Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post it here under a spoiler tag and we can take a look if that's ok. We are willing to support the other side it's just a shame sometimes when people are being disruptive.

What should have happen was s combine effort to get more for both characters but instead of that we all dug in and started throwing sand, then pebbles eventually that guy comes in and throw a chair then all hell breaks lose. Lol

Post it. I like to see it.

Part 2: Dialogue between Geralt and Yen in Vizima at the end of the prologue

(--> Part 1: Dialogue between Geralt and Yen in White Orchard just before)

Yen: "Geralt...[pause] that tunic - you look positively smashing after all."

Geralt: "Ugh. Dying to take it off.

Yen: "I'd consider that a proposition under different circumstances...one I might even take upon you on. But we have matters to attend to. - Now, do you understand why I'm at Emhyr's court?

Geralt: "Mhm. And seems we're in the same boat now. - Ciri. She's really back? No chance she's mistaken?"

Yen: " Look [shows Geralt a sketch of Ciri]. That's more or less what she looks like now, so our agents claim. Our little witcheress' daughter's grown into a young lady."

(choice A -> So they're your agents now?)
Geralt: "Hm, so they're our agents now? My, my...you clearly settled in quick."

(Following passage: Which friends were killed? There is no context to that at all, so it also has no reason to exist. Instead Yen should instead mention his connection to Ciri because that's what she and Geralt really care about.)

Yen: "Geralt, don't twist my words. I know who Emhyr is. He started this war and its bloodshed. He had my friends killed. I don't know what he has in mind for Ciri but we can think about that later. But I hadn't any other choice, so please...let's not belabor the pros and cons and instead on finding Ciri. All right?"
(choice A path ends)

(choice B ->Yeah...all grown up.)
Geralt: "How about that...she's grown up."

(Following passage: I know that this should work as a connection to Geralt's dream at the beginning of the game - but the time at Kaer Morhen is certainly not the most impactful event in their past, and also not the last time they saw each other. On top of that Yen can't know that Geralt dreamt about Kaer Morhen. He didn't tell her so it makes no logical sense for her to specifically mention that moment she doesn't even experienced herself - opposite to those moments in which they both travelled around with Ciri or more striking evens, like on the stairs of Stygga castle or during Geralt's alleged death...)

Yen: "It's been years since you trained together at Kaer Morhen.we saw her fpr the last time - A great deal has changed."

Geralt: "You haven't. Not a bit."

Yen: "I misted those awkward compliments of yours. But let's focue on Ciri, all right?"
(choice B path ends)

(linear plot continues)
Geralt: "Right. Emhyr said the Wild Hunt's after her again. I'd find that hard to believe - before what happened yesterday. And after what happened yesterday I have no doubt about it. How did they track us down?"

Yen: "Because of me. You see...I've spent months searching for Ciri. Using location spells, haruspicy, geomancy, anything, really. I knew the Wild Hunt might sense it, perhaps even find me, but...I've thought I'd tricked them."

Geralt: "Well, guess you were wrong."

Yen: "Hm. I've sensed them on my trail, hunting me, for some time. If not for you and Emhyr's soldiers, they'd had gotten what they were after. - I can't risk another encounter like that. It's time to put away the maic, turn to more traditional methods...to the best tracker I know. - You're her father, Geralt, and she's your destiny. You must find her, Geralt. Before the Wild Hunt does."

optional choice -> What's the Wild Hunt want from Ciri?)
(following passage: Geralt talks about the Wild Hunt like he didn't even know anything about them at all expect rumors everybody knows. That completely ignores that Geralt rode with the Hunt himself for YEARS and that he should know pretty well about their goals and motivations know since he regained his full memory. This whole short dialogue here between Geralt and Yen seems like it's a bad substitute for a fleshed out flashback scene that would introduce the Wild Hunt in the prologue to Witcher 1, when they kidnapped Yennefer in order to find Ciri and when Geralt traded himself in in order to free Yennefer. But even as a substitute this dialogue makes no sense because Geralt's obvious knowledge about them searching for Ciri is just ignored. Yennefers answer to Geralt's question why they were after Ciri makes even less sense since she must know that Geralt knows more about the Hunt than herself. And the very cloudy "it must be about her blood" is ridiulous. Yennefer knows damn well what the Wild Hund wants from Ciri.

This optional dialogue choice makes no sense at all. It's inconsistent with the lore of the previous games. I'd prefer a non-optional flashback scene here that introduces the Wild Hund properly and gives context to their connection to Geralt and Ciri in particular. There is no reason to hide that at this point of the game, especially not by just making such bullshit and wrong optional dialogue line. So either non-voluntary flashback or just cut the whole thing...

Geralt: "The Wild Hunt, what could it want from Ciri?

Yen: "I've no clue, Geralt. Might've written them to ask but I don't have their address. - I know as much as you do. It must be about her blood, her gift. - I'd prefer not to think about it, really."

(optional dialogue choice ends)

(mandatory choice -> So where's Ciri been seen? -> linear plot continues)
Geralt: "So where's Ciri been seen exactly?"

Yen: "In two places - Velen and Novigrad. The trail in Velen is most promising. You should make that first stop. Ask for a merchant named Hendrik at the Inn of the Crossroads. One of the emperor's agents, he should get in touch with you."

Geralt: "That's it? No passwords, no secret handshakes?"

Yen: "None. Sorry to spoil your fun, your boyhood fantasies about the crafts of the trade. - All we have in Novigrad are unconfirmed reports, rumors. But there you will have the help of our...[pause]... there will perhaps be somebody who might agree to help us, our [really ironic] mutual acquantaince. - Triss Merigold. Apparently she's got a cozy flat on the main square. But I'm pretty sure you already know that.."

(At this occasion I'd bring up the amnesia issue and the respective dialogue between Geralt and Yen. It's one of the core consequences of TW2 that should be treated properly by giving it central space early on. Not only because it's something that is of great importance to Geralt himself (and this is supposed to be "Geralt's personal story") but because there is missing context for people who don't know the books or even the previous games that needs proper explanation. The game tackles that later during this dialogue with a short optional choice dialogue but that's imo two little context, especially since the game gives you no chance to express your feelings for Triss - if you have some - early on - which is a core and valid criticism of many Triss fans, especially since CDPR decided that Geralt and Triss had to split up at the beginning of TW3 no matter what. That's completely consistent with the plot but that doesn't mean that by giving the player a small choice here wouldn't improve the situation for everyone, giving back agency. So I suggest a choice here that can't be avoided. It should cover everyone who is is attracted to Yennefer (like bookf fans), everyone who is attracted to Triss (like fans of TW2, who want to continue their romance with Triss in a consistent, properly explained way) and everyone who has no preference at all (like perhaps complete newcomers). It's not like this choice is absolutely necessary to bring the plot forward, not at all. But it's a great opportunity to give the players agency and the feeling that their choices and their preferences in the games are properly acknowledged and respected. It's a typcial "Mass Effect" choice situation with no long term differing consequences (only short term like the kiss). It more of a "feeling" choice, for the pure sake of the moment - and to further explore one's one path in the game. At the same time I cut the kiss with Yen in all situations in which you don't clearly stand to her so early on. Everybody can of course still decide for Triss or Yen later on - or both or none of them with the respective consequences)

Geralt: "I'm sure she will be delighted to see me. What about you? What will you do?"

Yen: "I shall sail for Skellige. There was a magic explosion recently, blew half of the forest down. I believe this had something to do with Ciri. I'll be in Kaer Trolde. Join me there once you've learnt something."

Geralt: "Yen...I'd lost my memory...I know you're hurt but...about Triss...she helped me to find the kingslayer and she helped me to finally regain my memory."

Yen: "So that's your excuse? I've heard you and Triss made a great couple."

(choice A -> It was failure and I'm sorry about it.)
Geralt: "If I hadn't lost my memory nothing would have ever happened. As soon as I've recovered by memory I left Triss and tried to find you...you know what I feel for you."

Yen: [calm] "Do you? That you'd forget about me that quickly...maybe it was that genie alone, after all..."

Geralt: "Yen...I..."

[Yennefer kisses him.]

Yen: "I know, Geralt. But we don't have time for that now. I shall sail to Skellige. There was a magic explosion recently, blew half of the forest down. I believe this had something to do with Ciri. I'll be in Kaer Trolde. Join me there once you've learnt something. I will wait for you there."

(choice A path ends)

(choice B -> I still have feelings for Triss.)
Geralt: "When Triss helped me we came closer, really close to be honest...it's complicated...Once I found out about you...and Ciri...I had to split up with Triss, thinking it all over. But now I feel bad about it..."

Yen: [really angry] "Oh, you feel bad. How do you think I felt when I heard about you two? I should turn you into a frog or something..."

Geralt: "I didn't...want to hurt you, Yen. It's just that I have feelings for both of you."

Yen [sad, calmed down]: [pause] "You once told me that I had to decide between you...and Istredd. You remember? And I did. Now I expect the same from you. [pause] I shall sail to Skellige. There was a magic explosion recently, blew half of the forest down. I believe this had something to do with Ciri. I'll be in Kaer Trolde. Join me there once you've learnt something. I expect you've made your decision up until then."

(choice B path ends)

(choice C -> ...silence...)
Geralt: "..."

Yen: [angry] "So you don't have to say anything at all about that? [pause, calmed down] Ah, let's drop it, all right? "It's not what you think" or "it helped me understand how much I love you". I don't wish to hear it, any of it, anyway. [pause] I shall sail to Skellige. There was a magic explosion recently, blew half of the forest down. I believe this had something to do with Ciri. I'll be in Kaer Trolde. Join me there once you've learnt something"

(choice C path ends)

(linear plot continues with mandatory choice -> Time to get going)
-->(optional choice "Before we part..." is completely cut but almost all of its parts are implemented in the choice situation above)

Geralt: "Guess this means we need to split up agiain. Not my preference but I understand. Clock's ticking."

Yen: "It is indeed. So why don't I teleport you to Velen, get you there at once?"

Geralt: "Not gonna happen. I'll go on horseback. Soon as I get changed."

Yen: "Have it your way. Oh, and,... you really look quite dashing in black velvet."

Geralt: "Think so? Maybe I can have some of my armor lined up with it. Hm. Good luck, Yen."

Yen: "Same to you. And if you wish to learn what's happened in the world while you and Vesemir roamed in the wilderness, talk to Ambassador var Attre. That's him, over there. - And Geralt, I know it's wartime, but try not to be a hero, all right? Just check those leads and come back to me - in one piece. For Ciri."

[Yen kisses Geralt.]

Yen: "I shall be waiting."

(Note: Every suggestion of mine shouldn't be seen literally. It's more about the general idea. Fighting over single terms or words is not the point of my posts.)

Note: black means "original content", blue means "new content", cut original content is just crossed out, comments/explanations are small and in brackets

Last edited:
I'm happy for the adventures of Geralt to be over, he has had his ending, let him chill. I still want more witcher games though.

The age of Geralt is over. The time of the Lambert has come.

I think the Wolf school needs to reopen with Lambert and Eskel as instructor. Triss can find a better safer way for them to perform the mutation trials. I'm sure lambert will agree if there was a better/safer way to perform the trial of the grass.

Lots of kids in the north and I'm sure more witchers will be needed at some point.

I think Geralt needs to spend the rest of his day with Triss in Kovir surrounded by love and happiness. God the man has earn that at least.

---------- Updated at 05:14 PM ----------

I'm well aware and know they take our suggestions on board, I was saying it's a bit too early to expect a time frame.

Agree

---------- Updated at 05:19 PM ----------

Yen: "I'd consider that a proposition under different circumstances...one I might even take upon you on. But we have matters to attend to. - Now, do you understand why I'm at Emhyr's court?

Geralt: "Mhm. And seems we're in the same boat now. - Ciri. She's really back? No chance she's mistaken?"

Yen: " Look [shows Geralt a sketch of Ciri]. That's more or less what she looks like now, so our agents claim. Our little witcheress' daughter's grown into a young lady."

(Following passage: Which friends were killed? There is no context to that at all, so it also has no reason to exist. Instead Yen should instead mention his connection to Ciri because that's what she and Geralt really care about.)

Yen: "Geralt, don't twist my words. I know who Emhyr is. He started this war and its bloodshed. He had my friends killed. I don't know what he has in mind for Ciri but we can think about that later. But I hadn't any other choice, so please...let's not belabor the pros and cons and instead on finding Ciri. All right?"
(choice A path ends)

(Following passage: I know that this should work as a connection to Geralt's dream at the beginning of the game - but the time at Kaer Morhen is certainly not the most impactful event in their past, and also not the last time they saw each other. On top of that Yen can't know that Geralt dreamt about Kaer Morhen. He didn't tell her so it makes no logical sense for her to specifically mention that moment she doesn't even experienced herself - opposite to those moments in which they both travelled around with Ciri or more striking evens, like on the stairs of Stygga castle or during Geralt's alleged death...)

Yen: "It's been years since you trained together at Kaer Morhen.we saw her fpr the last time - A great deal has changed."

Yen: "I misted those awkward compliments of yours. But let's focue on Ciri, all right?"
(choice B path ends)

(linear plot continues)
Geralt: "Right. Emhyr said the Wild Hunt's after her again. I'd find that hard to believe - before what happened yesterday. And after what happened yesterday I have no doubt about it. How did they track us down?"

Yen: "Because of me. You see...I've spent months searching for Ciri. Using location spells, haruspicy, geomancy, anything, really. I knew the Wild Hunt might sense it, perhaps even find me, but...I've thought I'd tricked them."

Yen: "Hm. I've sensed them on my trail, hunting me, for some time. If not for you and Emhyr's soldiers, they'd had gotten what they were after. - I can't risk another encounter like that. It's time to put away the maic, turn to more traditional methods...to the best tracker I know. - You're her father, Geralt, and she's your destiny. You must find her, Geralt. Before the Wild Hunt does."

(following passage: Geralt talks about the Wild Hunt like he didn't even know anything about them at all expect rumors everybody knows. That completely ignores that Geralt rode with the Hunt himself for YEARS and that he should know pretty well about their goals and motivations know since he regained his full memory. This whole short dialogue here between Geralt and Yen seems like it's a bad substitute for a fleshed out flashback scene that would introduce the Wild Hunt in the prologue to Witcher 1, when they kidnapped Yennefer in order to find Ciri and when Geralt traded himself in in order to free Yennefer. But even as a substitute this dialogue makes no sense because Geralt's obvious knowledge about them searching for Ciri is just ignored. Yennefers answer to Geralt's question why they were after Ciri makes even less sense since she must know that Geralt knows more about the Hunt than herself. And the very cloudy "it must be about her blood" is ridiulous. Yennefer knows damn well what the Wild Hund wants from Ciri.

This optional dialogue choice makes no sense at all. It's inconsistent with the lore of the previous games. I'd prefer a non-optional flashback scene here that introduces the Wild Hund properly and gives context to their connection to Geralt and Ciri in particular. There is no reason to hide that at this point of the game, especially not by just making such bullshit and wrong optional dialogue line. So either non-voluntary flashback or just cut the whole thing...

Yen: "I've no clue, Geralt. Might've written them to ask but I don't have their address. - I know as much as you do. It must be about her blood, her gift. - I'd prefer not to think about it, really."

Yen: "In two places - Velen and Novigrad. The trail in Velen is most promising. You should make that first stop. Ask for a merchant named Hendrik at the Inn of the Crossroads. One of the emperor's agents, he should get in touch with you."

Yen: "None. Sorry to spoil your fun, your boyhood fantasies about the crafts of the trade. - All we have in Novigrad are unconfirmed reports, rumors. But there you will have the help of our...[pause]... there will perhaps be somebody who might agree to help us, our [really ironic] mutual acquantaince. - Triss Merigold. Apparently she's got a cozy flat on the main square. But I'm pretty sure you already know that.."

(At this occasion I'd bring up the amnesia issue and the respective dialogue between Geralt and Yen. It's one of the core consequences of TW2 that should be treated properly by giving it central space early on. Not only because it's something that is of great importance to Geralt himself (and this is supposed to be "Geralt's personal story") but because there is missing context for people who don't know the books or even the previous games that needs proper explanation. The game tackles that later during this dialogue with a short optional choice dialogue but that's imo two little context, especially since the game gives you no chance to express your feelings for Triss - if you have some - early on - which is a core and valid criticism of many Triss fans, especially since CDPR decided that Geralt and Triss had to split up at the beginning of TW3 no matter what. That's completely consistent with the plot but that doesn't mean that by giving the player a small choice here wouldn't improve the situation for everyone, giving back agency. So I suggest a choice here that can't be avoided. It should cover everyone who is is attracted to Yennefer (like bookf fans), everyone who is attracted to Triss (like fans of TW2, who want to continue their romance with Triss in a consistent, properly explained way) and everyone who has no preference at all (like perhaps complete newcomers). It's not like this choice is absolutely necessary to bring the plot forward, not at all. But it's a great opportunity to give the players agency and the feeling that their choices and their preferences in the games are properly acknowledged and respected. It's a typcial "Mass Effect" choice situation with no long term differing consequences (only short term like the kiss). It more of a "feeling" choice, for the pure sake of the moment - and to further explore one's one path in the game. At the same time I cut the kiss with Yen in all situations in which you don't clearly stand to her so early on. Everybody can of course still decide for Triss or Yen later on - or both or none of them with the respective consequences)

Geralt: "I'm sure she will be delighted to see me. What about you? What will you do?"

Yen: "I shall sail for Skellige. There was a magic explosion recently, blew half of the forest down. I believe this had something to do with Ciri. I'll be in Kaer Trolde. Join me there once you've learnt something."

Geralt: "Yen...I'd lost my memory...I know you're hurt but...about Triss...she helped me to find the kingslayer and she helped me to finally regain my memory."

Geralt: "If I hadn't lost my memory nothing would have ever happened. As soon as I've recovered by memory I left Triss and tried to find you...you know what I feel for you."

Yen: [calm] "Do you? That you'd forget about me that quickly...maybe it was that genie alone, after all..."

[Yennefer kisses him.]

Yen: "I know, Geralt. But we don't have time for that now. I shall sail to Skellige. There was a magic explosion recently, blew half of the forest down. I believe this had something to do with Ciri. I'll be in Kaer Trolde. Join me there once you've learnt something. I will wait for you there."

(choice A path ends)

Geralt: "When Triss helped me we came closer, really close to be honest...it's complicated...Once I found out about you...and Ciri...I had to split up with Triss, thinking it all over. But now I feel bad about it..."

Yen: [really angry] "Oh, you feel bad. How do you think I felt when I heard about you two? I should turn you into a frog or something..."

Geralt: "I didn't...want to hurt you, Yen. It's just that I have feelings for both of you."

Yen [sad, calmed down]: [pause] "You once told me that I had to decide between you...and Istredd. You remember? And I did. Now I expect the same from you. [pause] I shall sail to Skellige. There was a magic explosion recently, blew half of the forest down. I believe this had something to do with Ciri. I'll be in Kaer Trolde. Join me there once you've learnt something. I expect you've made your decision up until then."

(choice B path ends)

Yen: [angry] "So you don't have to say anything at all about that? [pause, calmed down] Ah, let's drop it, all right? "It's not what you think" or "it helped me understand how much I love you". I don't wish to hear it, any of it, anyway. [pause] I shall sail to Skellige. There was a magic explosion recently, blew half of the forest down. I believe this had something to do with Ciri. I'll be in Kaer Trolde. Join me there once you've learnt something"

(choice C path ends)

-->(optional choice "Before we part..." is completely cut but almost all of its parts are implemented in the choice situation above)

Geralt: "Guess this means we need to split up agiain. Not my preference but I understand. Clock's ticking."

Yen: "It is indeed. So why don't I teleport you to Velen, get you there at once?"

Yen: "Have it your way. Oh, and,... you really look quite dashing in black velvet."

Geralt: "Think so? Maybe I can have some of my armor lined up with it. Hm. Good luck, Yen."

Yen: "Same to you. And if you wish to learn what's happened in the world while you and Vesemir roamed in the wilderness, talk to Ambassador var Attre. That's him, over there. - And Geralt, I know it's wartime, but try not to be a hero, all right? Just check those leads and come back to me - in one piece. For Ciri."

[Yen kisses Geralt.]

(Note: Every suggestion of mine shouldn't be seen literally. It's more about the general idea. Fighting over single terms or words is not the point of my posts.)

Note: black means "original content", blue means "new content", cut original content is just crossed out, comments/explanations are small and in brackets

It's very good. That would definitely she'd more light on Yen character instead of the present conversation. Good stuff.

P.s. Please tell Yen not to turn the witcher dude into a frog, it be impossible to carry swords in that form. Lol :)

(choice A path ends)

(choice B path ends)

(linear plot continues)

[Yennefer kisses him.]

(choice A path ends)

(choice B path ends)

(choice C path ends)

[Yen kisses Geralt.]

That actually sounds great. hope the devs end up including something like that. Great work

I'm happy for the adventures of Geralt to be over, he has had his ending, let him chill. I still want more witcher games though.

For how weird it may sound.... I'll throw money at the screen for a Witcher game with Lambert as a protagonist and Keira Metz on his side.
He is a prick indeed, but a classy one!

I'd like to know what Triss fans think about my suggestions for dialogue improvements between Yennefer and Geralt in Vizima, at the end of the prologue.

--> http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ll-spoilers)?p=1829200&viewfull=1#post1829200

:)

A lot of the minor tweaks i just don't see any value in.

Emotionally i like the end bit of structure of it is addressing the amnesia and Geralt's feelings for Yen/Triss.
As someone who has read books and played the games i wanted options to reflect that which your proposed dialogue does provide.
The way they handled it was probably the continuing problem games have in trying to cater for new players who would be making this choice completely blind.

(choice A path ends)

(choice B path ends)

(linear plot continues)

[Yennefer kisses him.]

(choice A path ends)

(choice B path ends)

(choice C path ends)

[Yen kisses Geralt.]

Wow, it's awesome. I would like to see it in game. It would show Yen for newcomers and who played only games to know her a little bit better, than she is shown right now in Vizima.
And us, #teamTriss, would be satisfied with choice to answer that Geralt loves Triss.

A lot of the minor tweaks i just don't see any value in.

Emotionally i like the end bit of structure of it is addressing the amnesia and Geralt's feelings for Yen/Triss.
As someone who has read books and played the games i wanted options to reflect that which your proposed dialogue does provide.
The way they handled it was probably the continuing problem games have in trying to cater for new players who would be making this choice completely blind.
I was going to say that.
I have friends who didn't played the first games or read the books, they have no complains about the main plot in TW3. Bringing Istredd to context or giving the option for Geralt to "confess" his feelings for Triss before he even meets her in the game would confuse newcomer's minds.

Sorry for any grammar errors, english is far from my primary language.

I was going to say that.
I have friends who didn't played the first games or read the books, they have no complains about the main plot in TW3. Bringing Istredd to context or giving the option for Geralt to "confess" his feelings for Triss before he even meets her in the game would confuse newcomer's minds.

Well, that's what option C is for. The whole point of the choice was to give people of different knowledge the possiblity to experience a "consistent" story. The way it's written know disadvantages people who like Triss from TW2.

If you're a complete newcomer to the game you probably don't have any reason to choose either Triss or Yen so early. So you could just be "silent" which is the "neutral" option C (if that's not clear enough, it would of course be possible to find a clearer way to express that). And still, all of my suggestions are kind of open. You don't say that you love Triss or hate Yen, you just say that you have still feelings for her (option B). Same for option A, just for Yennefer. None of these choices limit your further decisions on the topic later in the game. You're still free to romance Triss or Yen no matter what.

Last edited:
[QUOTE = leoandujar; 1829333]. Я хочу сказать, что
у меня есть друзья, которые не играют первые игры или читать книги, они не имеют жалуется на основной сюжет в TW3. Приведение Istredd в контексте или давая возможность для Геральта «сознаться» в своих чувствах к Трисс, прежде чем он даже встречает ее в игре будет запутать умы новичка. К сожалению для любых грамматических ошибок, английский далеко от моего основного языка. [/ QUOTE]

It is good, stimulates to pass a game not one time

I want more, more Triss, More ,lambert an even more Water Hag :Dd

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-07-05 13-39-09-29.jpg
    witcher3 2015-07-05 13-39-09-29.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 155

(choice A path ends)

(choice B path ends)

(linear plot continues)

[Yennefer kisses him.]

(choice A path ends)

(choice B path ends)

(choice C path ends)

[Yen kisses Geralt.]

I think the early removal of Yennefer's dialogue is unnecessary, I always felt that the problem was Geralt's when it comes to Yennefer, his responses (At least until he gets the chance to explain himself). Also, him stating that after the amnesia only some of his basic instincts survived, love, survival instinct, feeling that Triss was important to him and feeling that he had a deep connection with her and that feeling kept on getting stronger every day to the point where he didn't understand how he ever rejected her before or how he was so blind and haven't fallen more deeply in love with her is more in character when it comes to Geralt in-general (The amnesia gave him a different perspective on things).

During the events of TW1, Triss was hurt during Defending Kaer Morhen and after the battle was over. We got another quest A Potion for Triss. Even though he had amnesia and even after he lost his memory. He still remembered the first thing he told her after he knew that she surivived The Battle of Sodden Hill "The feelings I experienced on hearing that you lived cannot compare to any other. Except perhaps what I feel now when I look at you.”

I think until Geralt makes that choice in the conversation to purse his relationship with Triss, nothing in Yennefer's dialogue needs changing. That would be only unfair to the people who are romancing/pursing Yen. It's alway about the way he chose to respond when it comes to Yennefer.

You've done a good job witing some of it, I was really impressed reading it. Sorry if my criticism seemed a bit rude or unfair.

EDIT reason: Update.

Last edited:
I think the early removal of Yennefer's dialogue is unnecessary, I always felt that the problem was Geralt's when it comes to Yennefer, his responses (At least until he gets the chance to explain himself). Also, him stating that after the amnesia only some of his basic instincts survived, love, survival instinct, feeling that Triss was important to him and feeling that he had a deep connection with her and that feeling kept on getting stronger every day to the point where he didn't understand how he ever rejected her before or how he was so blind and haven't fallen more deeply in love with her is more in character when it comes to Geralt in-general (The amnesia gave him a different perspective on things).

Which early removal do you mean?

And how do you want the dialogues to be changed to reflect that Geralt you speak about (I don't think my suggestion depicts a different Geralt in general though).

I think until Geralt makes that choice in the conversation to purse his relationship with Triss, nothing in Yennefer's dialogue needs changing. That would be only unfair to the people who are romancing/pursing Yen. It's alway about the way he chose to respond when it comes to Yennefer.

You've done a good job witing some of it, I was really impressed reading it. Sorry if my criticism seemed a bit rude or unfair.

EDIT reason: Update.

People should look at the situation like this. Forget for the moment that romance in The Witcher 3 is a piece of writing and think of it as a game mechanic. In those terms there's a balance issue that needs fixing. No different than if it was in the combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom