Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a lot to say for that idea! And I agree with the 100th episode reference...I would think they could set TW3 version of this say, a few years after the end of the story...something that would draw everyone back together. Hate to make it another cataclysmic OMFG type thing but...if not that I don't see what...maybe the CRONES have re-spawned and are now drawing together all the RELICs, sapping their energy to rebuild their 'empire'...i don't know, just throwing that out there.

Yeah, understand that when I say an explosive end I don't mean killing Geralt off. I just mean one last rip roaring adventure that has several hours of content that ties up lots of the loose ends, rather than some largely pointless party that could be patched in as a scene. Don't get me wrong, I liked Citadel, but it's not something I feel would fit this game.

Yeah, understand that when I say an explosive end I don't mean killing Geralt off. I just mean one last rip roaring adventure that has several hours of content that ties up lots of the loose ends, rather than some largely pointless party that could be patched in as a scene. Don't get me wrong, I liked Citadel, but it's not something I feel would fit this game.

Gotcha...seems like it would need to be something important too...would be fun to write :)

There is a lot to say for that idea! And I agree with the 100th episode reference...I would think they could set TW3 version of this say, a few years after the end of the story...something that would draw everyone back together. Hate to make it another cataclysmic OMFG type thing but...if not that I don't see what...maybe the CRONES have re-spawned and are now drawing together all the RELICs, sapping their energy to rebuild their 'empire'...i don't know, just throwing that out there.

---------- Updated at 08:16 AM ----------

No arguments there...

I suppose I am different than most people in the sense that I prioritize story over gameplay. I don't think an expansion needs some cataclysmic event to draw everyone together again. It's not like that in real life, why does it have to be that way in the game? I'd like to see more content that focuses on Geralt just chillin with his friends, e.g. the drinking scene at Kaer Morhen, staging a play with Priscilla, listening to Priscilla's ballad with Zoltan, etc. Hopefully CDPR will at least include elements of that in the upcoming expansions.

About lighthouse scene, I made a video without shadows, it could be done better, but in my hands is only freecam. I believe CDPR could do it better with another angles and more beautiful and romantically.
NSFW!

Why was the act hidden ? I can get a glimpse of 16Hr Mocap data here. It is very unlike CDPR to do this. We all know TW3 is a mature game for Mature audience.
We can now look forward to only Expansion packs as they are our last hope for better scenes :(

Why was the act hidden ? I can get a glimpse of 16Hr Mocap data here. It is very unlike CDPR to do this. We all know TW3 is a mature game for Mature audience.
We can now look forward to only Expansion packs as they are our last hope for better scenes :(

I posted about this earlier here in this thread:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/51724-Triss-Merigold-(all-spoilers)?p=1820505#post1820505
I said all in that post, so I will not repeat myself.. ;)

This video of "Onakita" gives me truth.. By the way - THANK YOU FOR MAKING THAT VIDEO, Onakita!! You are awesome!

I posted about this earlier here in this thread:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/51724-Triss-Merigold-(all-spoilers)?p=1820505#post1820505
I said all in that post, so I will not repeat myself.. ;)

This video of "Onakita" gives me truth.. By the way - THANK YOU FOR MAKING THAT VIDEO, Onakita!! You are awesome!

I did message this concern to a RED dev and they said to look forward to changes in Expansion pack and the existing scenes cannot be switched with new ones unfortunately :(

I did message this concern to a RED dev and they said to look forward to changes in Expansion pack and the existing scenes cannot be switched with new ones unfortunately :(

Are you serious ? Or just joking ....

If what you wrote is true that mean Triss confirm for expansion pack ;)

I can't believe they will bring to us improved sex scenes only for Shani and Toussaint Random Whore #1, #2 and #3. ...
I'll still believe, because with Triss it's not a new scenes - there is already all, just need to change camera angles and fix some glitches with Geralt and Triss models.

Last edited:

O..M..G!!!
Just like "farrysquallko" said, it practically means, that there will be Triss in Expansion pack after all!!! (if They not meant that for example with Shani etc..)

And one good thing is, that we don't want to switch existing scene with new one, only to use alternative camera angle.. So..if that all is truth (=if RED dev posted You official information and not only his personal opinions), it is awesome!!!

EDIT: Maybe in future, I should read all new posts, before responding to one.. But..still there is hope, that they could alter existing scene with patches.. Different camera angle does not mean "switching existing scene with new one".. And, if they are not, I hope, that some modders from nexus will did... ;)

Last edited:
Is it confirmed Shani will return in expansions?
I guess it is...

I'll still believe, because with Triss it's not a new scenes - there is already all, just need to change camera angles and fix some glitches with Geralt and Triss models.

I'm still wondering if they will have Triss in the expansions, It would be odd if the expansions are complete stand alone with the player not having the option to maintain your choices from the base game. It seems like Shani is in the expansion however, is the entire expansion dedicated to Shani?

For example, are our choices in the base game not going to matter? I think they should make it so if you are with Triss then you can chose to just have Shani as a friend, same as with Yen. If you got the lone wolf option then you can get with Shani as fall back, no problem.

I don't think I will even romance Shani if I had the choice to do it or turn it down because, I'm still not satisfy with the way Triss was handled. Selected Triss since witcher 1 and don't plan to changing that now or later.

---------- Updated at 03:38 PM ----------

O..M..G!!!
Just like "farrysquallko" said, it practically means, that there will be Triss in Expansion pack after all!!!

How did you come to this conclusion?

I'm still wondering if they will have Triss in the expansions, It would be odd if the expansions are complete stand alone with the player not having the option to maintain your choices from the base game. It seems like Shani is in the expansion however, is the entire expansion dedicated to Shani?

For example, are our choices in the base game not going to matter? I think they should make it so if you are with Triss then you can chose to just have Shani as a friend, same as with Yen. If you got the lone wolf option then you can get with Shani as fall back, no problem.

I don't think I will even romance Shani if I had the choice to do it or turn it down because, I'm still not satisfy with the way Triss was handled. Selected Triss since witcher 1 and don't plan to changing that now or later.

Considering how important Shani was in Witcher 1, it seems fair for her to have her own expansion.. And..as far as I understand it, Hearts of Stone will be part of main story, or not?

But I agree, that if They are not repair Triss romance and only add another romance possibility (and better done), it would be like a slap in the face for all of us..
Let's hope, that even if they will not add Triss into new expansions, they at least a little bit expanded her existing romance.. That romance is very good, by the way.. All it needs to is a little bit adjustment, some different camera angles and a little bit more romantic dialogues... :)

Nowise.. :D I simply responded to one post without reading a rest.. (I was too much exited) Already added some text into my original response... ;)

I guess it is...

But I must admit, that Shani is beautifull in that pic.. Reminds me a little Natalie Portman, that I platonicaly love for more than decade.. :) But my heart will always belong to Triss - there is no doubt.. ;)

Last edited:

I don't think the developers are going to put a gun to our heads and say, "Yes, you must romance Shani!" (whose character, btw, I am completely unfamiliar with ... was she in the first game?)

From what I understand, the two expansion packs are going to be set during the events of the main campaign and integrated within that existing narrative, so I imagine that our choices will be reflected to some extent.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Blood and Wine. That one's got me most excited - I love courtly intrigue and chivalry - and I'm hoping that Triss will at least make an appearance, even if it's just a scene or two.

They don't need a new scene. It should be a simple script controlling the freecam during the scene that needs to be changed to prevent the camera panning away in some half arsed censorship that doesn't occur if you romance Yennefer. Any modder worth the name would be able to fix that when the tools come out, never mind the developers.

This still doesn't answer the question of Triss. Romancing Shani? Sure, why not, but that's not what most of us want. We chose to romance Triss and have been short changed when compared to those who chose Yennefer so can we or can we not expect to see more Triss material in the expansions that will bring the existing two closer to parity? That's really all I'd like an answer one. Is it too much to ask that they answer it?

---------- Updated at 04:26 PM ----------

I don't think the developers are going to put a gun to our heads and say, "Yes, you must romance Shani!" (whose character, btw, I am completely unfamiliar with ... was she in the first game?)

From what I understand, the two expansion packs are going to be set during the events of the main campaign and integrated within that existing narrative, so I imagine that our choices will be reflected to some extent.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Blood and Wine. That one's got me most excited - I love courtly intrigue and chivalry - and I'm hoping that Triss will at least make an appearance, even if it's just a scene or two.

She was one of the two romance options in the first game. The other was Triss.

She was one of the two romance options in the first game. The other was Triss.
Think I need to revisit one don't remember half of what happened and forgot she was a romantic choice in that.

I still really want to no what happened between 2nd and 3rd witcher. Mmmm is there a book? I no why triss and GERALT parted now. Mmmm any fanfiction about it? Maybe I should write some lol... I have very little else to do lol. Hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom