Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Addallquestitems showed me some pretty interesting stuff. Some of them belongs to character that we currently don't have in-game (Referring to Iorveth and Saskia).

Hmm that might be evidence of them being in expansions. Or perhaps just that they were in development but cut from the final game.

CDPR, please reconsider adding Kovir. >.<

Yes!
Isn't it odd how many things in the game have some relation to Kovir? Eskel might be going there, the mage in the tower was from there and tells you to stop by, Triss is going there, I think that new Witcher from the DLC quest mentions Kovir, etc. I should make a tally on how many times Kovir is referenced. It's like they're dropping a hint....

Last edited:
I think what he was trying to say in that interview is it's an issue which they're trying to fix because with how big the game is and how rushed they were in after the first delay gave them a little time to implement some of those options correctly.

Once those options are correctly implemented, we will start playing the game again with big smiles on our faces (I'm hoping there will be a lot of big smiles on Triss's face as well) we defeat The Wild Hunt and we live happily ever after in Kovir.

CDPR, please reconsider adding Kovir. >.<

"I heard Kovir is lovely this time of the year", "I also heard CDPR are epic with requests this time of the year as well".........Come on Kovir expansion!!!!! (one can dream right?)

Yes!
Isn't it odd how many things in the game have some relation to Kovir? Eskel might be going there, the mage in the tower was from there and tells you to stop by, Triss is going there, I think that new Witcher from the DLC quest mentions Kovir, etc. I should make a tally on how many times Kovir is referenced. It's like they're dropping a hint....

There is also a couple of side quests in Velen where Kovir is mentioned and even a mention about how much Witcher's get paid for killing a drowner there......has to be a hint!

I agree. I just hope they acknowledge privately that the disappointment is in no way, shape or form, 'small'. Take this serious, please CDPR. Within the context of the three games (screw the books, I don't want another argument over that) Triss is second only to Geralt. She really deserved better in The Witcher 3.

They know It's not "small", that much I assure you. I'm just hoping that those fixes will cover all the plot holes and inconsistencies. It's only a "small" issue if they're confident, know what they're doing and what must be done to fix it and I believe that they do.

CDPR made all the other RPGs gaming companies look bad with their Witcher series/trilogy and TW3: The Wild Hunt won't end without making sure that their legacy survives doing what others can't do (I think you know who I'm referring to). xD

I'm not expecting a Citadel DLC, I'm expecting something a bit better from the customer support responses *wink wink*.

---------- Updated at 03:02 AM ----------

Morning everyone, just found this fan art....

I like it. There is something special about it.
I found this one yesterday and I liked it a lot too.

Attachments

• tumblr_nq3lvuQmIZ1tfsb0po1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nq3lvuQmIZ1tfsb0po1_1280.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 88
I don't suppose there was a Rose of Remembrance in bloom was there?

I think if the Rose isn't addressed by CDPR the issue could be fixed my mods. Just have it bloom, change the description in the inventory to reflect that, and have the option to give it back to Triss. Boom.

There is also a couple of side quests in Velen where Kovir is mentioned and even a mention about how much Witcher's get paid for killing a drowner there......has to be a hint!

The thing with Kovir is that they could please both Yen and Triss fans by saying Yen goes there as well. The games states that she stays in the north and Kovir is about as north as north goes. They could have Triss be located at her house and Yen could have a fancy room at an inn.

You said it: privately. The interview starts talking about how good the game is, we can't expect him to say that there have been big disappointments with the story. That would have been out of place. Come on, just the fact that he said something about the issue means a lot.

I agree with your statement to some extent. I won't lie and say that my disappointment wasn't "huge", because it really was. However, as the developer was saying. They're a small company who made a very big game and they're trying their best to make it work. The game was successful beyond their imagination and expectations and I don't think they want it to sound less than that by the time it's finally over.

---------- Updated at 03:09 AM ----------

Well at least he talked about the Triss content first, which means that it is one of the biggest complaints with the game, yet used the term 'small polishes', so i am not sure whether to be optimistic or a bit negative about it.....but i think we all have hope they will surprise us

You should be optimistic about it, most of those issues are easily fixed by a well-written script and only two voice actors are needed to accomplish that mission, at least for the most part.

Only thing we need to know is, If they're actually going to call both voice actors to record any new lines.

---------- Updated at 03:20 AM ----------

To be fair to CDPR. I doubt this forum is reflective of everyone who had purchased the game. TW3 sold millions of copies. I doubt over 60% are here in this Triss thread. So it may be that we are simply a vocal minority on the Triss content. If so, it means a great deal that they are even considering us enough to look over their game and see what they can do. I'm not saying be totally positive and expect every demand catered to. For all we know they may simply make a few simple adjustments. But I see no reason to be all doom and gloom over it as well.

Whenever there was a vote going on on about players satisfaction when it comes to Triss's content/romance, the votes were always going in dissatisfied favor between 6 to 1 and 10 to 1. I would say there is a lot of people feeling unsatisfied about it, but not everyone came here to the forums to make an account and express their disappointment. Everyone that I've known who romanced Triss in the previous games was disappointed and most of them didn't bother coming to the forums to express that. As long as the plot holes and consistencies are being fixed, as long as both romance options are equally providing the necessary satisfaction for whoever decide to choose between them, I'm sure people won't complain.

---------- Updated at 03:23 AM ----------

Well, that's how CDPR would become the new Bioware... And I don't buy Bioware games... Not anymore.

I think CDPR deserves a little bit of trust.

I believe they have something good in store for us. When we complained about the lack of romance and sex with Triss to the customer support, we got responses that assured us that those issues will be getting fixed upon the release of the expansions. Most of us got the same responses, so *Fingers crossed*.

---------- Updated at 03:25 AM ----------

This one base on the official artwork by CDPR, but like you i wonder why Triss is burning books :huh:

And in the old thread post picture about Triss is considered off-topic, and we already achieved what we want from that one, so i am glad it closed

:like:

Yeah but I'm thinking, whilst she wouldn't forget what Triss had done, she'd forgive her for it. Yen would, I feel, come around to seeing her point of view.

The interesting thing with Yen is we never see how she interacts with an equal. We see her meek and obedient around the emperor, we see her haughty and superior around normal people, but we don't see much interaction between her and someone at her same level. Rita is too beat up for a normal conversation when Yen is helping her, and her interactions with Triss are all main story business.

I don't mean to bring a Yen topic in here- Triss has the same problem that we don't see her interacting with many friends, though in her case we have Witcher 2 to fill in some gaps.

I don't mean to bring a Yen topic in here- Triss has the same problem that we don't see her interacting with many friends, though in her case we have Witcher 2 to fill in some gaps.

As I said in the old thread I want a scene in Dandelion's inn that is similar to the part in the Witcher 2 where everyone is sitting around a table drinking a talking. It would be a good send off for the characters and we could see them interact with one another. The Witcher 3 needs more character moments like that.

Since the dev replied to our original thread about the inconsistencies and made a commitment to addressing our concerns, it it my observation that we have become too laid back about addressing the inconsistencies concerning Triss and the other characters. I know we've highlighted the major issues but there are many more issues related to inconsistencies we excluded.

We need to continue pointing out inconsistencies in the game and developed possible solutions. If we don't step up our efforts we risk our request/voices getting drown out by noise.

Remember why we started this thread, remember that feeling you got after your first play through with Triss. You want more of
. Let get to work people. Remember what we did in the last forum. We need to repeat and exceed it. We are about 8000 post behind our last record.

Number is not to scale

Attachments

• may-i-have-your-attention-clip-art-669466.gif
    may-i-have-your-attention-clip-art-669466.gif
    32.3 KB · Views: 73
  • T&G3.jpg
    T&G3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 69
I agree, at this point we barely know much about what is coming and they are working on the fixes now....so this isn't the time to just lay back and hope for the best, especially if they keep checking this thread. The more ideas placed here, then they will have a better idea of what exactly we consider the problems (as well as what is on the list). This thread will keep growing, i am sure of it, and i don't believe CDPR are a company just making empty promises to slow us down or anything like that.

Once they share more information about what's getting fixed and what's not. All of us will feel better. A patch note would do really. But you are correct, we should keep on doing what we're doing and carry on with our support.

---------- Updated at 03:42 AM ----------

We've achieved nothing yet. There is no new material, just a vague statement about recognition of consequence of actions.

We need to give them two more months or so, perhaps a bit more. After that we can start asking about the future patch-notes (The patch that's supposed to fix the plot holes and inconsistencies).

---------- Updated at 03:44 AM ----------

Im fine with Yen getting a lot of attention in this game but their definitely needed to be more triss during act 2 and especially act 3. I mean philippa seemed to have a bigger role in act 3 than TRISS, just didn't make sense. Hoping the expansions involve more triss in some way especially if this is the last we see of her in this witcher series.

Exactly. Thank you.

We need to continue pointing out inconsistencies in the game and developed possible solutions. If we don't step up our efforts we risk our request/voices getting drown out by noise...

There is also the risk of becoming pariah on the forum too, an argument could be made that THAT is what some "drop-in posters" who visit this thread are trying to do.

TRUE, if you don't ask for it...you won't get it...just one guys opinion here.

Last edited:
I'm not saying we need to keep hounding but we already know the dev comes in here and read our thread almost daily. If we slow down on our request and demand while the other side is becoming more organize we are going to lose in the end because what we get is going to be far below expectation. We need to tighten our shot groups that all I'm saying.

We already know what we want fix we just need to keep focusing on it and discussing it. Our organization in the last forum was tight and that's why they took notice. We have that here too, but every now and then we throttle down and get drawn into side quests.

Last edited:
Hmm that might be evidence of them being in expansions. Or perhaps just that they were in development but cut from the final game.

That's exactly what I thought once I saw their quest-items. It makes sense to cut them from the game now and give them more relevant content that will makes us feel like "exploring" the new stuff they added and getting back to the game.

Yes!

Yes, Eskel is probably heading to Kovir. Triss probably went there as well before she told us about the house. Dandelion was in Pont Vanis and I can't remember who else went to Lan Exeter. It keeps making me feel that we're supposed to be there. It definitely feels like a part of the game already that we just keep "hearing" about from everyone without being able to go there.

I'm really not expecting them to add all 5 regions of Kovir and Poviss. It will take as much time as Velen took, probably even more considering that the richest and most beautiful cities in The Witcher-World are there.

I'm really hoping that somewhere along the way, they'll consider it.

Another day another dollar...or crown in this case

An updates from the Devs yet today? All I'm seeing in the past pages is the usual...and when does 1.07 hit consoles?

Ah I almost forgot...my contribution for the day :cheers2:

Attachments

• triss_merigold_by_qoiwrng-d8xcc8i.jpg
    triss_merigold_by_qoiwrng-d8xcc8i.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 72
I'm not saying we need to keep hounding but we already know the dev comes in here and read our thread almost daily. If we slow down on our request and demand while the other side is becoming more organize we are going to lose in the end because what we get is going to be far below expectation. We need to tightehn our shot groups that all I'm saying.

And if we NARROW the focus, pick just a FEW things, the POINT gets sharper and the IMPACT of that has more...impact (that was going really well, then pufft...it got Austin Powerish at the end, didn't it?)

But yeah, we need to find a DIRECT focus for what this thread is about and DRIVE that home! Forget all the side things, get it down to a TIGHT 2-3 things and just hammer on that. If we keep the focus broad, we might has well just keep posting pics and wait...

Last edited:
"I heard Kovir is lovely this time of the year", "I also heard CDPR are epic with requests this time of the year as well".........Come on Kovir expansion!!!!! (one can dream right?)

We really should start a topic about it. See if people will be interested or not, I know most of us are. *wink wink*

There is also the risk of becoming pariah on the forum too, an argument could be made that THAT is what some drop-in posters who visit this thread are trying to do. CDPR could take the attitude, "will nothing make them happy?"

A kid keeps asking for ice cream, over and over and over...just a scoop of ice cream daddy...just a scoop and I'll be happy!

"FINE, let me find my keys and we'll go get you some FREAKIN ice cream!!!"

Before the dad can even find the keys the kid starts in with, "AND AND, I want a hot dog and a cheese burger...with FRIES and the I want to stop by the store on the way home and get a new game, that new Witcher game with Triss, shes sooooo hot and..."

"To hell with it...I ain't going anywhere! First it was just ICE CREAM now its want want want...hell no!" And he throws his keys down and goes and takes a nap!

TRUE, if you don't ask for it...you won't get it but, you run the real risk of looking greedy and ungrateful...and all the baggage that entails. Just one guys opinion here.

I couldn't help but laugh at your story, that was great. I think we have been consistent with what we have asked for, and if the devs are following our suggestions than they should have a rough idea of how exactly to go about it... i think as long as it is realistic than CDPR will consider it - i mean we ain't asking for a new game or anything like that but mainly to fix the inconsistencies, maybe have a scene there and maybe have them in the second expansion (but that is their choice, they may already be planned in it).

Ah just read your recent posts so I'm thinking no news today...So I'll just ask my daily question:

If you could pick just two things the REDs HAVE TO (and I mean lives depend on it) fix, what would it be?

For me number 1 is the fact that Triss HAS to be at Kaer Morhen before you ever get there after Now or Never, and number 2 being the lack of a Quest with Triss's assistance or any interaction at all in Act 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom