Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't disagree more that people like TW2 because of the romance... at least, none of my friends ever mentioned that. Witcher "profession" sold me the games.

In fact I'd probably enjoy all Witcher games without romances. Couldn't care less about Triss in first game (sided with Shani), was pissed about the forced romance in TW2 (while I enjoyed Triss company in TW2 in contrast to the first game)... I also dislike the way I had to turn Triss down in order to romance Yennefer, the same way you turn down Yen if you say the spell is gone on Last Wish quest).

I couldn't find any dialogues in which romance was avoidable... my focus was on rescuing Ciri. Is there any dialogues that allow you to not make Yennefer or Triss suffer? Maybe I missed them...

Just sided with Yennefer because I think it fits better on the proposed story.

Yeah for me Geralt didn't ever feel any loyalty to Roche's cause but it was a mystery he'd got tangled up in.
When Triss in the Forest suggests they just leave Geralt's quite happy with that notion.
Unfortunately Geralt loses Triss shortly afterwards and suddenly he has to keep going, only this time the primary search is for Triss, whilst the kingslayer is a secondary if interesting concern.(others may very much view rescuing Triss as a secondary concern)
Ends up going off with Iorveth, chasing around madly for Triss and getting ever further bogged down in the politics of the region.
Hence when it comes down to the tempting offers to help Sakia/Anais etc it's quite simple he has to save Triss giving Nilfs a bloody nose is a nice bonus.

I love Geralt's respone :p
Nilfgard general: I am curious, why are you risking your life for the witch ?
Geralt: Let just say we are close

Triss is undoubtedly one of the most important characters in the books and the games, without Triss there wouldn't be the witcher's world. I wouldn't call her the second most important character in the games though. Like many people said, you always had the justified feeling that she is important, being present in all three games most of the time, directly or not.
I don't think her involvement was reduced heavily in TW3 and I don't think that your decisions from previous two games were ignored or had a very little impact if none at all either, I had the feeling that Triss and her beautiful personality and qualities were finally involved and explored even more than in previous two games, but that's only my opinion after all. Based on my own opinion and feelings I disagree with any rant regarding TW3 being less story driven than the other two games from perspective of Triss and her character. I feel like comments of this sort are rather biased and present your personal feelings more than any facts. Please try to be more constructive. You don't get a thing which doesn't exist just because you love it, that's not how it works. You need to learn to appreciate it a bit more and love it for what it is, not for what you'd like it to become. Saying that the success of Witcher games is based just on Triss and her romance is well... complete bullshit. Sorry, I had to say it, I couldn't help myself. I liked how you touch the most important topic though, which is her marketability and then you go ahead and complain about Triss and her character in the games. I think your decisions matter and that Triss progressed a lot in the last game, especially when being compared to TW1 and TW2. What you need to keep in mind is that Triss is CDPR's invention, I have to say that I love it very much, it was fucking awesome to explore her character and personality, mainly because of me having rather underwhelming feelings after reading the books. Therefore I understand that you would kind of expect her to be the 2nd or 3rd most important character,
but how would you reasonably balance it between Geralt, Ciri, Triss and Yen without losing too many potential customers? It's impossible to please everyone. The game has to be about Geralt and Ciri mainly, Triss and Yennefer content should be as equal as possible in order to create a pleasing background for Geralt that has to feel natural. I think everyone should be easily able to find what they seek for in terms of witcher's world and its romance in TW3, it's just up to you if you're going to be ignorant about it or appreciate it and be thankful for what you have. I have to say I'm very happy with how CDPR treated Triss in TW3 in general, it was a glorious experience for me as a fan of Yennefer and Ciri. I think she was definitely portrayed a lot better than in the previous two games. I agree that the main characters could've been involved and explored a lot more, but like I said, this is a very hard thing to do if you don't want to lose too many players. It's all just fan fiction, CDPR's story but most importantly your own story, we have to understand that and accept it. I don't even have the power to talk about TW1, it felt way too forced and contrived in my opinion. Witcher 2 was a bit better, however the game wasn't really about Triss and we don't get to know her that much. I was very disappointed, Roche's and Iorveth's content had a greater depth for me which was worth of exploring, unlike Triss. I was hoping for something more and I got it in TW3, shit, I got way more than I ever expected. TW3 forced me to love Triss and her personality with all of its pros and cons. But then again, TW2 was a pretty short game so I'm still thankful for what I experienced in it, mainly because it felt at least a bit more natural and less compelled than in TW1. With that being said, I absolutely love Triss and her content in TW3 more than anything else in the game, Yennefer and Ciri included. I disliked her in the books, TW1 made it worse and TW2 didn't really convince me. TW3 caused me to love and explore everything about her Triss. Calling her undeveloped and not being involved enough is very ignorant and biased in my honest opinion. I think that Kaer Morhen should be fixed. Triss not being present as a quest and romance option feels sloppy, especially after showing her there in the beggining. Yennefer's and Ciri's relationship needs to be showed instead of being brushed under the carpet. I saw many good ideas.

Last edited:
@Wasaabii28, Agree.

But as I've said once and twice we cannot expect any change in dialogues by CDPR. Maybe, if they think it woths the effort, they rather make a EE after the 2 Expansions if they have time and resources enough.

@Wasaabii28, Agree.

But as I've said once and twice we cannot expect any change in dialogues by CDPR. Maybe, if they think it woths the effort, they rather make a EE after the 2 Expansions if they have time and resources enough.

Yeah this is what most people on this forum need to realize. If we want CDPR to take our suggestions seriously then we should at least give them the courtesy of providing some reasonable ideas instead of all this impracticable bullshit. Sigh.

Last edited:
Damn, did you try to kill my eye :p

Calling her undeveloped and not being involved enough is very ignorant and biased: agree with you, every quest with Triss make me love her even more. For some theory, i think CDPR ran out of time to finish the story in Act 2 and 3, so seem now that the game has reach unexpected success, time for them to "fix" the story :innocent:

And not being involved enough: But..but i want more content with Triss in late game (well Yen and Ciri too :whistle:)

Yeah this is what most people on this forum need to realize. If we want CDPR to take our suggestions seriously then we should at least give them the courtesy of providing some reasonable ideas instead of all this impracticable bullshit. Sigh.

Actually, CDPR has taken our suggestions seriously, they realized that the inconsistencies in Triss romance were true and they will address the issue.

So the reasonable ideas has already been seen by developers.

I disagree. I can't imagine CDP intended that saving Triss is the main goal or even a important goal if they gave us the choice to not save her at all in 2/4 cases.
Clearing his name happens automatically when you find Letho, no matter the choices.
I would say the main goals of the games are to find the Kingslayer and clear his name+ regaining his memory to find out what happened with Yennefer.
Saving Triss is a minor matter and mostly serves as a opportunity to find out about the assassinations.
Didn't you ask yourself why Geralt doesn't really care that much about Triss when he saves her, instead just want's to know how she is involved in the whole mess with the lodge and assassinations?

This thread is impossible to keep up with, so I'm sorry if this is a couple of pages late, but the problem here is that the game gives you the choice. The most impressive thing about The Witcher 2 is that it actually works as a game that gives the player agency not only to choose actions, but also to choose what the character's motivations are. At numerous points in the game, the player is explicitly given the opportunity to state what he believes Geralt's motivation is in response to other characters asking him point-blank for his reasoning. The game very consistently gives you the opportunity to say "My friend is in danger and I need to help her."

Likewise, if you choose to save Triss from execution, it's again up to the player to choose how Geralt will act in that situation. If you sided with Iorveth in the Elven Ruins, I'd argue that the option to get accusatory with Triss about the assassinations doesn't even make any sense, since you've already 'seen' her megascope confrontation with Philippa.

The Witcher 2 absolutely can be played as a game in which Geralt's primary motivation and objective is to rescue his girl from bad dudes. The game gives you that choice.

Actually, CDPR has taken our suggestions seriously, they realized that the inconsistencies in Triss romance were true and they will address the issue.

So the reasonable ideas has already been seen by developers.

Yeah that was a stupid comment from me, just like most of my comments lol. :D Don't take it too seriously, when I post two sentences I usually don't mean it. I hope they will take fixing Kaer Morhen into consideration just for the sake of Triss.

Need more Triss in thread. ;)

---------- Updated at 04:50 PM ----------

Yeah that was a stupid comment from me, just like most of my comments lol. :D Don't take it too seriously, when I post two sentences I usually don't mean it. I hope they will take fixing Kaer Morhen into consideration just for the sake of Triss and her.
No, You are right, CDPR need to address lack of content not only to Triss romanced choices, but also Triss/Yen, and especially Ciri/Yen content, because newcomer who didn't read books can't understand how deep is bond between Ciri and Yen, only Geralt and Ciri.

No, You are right, CDPR need to address lack of content not only to Triss romanced choices, but also Triss/Yen, and especially Ciri/Yen content, because newcomer who didn't read books can't understand how deep is bond between Ciri and Yen, only Geralt and Ciri.

Yeah this is what bothers me. Relationships between Geralt and other characters are usually ok. Interactions between other characters mostly feel sloppy though. I saw a lot of good ideas about Kaer Morhen in both threads so I decided to focus on Final Battle Preparations instead, which was a perfect opportunity for some Ciri, Triss and Yen family time...

I posted this earlier in the morning in Yennefer's thread and people generally liked it, let's see how will #TeamTriss react.

You know what I would appreciate with all my heart?

Imagine "wait until sunrise you ploughing whoreson help Ciri with her business in Novigrad" quest being played from Ciri's perspective, but filled with dialogues and cutscenes.

Imagine the opportunities. Why is only Geralt with her? So that he can help her steal some horses and have a good laugh about it which results in Ciri being less suicidal?

Hell no. Play it from Ciri's POV. Bring Geralt, Triss and Yennefer. Bring your family.

- If you romanced Triss, Geralt goes hand in hand with her, a hug here and a kiss there, Ciri and Yennefer go together right next to them, holding their hands as well. Or they could just all hold their fucking shouders, hell do I know. Dialogues. Many dialogues. Triss and Ciri get their sister time, exchanging a few sisterly words here and there, just jesting around and being very happy together. Ciri and Yen get a lot of mother-daughter time, Yen calling her a little ugly one, Ciri being seemingly angry about it at first, just about to open her mouth and say something, but then she just bursts into laughter and tears as she hugs Yen and says "I love you mother". Triss still feels insecure about her friendship with Yennefer, especially being in a relationship with Geralt, so she goes ahead and talks about it with everyone at first and then with each one of them individually later. Geralt looking lost and stupid as usual in these situations, not knowing what to do or say. She could say something about being sorry for taking an advantage of Geralts silly amnesia etc. Ciri looking sad at first, painfully realizing her mother and father aren't together anymore, but then she just kinda twists her shoulders and smiles about it being all like "don't worry about it sis, I understand". Yennefer looking very angry and cold at first, about to burst into another shitstorm of hers but then she calms down, takes a very deep breath and says some sincere words about friendship and understanding, I don't know, she can say something like "Well, we're all adults after all Triss, and therefore I accept Geralts decision and still consider you a friend. Take a good care of my man, I know he will be happy with you, you will both be happy" - pause, she takes a defeated look at Geralt, eyes full of love and desire, shakes her head to get rid of visions from all these past years in front of her eyes, sighs, looks at Triss and finishes her sentence - "and you both very much deserve it." Triss looking relieved since she was afraid of her reaction. Ciri being left out and sad, then they all cheer her up as they leave together to see some random fucking guy who helped her god knows when.

- If you romanced Yennefer it's similar, Triss and Ciri get a lot of sister time, talking about... uh... things that sisters usually talk about, right? Yen and Geralt just can't get enough of each other, Geralt failing to behave himself as usual, lustfully kissing Yennefer until Ciri can't take it anymore and goes like "oh come on, you two look awfully ridiculous"
(just like in the books when she saw them both naked). Triss feeling insecure afterwards, not being sure if her presence is wanted, to which Yen holds her shoulders, maybe even forehead to forehead, looks her deep in the eyes and without any sense of pride she tells her "You will always be a part of this family, no matter what Triss. Remember that as I shall never forget what you did for Ciri". Yennefer of course spends the same amount of time with Ciri, calling her names and all, enjoying their usual mother-daughter chat. Geralt is with them just laughing, shooting some dad jokes here and there. Triss isn't left out of it at all, her confidence grows stronger as she realizes she is with her family and has no bad blood with Yen at all. They joke and laugh together, leaving to see some random fucking guy who helped Ciri god knows when.

You understand my idea guys? I just want our heroes to get some closure and spend some quality family time, everyone finally finding understanding with each other. It doesn't matter why did who fuck who and when but that they're all one big happy family and Ciri isn't suicidal since she's happy, very happy. She's happy with Triss, Geralt and Yennefer. Family.

Happy beautiful ugly one.

How would #TeamTriss feel about Yen giving Geralt a bit longer hug than comfortable, then kissing him on his cheek and quickly turning away as she is wiping a tear from her eye? This happens after Yen tells Triss to take a good care of her man if Geralt romanced Triss.

I wouldn't mind Ciri noticing her tears either and being genuinely shocked about it, realizing how deeply Yennefer loves Geralt, as nothing is more pathetic than a sorceress in tears. I just wanted to write this in the end because I like my head where it is - on my shoulders.

Last edited:
Hell no. Play it from Ciri's POV. Bring Geralt, Triss and Yennefer. Bring your family.
YEAH!!!!:faith::pride2::readytofight::geraltfeelgood:
How would #TeamTriss feel about Yen giving Geralt a bit longer hug than comfortable, then kissing him on his cheek and quickly turning away as she is wiping a tear from her eye? This happens after Yen tells Triss to take a good care of her man if Geralt romanced Triss.
I would love to see this scene. It's so touching. :wondering:

- If you romanced Triss ......
- If you romanced Yennefer it's similar.......
I'm here with You for this idea!:threaten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom