Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha, well I play Geralt as a guy who cares only about his closest friends, all others can go to hell, at first I didn't do that but throughout the story of TW2 I just snapped and decided that is the best way to go.

Something about the atmosphere of Witcher 2 put me in a scorched earth kind of mood. Nothing was quite as satisfying as wiping out that entire Nilfgaardian camp. "Want to see and angry witcher?"

I have a question for the people who were introduce to Triss in the The Witcher 3 ONLY (not the books or the TW1/TW2). I'm curious to know why you like Triss so passionately without any past knowledge about her character.
-Is it actual attraction (nothing wrong with that :whistle:)?
-Her looks (red hair and wonderful "assets" all)?
-Her voice (it is quite seductive, I must say:smiling:)?
-Was it how she was represented in the "Sword of Destiny" trailer?
-Her personality towards Geralt (I can't really say everyone because she hardly interacts with anyone else them in TW3)?
-Her incredible loyalty to her friends and fellow mages that she is willing to get tortured for Dandelion, and risk getting burned at the stake for the mages in Novigrad?
-Is it the vibe she gives off every time she enters a scene or is already in one?
-Or is it her name? Cuz lets face it Triss Merigold sounds badass as f*ck!

What makes her so different from Yen (no bashing)? From Ciri? Fringilla? Keira? e.t.c
Of course anyone can answer the question, but I really want a detailed response from the first-timers (I'm currently getting a bachelors in psychology, so I'm interested in stuff like this).

I've admired the Witcher franchise from afar for a while, but never had a powerful enough PC to run the games. Recently I just broke down and bought a couple of consoles (XBOX 360 used and a PS4), so I've been trying to catch up. Played Witcher 3 first, and now I'm working my way through the Witcher 2 and reading the novels.

Her looks certainly don't hurt, but I wouldn't say they are the primary reason I'm a fan of her character. I feel like Geralt's seen a lot of shit in his life and been through a lot of pain, and that he needs someone who can bring a smile to his face and make him laugh. His relationship with Triss is carefree, and I'd say the man has had his fill of drama. She also strikes me as a selfless person. At the well in front of the Passiflora, if Geralt expresses hesitancy about giving up his life as a Witcher and moving to Kovir, Triss says that she would be willing to resign from her appointment as adviser to the king, and that she just wants to be with Geralt.

I know some people criticize her because she "seduced" Geralt, and they see her as intruding upon an existing relationship (she even criticizes herself for this in Novigrad), but at the end of the day I don't really think that is fair. She tells Geralt about his relationship with Yennefer in the Witcher 2, she agrees to part ways at the end of the game so that he can pursue his erstwhile lover, and when he comes back to her in the Witcher 3, she helps him track down Ciri. I'd say that's rather selfless. Besides, Yennefer is no better in that regard. She left Geralt once when she discovered that she had feelings for the mage Istredd.

Changing topics, I agree that it might be a stretch to include Triss in the Hearts of Stone expansion, simply because the release date is in October. Then again, we don't know how long they have been working on it. Blood and Wine seems more possible, since it is scheduled to come out in the first quarter of 2016.

---------- Updated at 04:20 PM ----------

I think the 3rd expansion is the only reason why our problems will be solved and we'll get new dialogues. There is very high chance that we well see Triss in this expansion. It's just speculations, but i think nobody would rehire 20+ actors to record a couple of lines.

Maybe they'll allow. Who knows. There is not that much room for it in Hearts of Stone expansion but it's possible in Blood and Wine. They gave us a hint in the support response: "Stay tuned for a dlc/expansion." It should mean something.

Wait, third expansion? Has something been confirmed in addition to Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, or is this just wishful thinking? So confused.

-Is it actual attraction (nothing wrong with that )?
-Her voice (it is quite seductive, I must say)?

All of this, lol. Actually i love how she went from young naive and afraid of everything witch to a person who has a will and can take care about people. It wasn't an easy and pleasant way but she was able to keep this geniality in her heart. She is still not a perfect person. She is a little bit naive and somehow idealistic. And she is afraid of course. Just look at her when it comes to Geralt and a chance of losing him. But what is more important. She evolves. In the books Triss never had a chance against Yenn in a fight for Geralt. Just because she was not equal to him. But now, i think she has something that will help to bring his attention to her. :teeth:

I have a question for the people who were introduce to Triss in the The Witcher 3 ONLY (not the books or the TW1/TW2). I'm curious to know why you like Triss so passionately without any past knowledge about her character.
-Is it actual attraction (nothing wrong with that :whistle:)?
-Her voice (it is quite seductive, I must say:smiling:)?
-Was it how she was represented in the "Sword of Destiny" trailer?
-Her personality towards Geralt (I can't really say everyone because she hardly interacts with anyone else them in TW3)?
-Her incredible loyalty to her friends and fellow mages that she is willing to get tortured for Dandelion, and risk getting burned at the stake for the mages in Novigrad?
-Is it the vibe she gives off every time she enters a scene or is already in one?
-Or is it her name? Cuz lets face it Triss Merigold sounds badass as f*ck!

What makes her so different from Yen (no bashing)? From Ciri? Fringilla? Keira? e.t.c
Of course anyone can answer the question, but I really want a detailed response from the first-timers (I'm currently getting a bachelors in psychology, so I'm interested in stuff like this).

From the poet view, what i like from her personality is that she is caring about people, yes! and she has that sensibility, she put an artificial shield to protect herself from her feelings, and i like to remove that shield and like a dagger, touching her heart, troubling her, exposing the feelings she tries so much to hide. I like to see her doubt. I like seeing suffering and joy dancing together in her heart, i like to see the tears she hides. I like her artificial confidence, her artificial self esteem, i like how she shows that humanity has hope, she is herself a hope without having so much, i like the light in her heart, i like the light in her eyes, i like that she knows that suffering is normal and even can be pleasing, but depends for which sort of suffering for sure, the one that come from big emotional joy.
I like her view of acting, her diplomatic mind. I like the forms of her body, i like her eyes, i like her lips, i even like her big neck lol. The reason of why i am here its because
it's so pleasuring to enter in the profundness of her heart.

From the poet view, what i like from her personality is that she is caring about people, yes! and she has that sensibility, she put an artificial shield to protect herself from her feelings, and i like to remove that shield and like a dagger, touching her heart, troubling her, exposing the feelings she tries so much to hide. I like to see her doubt. I like seeing suffering and joy dancing together in her heart, i like to see the tears she hides. I like her artificial confidence, her artificial self esteem, i like how she shows that humanity has hope, she is herself a hope without having so much, i like the light in her heart, i like the light in her eyes, i like that she knows that suffering is normal and even can be pleasing, but depends for which sort of suffering for sure, the one that come from big emotional joy.
I like her view of acting, her diplomatic mind. I like the forms of her body, i like her eyes, i like her lips, i even like her big neck lol. The reason of why i am here its because
it's so pleasuring to enter in the profundness of her heart.

Damn...that was very...profound!

Ahhh ok thanks for answering. Do you know why they changed it?
Because for her is painfull to try it again, she is not sure it will work out, and she couldn't to take another heartbreaking break of her love for Geralt, and when Geralt confesses in love, he gives her hope that she is the one

Wait, third expansion? Has something been confirmed in addition to Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, or is this just wishful thinking? So confused.

It is just my assumption why REDs decided to repair the Triss romance. I think due to high sales and high ratings they could make a 3rd expansion. I might be completely wrong so don't take it too serious.

Triss dlc? (New quests and romance options)

have a question for the people who were introduce to Triss in the The Witcher 3 ONLY (not the books or the TW1/TW2). I'm curious to know why you like Triss so passionately without any past knowledge about her character.
I haven't read the books, but I played all games multiple times. What made me like her?

-She is definitely head over heels in love with Geralt, so much that she is ready to betray everything and even her best friend. Although I haven't read the books, from the sections people posted it is clear that in them her love was one sided, I think Geralt cared about her, just not in a way she wanted. And as some people posted here at the end of the books she is left in a pretty miserable state, having betrayed her friends and with the love of her life dead and gone. Enter games, when she found Geralt she must have been ecstatic and with his memory gone and her not knowing what has happened to Yen she saw an opportunity she couldn't miss. I know that for many people this is seen as a shady move, and it is, I can understand her and it shows me that she is ready to do anything to be with Geralt, even though her love can be easily seen as obsessive.

In TW2 I got a vibe of insecurity from her regarding the relationship with Geralt, knowing his memory is returning and that Yen is alive, she is aware that losing Geralt and even having him resent her for the things she has done is a real possibility, especially after Geralt demanded her to come clean and tell him everything. Despite all that she agrees to help him, but as we latter find out that the Rose of Remembrance also has mind control abilities I can't help but wonder whether she was honest in her desire to help Geralt regain his memory or is she maybe thinking about doing all she can to keep him beside her. While the game never implies that openly, it is still something I took in consideration. She continues to seem insecure when she asks Geralt whether he wants her to help him find Yen and even if the player continues to reassure her of the love he feels for her she still, at least to me feels insecure. What led to their breakup between games can only be speculated but with Geralt memory back I like to imagine they mutually decided to give each other some time and see what will happen with their feelings once Geralt is reunited with Yen.

In TW3 that insecurity is still present and can be seen through the awkwardness that exists among them when they finally meet for the first time after TW2. It is clear that her feelings are very strong but she fears Geralt doesn't share them and is reluctant to react. Transition between that and the rekindling of their love is very well done in TW3 and that I find very appealing. So bottom line, she is ready to do anything for Geralt and while her love is sincere, things she would to for it are not, and for whatever reason my demented brain loves that :)

-The facial animations in TW3 are among the best I have ever seen in a game and even a look or a smile can tell a lot, you can almost imagine what that person is thinking and Geralt and Triss share many of those in the game( after the kiss at the ball is a great example and again latter in the stables).

-She looks beautiful, her face is TW3 really made me fell for her.

-She also has a very sweet personality and I find her funny and lovable.

I usually avoid writing long posts like this because English is not my first language and it is hard to express some things in detail like I would be able to do on my native language so if something sounds off sorry.

I haven't read the books, but I played all games multiple times. What made me like her?

-She is definitely head over heels in love with Geralt, so much that she is ready to betray everything and even her best friend. Although I haven't read the books, from the sections people posted it is clear that in them her love was one sided, I think Geralt cared about her, just not in a way she wanted. And as some people posted here at the end of the books she is left in a pretty miserable state, having betrayed her friends and with the love of her life dead and gone. Enter games, when she found Geralt she must have been ecstatic and with his memory gone and her not knowing what has happened to Yen she saw an opportunity she couldn't miss. I know that for many people this is seen as a shady move, and it is, I can understand her and it shows me that she is ready to do anything to be with Geralt, even though her love can be easily seen as obsessive.

In TW2 I got a vibe of insecurity from her regarding the relationship with Geralt, knowing his memory is returning and that Yen is alive, she is aware that losing Geralt and even having him resent her for the things she has done is a real possibility, especially after Geralt demanded her to come clean and tell him everything. Despite all that she agrees to help him, but as we latter find out that the Rose of Remembrance also has mind control abilities I can't help but wonder whether she was honest in her desire to help Geralt regain his memory or is she maybe thinking about doing all she can to keep him beside her. While the game never implies that openly, it is still something I took in consideration. She continues to seem insecure when she asks Geralt whether he wants her to help him find Yen and even if the player continues to reassure her of the love he feels for her she still, at least to me feels insecure. What led to their breakup between games can only be speculated but with Geralt memory back I like to imagine they mutually decided to give each other some time and see what will happen with their feelings once Geralt is reunited with Yen.

In TW3 that insecurity is still present and can be seen through the awkwardness that exists among them when they finally meet for the first time after TW2. It is clear that her feelings are very strong but she fears Geralt doesn't share them and is reluctant to react. Transition between that and the rekindling of their love is very well done in TW3 and that I find very appealing. So bottom line, she is ready to do anything for Geralt and while her love is sincere, things she would to for it are not, and for whatever reason my demented brain loves that :)

-The facial animations in TW3 are among the best I have ever seen in a game and even a look or a smile can tell a lot, you can almost imagine what that person is thinking and Geralt and Triss share many of those in the game( after the kiss at the ball is a great example and again latter in the stables).

I usually avoid writing long posts like this because English is not my first language and it is hard to express some things in detail like I would be able to do on my native language so if something sounds off sorry.

Ah bro, love is an obsession!

Last edited:
I can't help but wonder whether she was honest in her desire to help Geralt regain his memory or is she maybe thinking about doing all she can to keep him beside her.

I think if she really feels that way, she would do it without him even knowing about that.

Very well said

I think if she really feels that way, she would do it without him even knowing about that.
Well she never tells Geralt about all the things the Rose can do, he latter finds out accidentally and Triss had no way of knowing that Geralt will learn about all the possible ways it can be used. So hypothetically speaking if she wants to use the Rose to keep Geralt, she is doing it without him knowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom