Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this is what bothers me. Relationships between Geralt and other characters are usually ok. Interactions between other characters mostly feel sloppy though. I saw a lot of good ideas about Kaer Morhen in both threads so I decided to focus on Final Battle Preparations instead, which was a perfect opportunity for some Ciri, Triss and Yen family time...

I posted this earlier in the morning in Yennefer's thread and people generally liked it, let's see how will #TeamTriss react.

You know what I would appreciate with all my heart?

Imagine "wait until sunrise you ploughing whoreson help Ciri with her business in Novigrad" quest being played from Ciri's perspective, but filled with dialogues and cutscenes.

Imagine the opportunities. Why is only Geralt with her? So that he can help her steal some horses and have a good laugh about it which results in Ciri being less suicidal?

Hell no. Play it from Ciri's POV. Bring Geralt, Triss and Yennefer. Bring your family.

How would #TeamTriss feel about Yen giving Geralt a bit longer hug than comfortable, then kissing him on his cheek and quickly turning away as she is wiping a tear from her eye? This happens after Yen tells Triss to take a good care of her man if Geralt romanced Triss.

I wouldn't mind Ciri noticing her tears either and being genuinely shocked about it, realizing how deeply Yennefer loves Geralt, as nothing is more pathetic than a sorceress in tears. I just wanted to write this in the end because I like my head where it is - on my shoulders.

I liked the idea. I can understand why they'd be nervous with creating that sense of dissonance about who the player is in control of in this manner though.

I'd have no issues with the notion you present of a tearful Yen hugging Geralt & wishing best.(the cynic in me might not see the characters being in place to make such a declaration even if the romantic in me likes it)
Though i think that sort of closure is to be offered it should be for both as both women clearly love Geralt no matter his choice.

I liked the idea. I can understand why they'd be nervous with creating that sense of dissonance about who the player is in control of in this manner though.

I'd have no issues with the notion you present of a tearful Yen hugging Geralt & wishing best.(the cynic in me might not see the characters being in place to make such a declaration even if the romantic in me likes it)
Though i think that sort of closure is to be offered it should be for both as both women clearly love Geralt no matter his choice.

It's just a general idea of what could possibly be happening between them so players get to understand their characters.

No Eskel!

---------- Updated at 05:16 PM ----------

Eskel is crying.
Finally :comeatmebro:
:faith::pride2::readytofight::geraltfeelgood::surprised2::surprised::incredulity::confusion::nice::exasperation:

One big family, now all we need is the town where all of them lives ;)

This thread is impossible to keep up with, so I'm sorry if this is a couple of pages late, but the problem here is that the game gives you the choice. The most impressive thing about The Witcher 2 is that it actually works as a game that gives the player agency not only to choose actions, but also to choose what the character's motivations are. At numerous points in the game, the player is explicitly given the opportunity to state what he believes Geralt's motivation is in response to other characters asking him point-blank for his reasoning. The game very consistently gives you the opportunity to say "My friend is in danger and I need to help her."

Likewise, if you choose to save Triss from execution, it's again up to the player to choose how Geralt will act in that situation. If you sided with Iorveth in the Elven Ruins, I'd argue that the option to get accusatory with Triss about the assassinations doesn't even make any sense, since you've already 'seen' her megascope confrontation with Philippa.

The Witcher 2 absolutely can be played as a game in which Geralt's primary motivation and objective is to rescue his girl from bad dudes. The game gives you that choice.

Very well said, I haven't played TW2 yet (well I just started with the prologue today), but I get the general idea and sides of the argument - it's up to the player to decide some of Geralt's personality traits themselves - from what I've seen so far of TW2 and TW3, the player can decide through dialogue for example whether Geralt is a more trusting character that is willing to tell other people his motivations, or whether to be more cautious and only tell people what's necessary.

Side note, like I said I only just started TW2 but I know about the Iorveth-Roche choice, I'm never going to be able to decide which one :lol:

Very well said, I haven't played TW2 yet (well I just started with the prologue today), but I get the general idea and sides of the argument - it's up to the player to decide some of Geralt's personality traits themselves - from what I've seen so far of TW2 and TW3, the player can decide through dialogue for example whether Geralt is a more trusting character that is willing to tell other people his motivations, or whether to be more cautious and only tell people what's necessary.

Side note, like I said I only just started TW2 but I know about the Iorveth-Roche choice, I'm never going to be able to decide which one :lol:

Roche path, i mean Geralt owe Roche for get him out of prison ;) (want to write one more line but that gonna mean spoiler...)

Roche path, i mean Geralt owe Roche for get him out of prison (want to write one more line but that gonna mean spoiler...)

I haven't even got that far yet hahaha (out of prison)

I know all the plot points so there are no real spoilers for me, I just don't know it in detail.

#TeamBroche

Apparently a lot changes depending on who you pick, so I might do two playthroughts (first with Roche second with Iorveth) if that's true.

Last edited:
Some opinion about Triss slide from TrystwithTriss

So many reasons to love this picture (IMO):
1. Judging by the look on her face she is berating him for coming home with jet another injury :D
2. Afterwards she’s almost certainly kissing it better, because despite it all she loves this old stupid toad *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink* …
3. His possessive hand on her hip is just so awwwwww *__*
4. I love her nightgown :)
I would have loved it if they made a small cutscene of this instead of just the picture ;D

Good night everyone ;)

Cut scenes for all endings/romance options would have been nice. Sadly though, they felt a slide was sufficient for all of the hours invested. Why would we the gamers deserve more than a slide from such an epic game? The "ending" was probably the biggest let down for me. Great game over all though!!

Always remember this: you guys are the only ones who choose the main characters in the game not the other way around...

And please stop with the #TeamBroche thing because its painfull to read in my native language :D in portuguese you are basically saying that you are
#TeamBl*wjob :(

The kiss.

The moment when they were holding hands is really cute, shame we cant see those little details in-game...
Good job btw ;)

Last edited:
Here's something different:

What do you guys think about Triss' mercy? Is Triss the sort of person to kill people just for being an enemy, or is she the sort of person that wants to minimise death and not kill unnecessarily?

Here's something different:

What do you guys think about Triss' mercy? Is Triss the sort of person to kill people just for being an enemy, or is she the sort of person that wants to minimise death and not kill unnecessarily?
She is willing to let the spy who is partly responsible for mage genocide live, so I'd wager she would be willing to forgive almost anyone who begs for their life hard enough.

she kills only if she has no choice

She is willing to let the spy who is partly responsible for mage genocide live, so I'd wager she would be willing to forgive almost anyone who begs for their life hard enough.

That's what I was thinking, I accidentally told her to kill the spy because it was timed and I didn't think about it properly, she felt horrible afterwards :(

After the torture scene she burn the building in the middle of Novigrad which isn't 100% safe for everyone but I don't blame her :disgust:

I would have done the same. Other witch hunters witnessed Triss and Geralt walking inside, afterwards, Menge is dead and they escape. If they didn't burn it down, Radovid would have went after them.

Was I really the only one who didn't buy it?
I don't think she was pretending to be upset about killing him... I mean Geralt is the one who tells her to do it, so why would she have to lie about it? Triss is just a genuinely soft-hearted person, I don't think killing a defenseless man, like the spy, is her thing.

Impaling Wild Hunt elves with flying fire swords is cool tho. And awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom