Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was annoyed when in Dragon Age Inquisition I was limited with 250 saves on PC it's too small for me.
In TW3 I can replay any scene with Triss whenever I like.
Ha, wow.

This is actually one of my only gripes with this game, and I don't think CDPR is going to bother patching it. 8 save slots just doesn't cut it in these kinds of games.

Fox Triss wishes everyone a good night:)

Last edited:
Ha, wow.

This is actually one of my only gripes with this game, and I don't think CDPR is going to bother patching it. 8 save slots just doesn't cut it in these kinds of games.
It would be torture for me to play with only 8 savefiles. And I think I would spend them all on Triss. ;)

The amount of backup saves I have is atrocious. I save and quick-save all the damn time, I think I could replay the entire game from any point it's that bad. :p

Maybe it's because I played the game on easy for a lot of it (yes I admit it, I'm sorry) so I didn't feel the need to quick-save all the time :/

I'll play on a harder difficulty on my next playthrough when they fix Triss content.

@TrissMasterRace
@0nakita

Come on guys really :facepalm:

I played on normal 1st time - Triss romance
2nd time Death March - (2nd hardest one I think) - Yen romance

and 3rd time I will play on the hardest difficulty.

I honestly think anything below deathmarch is waaaay to easy - you don't even need alchemy on lower difficulties.

IMO to experience the game and all the tactics it has to be at least on the 2nd hardest difficulty ----- this also makes enemies an actual threat so you feel the sense of danger being a witcher actually has.

:p

I usualy play on easy, because for me important is a story, not a gameplay difficulty.

I played TW3 on easy because it was my first witcher game, TW1 on easy because the combat was bad, and tomorrow I will start my first TW2 playthrough on dark mode, but I don't really use alchemy so I may have to adjust :O

I played TW3 on easy because it was my first witcher game, TW1 on easy because the combat was bad, and tomorrow I will start my first TW2 playthrough on dark mode, but I don't really use alchemy so I may have to adjust :O

Dude TW2 is the hardest one out of all of them, I played on the 2nd hardest difficulty and had to save a lot lol

Dude TW2 is the hardest one out of all of them, I played on the 2nd hardest difficulty and had to save a lot lol

Witcher 2 on dark was difficult at the start but got hell of a lot easier as you progressed, by the time i have to rescue Triss, killing those Nilfgaardians was easy......and the Witcher 3 was imo easier even on death march....

Isn't the second hardest "dark"? Or just "hard"?

idk I never really explored alchemy, is it just making potions and stuff that give you damage boosts/health boosts etc? Or is it making something specific for a specific type of enemy that you make before you fight it?

I played on normal 1st time - Triss romance
2nd time Death March - (2nd hardest one I think) - Yen romance

and 3rd time I will play on the hardest difficulty.

I honestly think anything below deathmarch is waaaay to easy - you don't even need alchemy on lower difficulties.

IMO to experience the game and all the tactics it has to be at least on the 2nd hardest difficulty ----- this also makes enemies an actual threat so you feel the sense of danger being a witcher actually has.

Dude............................easy was actually challenging for me up until I got to a high level late in the game...

I'm sorry I'm not as pro as you :(

Like I said above I never did any kind of alchemy, I just swung my sword, occasional yrden sign and ate food to restore vitality. Also meditating every time I finish with an enemy :D

Last edited:

Bahaha, Igni builds on TW2 and Hierophant sign just made the TW2 Dark a joke of a difficulty. I think the series as a whole tends to have a pretty rough start which is countered by a relatively easy late game sadly.

Isn't the second hardest "dark"? Or just "hard"?

idk I never really explored alchemy, is it just making potions and stuff that give you damage boosts/health boosts etc? Or is it making something specific for a specific type of enemy that you make before you fight it?

Dude............................easy was actually challenging for me up until I got to a high level late in the game...

I'm sorry I'm not as pro as you :(

Witcher games have a learning curve to them, you can't rush fights at all. Infact I always dodge or take a step back after 2-3 sword swings. YES that often! you have to to survive - can't just go in sword swinging with no defense, they aren't hack n slash games.

I wil be honest in W2 I barely used alchemy except swallow potion for health and another one for damage.

In the witcher 3 though there are over 30 different potions I think.
They all do different things e.g. One heals you with every strike you make
One reflects damage you recieve back to enemy.
Some act as posions to specific monster types.

Best thing about alchemy though - the BOMBS!

the Bombs are so useful - there are specific ones that are powerful agaisnt different enemies.

theres fire ones, ice ones, ones that stop magic in a certain, ones that stop enemies transforming ETC ETC.

I wil be honest in W2 I barely used alchemy except swallow potion for health and another one for damage.

Which difficulty did you have for TW2?

Also thanks for TW3 info, I played it through and I don't know about any of the potions (or bombs before Kaer Morhen battle) :D

Which difficulty did you have for TW2?

Also thanks for TW3 info, I played it through and I don't know about any of the potions (or bombs before Kaer Morhen battle) :D

2nd hardest one

Also ALWAYS USE QUEN.

Seriously in witcher 3 I upgrades my Qen so that if formed a sheild around me that heals me every time it is hit until I run out of stamina.

BTW just in case someone says we r off topic ------ TRISSSSSSSSSSSS

Attachments

• triss_turntable_render_by_scratcherpen-d7enzdz.jpg
    triss_turntable_render_by_scratcherpen-d7enzdz.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
So just quickly i wanted to mention....has anyone else noticed that the codex says Triss' eyes are cornflower blue? yet in the game they are hazel, i don't know about you guys but i list that down as either a mistake or CDPR trying to make it book friendly (she has blue eyes in the books).

Also ALWAYS USE QUEN.

Seriously in witcher 3 I upgrades my Qen so that if formed a sheild around me that heals me every time it is hit until I run out of stamina.

Wow...I think I used Quen maybe 4 times in my whole playthrough haha, I didn't upgrade a single sign (except Axii once)

I really need to do another TW3 playthrough after TW2.

---------- Updated at 12:21 AM ----------

So just quickly i wanted to mention....has anyone else noticed that the codex says Triss' eyes are cornflower blue? yet in the game they are hazel, i don't know about you guys but i list that down as either a mistake or CDPR trying to make it book friendly (she has blue eyes in the books).

Hm, well it was probably miscommunication at CDPR - whoever was writing that part just took her eye colour directly from the book - I think it describes Triss' eyes in the book exactly as "cornflower blue".

Hm, well it was probably miscommunication at CDPR - whoever was writing that part just took her eye colour directly from the book - I think it describes Triss' eyes in the book exactly as "cornflower blue".

Yeah it was described in the books as lapis lazuli blue...so blue either way, not that it bothers me too much, for the most part i just ignore the codex or barely read it.

---------- Updated at 11:35 PM ----------

The Triss-Yen waifu wars are petty squabbles fought over the scraps that Queen waifu Keira Metz- the waifu that was promised- the waifu to end all waifus leaves behind.

This may sound ridiculous, but before i came onto this forum, i had not even heard of the word "waifu" i had to google it to learn what it meant, and people here constantly use that word......

Anyway back to what you were saying, hehe Keira is awesome i'll give you that.......in fact more Keira is needed..........but i need more Queen Triss (sorry had to say it).

Yeah it was described in the books as lapis lazuli blue...so blue either way, not that it bothers me too much, for the most part i just ignore the codex or barely read it.

---------- Updated at 11:35 PM ----------

This may sound ridiculous, but before i came onto this forum, i had not even heard of the word "waifu" i had to google it to learn what it meant, and people here constantly use that word......

Anyway back to what you were saying, hehe Keira is awesome i'll give you that.......in fact more Keira is needed..........but i need more Queen Triss (sorry had to say it).

That makes two of us. Not that I understood a word the google explanation was on about, beyond its literal meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom