Trials of Grasses- trials for CDPR ?

+

addar

Forum veteran
Trials of Grasses- trials for CDPR ?

So Witcher 3 looks gloriously but one ascpect of the game seems off -GRASS !! (and others low vegetataions )

I know, due to visual parity, is hard to bring something special for PC and good quality grass eat many FPS, but for real .... its really immortant to make it right cause its immensley affect how game is receive by players

This topic is made by me to send clear massage to CDPR : WE WANT NICE LOOKING GRASS DAMMIT !!

I had to chuckle at the thread title, but this has already been discussed extensively.
And a RED took note of it.

I had to enter this thread to see if it was actually about what i thought it was :D
Agreed with Ljesnjanin 100%. I want the game to look as good as it possibly can but i don't really care about grass being the next big thing

addar

Forum veteran
i agree but i was talking about graphicsside not game overall , if everythiing is sharp and cool and u see this low textures of grasses u just cringe , its disturbing to me and tahts why i think CDPR should do something with it

i know its common here in forum to whinnig about grass , but making special topic for that makes it more clear and easy to find

Not for me, not in the least...
Well written characters with strong motivations, interesting quests, choices & consequences, combat system, alchemy - the most imortant things in Witcher series...

Yeah, if those things are strong in the game no one is going to distracted from them by the odd graphical glitch or perceived weak implementation of grass. Come on guys... grass will ruin your game.. really?

Grass? I don't give a fuck.

It really seems that some people do because theres nothing else to complain about, which really does say it all.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 55
Apparently, it will...Just look at this abomination:

View attachment 11087

Grass is not just low quality, it even clipps through the chair... :D

I have damn good eyesight - according to my Visual Cryptography Professor I have "golden eyes" able to spot a bitwise difference in a group of pictures - and I struggle to see that grass clipping even in a screenshot. When part of a moving image accompanying a cracking narrative, if such a thing "ruins" the game for me it'll mean the central part of the game - its narrative and action - have already failed to keep my attention, therefore the graphical issues will be tertiary to the true problems.

Which is why I can't take this issue seriously at all.

LMAO everyone is complaining about grass...? hold up, ehhhh who cares that much, I'm tired of all the graphic talk it made me appreciate the game for what it has and not what it isn't, I'm more concerned about how big the map is and how full it will be with things to do

My problem isn't the look of the grass as much as the way it and some other plants behave when geralts walks through them. Looks like some kind of unnatural warp

The grass looks good when it's in large patches, but in small patches it does look a little funny. Also in small patches, it looks like the grass moves only in 2 dimensions. But I'm fine with it really, I mean this is a game, not real life and I'll forget all about it while playing the game.

Of course we want good fucking GRASS...

After all this is the story of Grass, a professional monster slayer... nothing and when i say nothing, i mean nothing is more important than Grass. It needs to look awesome because he is the main character. FUCK story, gameplay , characters and everything else is secondary. It's all about GRASSSS

We could talk about hand holding witcher senses and arrow syndrome.
And we already did that, in couple of other threads...
But here...Here you can complain about grass...And grass only :D

---------- Updated at 10:19 PM ----------

After all this is the story of Grass, a professional monster slayer.
Geralt, professional grass mower, the whirlwind of sickles and scythes...

While I do agree that there are much more important things to focus on, I find it pretty annoying when people simply dismiss issues like this with a "lol who cares".
So while it might not be the thing to prioritize, it's still a legit point to bring up that the vegetation and surroundings in general look lackluster a lot of the time.

Top Bottom