, as you see out of the character's own eyes. The only thing that will ever block your view are things that would naturally block the character's view.

For 3rd-person games, it's trickier, as you're viewing the world from a camera following your character. Especially for cluttered areas, like forests, you're going to have your view of what's happening obstructed almost constantly. The most direct method for dealing with this and ensuring the player can see their character and surrounding clearly is to simply cull certain objects from being drawn within a certain proximity of the camera.

3rd-person games that don't use this feature must use another method. One is to have the camera warp to a new position (like Dark Souls, for example) to avoid obstructions, which normally works fine in wide-open spaces, but will become extremely problematic in tight or cluttered areas at it may move erratically or wind up at an angle that's completely non-functional for the gameplay. Another is to simply use static cameras, like the older Resident Evil games, so the camera stays in place while the characters move around environments screen-by-screen. (Obviously, the second method would be of little use for an open-world game.)

I think I get it now, the question that remains now is, is there a way for this to be done at a faster speed or to be a bit more smooth from windows or NVidia control panel settings, or is just related to hardware speed.

3rd-person games that don't use this feature must use another method. One is to have the camera warp to a new position (like Dark Souls, for example) to avoid obstructions, which normally works fine in wide-open spaces, but will become extremely problematic in tight or cluttered areas at it may move erratically or wind up at an angle that's completely non-functional for the gameplay. Another is to simply use static cameras, like the older Resident Evil games, so the camera stays in place while the characters move around environments screen-by-screen. (Obviously, the second method would be of little use for an open-world game.)
A mod to auto reposition the camera like this would be great.

A mod to auto reposition the camera like this would be great.

That's what the game does presently. Along with dithering or fading near-ground objects so that the camera has a clear view of Geralt and anything important around him.

Top Bottom