Triss Merigold: A wanted woman (SPOILERS)

+
Triss Merigold: A wanted woman (SPOILERS)

It just occurs to me that on certain playthroughs, the ones where Triss is not saved, that the sorceress will be condemned just as her sisters of the lodge are. Now with Nilfgaard marching north and the nations mobilising to face them, this might not be such an immediate concern. But considering that the lodge have been blamed for the division of the Northern Kingdoms at this critical juncture, and their crimes of regicide and attempted mass muder at Loc Muinne, is Triss going to be more of a liability than an aid in the third Witcher game?

Poor lass just can't seem to catch a break. What do you think will happen to her and who will hunt her? Bounty hunters, crusading knights of the Flaming Rose, blood crazed mobs or perhaps even sharpshooters of the special forces.

Huh. I got the ending where the Witch hunt began and it was stated that both Witchers and Witches were being hunted and killed. So I figured that there probably is going to be some kind of small trigger or maybe even a quest where someone is trying to kill Geralt. Bounty hunters sounds logical enough to me, I think sending knights will be a little overkill considering there's probably a battle field they'd be more useful on. And even though Geralt is fucking awesome, I can't see a monarch sending out a huge platoon to kill him.

I never did think about Triss though. I guess it's entirely possible and I am sure that there will be some small conversation or something where they discuss the ramifications of your actions in W2. Damn. Can't wait for Witcher 3!

The thing is with the Flaming Rose, yes they are going to be invaluable on the field of battle, but theirs is a holy order. Radovid may have to relent to Siegfrieds (or whomevers) wishes and make at least a symbolic gesture of pursuing the members of the lodge, because hunting them is a priority in the eyes of such crusaders. Such vile deeds must be punished and all that righteous hogwash, as Sile would say a lot of these knights will be sporting a chubby at the thought of the pyre.

Personally I agree, it seems much more of a job for a few skilled sharpshooters or assassins, or simply let the superstitious peasantry harry the sorceresses.

I think there are potentially bad things in store for Triss in TW3. Given CDPR's track record with tragic figures, it wouldn't surprise me if they kill her off ( based on our choices). I'll back her up whenever I can though.

The only deserved hunter I can see for Triss is Yennefer, oth out from Lodge, both persecueted by king's followers, and both in love with the same man.... This would be the greast challenge for Geralt!!!

Yennefer is still without her memory, so I do not know whether they would come to blows over Geralt, at least not on first meeting. It may depend on whether Yennefer remembers first that Geralt is her lover, that Geralt slept with Triss, or that Triss is her friend. And it's at least as likely that she would take her fury out on Geralt than on Triss.

It's not canon, but in Something Ends, Something Begins, Yennefer badgers Geralt into confessing that he had slept with Triss. She's not exactly angry, and she and Triss (who is by that time shacked up with Eskel) are back on friendly terms, but she does warn him "Never lie to me, Geralt."

She may be recovering her memory like Geralt is retrieving his. It's up CDPR. :p
Furthermore, Yennefer, following the logic of the facts, will know the romance between Triss and Geralt, and how she took advantage of Geralt's amnesia. First, suggesting to him (TW1) the two of them already knew intimately, second, not talking to him his feelings for Yennefer. I
f Yen, I would think very badly of Triss .... and if Triss... how could I see myself in the mirror after doing such a treason to my best friend, who forgave once? with the same man!?!?!?? Even though she did not remember that Geralt was her lover (ergo she would not remember that Triss is her friend), no woman as passionate as she sit idly after finding out that his supposed best friend has returned to seduce his supposed lover.

You're saying that Yen's met the hunt again (to recover her memories) and has been scrying on Geralt and Triss?

Blothulfur said:
You're saying that Yen's met the hunt again (to recover her memories) and has been scrying on Geralt and Triss?

Geralt had his Mist, why Yennefer has not her particular Mist?This point is entirely up of CDPR...

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw something like we did in TW2 where bounty hunters would interrupt Geralt. If you don't save Triss then both she and Geralt, as a witcher, are targets of the witch hunt. Then again, the indications are that Geralt will be heading into Nilfgaard, so the witch hunt might not have much of an impact since the witch hunts are going on in the North. Then again, there are Nilfgaardian bounty hunters after Geralt in TW2, so it wouldn't be a stretch.

The mist on the battlefield in chapter 2, didn't that just speed up his memories recovery process? Still good point we've no idea what she's gone through in Nilfgaard, and she's not the type of lady to stand idly by.

Given that all the possible outcomes of TW2 point Geralt and Co. towards Nilfgaard, and that it will probably be a shorter trip than Geralt was planning on now that Nilfgaard is marching north, I would not be surprised if TW3 opens with Geralt, Triss and the ally of your choosing being captured by the Nilfgaardians.

It would probably be the safest place for Geralt and Triss if the pogroms are still ongoing at that point, but quite a bit more problematic for either Iorveth or Roche, assuming they are still in Geralt's party at that point.

gab961111 said:
Thats why i chose to save Triss. It also avoids the witch genocide in Loc Muine
I have to say that keeping Tameria together is more important than saving triss and aside from that I cant see CDPR killing off a very important character in the series. Also no matter what you do she still lives in the end of TW2. So i guess time will tell what happens in TW3.

Iorvethizbada55 said:
I have to say that keeping Tameria together is more important than saving triss and aside from that I cant see CDPR killing off a very important character in the series. Also no matter what you do she still lives in the end of TW2. So i guess time will tell what happens in TW3.

To whom is keeping Temeria together more important? Maybe to a patriot like Thaler or Roche or Natalis, but to Geralt?

Geralt isn't a player character who can be conformed to your world view, and though he may be a relic attached to the old way of life in the North, that doesn't mean he'll stand up for any of the kingdoms that have persecuted him and repeatedly put him in danger only to cheat him for his wages.

Since when does Geralt care whether his friends are “liabilities” or not ;p ? I mean Dandelion got himself and thus Geralt into some deep trouble more than once and yet the witcher still puts up with him.

GuyN said:
Geralt isn't a player character who can be conformed to your world view, [...]
Weeeell, that is only correct to an extent. You are given some pretty diverse choices that wouldn’t fit under a single, consistent world view. Only where the main-main plot is concerned his options are limited by the devs in a way that tries to stay true to the character.

Top Bottom