Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehh... but the reaction is the same with or without romancing Triss so as it is it's an inconsistency.
If he romanced Yen his look would have been different.

What does that matter? If Yen's his partner, Triss is his Ex and he's uncomfortable at how this may hurt her. If Triss is his partner, Yen is his Ex and he's uncomfortable at what Triss might think. Either way, he's being kissed in front of his Ex and is going to be uncomfortable as a result.

And probably result in a few fireballs being thrown your way lol

Seriously though it's a great piece of writing. It's not important, it's a throw away scene yet it's one that feels perfectly natural given the circumstances. It's one of those 'real life' moments this game does so well.

I don't think it is a great piece of writing. It's majorly inconsistent with Triss romance version as it stands IMO.

What does that matter? If Yen's his partner, Triss is his Ex and he's uncomfortable at how this may hurt her. If Triss is his partner, Yen is his Ex and he's uncomfortable at what Triss might think. Either way, he's being kissed in front of his Ex and is going to be uncomfortable as a result.

Let's agree to disagree then. I don't like it at all.

I disagree. It's just a spontaneous reaction to the moment by Yen. That applies regardless of whom you romance for the reasons I lay out above. It's a very natural reaction given the circumstances.

If you want to argue it is a natural reaction by her so be it. That still leaves Triss reaction as completely unnatural and inconsistent IMO in romanced variant.

I don´t think it should be that way if you romanced Triss.

For example if another woman kissed me in front of my girlfriend, I´d push her away and probably told her that that was inappropriate so if I were in Geralt´s shoes I´d probably push Yen away. It´s not like that was a quick friendly kiss. It was a looong long kiss.

Another example how the game is shoving Yen down our throat, quite literally : D

And if I were in Triss´s place I´d be like "Ehm excuse you?!"

I don´t think it should be that way if you romanced Triss.

For example if another woman kissed me in front of my girlfriend, I´d push her away and probably told her that that was inappropriate so if I were in Geralt´s shoes I´d probably push Yen away. It´s not like that was a quick friendly kiss. It was a looong long kiss.

Another example how the game is shoving Yen down our throat, quite literally : D

And if I were in Triss´s place I´d be like "Ehm excuse you?!"

Yen is not "just another woman" though, she's someone he spent a very long time in love with. Imagine if you break up with someone after twenty years, get together with her friend, bring your daughter home and your ex-wife lays one on you; it's easy for you to say you'd do such and such but the reality is you wouldn't know how you'd react in such an awkward situation until you found yourself in it. Neither is it a passionate kiss, it's a 'thank you' kiss, as would occur between two people romantically involved and whilst you may not be romantically involved, that can quickly be lost in the face of such emotion, especially if you've twenty years of history behind you. In fact it would make absolutely no sense whatsoever for her not to react like that, given the circumstances.

Yen is not "just another woman" though, she's someone he spent a very long time in love with. Imagine if you break up with someone after twenty years, get together with her friend, bring your daughter home and your ex-wife lays one on you; it's easy for you to say you'd do such and such but the reality is you wouldn't know how you'd react in such an awkward situation until you found yourself in it. Neither is it a passionate kiss, it's a 'thank you' kiss, as would occur between two people romantically involved and whilst you may not be romantically involved, that can quickly be lost in the face of such emotion, especially if you've twenty years of history behind you. In fact it would make absolutely no sense whatsoever for her not to react like that, given the circumstances.

I guess you have a pretty good point, also I don't think we can just dismiss it as inconsistent just based off "spouse and ex-spouse drama" we know about in our lives.

Thing is, in my honest opinion I think it should be addressed somewhat on-screen. I see the kiss as something Geralt would probably want to clarify to Triss - to make sure she understands.

Maybe it's not as big of a problem as some people make it out to be, but still I think due to the lack of times we see our choice of Triss reflected in the game, I can't understand why CDPR would not take this opportunity to improve upon this in this area.

Sorry I'm pretty tired so my grammar is awful right now.

Last edited:
Yeah different people would react differently so thats why this scene is the perfect material for additional Triss fixes : )

I guess you have a pretty good point, also I don't think we can just dismiss it as inconsistent just based off "spouse and ex-spouse drama" we know about in our lives.

Thing is, in my honest opinion I think it should be addressed somewhat on-screen. I see the kiss as something Geralt would probably want to clarify to Triss - to make sure she understands.

Maybe it's not as big of a problem as some people make it out to be, but still I think due to the lack of times we see our choice of Triss reflected in the game, I can't understand why CDPR would not take this opportunity to improve upon this in this area.

Sorry I'm pretty tired so my grammar is awful right now.

There's an incredibly easy way to deal with it, really and one that opens up for additional content we've been asking for without creating a lot of work. If you're not involved with Yen, at the end of the kiss she realises what's she's doing and steps away from Geralt awkwardly. Ciri asks what's up, Geralt says "tell you later" and that leads in to a discussion at some point about how you're now with Triss rather than Yen.

NSFW

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-07-25 14-33-45-28.jpg
    witcher3 2015-07-25 14-33-45-28.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 208
  • witcher3 2015-07-25 17-16-03-73.jpg
    witcher3 2015-07-25 17-16-03-73.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 225
Omg ... this image of the eye is wrong. I will not go into details.

There are actions that the Yen makes that he did not expect, such as screaming out of nowhere and say you love, he does not know how to act in this hour, this was another spontaneous action that he did not expect.

---------- Updated at 12:13 AM ----------

Now the people has to invent conspiracy theories.

I AM BACK

Before being placed in a time out with no chance to clarify my actions, I message the dev. A while ago we had a discussion about the posibility of the devs being upset with our suggestions, list, or emails with updates. To clarify I decided to ask our two favorite devs directly.

Here is my message to both along with their replies.

REDDorigen said:
DaWitcher said:
Good Morning REDDorigen,

I was motivated to write this because, some people in the Triss camp think that we are upsetting you guys (Dev) by submitting and asking you to read some of our ideas and suggestions. Many others and I did not get that impression because from previous statements you all have shown that you are very interested in what the fans had to say. Interested even to the point where you enter the forums to browse our discussion and even take the time to response to our messages.

I am not going to be in the forum for the near future and before I leave, I wanted to say that you all did an amazing job with the game and I know that you are dedicated to improving the player’s experience. With the whole Triss content and romance issue, it would be a shame if the Dev think that we are ungrateful for their hard work because that is definitely not the case. We hold CDPR in such high regards when compare to other Devs that we felt it appropriate to voice our concerns.

In the Triss Marigold Forum there is a list on the main OP that make many suggestion but we don’t want you to think that we are asking for everything on that list because, we will never seek to place that kind of burden on CDPR after you give us such a great product. It is meant only as suggestions for the experts (you guys) to looks at and if you see fit take from or decide what you are going to do. If I were to use the games as references, it is obvious that there are some very talented writers in your mist so I know whatever you decide to do with Triss role in the game; it’s going to be great.

With that said, I just wanted to say that Triss romance should have something unique. Something she, Geralt and the player share (Rose of remembrance). The same can be said for Yen romance it have a level of uniqueness (unicorn). The player should not feel like they are playing the same thing only with different character. The rose of Remembrance was unique to Triss and Geralt that is why bringing it back blooming adds a level of uniqueness to that romance path. It may seem silly I know but when we play your games we attach ourselves to the little things and that is a testament of the awesome work you do.

Lastly, I really hope that our messages and suggestions to you are not upsetting in any way because, if they are you can honestly tell us and we will not hold it against you. If we appear ungrateful or annoying, you can tell us that to. We know you are busy people and the fact that you take the time out of your busy schedules to response to silly fans like me says a great deal about your organization and its future.

V/R w/Much Love
DaWitcher

p.s. REDDorigen you were the first Triss fans on the Dev team to pop into our forum and give us some words of wisdom and hope, I can’t tell how important that was because I honestly believe you were the reason our forum exploded and became the largest.

Hi,
First of all, thanks for words of support - I really appreciate it! :)

Secondly, no worries - we're not upset. We understand that everyone has their ideas and they wish to share them. We're observing threads on forums with great interest, I can personally say that I'm focusing more on issues themselves rather than looking for ready solutions - your proposed solutions give me good insight into how you guys think, and what those issues are exactly (both those you can name, and those that are hard to identify).

Cheers!
Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz

Marcin Momot said:
DaWitcher said:
Good Morning Marcin,

I was motivated to write this because, some people in the Triss camp think that we are upsetting you guys (Dev) by submitting and asking you to read some of our ideas and suggestions. Many others and I did not get that impression because from previous statements you all have shown that you are very interested in what the fans had to say. Interested even to the point where you enter the forums to browse our discussion and even take the time to response to our messages.

I am not going to be in the forum for the near future and before I leave, I wanted to say that you all did an amazing job with the game and I know that you are dedicated to improving the player’s experience. With the whole Triss content and romance issue, it would be a shame if the Dev think that we are ungrateful for their hard work because that is definitely not the case. We hold CDPR in such high regards when compare to other Devs that we felt it appropriate to voice our concerns.

In the Triss Marigold Forum there is a list on the main OP that make many suggestion but we don’t want you to think that we are asking for everything on that list because, we will never seek to place that kind of burden on CDPR after you give us such a great product. It is meant only as suggestions for the experts (you guys) to looks at and if you see fit take from or decide what you are going to do. If I were to use the games as references, it is obvious that there are some very talented writers in your mist so I know whatever you decide to do with Triss role in the game; it’s going to be great.

With that said, I just wanted to say that Triss romance should have something unique. Something she, Geralt and the player share (Rose of remembrance). The same can be said for Yen romance it have a level of uniqueness (unicorn). The player should not feel like they are playing the same thing only with different character. The rose of Remembrance was unique to Triss and Geralt that is why bringing it back blooming adds a level of uniqueness to that romance path. It may seem silly I know but when we play your games we attach ourselves to the little things and that is a testament of the awesome work you do.

Lastly, I really hope that our messages and suggestions to you are not upsetting in any way because, if they are you can honestly tell us and we will not hold it against you. If we appear ungrateful or annoying, you can tell us that to. We know you are busy people and the fact that you take the time out of your busy schedules to response to silly fans like me says a great deal about your organization and its future.

V/R
DaWitcher

Thanks for your message DaWitcher,

No worries - we love feedback from the community. It's really important to keep receiving it on constant basis. Thank you for being part of our forums. Patch 1.07 is right around the corner. Even though it won't introduce the Triss changes (these will come in the future), it's going to improve a lot of aspects of the game:)

Cheers,
Marcin

Last edited:
I AM BACK

Before being placed in a time out with no chance to clarify my actions, I message the dev. A while ago we had a discussion about the posibility of the devs being upset with our suggestions, list, or emails with updates. To clarify I decided to ask our two favorite devs directly.

Here is my message to both along with their replies.

Still
Triss Marigold
Seriously :popo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom