Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they knew it before they interrogated Triss.But it doesn't mean than she didn't sell them out.

You know, there is a big difference between "selling someone out" and confessing some names under torture...

We don't know what she said while she was being tortured, it is never stated, even if she did reveal the name of the other members, you have to really have impossible standard to hold that against someone...

And what about this conversation with a mirror lady?

Triss is trying to re-establish her influence with Foltest and the Vizima ruling class. Geralt can help out with this, and the question is would he do it willingly or not? Triss is an ally whether the player romances her or not, so she and Geralt helping each other out seems perfectly natural. There are two things she does not want to tell him: #1 is about the Lodge and its activities, #2 is about Yennefer, since Geralt might run off into the wilderness to look for her if all the memories come back at once. Keeping the Lodge secret from Geralt does not hurt him, until Witcher 2 when he gets caught up in the assassinations. But in the context of Witcher 1 keeping the Lodge secret does not harm Geralt. Meanwhile, Triss is helping Geralt track down Salamandra and Azar Javed, so they are helping each other out as friends/allies should.

Keeping Yen a secret is complicated, since it's mostly a personal matter and no one knows at this point that Yen is alive. I wonder if Assire and Fringilla knew that Yen was in Imperial custody. If they did, they still might keep it secret from Triss because of doubts about Triss's loyalty. I should float that idea in the Lodge thread.

By the way, who do you think was the sorceress in the mirror? I would bet on Keira Metz, since the two of them worked together in Vizima before Thanedd.

And that's definitaly true.Otherwise she would've been in a much worse shape when Geralt saved her.
There wasn't to be a hero for Lodge, all Lodge especially Philippa and Sila got was their own fault, not Triss, I wouldn't suffer for Lodge as Triss.

You know, there is a big difference between "selling someone out" and confessing some names under torture...

We don't know what she said while she was being tortured, it is never stated, even if she did reveal the name of the other members, you have to really have impossible standard to hold that against someone...

The problem is Triss chose the Lodge over her friends in the books.Some of her fans even find her loyalty to the Lodge admirable.But in TW2 she betrayed the Lodge,to which she was SO loyal to.Besides some of the Lodge's members are my favorite characters,so of course i don't like the fact that Triss sold them out.

"Believe me, i've seen those pointless arguments for a couple of months now. It ain't going nowhere. It's pointless.
That's way i humbly suggested to keep on talking about reasonable changes and stay chilled, but nobody listened, and now we have again the books vs games BS."

Lion has a point.

CUT THE TRISS VS YEN CRAP.

There is a thread for that. Go to it.

Locking this thread is as easy as a button press. Makes my life easier, too, so that's a reason to do it.

I realise it's tough to talk about Triss without mentioning Yen or Ciri or Geralt and within limits, that's fine.

But if you're comparing them or contrasting their relationships vis a vis Geralt, then go to the thread for that. I'm now going to move a bunch of posts that I feel should be there, probably making a mess of both discussions.

In the future, deletions and locks are more likely.

Thank you so much for this, I've been watching the thread for the past couple of hours hoping a mod would intervene eventually.

This all started by someone essentially saying that Triss' romance is worth nothing compared to Yenn, that was never going to work out in a Triss thread!

Please can we all just change topic, the last thing I want is for this thread to get locked again as a result of something as silly as this.

@Santusak then start one if you really want, the point is this is not the correct thread, please don't try and argue with the mod, it isn't going to work out.

Oh, arguing with moderation.

So bright.

FIRST.

Regardless of where the threads should be, the Triss vs Yen thread is NOT TO BE HERE. So, yeah.

Second, this WHOLE SUBFORUM is spoiler-alive.

Third, just about to rename that thread, actually.

Fourth, what does arguing with mods get you over here in Witcherland? Anyone know? Anyone care to guess?

It's better to say difference between "selling someone out" and "Reveal true evil to protect innocent." Triss was ready to talk before interrogation begun. She knew, what cost innocent mages would pay if Royalty will start blaming all mages again for crimes, they dont commit.

"Believe me, i've seen those pointless arguments for a couple of months now. It ain't going nowhere. It's pointless.
That's way i humbly suggested to keep on talking about reasonable changes and stay chilled, but nobody listened, and now we have again the books vs games BS."

Lion has a point.

CUT THE TRISS VS YEN CRAP.

There is a thread for that. Go to it.

Locking this thread is as easy as a button press. Makes my life easier, too, so that's a reason to do it.

I realise it's tough to talk about Triss without mentioning Yen or Ciri or Geralt and within limits, that's fine.

But if you're comparing them or contrasting their relationships vis a vis Geralt, then go to the thread for that. I'm now going to move a bunch of posts that I feel should be there, probably making a mess of both discussions.

In the future, deletions and locks are more likely.

Any chance we can get CDPR to hire a ring? Team Triss in one corner, Team Yen in the other and let them fight it out there, Royal Rumble style?

It's better to say difference between "selling someone out" and "Reveal true evil to protect innocent." Triss was ready to talk before interrogation begun. She knew, what cost innocent mages would pay if Royalty will start blaming all mages again for crimes, they dont commit.

Sheala and Philippa were behind the assassination.Other members had nothing to do with it.

Any chance we can get CDPR to hire a ring? Team Triss in one corner, Team Yen in the other and let them fight it out there, Royal Rumble style?

Yes. CDPR tells me all and that's totally in the works. All participants must be nude, though.

BACK ON TOPIC.

Umm.

My reason for liking Triss: she's a redhead and the -only- Mage who's not an asshole.

Yes, she's manipulative, but she's a political advisor. It's the job. Also a human being. She's not an asshole because Things That Matter hurt her, she just says it and she tries to make the world a better place.

She also flat-out treats people pretty well. If Triss was a real person, she is one of the very few Witcher characters I'd be friends with. Actually friends, sit down and watch iZombie, have dinner with, go to the beach with friends.

So, good writing, CDPR. You made a character in a world of assholes who is both believable and not an asshole. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom