Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this interview one of the devs brings up the Triss content about 2 minutes in.
http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/329274/Witcher+3+expansions+"almost+size+of+Witcher+2"/

Apparently the expansion packs are going to add a "Witcher 2" amount of content. About 30 hours total. Sounds goooood to me.

I wouldn't call what happened here "small disappoints" with more than 60% of the people who played the game feeling disappointed about it, but sure... I'll bite until we see the fixes, also, him referring to her content as "gut a box" means they're admitting rushing it and not doing it as correctly as it should've been done "due to the size of the game", I wouldn't either say it's some small stuff that requires polishing, but... hope remains... I hope.

Sorry for the negativity, it just bothers me that her content was the "gut a box" content.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call what happened here "small disappoints" with more than 60% of the people who played the game feeling disappointed about it, but sure... I'll bite until we see the fixes, also, him referring to her content as "gut a box" means they're admitting rushing it and not doing it as correctly as it should've been done "due to the size of the game", I wouldn't either say it's some small stuff that requires polishing, but... hope remains... I hope.

I honestly think the fact alone that they mentioned it in a interview is a big deal, if it was just some really minor thing they probably wouldn't have mentioned it at all. So my hopes are pretty high.

I honestly think the fact alone that they mentioned it in a interview is a big deal, if it was just some really minor thing they probably wouldn't have mentioned it at all. So my hopes are pretty high.

This is what I was thinking. I didn't really expect them to mention it. To me this would appear they are taking the issue seriously.
Ciri-ously

I like this one :)

Totally agree! Let's try to be optimistic! For Triss!

I agree, but if you take a look at the previous thread you'll see how far the disappointments go, at this point those of us who experienced that no longer plays the game and just waiting, not trying to rush them or anything, but mainly by saying that and calling it "small disappoints" make it sounds like only a few people had problems with it when in fact most of who played the previous games have problems with it.

Hearing a lot of disappoints would've made me feel better, I don't like it when people try to hush, hush that stuff.

---------- Updated at 11:41 PM ----------

This is what I was thinking. I didn't really expect them to mention it. To me this would appear they are taking the issue seriously.
Ciri-ously

I see what you did there, clever.

I agree, but if you take a look at the previous thread you'll see how far the disappointments go, at this point those of us who experienced that no longer plays the game and just waiting, not trying to rush them or anything, but mainly by saying that and calling it "small disappoints" make it sounds like only a few people had problems with it when in fact most of who played the previous games have problems with it.

Hearing a lot of disappoints would've made me feel better, I don't like it when people try to hush, hush that stuff.

---------- Updated at 11:41 PM ----------

I see what you did there, clever.

I agree. I just hope they acknowledge privately that the disappointment is in no way, shape or form, 'small'. Take this serious, please CDPR. Within the context of the three games (screw the books, I don't want another argument over that) Triss is second only to Geralt. She really deserved better in The Witcher 3.

I agree. I just hope they acknowledge privately that the disappointment is in no way, shape or form, 'small'. Take this serious, please CDPR.

A man after my own heart, thank you for seeing reason in my claims and yeah, please CDPR, read the notes and aim for equality, it's all we ever asked for.

Fair but that doesn't mean we should let up about it nor that we shouldn't help by bringing up inconsistencies and ideas on how to fix them. He said himself they're looking at ideas and they won't come up with everything possible themselves so a little help won't harm.

Because I know in 8 months from now if I go to her house and find the rose of remembrance all dried up or not find her there trying to retrieve it where we can have a more romantic reunion, I'm gonna ALT+F4 and I'm gonna come back here.

I agree. I just hope they acknowledge privately that the disappointment is in no way, shape or form, 'small'. Take this serious, please CDPR. Within the context of the three games (screw the books, I don't want another argument over that) Triss is second only to Geralt. She really deserved better in The Witcher 3.

You said it: privately. The interview starts talking about how good the game is, we can't expect him to say that there have been big disappointments with the story. That would have been out of place. Come on, just the fact that he said something about the issue means a lot.

Last edited:
There's no reason to be optimistic either. The statement they released was so vague it leaves room only for apathy. When I know more I'll be in a position to commit either way.

Yeah, closing the previous thread to stop it from getting bigger and not giving us straight answers about their true intentions or how much they're going to invest in fixing it bothered me a lot.

Sorry for the negativity, it just bothers me that her content was the "gut a box" content.

Well at least he talked about the Triss content first, which means that it is one of the biggest complaints with the game, yet used the term 'small polishes', so i am not sure whether to be optimistic or a bit negative about it.....but i think we all have hope they will surprise us

You said it: privately. The interview starts talking about how good the game is, we can't expect him to say that there have been big disappointments with the story. That would have been out of place. Come on, just the fact he said something about the issue means a lot.

Or it could mean that they managed to keep us quiet with their responses and we wait for fixes that has nothing to do with what we asked for or that doesn't fix all the inconsistencies and plot holes, in 8 months from now, it will be too late to ask them to fix it.

---------- Updated at 12:07 AM ----------

Well at least he talked about the Triss content first, which means that it is one of the biggest complaints with the game, yet used the term 'small polishes', so i am not sure whether to be optimistic or a bit negative about it.....but i think we all have hope they will surprise us

I know one thing for sure, you guys need to work, all of us do to make this thread better, stronger and bigger than the previous one, so on the events of us landing, we'll land on our feet and we don't have to start fresh after 8 months from now, what's bothering me is that people stopped sharing their ideas as much as they used to and stopped pointing out the inconsistencies as much as they used to... though I respect CDPR, I hate human trafficking control when it comes to that stuff because it never ends well.

To be fair to CDPR. I doubt this forum is reflective of everyone who had purchased the game. TW3 sold millions of copies. I doubt over 60% are here in this Triss thread. So it may be that we are simply a vocal minority on the Triss content. If so, it means a great deal that they are even considering us enough to look over their game and see what they can do. I'm not saying be totally positive and expect every demand catered to. For all we know they may simply make a few simple adjustments. But I see no reason to be all doom and gloom over it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom