Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion this thread could do with a hell of a lot less Triss pictures and a hell of a lot more constructive feedback and ideas on how to fix the romance. Da Witcher brought it to the attention of the devs and all he's going to see are page after page of pics. I'm sorry but I don't have some school yard crush on Triss, I just want the writing fixed to reflect the choices I make in the game otherwise my choices are worth nothing. Not trying to belittle the artists because there's some great art in this thread but we really need to put that to one side for now and focus on fixing the issue at hand. After all, this isn't a fan club.

I don't think we should just sit back and keep calm (i mean we can to an extent), but when the devs check this thread, they shouldn't be seeing Yen vs Triss arguments on why a character did that...when it should be focused (not all of it mind you, this does include Triss in general) on a continuation of the previous thread where we discuss ideas, even fanfiction about how a scene could play out...what we liked or how we would change the scene (or dialogue) etc..... they are aware of the inconsistencies but we can make sure they have a load of ideas to base any future content on should they choose to do so.

The main purpose of the old thread is dev recognize the inconsistent of Triss content and they have already acknowledged it. Time for us to sit back and wait, give them some ideas blah blah

I didn't mean we stop discussed about how to fix Triss content, it just many do it already (even Dawitcher version is almost the same as the one in the old thread which used 30 page to make).

It´s even more painful thinking about this knowing that there could have been more Triss, such as the deleted romance scene from the Sword of Destiny trailer : (

For me it gave me the sense that Triss was a valid romance option and i was thinking 'oh wait, Yen is back but CDPR are allowing Triss to still be a valid love interest, this is awesome'....i guess that is why it can be so disappointing when you actually play the game.....

---------- Updated at 12:49 AM ----------

I was hoping when you go to retrieve the sunstone you'd get to choose the sorceress you wanted to go with you but nope you got stuck with philippa. It'd be cool if the made an expansion where you do a quest in kovir with triss with the ability of romance scenes if you romanced her in the main play through

Yeah i was hoping Triss joined along with Phillipa and there would be banter between the three, with Phillipa making references to their relationship...i guess we have to hope something like that happens in the expansion....

---------- Updated at 12:52 AM ----------

The main purpose of the old thread is dev recognize the inconsistent of Triss content and they have already acknowledged it. Time for us to sit back and wait, give them some ideas blah blah

I didn't mean we stop discussed about how to fix Triss content, it just many do it already (even Dawitcher version is almost the same as the one in the old thread which used 30 page to make).

I agree, i think it is ok to talk about other Triss relating things as a way to balance it all out...because it can get exhausting and a picture here can lift everybody's mood....also even a picture can contribute because if the dev is looking at this thread and sees pictures of say the fountain scene...then they make think that we all liked it a lot of may come up with the idea to make another scene similar to it (just a thought).

I was hoping when you go to retrieve the sunstone you'd get to choose the sorceress you wanted to go with you but nope you got stuck with philippa. It'd be cool if the made an expansion where you do a quest in kovir with triss with the ability of romance scenes if you romanced her in the main play through

Would be amusing if you took your love interest along on the sunstone quest, expecting some nice alone time, then you arrive at the entrance and Philippa is there to ruin your day. Grumpy Geralt would be in full force then!

Very nice artwork but does that mean that Triss doesn't like books? Or doesn't like the book readers who ask for more Yen over Triss? :mean:

Or it is just a very nice artwork? :help:

I was going to say that is what Triss thinks of her having less content in the game because of the heavy focus on the books....but i am just going to say she doesn't like going from the second main to the fourth main character and is taking it out on that poor book!.... (only joking though lol)

I'm just saying we should have a bit more balance in the thread. People like me came to this thread exclusively because the old one was shut down, not because we want to belong to the Triss Merrigold fan club. So in the absence of anywhere else to discuss the issues with the romance and propose ideas for a fix, all I ask is this thread please accommodate us to some extent otherwise there's no point in the dev's reading this thread. It's a waste of their time.

Last night is a perfect example of this balance. We discussed issues and ideas for a couple of hours then people posted fan art. That's how I'd like this thread to balance itself. That's all I'm saying. If they had released a statement saying that they recognise the story's balance is skewed in favour of Yen and that the player's choices when romancing Triss are largely ignored and that they will work on fixing that I'd be more than happy to let the matter rest. But they didn't, they released some vague, half arsed statement that leads me to believe it will be very, very minor changes in order to pay us lip service.

Last edited:
ok guys let me share with you some thoughts about something that felt wrong to me:
At the lighthouse, Why Triss leaves Geralt without a kiss/hug/smile? she just turns her back and keeps talking, that was cold to me.
i dont know if someone already said this or the devs are going to do something about it but i just want to know if you agree with me.

Last edited:
ok guys let me share with you some thoughts about something that felt wrong to me:
At the lighthouse, Why Triss leaves Geralt without a kiss/hug/smile? she just turns her back and keeps talking, that was cold to me.
i dont know if someone already said this but i just want to know if you agree with me.
And she says something along the lines of "the sparks passed. " I agree it felt a little weird at the end of that scene. The scene at the vegelbuds where she gets drunk and the fountain in novigrad were better in my opinion.

i dont know if someone already said this but i just want to know if you agree with me.

Yep "i'll miss you, a lot" "i'll miss you too".....then they just leave without a kiss/hug, i guess it is that whole "spark has expired" out of the moment thing but seriously if you ain't going to see your love for a while, yet in the meantime anything could happen to either of them, surely a kiss or a hug was needed between them rather than just walking off.

Yep "i'll miss you, a lot" "i'll miss you too".....then they just leave without a kiss/hug, i guess it is that whole "spark has expired" out of the moment thing but seriously if you ain't going to see your love for a while, yet in the meantime anything could happen to either of them, surely a kiss or a hug was needed between them rather than just walking off.

To me its fine, leave like that cause we BOTH got big things to do...BUT, you better make me NOTICE when we get back together later on at KM!!!

OR

Leave with a warm hug and a kiss and then I can forgive the distance at KM later because, really in my playthrough, it's only about hour or two later :)

"Hey you!"
"Hey to you too...didn't I just see you like yesterday, I am still sore from that damn lighthouse sex!"
"I know right...I'm gonna go check on Lambert."
"Later..."

:)

Last edited:
I think the scene was supposed to convey that they got caught up in the moment. After the fact they realize again that they have a lot of problems that need to be solved before they can move on with their lives together. It would have came across better if they had a moment to talk and reconnect at Kaer Morhen.

Here is a little something I made for a Geralt, Triss, Yen encounter at Kaer Morhen. NOTICE please do not open is you are get butt hurt easily.

P.S. Please do not start a war over this, we are all adults here, well mostly

Attachments

• Humor1.jpg
    Humor1.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 203
I think the scene was supposed to convey that they got caught up in the moment. After the fact they realize again that they have a lot of problems that need to be solved before they can move on with their lives together. It would have came across better if they had a moment to talk and reconnect at Kaer Morhen.

Yup, they still have lots of heavy lifting to do...I think she realizes that she can't just let the ship sail off like that...she probably goes back to the ship to finish the voyage with them. Seems like she has already seen the house later and gotten her offer as adviser...

I got a message fron Marcin Momot and he said they will look into it. We posted some suggestions on the OP in the last forum and updates in this forum.

I pm Marcin and posted his response earlier today. Thread a moving so fast you will have to do some back tracking to see his reply to my pm. Check pages 198 to 201.

Cheers DaWitcher

Nice to see that the mods responded in a timely manner and locked that inane thread earlier today.

I feel kind of silly for having even replied to it. In the future, I'm just going to let that shit go in one ear and out the other. The mods are right.

To me its fine, leave like that cause we BOTH got big things to do...BUT, you better make me NOTICE when we get back together later on at KM!!!

OR

Leave with a warm hug and a kiss and then I can forgive the distance at KM later because, really in my playthrough, it's only about hour or two later :)

"Hey you!"
"Hey to you too...didn't I just see you like yesterday, I am still sore from that damn lighthouse sex!"
"I know right...I'm gonna go check on Lambert."
"Later..."

:)

Yeah it was one of those moments where they weren't exactly close to their happy ever after and the moment had passed, so it didn't need some interaction, but i have to nitpick at something due to Kaer Morhen lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom