Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought to create great fight with Geralt, Triss and Yenn. But sadly Yen's AI don't have combat ability. It would be awesome all of three against bear or chort.
All fireballs is made by Triss.

Larger.

Can you even keep him alive?

I have two issues with it though. The first, as you know is the way the writing brushes it off when she mentions she's having nightmares. You can't really explore that in a way that shows Geralt cares and is upset by it himself. The other issue is that such a dramatic incident, such a shocking decision you need to make is not punished nearly enough if you choose not to allow it. What does Dijkstra offer in the Battle for Kaer Morhen? A generous cash donation for finding his treasure. Blood money. But the information you need to find dandelion is just as easily obtained whether or not you allow Triss to be tortured, reducing the act to one of gratuity.

In my opinion, intervening before Triss is tortured should result in it being much harder or much lengthier to find out where Dandelion is being held. It's not about rewarding the player for allowing your friend/lover to be tortured, rather it's about making that sacrifice have meaning which currently it does not since it makes absolutely no difference to the gameplay regardless of choice which makes Triss' sacrifice utterly meaningless. As a result it makes it appear that the torture was written in for shock value only. If there's ever an enhanced edition released, I'd strongly advise CDPR to consider this in greater detail.

I don't think there is a way to keep him alive.

I agree, the torture scene should have had more meaning because of the risk and sacrifice involved. Geralt should have shown more remorse even tho she agree to the plan.

---------- Updated at 07:51 PM ----------

I thought to create great fight with Geralt, Triss and Yenn. But sadly Yen's AI don't have combat ability. It would be awesome all of three against bear or chort.

Larger.

Are there two Triss in there?

Larger.

Oh good to know, as lot of peoples hope to have Triss/Yen by his side for Expansions or game+ stuff, if CDPR ever consider to add this kind of feature it will require some big work. Also it doesn't look good for modders who wanted to add Yen as a partner :(

I felt the same way, the light house scene although heavily censored was very beautiful. I didn't like the unicorn scene but that's because horse hair scares the crap out of me. Allergies

I liked the lighthouse scene and the comic element. Think it could have done with a little bit more explicitness but its not a huge issue for me. The unicorn sequence did nothing for me.

I have to disagree because, there are different forms of love hence love can be between more than just two people. Geralt loves Ciri as a daughter, Triss Love Ciri as a sister and maybe even as a daughter. Yen definitely love Ciri as a daughter. Geralt loves Triss and Geralt loves Yen.

That's true, didn't want to do that to get the game to flow correctly.

I felt the same way, the light house scene although heavily censored was very beautiful. I didn't like the unicorn scene but that's because horse hair scares the crap out of me. Allergies

There is no thing such as love in friendship, maternity or fraternity

---------- Updated at 08:09 PM ----------

You can love two person, but that's not into the same love.

You are joking right? So are you saying you cannot feel love for a friend, mother or colleague? If you are basing that purely on definition then yes but, what is love?

Full Definition of LOVE. 1. a (1) : strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties <maternal love for a child> (2) : attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers (3) : affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests <love for his old schoolmates

---------- Updated at 08:13 PM ----------

---------- Updated at 08:09 PM ----------

You can love two person, but that's not into the same love.

That's why I said there are different forms of love. So are we agreeing here? I am totally confuse now.

Last edited:
You are joking right? So are you saying you cannot feel love for a friend, mother or colleague? If you are basing that purely on definition then yes but, what is love?

Full Definition of LOVE. 1. a (1) : strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties <maternal love for a child> (2) : attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers (3) : affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests <love for his old schoolmates

That's why I said there are different forms of love. So are we agree here? I am totally confuse now.

Poets knows more about love than any dictionnaries...

---------- Updated at 08:19 PM ----------

That's why I said there are different forms of love. So are we agree here? I am totally confuse now.

Lol are you sure its not Freud that write these lines? Sexual desire, come on, Fraud.

Feelings to friends or to the family have another word than love.

OMG. You know what you are right, I don't know anything about love. Next time I am feeling anything remotely like love for someone or something I will track down a poet to confirm. Thanks for this interesting conversation. ???

My dear friends, poets were writting about love even before the word dictionnary had come to the mind of someone and Freud started his frustations as a psychologic theory.

Larger.

Yeah. She have a male voice too (I noticed it). Spawn ('sorceress') should give you a hostile version of her which is capable of combat.

Poets knows more about love than any dictionnaries...

---------- Updated at 08:19 PM ----------

Lol are you sure its not Freud that write these lines? Sexual desire, come on, Fraud.

Feelings to friends or to the family have another word than love.

Wow you must be the most knowledgeable person on the face of the planet because, you know so much about love and everything else. According to you it is impossible to love more than one person at the same time. I just wanted to ask, do you read out loud what you write? Never mind

Wow you must be the most knowledgeable person on the face of the planet because, you know so much about love and everything else. According to you it is impossible to love more than one person at the same time. I just wanted to ask, do you read out loud what you write? Never mind

I said there is no love in friendship or any family relation. Love is a passion, an obsession to someone, never had that with my brother which the only link that i share with him is purely fraternal.

If i'm judging by what i'm reading now, i will say that poets overestimate themselves.

I have to disagree because, there are different forms of love hence love can be between more than just two people. Geralt loves Ciri as a daughter, Triss Love Ciri as a sister and maybe even as a daughter. Yen definitely love Ciri as a daughter. Geralt loves Triss and Geralt loves Yen.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom