Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. Looks different to me. The ponytail is far more pronounced in the W2 version.

That's just because of the engine, most likely.

Anyway, here's a question regarding Triss. Ginger or Auburn? (and yes I know she's Chestnut in the books)

Personally I prefer the latter.

O.K., I just finished a playthrough of The Witcher 2. Here's how I played which will give you an idea of my choices:

+ I agreed to help Roche find the Kingslayer.
+ During my escape I released the La Valettes.
+ A short time after arriving in Flotsam Geralt gave Triss a Rose of remembrance.
+ They made love.
+ Geralt then agreed to walk away from the whole thing to be with Triss.
+ Triss offered to search for Yennefer with him.
+ Geralt agreed and, in a round about way, told Triss he loved her.
+ Triss was then kidnapped and from that moment onwards Geralt's only concern was finding Triss.
+ He worked with Iorveth who he felt could help him find her.
+ He searched Vergen and surrounding areas only to become convinced she was on the other side of the mist.
+ Geralt crossed a Wraith infested Mist with only one thing on his mind - finding Triss.
+ Geralt found she'd been turned in to a Statuette and been taken to Loc Muinne.
+ He lifted the curse and helped Saskia but whilst he espoused her ideals, she was a means to an end (find Triss).
+ Geralt followed Triss to Loc Muinne and there he split up from Iorveth, agreeing to search for Phillipa.
+ Whilst Iorveth wanted to find Phillipa to lift the spell from Saskia, Geralt needed her to find Triss.
+ Geralt found her in the dungeons, but refused to release her for fear it would put Triss in danger.
+ Geralt hacked his way through a Nilfgaardian camp to find Tirss chained to a wall.
+ Geralt freed Triss and asked her about the lodge.
+ Geralt believed her. He then told her he'd travelled half the world to find and free her.
+ He killed the Dragon and let Letho go and set off with Triss to find Yennefer.

At no point whatsoever in my playthrough did he agree to end their relationship. At no point whatsoever in my playthrough did they agree to go their separate ways and at no point whatsoever in my playthrough did Triss betray him. So why the bloody hell does The Witcher 3 completely contradict my playthrough when it comes to my existing relationship with Triss?

I start my The Witcher 3 playthrough, set six months after the events of The Witcher 2.

I set out from Loc Muinne six months ago with Triss and suddenly I'm with Vesemir. No explanation is given as to why.

I told Triss I wanted to be with her and gave her a Rose of remembrance as a symbol of my love for her, travel half a continent to find and rescue her only to find out we're no longer in a relationship. No explanation is given as to why.

Dandelion recites the tale through the narration of the second game, speaking of Geralt and Triss' love several times so why does everyone on the bloody planet think I'm still in a relationship with Yennefer?

I started this playthrough because I had begun to doubt myself, thinking perhaps I must have missed something. After all, I had only played the original version, not the Enhanced Edition (which I've just completed - and by the way CDPR, that's now two copies of that game I own). Honest to god I feel utterly infuriated after playing that game and seeing how all the choices I made, my decisions, my concerns, my priorities and my choices all be ignored without even the slightest explanation as to why. Where in the blazes does Vesemir come from? He was either on the path or at Kaer Morhen, the former making the chances of finding him remote, the latter being simply too far away to reach and then travel back to Nilfgaard, through war torn Tameria to pick up Yennefer's trail and follow it back North again. Sure you might try to argue Triss could open a portal but to what end? We agreed to go together and we needed to go South, not North.

Having played The Witcher 2, I had thought the story line of The Witcher 3 would make more sense but amazingly enough, it makes even less sense. It reduces the first few hours of the plot to complete and utter bollocks. Why do I get the opportunity to decide whether or not Aryan La Valette lives or dies, whether or not Síle de Tansarville lives or dies or whether Letho lives or dies yet I cannot decide whether or not I romanced Triss.

As a result, the game is fundamentally flawed in its current state. You did a marvellous job with combat, the game engine, the audio, the acting is of an extremely high calibre as is the quest system and, by and large, the story telling for all the side quests but the main quest is completely broken all because you didn't allow us to choose whether or not we'd previously romanced Triss; and while I'm on a rant, the ending is nonsensical as well. Having spent the entirety of the game trying to save Ciri from the Wild Hunt, she then buggers off to kill a snowstorm. I'd laugh if it wasn't so tragic.

Totally agree with you! My Geralt would never break up with Triss. Only explanation I feel is that Triss broke up with me. I just want RED to explain it! Really though, i wish they would change it to us being together. :)

#MoreTriss #TeamTriss

Time for a break from inconsistencies, so here's some Witcher 2 Triss taking an interest in local culture:

I'd forgotten that when you arm wrestle someone she walks over to watch.

Oh, I loved these moments in TW2 so much. :) So many memories. Thanks for the pic!

Anyway, here's a question regarding Triss. Ginger or Auburn? (and yes I know she's Chestnut in the books)

Personally I prefer the latter.

I prefer auburn as well.

-----------
Here's a pic - I like the way she looks at Geralt.

Totally agree with you! My Geralt would never break up with Triss. Only explanation I feel is that Triss broke up with me. I just want RED to explain it! Really though, i wish they would change it to us being together. :)

#MoreTriss #TeamTriss

Yeah, without starting the whole debate again, here's the perplexing thing. We never see, or at least I haven't in any playthrough, Aryan La Valette. Síle de Tansarville dies in an Oxenfurt prison. Roche helps regardless of whether Geralt betrays him or not. Letho is only there for the Battle of Kaer Morhen and nothing else. So what's the point of these questions The one meaningful question - are you still romantically involved with Triss Merigold? - is never asked. You're asked a bunch of pointless questions whilst ignoring the Elephant in the room.

#MoreTriss #TeamTriss

Cd red often merge import paths. Geralt can break up with shank between tw1 & 2 taking up with Triss regardless etc. so I can very much accept the notion that Geralt broke up with Triss between games due to confused state of mind due his restored memories. Not that I wouldn't have liked the default state to be for them to be together but I've accepted it as the novigrad re ignition of the romance is handled very well.

So guys - I gave in and bought my new laptop early, i will be able to finally play Witcher 3 on Ultra (60 fps :p) next week.

Question -- Should I wait till Triss fixes before I play for the 3rd time ---- )Could be impossible for me to wait depeding on how long fixes take, esp if we have no news)
-- Should I play ASAP and choose Yen - not romance Triss again until fixes are implemented
-- Or Should I just play and romance Triss again even without fixes.

This will be my 3rd playthrough - 1st one I chose Triss
- 2nd one I chose Yen --------------- It was soooooooooo hard to let Triss go.

and had to play on low settings and just about got 30fps ---- Can't wait to see it on Ultra at 60

Yeah, without starting the whole debate again, here's the perplexing thing. We never see, or at least I haven't in any playthrough, Aryan La Valette. ....

Aryan choice affects dialogue with his mother I believe.

---------- Updated at 10:40 PM ----------

So guys - I gave in and bought my new laptop early, i will be able to finally play Witcher 3 on Ultra (60 fps :p) next week.

Question -- Should I wait till Triss fixes before I play for the 3rd time ---- )Could be impossible for me to wait depeding on how long fixes take, esp if we have no news)
-- Should I play ASAP and choose Yen - not romance Triss again until fixes are implemented

and had to play on low settings and just about got 30fps ---- Can't wait to see it on Ultra at 60

Romance Triss of course.

Aryan choice affects dialogue with his mother I believe.

In an insignificant way. If he's dead, she won't be at the races but you still meet with Molly and still get the information.

---------- Updated at 10:41 PM ----------

Romance Yen so you have perspective on this issue.

This, it's exactly what I'm doing now. I'm just trying to space out the content with Triss, perhaps even do some missions in Skellige in between Triss content.

Make the gap less traumatic.

Triss fo' lyf.

This, it's exactly what I'm doing now. I'm just trying to space out the content with Triss, perhaps even do some missions in Skellige in between Triss content.

Make the gap less traumatic.

Triss fo' lyf.

U might be right ------ also, I have never found Triss's earings, I didnt even explore Geralts old KM room.

So I still have a brand new short Triss scene that I have never seen.

Not to mention all the DLC and changes that patches have made to the game overall.

Yeah Im super excited now lol.

Btw I'm in UK too :thumbup: Birmingham wbu?

U might be right ------ also, I have never found Triss's earings, I didnt even explore Geralts old KM room.

Not to mention all the DLC and changes that patches have made to the game overall.

The earrings are outside on the left side of Kaer Morhen, behind a clothes line you'll find the bed, use the witcher senses in order for them to appear and taking them. The scene is really good because I think it goes back to the first Witcher game.

and

---------- Updated at 10:56 PM ----------

The earrings are outside on the left side of Kaer Morhen, behind a clothes line you'll find the bed, use the witcher senses in order for them to appear and taking them. The scene is really good because I think it goes back to the first Witcher game.

But you have to unlock Act 2 to get them.

I actually have TW3 up now but I find myself disinterested in playing it. I just can't bring myself to romance Triss and then spend the majority of the game being ignored by her. CDPR need to fix the pacing with more content before I'll play again, I think. Might go back to TW2. At least there people know who my Geralt's in love with.

Last edited:
"And" what???

Read it again. I know it's late but try your best :p

Hope you took that as a joke. I had to post the first quote then quote the second quote for the thread to update and show both to put my answer in context because I was answering your question by following on from another.

Last edited:
But you have to unlock Act 2 to get them.

Well...yeah, you'll have to get to Kaer Morhen first, because there's where Triss lost her earring and thanks to yen Geralt could find it and give it back to Triss when you talk to her at The Chamaleon. It reminds me of first sex scene from the Witcher 1 because you can see the bed.

Well...yeah, you'll have to get to Kaer Morhen first, because there's where Triss lost her earring and thanks to yen Geralt could find it and give it back to Triss when you talk to her at The Chamaleon. It reminds me of first sex scene from the Witcher 1 because you can see the bed.

Yeah, what I meant was don't use the console to go there because you won't find them. They're linked to a quest not a location. Sorry I didn't make that clearer :)

I totally missed out on the earrings as well, and never saw the bed either. Something to look forward to, I guess.

On a similar topic, can you actually access Geralt or Triss' old bedroom in Kaer Morhen? I was expecting that, when I returned to the fortress with Ciri, Triss would be moved in and have her own little place set aside. This would have been a great opportunity to have a little catch up time with her, maybe include some of her personal effects that you could click on. As it stands, Triss just kind of vanishes after your arrival.

I totally missed out on the earrings as well, and never saw the bed either. Something to look forward to, I guess.

On a similar topic, can you actually access Geralt or Triss' old bedroom in Kaer Morhen? I was expecting that, when I returned to the fortress with Ciri, Triss would be moved in and have her own little place set aside. This would have been a great opportunity to have a little catch up time with her, maybe include some of her personal effects that you could click on. As it stands, Triss just kind of vanishes after your arrival.

Yes, in a manner of speaking. The only room you can access that I've found is the one from the dream/tutorial which I presume was Geralt's and Triss but is now Yennefer's since Triss is mysteriously missing. No other rooms I've found are accessible. Hopefully if/when they expand Act 2 to include Triss when she was supposed to be at Kaer Morhen, they'll have their own room. After a trip through that portal I don't fancy asking if I can borrow Yennefer's bed :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom