Triss graphical errors

+
Triss graphical errors

I just noticed something in my second playthrough. First Triss has Hobbit feet for ear's they look way too big and discolored, secondly she has some sort of seams around her ears as well, like two different color tones with a big sharp line you can notice right under her ear, now I can't stop looking at it. You have to be in a conversation with her to notice it and to notice the line on her neck under her ear you have to see it form the side when in dialogue with her. anyone else have or notice this? and if so how would I bring this to CD red's attention I doubt this place is the best to see this actually get fixed in a patch.

Last edited:
Have you been using any mods?

If so, remove them and validate the files. See if that resolves your problem.

Have you been using any mods?

If so, remove them and validate the files. See if that resolves your problem.

Yes I suspected a mod but then I went online and looked at YouTube videos of people playing and saw the same but thank you still will try it but how do I validate files?

These are known problems with the alternate outfit, there is a mod by @Merc616 that fixes them to some extent, although I prefer to use the default outfit (also for other characters) myself.

These are known problems with the alternate outfit, there is a mod by @Merc616 that fixes them to some extent, although I prefer to use the default outfit (also for other characters) myself.

Ah ok let me try that, reverting to the default outfit. Sucks since I like the DLC look but if it gets rid of that then so be it.

When you known problems you mean the company knows or just the players? Is there a way you can link me to his mod page I don't see it on his page on these forums I wanna check it out. Does he have a nexus page?

When you known problems you mean the company knows or just the players? Is there a way you can link me to his mod page I don't see it on his page on these forums I wanna check it out. Does he have a nexus page?

@Merc616's mod was posted in the group thread "Triss hair mod WIP" here (direct link to version 0.9.5 beta). Not sure if there is a newer version elsewhere, like on Nexus. It fixes the seams and the ear color, but not the ear shape. By "known problems", I meant known to the players, at least I noticed them very soon after enabling the alternate outfits.

@Merc616's mod was posted in the group thread "Triss hair mod WIP" here (direct link to version 0.9.5 beta). Not sure if there is a newer version elsewhere, like on Nexus. It fixes the seams and the ear color, but not the ear shape. By "known problems", I meant known to the players, at least I noticed them very soon after enabling the alternate outfits.

Looking over the read me with that download it might actually require the default outfit and hair anyways i'll have to re-read it but I was hoping it would fix the DLC add-on for her since I prefer that look, but I can live with the default I guess, the DLC was free anyways but I wonder if they would ever take the time to patch it in the next patch. They must not even be aware of it. I can't tell if it's still there with the default outfit and hair but since her hair is pulled forward it covers the ears and it might even be covering that line on her neck too that I noticed so thank you, it's a lot less noticeable....if even there, a lot harder to tell now.

Looking over the read me with that download it might actually require the default outfit and hair anyways i'll have to re-read it but I was hoping it would fix the DLC add-on for her since I prefer that look, but I can live with the default I guess, the DLC was free anyways but I wonder if they would ever take the time to patch it in the next patch. They must not even be aware of it. I can't tell if it's still there with the default outfit and hair but since her hair is pulled forward it covers the ears and it might even be covering that line on her neck too that I noticed so thank you, it's a lot less noticeable....if even there, a lot harder to tell now.
There is an optional mod, on that thread (last page), that fixes the neck seam and ear discoloration issues for the DLC and default hair (the problems are hardly noticeable on the default hair). I made this mod for people who wanted to keep Triss' default hair color.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qeb6n17k1sofk76/BeautifulTrissSeamFix.rar

Before & After

There was a weighting issue preventing me from adapting the modded color to the DLC hair. I fixed the clipping through Triss' face with the hood hair mesh but it needs a bit more work - I need to fix a strand of hair and add a few more. If the Blender exporter got updated and the problem is fixed, I'll finish the mod including the DLC hair. As @sv3672 mentioned, people can download the main mod file here for the modded color:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/y3vb1ozzrm15aji/CharmingTriss.rar

Example: indoors, cutscene lighting:

Example: outdoors, no cutscene lighting:

Last edited:
There is an optional mod, on that thread (last page), that fixes the neck seam and ear discoloration issues for the DLC and default hair (the problems are hardly noticeable on the default hair). I made this mod for people who wanted to keep Triss' default hair color.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qe...issSeamFix.rar

Before & After

There was a weighting issue preventing me from adapting the modded color to the DLC hair. I fixed the clipping through Triss' face with the hood hair mesh but it needs a bit more work - I need to fix a strand of hair and add a few more. If the Blender exporter got updated and the problem is fixed, I'll finish the mod including the DLC hair. As @sv3672 mentioned, people can download the main mod file here for the modded color:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/y3vb1ozzrm15aji/CharmingTriss.rar

Example of my new hair color:

Thanks. that picture shows exactly what I was talking about. That line and discolored ears :/

The one I'm after looks is the DLC outfit and hair with the original bright red/orange hair color, looks like the link is down.

Thanks. that picture shows exactly what I was talking about. That line and discolored ears :/

The one I'm after looks is the DLC outfit and hair with the original bright red/orange hair color, looks like the link is down.
Sorry about that, I didn't copy the link properly. It's fixed now :ok:

Top Bottom