Triple Monitor Issues (HUD & Mouse)

+
I run triple monitors at a res of 5760x1080. The HUD in CP2077 is stretched across all 3 monitors. I understand the engine used in CP2077 is REDengine4 vs REDengine3 used in TW3 but the HUD is properly centered on the middle monitor in TW3. So somehow the HUD rendering logic went backwards while updating the game engine.

I've also run into mouse/look/aim issues. I've had the mouse go haywire in the games settings menus and also while moving about the world. I rage quite after an hour last night because I died in a gun fight where I literally couldn't point my gun at the guy shooting at me. Theres some kind of weird mouse bounding issues going on.

I know you have plenty of issues to deal with right now, but please fix this! These things worked perfectly in the previous version of the engine. I'll provide any data/info you need! Just ask!
Post automatically merged:

I can't even look a little to the right in order to scan Vic after he upgrades my optics. Is this going to be fixed or should I just refund the game and be done with it?!

Last edited:
Same resolution, same problem. Can't move camera sideways to scan Victor.

Edit.
To move on with the mission change resolution to one monintor(for example 1920x1080). Afterwards you can change it back to 5760x1080

Last edited:
I also play at a res of 5760x1080. And it's not just Vic mission, all dialouge scenes don't let you move the mouse left or right. Camera get fixed, and sometimes in bad angle.

I tried to replay the same scenes couple of times with surround enabled and then with single monitor and it's a big difference. I don't think i could go through the whole game playing with fixated camera in dialogue scenes. Game was designed to give you freedom of moving camera around all the time, and for some scenes you need to be able to look around, interact and spot things during the dialouges. So atm triple screen is not an option unfortunately.

And ofc HUD not been centered also makes it hard to enjoy triple screen experience.

I hope they fix this soon. Playing on 1 screen feels like shit after been used to play everything on 5760x1080

Same problem with 3 screens. Cannot look sides when talking with people in missions. Only up or down. The camera is lock in sides. AND also inside the car we do not have the full angles to look almost rear as in normal 2K resolution. We have much less angle to look and just do it to the sides. Not reach rear views.

I wanted to chime in that I too have this issue. I haven't resorted to going "single monitor" but I may have to because there are a lot of negatives to triple monitor.

I can offer some help to all of you stuck on scanning Vic. I managed to hit the scan button as he rolled in front of me and I got past the roadblock. I would imagine that using caps lock to turn the scanner on full time before he moves in front of you might do the trick too.

Do have to say very disappointed with the triple monitor support. This is something I expect in a modern game!

Your photo mode will also not be working correctly, you will not be able to access the menus on the right side.
Post automatically merged:

As for Scanning Viktor, I was able to scan him in 5140x1440, but it was also as far right I could move the view.
I have noticed that there are many scenes where the view is very limited to how far you can turn. sometimes it looks like i have a neck ache and therefore cannot turn my head....

Attachments

• Cyberpunk2077-part06.mp4_snapshot_17.01.807.jpg
    Cyberpunk2077-part06.mp4_snapshot_17.01.807.jpg
    466.9 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Where have you seen that mentioned? I miss the WSGF forums. /r/widescreengamingforum isn't a replacement. It's basically dead most of the time. So curious where people talk about this stuff now. discord?

Hello People at CD Project Red

Cyberpunk is a great piece of Art, thank you for your work. Story is great and Graphics are phenomenal.

But i would also like to ask for a better ultrawidescreen / triplescreen support, not only for camera movement in special occasions, but also and (for me) foremost regarding the UI placement. As the thread opener told, there was great support for placing the UI in the middle of a triple screen setup in TW3, and it would be great to also implement this in CP2077.

Maybe even better, give the player the choice of which aspect ratio he wants to use for the UI - this would be great for 32:9 Users like me. Those screens are getting more and more popular and an AAA title like CP2077 with all this glam and glory Graphics maybe should be able to support those enthusiasts equipment, don't you think?

Anyway, this Game look absolutley stunning on a screen like this, 5140x1440 resolution. I only whish my 3090 would be here 'already' that i ordered at launch :LOL:

Thanks for reading

Much the same issue as everyone else here. Oddly enough the HUD is centered when controlling a turret

here are some comparisons

Attachments

• 20201213010544_1.jpg
    20201213010544_1.jpg
    499.4 KB · Views: 255
  • 20201213013319_1.jpg
    20201213013319_1.jpg
    647.8 KB · Views: 242
Hy guys
I have the same problem, 3 |440p-|44hz monitors, got 60fps on low settings whit ray-tracing and dlss on auto, problem is that I cant scan Vic.
After reading this i jumped back to play on only my middle monitor, but now I cant enter/see the menu???

When the game starts Im outside vic's place, and when I try to enter the setup(home page, the monitors go black whit just some small stripes on the middle monitor visual.

How can I access the menu to change back to 1440p?

Do I need to uninstall the whole game again???

Hope not....Takes hours

Ps, this happened after the new update yesterday....Have no clue how to get back to the menu now :(

Last edited:
Hy guys
I have the same problem, 3 |440p-|44hz monitors, got 60fps on low settings whit ray-tracing and dlss on auto, problem is that I cant scan Vic.
After reading this i jumped back to play on only my middle monitor, but now I cant enter/see the menu???

When the game starts Im outside vic's place, and when I try to enter the setup(home page, the monitors go black whit just some small stripes on the middle monitor visual.

How can I access the menu to change back to 1440p?

Do I need to uninstall the whole game again???

Hope not....Takes hours

Try to Alt+Enter to go from fullscreen to windowed, change your resolution an go back to fullscreen.
If this doesn't work try the following:

in your Username\appdata\ folder (normally hidden so make sure to show hidden files in explorer)

normally c:\user\[username]\appdata\local\cd project red\cyberpunk 2077\

you can find UserSettings.json

open up with an editor (notepad++) and scroll down to

"group_name": "/video/display"

a bit further down you'll find

"name": "OutputMonitor",
"type": "int_list",
"is_dynamic": true,
"value": 0,
"index": 0

Maybe it helps to switch to a different value there to let it show on the right screen.
Otherwise, in the same group:

"name": "Resolution",
"type": "string_list",
"is_dynamic": true,
"value": "5120x1440",
"index": 21

try to put in your prefered resolution there, maybe this helps to get you back in game. Don't forget to save the file and restart the game after editing.

I cant find user settings....
Im on D:steamLibrary/steamapps/ and from there I get a list starting whit "content" and ends whit Zlib.ddl

I see a Launcher-configuration JSON file, but when I open that whit notepad, its only like 2 lines of words.

to use tab-enter did not work, still cant access menu......

hi same problem here,

impossible to scan Viktor in Nvidia surround 5760*1080, horizontal view stucked.

hi same problem here,

impossible to scan Viktor in Nvidia surround 5760*1080, horizontal view stucked.

Either change to single monitor to get past it or hit caps lock as soon as vic starts to move past you to bring up the scan and it'll catch him. I dunno how many more hours I have in it at this point but I've not run across another time where the inability to look left/right in a cut scene kept me from progressing.

Honestly, for me other than the HUD not being centered, I've been enjoying it. Not a single crash and the bugs are mostly graphic glitches that are usually amusing IMO and most have just been clipping issues. NPCs walking through walls, cars halfway into the ground, my motorcycle getting stuck between 2 opjects, etc..

Having JUST went through another 120hr+ TW3 paythrough I feel like a lot of people remember that game through rose tinted glasses. It suffers from similar graphic issues at time (though not as frequent). Hell, I got Roach stuck all the time lol. I think in 6 months this will be similarly polished up.

A few posts up a guy said the turret HUD was centered, that gives me hope this may just be a glitch they will fix. Obviously, the logic to center the HUD is still there from the old version of the engine. I don't know what I did, but for my last few hours yesterday my left/right wasn't stuck in cut scenes. The only thing I can think of is that I had alt/tab'd out a few times during my play time yesterday and I made sure not to do it again when I realized it was working lol.

Honest it's a shame I just spent all this money on a 3080 and a 3 tn penal config and the game of the year is not up to snuff, looks like I aint gonna be buying this round, to red dead 2 and assinscreed Valhalla it is I guess, a big phat shame really, some people try to make somthing with a little class, Not in this life i guess :(((((

Extremely disappointed that CDPR hasn't done anything about these bugs!

I know they have a massive backlog of issues, but this one should have been something done out of the gate. It's not really a bus so much as a terrible initial design.

Last edited:
Top Bottom