Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the problem is, after that questline (which is great!) Triss simply disappear, you see Yennefer literally EVERYWHERE, Ciri everywhere (it's ok, it's her story) but Triss (who is Geralt's girl if you chose so) doesn't even talk outside Novigrad.

Yeah first time round i remember the joy of Novigrad, the annoyance at Skellige, the horror of realisation that Triss wasn't at Kaer Morhen as agreed. After that it there were a couple of very nice bits but overall it was threadbare. Even now ensuring i do skellige first the empty black hole that is Kaer morhen depresses me. Really keeping my fingers crossed the fixes can sow the lovely individual bits together into a more satisfactory tapestry.

And she looks great!!!
Yes, she is!

She was too busy with Geralt and fine wine to have an opportunity to get anywhere near any of the 85 desserts so...

"Quest Completed
Guardian of The Waist"

And she looks great!!!

I'm almost certain Triss had a unique body model in TW2 where as in TW3, it's a stock 'curvaceous' model that in no way, shape or form has a 22 inch waist. I've seen a lot of criticism over that on this forum. I can understand stock bodies on minor NPCs but Triss and Yen really should have had their own unique variant. Especially Triss since she's meant to have that famous pinched waist.

I'm almost certain Triss had a unique body model in TW2 where as in TW3, it's a stock 'curvaceous' model that in no way, shape or form has a 22 inch waist. I've seen a lot of criticism over that on this forum. I can understand stock bodies on minor NPCs but Triss and Yen really should have had their own unique variant. Especially Triss since she's meant to have that famous pinched waist.

I can agree with that, Triss should have her own unique variant. Though as for the conversation, I thought of it more as a compliment or a tease from Geralt that she looks great like having a 22 inch waist than actually stating a fact. Still, for me she looks great with the body model and specially her facial design and expressions.

---------- Updated at 08:55 PM ----------

Mine new wallpaper is this today's screenshot.

I've been using this one for my wallpaper but already changed it as I said.

I can agree with that, Triss should have her own unique variant. Though as for the conversation, I thought of it more as a compliment or a tease from Geralt that she looks great like having a 22 inch waist than actually stating a fact. Still, for me she looks great with the body model and specially her facial design and expressions.

Aye, I think it was a bit of both. A compliment and a bit of banter between close friends. Either way it was a great line. Made me laugh out loud when I heard it. This is what's so infuriating with the romance for Triss. The dialogue we do have is exactly what you'd expect of two people in those situations. It's feels natural were other games feel scripted. At times it felt like the two actors where just improvising off each other.

Yeah first time round i remember the joy of Novigrad, the annoyance at Skellige, the horror of realisation that Triss wasn't at Kaer Morhen as agreed. After that it there were a couple of very nice bits but overall it was threadbare. Even now ensuring i do skellige first the empty black hole that is Kaer morhen depresses me. Really keeping my fingers crossed the fixes can sow the lovely individual bits together into a more satisfactory tapestry.

First time around doing Skellige I was not bothered in the slightest except for the few forced lines.

I remember punching the guy who insulted Yennefer upon arriving to the islands and overall enjoying the Yen content a lot. The funny exchanges in the garden, the unicorn stuff, the party and especially the last wish. I remember going to bed after finishing it, with the two of them sitting on the boat and looking over the horizon after confirming their love for each other. I had a smile on my face and was feeling good about the world.

I realized the next day I had to break it up with her or bad things were going to happen so I reloaded and made the asshole choice.

Until that point everything was great, I had enjoyed both their questlines and I really liked both characters, just liked Triss more so I decided to postpone romancing Yen till my second playthrough.

It was after that moment that stuff started to go wrong, KM bothered me some, second KM bothered me even more (in the romance stuff, the battle itself was great) and by the time I was doing the sunstone quest I was positively annoyed and frustrated.

Ironically, had the Triss content been on equal footing with the Yen content and had the later been a little more open as to how we interact dialogue-wise with the raven haired sorceress, I would have enjoyed both paths equally.

So, in essence, the lack of Triss content and the forcing into the other one against our choices, robbed me not only of my enjoyment of romancing Triss, but ruined the experience with Yennefer as well. So I could not appreciate either to the fullest :(

The first because of the lack of interactions and the second because I was too annoyed to relish in it.

Speaking of lack of Triss content and how it bothered us, I can't even begin to imagine how the book lovers of old would have felt with NO Yennefer at all in two games and even having Triss stealing Yennefer lines in W1.

It does bring some perspective, I mean, if I felt annoyed at Yen for taking over some space in which I would have preferred Triss to be there, having her replace Yennefer completely in the first two games, to the people who wanted nothing more than to experience the relationship G&Y had in the books, would have made them hate Triss with a burning passion.

Speaking of lack of Triss content and how it bothered us, I can't even begin to imagine how the book lovers of old would have felt with NO Yennefer at all in two games and even having Triss stealing Yennefer lines in W1.

Oh God.Don't remind me about Trissefer.Every conversation with her in TW1 felt like I was watching a horror movie.And not a good one.

First time around doing Skellige I was not bothered in the slightest except for the few forced lines.

I remember punching the guy who insulted Yennefer upon arriving to the islands and overall enjoying the Yen content a lot. The funny exchanges in the garden, the unicorn stuff, the party and especially the last wish. I remember going to bed after finishing it, with the two of them sitting on the boat and looking over the horizon after confirming their love for each other. I had a smile on my face and was feeling good about the world.

I realized the next day I had to break it up with her or bad things were going to happen so I reloaded and made the asshole choice.

Until that point everything was great, I had enjoyed both their questlines and I really liked both characters, just liked Triss more so I decided to postpone romancing Yen till my second playthrough.

It was after that moment that stuff started to go wrong, KM bothered me some, second KM bothered me even more (in the romance stuff, the battle itself was great) and by the time I was doing the sunstone quest I was positively annoyed and frustrated.

Ironically, had the Triss content been on equal footing with the Yen content and had the later been a little more open as to how we interact dialogue-wise with the raven haired sorceress, I would have enjoyed both paths equally.

So, in essence, the lack of Triss content and the forcing into the other one against our choices, robbed me not only of my enjoyment of romancing Triss, but ruined the experience with Yennefer as well. So I could not appreciate either to the fullest :(

The first because of the lack of interactions and the second because I was too annoyed to relish in it.

I was definitely bothered by some of the forced flirting in Skellige. I've come to terms with it now working much better pre-Triss love declaration and as being lingering effects of wish trying to pull him and Yen back together. I sort of coped with it with expectation of the reward to come at Kaer Morhen. My Jaw dropped when i realised how epically badly Kaer Morhen was handled from the Triss regard. I still just largely suffer through those sections, which is a shame as it should be this great high and its not for me.

Agree, I definitely originally planned on seeing the alternate path. Sadly the somewhat frustrated feelings bleeding across hasn't left me with any desire to roleplay the alternate path, just seen youtube vids which fuel annoyance more than anything.

I'll be very disappointed if the fixes doesn't include Triss at KM. That is the main thing for me, she needs to be at KM, same goes for Keira, but this a Triss thread so I'll stick to Triss. This is a big hole in the game, especially the events that take place at KM.

What exactly do you mean? Like, after the lighthouse scene and before the battle? Or after the ending? Either way I definitely agree, and you're right - likewise for Keira.

I'll be very disappointed if the fixes doesn't include Triss at KM. That is the main thing for me, she needs to be at KM, same goes for Keira, but this a Triss thread so I'll stick to Triss. This is a big hole in the game, especially the events that take place at KM.

I suggest you to lower your expectaitions,so you won't be disappointed even more.CDPR said that they'd make some tweaks and fixes in the dialogue,but adding Triss at Kaer Morhen is too big of a change.

Yeah i'll definitely be keeping my fingers crossed for some addressing of Kaer Morhen. Though i think its unlikely they'd be able to integrate her into it at this stage.
My ideal at this stage would be a dedicated arrival sequence between UMA & Brothers in arms if romanced.
I'd settle for dialogue choice to reflect the romance at Kaer Morhen & insertion of something in Yen kiss sequence to reflect Triss choice.
I was disappointed by late arrival of others such as Keira too.

I suggest you to lower your expectaitions,so you won't be disappointed even more.CDPR said that they'd make some tweaks and fixes in the dialogue,but adding Triss at Kaer Morhen is too big of a change.
That felt good when you wrote this admit it :D but unfortunately i have to agree with you... if i had to guess i bet they will only fix the Triss RadioStation with her "Well" remix and the npc's knowledge about your relationship with her ;)

So lets just wait for the real content aka expansions and hope for more Triss there ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom