Status
Not open for further replies.

EDIT reason: Double post.

Attachments

• tumblr_nqhjgqGkWv1rb5arpo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nqhjgqGkWv1rb5arpo1_1280.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Would you still consider the game a success if it ended the way it currently is with all the other inconsistencies?

Well, my marker for a game's success is whether it entertained me, whether I think I got my moneys worth, and whether the experience resonated with me after the credits rolled. Judging by those criteria, yes, I consider the game a success.

The last "open world" RPG that I played before Wild Hunt was Dragon Age Inquisition, and this game does cartwheels over Bioware's "opus." What CDPR managed to accomplish with the quest system was pretty remarkable, in my opinion, and there were some genuine lol moments that still give me a chuckle.

Once they release Hearts of Stone, Blood and Wine, and the promised Triss fixes, I think Wild Hunt is going to feel like an all new game. Really, the size of it is quite staggering.

Once they release Hearts of Stone, Blood and Wine, and the promised Triss fixes, I think Wild Hunt is going to feel like an all new game. Really, the size of it is quite staggering.

I'm actually more excited for these expansions than I am for a lot of new games are coming out.
I just tried to photoshop some long loose hair on Triss to see what it would look like, but not having photoshop made it difficult.....

I think more than 1 additional conversation at this stage feels unrealistic as Yen romance certainly hasn't got that.

We are not asking for it just because we want it to match Yen content, Yen romance option has consistency and it flows with the story plot. Triss romance option is pretty much ignored by the plot and everyone except 3 character and Geralt. With Yen even the bum on the street in skellege thinks you are romancing her. Additiona lines is going to flesh out her role and her relationship with Geralt and Ciri.

Triss role needs to stand out just like Yen role need to stand out, neither character can be second to the other until the player makes the choice to romance one. Triss was practically a card board cutout at Kear Morhen the before the final battle. Triss Merigold from Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 relegated to being a random NPC.

Romantic conversation.....that is what they did right in their relationship but i feel there is room for one more whether it would involve the rose, the details about there future home or before the final battle...i think it is being saved for the second expansion, but back to what you said having her at Kaer Morhen and the chance to interact with her should and could be implemented (so it fits the story).

Definitely. All we ever asked for is to have those extra conversation with Triss as we do with Yennefer (In the events of romancing either one of them) having both of them interacting with you depending on whether if you romanced either one them or not would be perfect. Equality and validation for Triss as a romance option, It's really all we ever asked for. Wherever you can start a conversation with Yenenfer, we should be able to start a conversation in that area with Triss (Since she's out love-interest).

---------- Updated at 07:50 AM ----------
The inconsistencies as I see them.

1. The Rose of Remembrance (Being able to give her back The Rose of Remembrance blooming or in a living condition).

2. Not being able to tell her that we broke up with Yen for good (We should be able to tell her that we broke up with Yen during that conversation where she asks about her during Pyres of Novigrad).

3. Her not being present at Kaer Morhen (She really should be there, we're missing out on the biggest part of their relationship, the reunion after going through all that trouble to find Uma/Ciri).

4. Yennefer's kiss and not being able to kiss Triss after bringing Ciri back to Kaer Morhen (Yes, I wanted to kiss Triss after that to reassure her that nothing is going on behind her back and yes, I wanted to do so in front of Yen, a kiss on Triss's forehead while saying I missed you would do).

5. No interaction with Triss upon our arrival with Ciri to Kaer Morhen (If the previous option 3 is not provided, we really should've been able to interact with Triss, have a meaningful romantic conversation before the battle, it seems only fair since we can interact with Keira before the battle).

6. Geralt running toward Yennefer to embrace one another after the battle for Kaer Morhen. (Triss is my romance option, she should be the one doing that) This is optional of course, in the events of romancing Yennefer, she should be the one running toward Geralt to embrace him after the battle.

7. Ciri's conversation with the Lodge (Triss she be the one present there if she's our love-interest) This is optional and it depends on your choice of romance.

8. Triss providing more information about our house in Pont Vanis as she said she would after saving Philippa.

9. A conversation between Triss, Ciri and Geralt (To make up for her being missing during Avallac'h laboratory or just adding her there with the rest of the family).

10. A Conversation on the boat in Skellige (Being able to interact with her and do anything other than "Well?" sending her with Geralt instead of Philippa to the Elvin Ruins during the Sunstone quest could work).

11. A romantic conversation with her in the tent before the final battle (It's only fair since Yennefer gets one).

12. Triss should be the one saving Geralt instead of Yennefer from The Wild Hunt hounds (After defeating Eredin and she should be the one riding with him to the tower) This is optional and it depends on your choice of romance.

13. Adding a second love/erotic scene to Triss's romance that suits whichever situation, place or moment you see fit.

At the point where all of the mentioned above is provided, we reach the point of having her as a valid romance option, we finally reached (Equality).

Explaining some of the suggestions.

The scenes I suggested replacing depending on your romance choice are three - in two of them Yennefer doesn't say anything.

6. Kaer Morhen: After the battle for Kaer Morhen, she's simply running toward Geralt without saying anything (The embrace part) that one must be replaced in the events of romancing Triss, I don't really see why Geralt would embrace Yennefer if he's romancing Triss (Yennefer fainted on top of Kaer Morhen trying to hold the shield during the battle against The Wild Hunt. While Triss was down there, pretty much next to Geralt. The battle ended, Geralt broke out of the ice that encased him. Suddenly Yennefer is down there and they're running toward one another to embrace near Vesemir's body and next to Ciri) Optional, depends on your choice of romance.

11. Skellige: After the battle with Eredin, Yennefer jumps in to rescue Geralt by using a portal and she pulls out in-time (She doesn't talk in this one either) Optional, depends on your choice of romance.

11. Skellige: Riding to the Tower trying to rescue Ciri after Avallac'h took her (Yennefer talks in this one) she doesn't say anything that could effect the main-plot though. Optional, depends on your choice of romance.

Two of them can simply be handed by replacing the character model of who's doing the rescue or running toward Geralt depending on his romance choice.

Because I still think the one at Kaer Morhen needs replacing depending on your romance choice, there is a few logical reasons that can support my claims which we all witnessed during the battle.

EDIT reason: Update.

Last edited:
Definitely. All we ever asked for is to have those extra conversation with Triss as we do with Yennefer (In the events of romancing either one of them) having both of them interacting with you depending on whether if you romanced either one them or not would be perfect. Equality and validation for Triss as a romance option, It's really all we ever asked for. Wherever you can start a conversation with Yenenfer, we should be able to start a conversation in that area with Triss (Since she's out love-interest).

Yeah equality or as the devs said "consequences of that choice" - to have a lot of scenes play out the same whether you romanced her or not....well it just makes that choice feel redundant to the context of the storyline. I still believe a lot of the things we have asked for and suggested should of been in the game to begin with, if Triss is a romance option for Geralt then it should be validated by the interactions with her (imo), and how others react to it especially those close to them.

---------- Updated at 07:54 AM ----------

Geralt you idiot dont every let her go

Best advice one could give to him.

1. The Rose of Remembrance.
2. Not being able to tell her that we broke up with Yen for good.
3. Her not being present at Kaer Morhen.
4. Yennefer's kiss and not being able to kiss Triss after (Yes, I wanted to kiss her after that to reassure her that nothing is going on behind her back and yes, I wanted to do in front of Yen).
5. No interaction with her upon our arrival with Ciri to Kaer Morhen.
6. Geralt running toward Yennefer to embrace one another after the battle. (Triss is my romance option, she should be the one doing that).
7. Ciri's conversation with the Lodge (Triss she be the one present there if she's our love-interest).
8. Triss providing more information about our house in Pont Vanis as she said she would after saving Philippa.
9. A conversation between Triss, Ciri and Geralt (To make her for her being missing during Avallac'h laboratory or just adding her there).
10. A Conversation on the boat in Skellige (Being able to interact with her and do anything other than "Well?").
11. A romantic conversation with her in the tent before the final battle (It's only fair since Yennefer gets one).

Hitting the nail in the head :clap:, pretty straight forward. Triss was so important to Geralt in the last game that he slaughter an entire Nilfgaardian camp to save her. The rose he give her is dead for some weird reason. They broke up ok got it, but it stays dead after he confess his love for her. Need I say more the list in the OP and above is pretty clear.

With Yen even the bum on the street in skellege thinks you are romancing her..

I agree with you with most points but this one - I think that Geralt and Yennefer are kinda "famous" from Dandelion's songs - like more over a decade. So that's why probably some NPCs in Skellige recognising it - Cerys or Hjalmar know the songs from their childhood etc. - I think it is nothing about the romance choice.

1. The Rose of Remembrance (Being able to give her back The Rose of Remembrance.

2. Not being able to tell her that we broke up with Yen for good (We should be able to tell her that we broke up with Yen during that conversation where she asks about her).

3. Her not being present at Kaer Morhen (She really should be there, we're missing out on the biggest part of their relationship, the reunion after going through all that trouble to find Ciri).

4. Yennefer's kiss and not being able to kiss Triss after (Yes, I wanted to kiss her after that to reassure her that nothing is going on behind her back and yes, I wanted to do in front of Yen).

5. No interaction with her upon our arrival with Ciri to Kaer Morhen (If the previous option is not provided, we really should've been able to interact with Triss, it seems only fair since we can interact with Keira before the battle).

6. Geralt running toward Yennefer to embrace one another after the battle. (Triss is my romance option, she should be the one doing that).

7. Ciri's conversation with the Lodge (Triss she be the one present there if she's our love-interest).

9. A conversation between Triss, Ciri and Geralt (To make her for her being missing during Avallac'h laboratory or just adding her there).

10. A Conversation on the boat in Skellige (Being able to interact with her and do anything other than "Well?").

12. Triss should be the one saving Geralt instead of Yennefer from The Wild Hunt hounds (After defeating Eredin and she should be the one riding with him to the tower)

At the point where all of the mentioned above is provided, we reach the point of having her as a valid romance option, again we reached (Equality).

I agree with pretty much all of this except maybe #7. I think it actually made sense for Yen to be there since she is Ciri's mother figure.

I agree with you with most points but this one - I think that Geralt and Yennefer are kinda "famous" from Dandelion's songs - like more over a decade. So that's why probably some NPCs in Skellige recognising it - Cerys or Hjalmar know the songs from their childhood etc. - I think it is nothing about the romance choice.

This is a valid point but it's kinda weird how in the Witcher 1 & 2 some NPCs knew that Geralt and Triss were in a relationship but now in the third game they don't recognize who you are in a relationship with. I don't expect every NPC to know, but a few would be nice.

Last edited:

1. The Rose of Remembrance (Being able to give her back The Rose of Remembrance.

2. Not being able to tell her that we broke up with Yen for good (We should be able to tell her that we broke up with Yen during that conversation where she asks about her).

3. Her not being present at Kaer Morhen (She really should be there, we're missing out on the biggest part of their relationship, the reunion after going through all that trouble to find Ciri).

5. No interaction with her upon our arrival with Ciri to Kaer Morhen (If the previous option is not provided, we really should've been able to interact with Triss, it seems only fair since we can interact with Keira before the battle).

12. Triss should be the one saving Geralt instead of Yennefer from The Wild Hunt hounds (After defeating Eredin and she should be the one riding with him to the tower)

At the point where all of the mentioned above is provided, we reach the point of having her as a valid romance option, again we reached (Equality).

awesome list, ty, I'd settle for that

I agree with pretty much all of this except maybe #7. I think it actually made sense for Yen to be there since she is Ciri's mother figure.

I would agree with you, but we'll have to disagree on this one. Triss got blamed for everything when it comes to the Lodge, she was the one who tried to help her through them before. It makes more sense imo to include her in that conversation more than Yennefer and I repeat (depending on which one is your love-internest, whoever you romanced should be present). Or at least have her present during that conversation.

Also, if we use our fair judgement about who knows more about the sorceress of The Lodge and their intentions, you will just validate Triss's presence more than Yennefer's (But I'm not saying that) It should be dependent on your choice of romance/love-interest.

Last edited:

You got a point but it still smack you in the face everywhere you go in skellege and no option to tell Cerys that Triss and I are together. You have to pretty much listen to her go on an on and on. I almost lost it. lol

I want to play this game again so bad! But Triss's romance is still incomplete.
Hmm, maybe I will play again and choose Yen, and then after the fixes and dlcs, I will play it again choosing Triss in on all her glory!
LE: Neah, I really dislike Yen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom