Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope and I think we are all adults here - and that we can peacefully discuss suggestions and different opinions about the characters we like. I'm sure most of us can be friends here :)

Of course, my apologize, discuss whatever you feel like discussing.

In the moment you suggest to changes that should imply a change in Yen's mother role the exclusivity is broken. And it still not a private forum. It's public, And I can give my opinion about your suggestion... or some of you are saying I'm having prohibited this possibility unless I'd break any rules of the forum?

You haven't broken any rules and your opinions are welcome anytime.

What we ask is for other to see things from out point of view and we are willing to look at it from your point of view. Compromise. I am b no means trying to replace YEN with Triss as a motherly figure.

The list posted was a draft to get feedback so we can update it and put on our OP somehow every got it twisted and decide to raised hell about it in another forum. Its not that serious.

Definitely. All we ever asked for is to have those extra conversation with Triss as we do with Yennefer (In the events of romancing either one of them) having both of them interacting with you depending on whether if you romanced either one them or not would be perfect. Equality and validation for Triss as a romance option, It's really all we ever asked for. Wherever you can start a conversation with Yenenfer, we should be able to start a conversation in that area with Triss (Since she's out love-interest).

---------- Updated at 07:50 AM ----------
The inconsistencies as I see them.

1. The Rose of Remembrance (Being able to give her back The Rose of Remembrance).

2. Not being able to tell her that we broke up with Yen for good (We should be able to tell her that we broke up with Yen during that conversation where she asks about her during Pyres of Novigrad).

3. Her not being present at Kaer Morhen (She really should be there, we're missing out on the biggest part of their relationship, the reunion after going through all that trouble to find Uma/Ciri).

4. Yennefer's kiss and not being able to kiss Triss after (Yes, I wanted to kiss her after that to reassure her that nothing is going on behind her back and yes, I wanted to do in front of Yen).

5. No interaction with her upon our arrival with Ciri to Kaer Morhen (If the previous option is not provided, we really should've been able to interact with Triss, it seems only fair since we can interact with Keira before the battle).

6. Geralt running toward Yennefer to embrace one another after the battle. (Triss is my romance option, she should be the one doing that).

7. Ciri's conversation with the Lodge (Triss she be the one present there if she's our love-interest).

8. Triss providing more information about our house in Pont Vanis as she said she would after saving Philippa.

9. A conversation between Triss, Ciri and Geralt (To make up for her being missing during Avallac'h laboratory or just adding her there with the rest of the family).

10. A Conversation on the boat in Skellige (Being able to interact with her and do anything other than "Well?").

11. A romantic conversation with her in the tent before the final battle (It's only fair since Yennefer gets one).

12. Triss should be the one saving Geralt instead of Yennefer from The Wild Hunt hounds (After defeating Eredin and she should be the one riding with him to the tower)

At the point where all of the mentioned above is provided, we reach the point of having her as a valid romance option, we finally reached (Equality).

EDIT reason: Update.

Realistically I can’t see us getting all of 1,8,10 & 11.
I think the rose should be returned as part of the final dialogue on the boat/tent. I don’t think the details of Pont Vanis particularly need addressing. Yen’s final conversation is the equivalent of Triss fountain scene so realistically getting one additional dialogue on the boat which would address the rose and the battle to come would be a considerable equalising achievement.

Regarding 2, as I’m already mentioned I disagree as it would negatively impinge upon Novigrad Triss Arc. It’s not like there’s a comparative scene involving Yen, mentioning you let Triss go for good.

Regarding 3, yes Kaer Morhen is a huge issue. Fixing Kaer Morhen would go a long way to equalising the experience. It’s here the Yen romance gets all the additional reaction and content.

Equally 4, Yen kiss & lack of difference in this scene is another thing that contributes to feeling of world not recognising Triss romance

Regarding 5, if 3 & 4 are addressed in any manner it wouldn’t be needed to be able to speak to her at this stage.

Regarding 6, there’s no embrace post battle. Yen does put her arm on his shoulder. I suppose I can understand the desire to have Triss do that instead but it isn’t something that has particularly exorcised me. It’s not a romantic gesture in the slightest and Yen providing a moment of sympathy isn’t something I mind seeing despite him being her ex.

I strongly disagree with 7, attempts to shoehorn Triss into the lodge meeting. Yen is Ciri’s mother and it is right that she is there. attempts to substitute Triss for Yen make no sense imo. I don’t think Suggesting removing Yen serves our cause well at all.

Equally with 9, Triss doesn’t make sense at Avallac’h lab. I wouldn’t mind her having more conversation with Ciri but since that’s a big issue with Yen romancers it certainly isn’t a major priority imo to equalise experience

Equally with 10. It is understandable for Yen to be there trying to get to her daughter Ciri. I’d accept the notion of Triss being there too but excluding Yen is a big no no imo.

Equally with 9, Triss doesn’t make sense at Avallac’h lab. I wouldn’t mind her having more conversation with Ciri but since that’s a big issue with Yen romancers it certainly isn’t a major priority imo to equalise experience
Agree with this also :p Yen should definitely be at Avallac’h lab. But Triss can be added to "The Sunstone" quest, makes more sense.

12. Triss should be the one saving Geralt instead of Yennefer from The Wild Hunt hounds (After defeating Eredin and she should be the one riding with him to the tower)
Why should Triss save Geralt? Is there any indication in the plot that this scene is in any way related to Geralt's potential romance option?
Triss riding with Geralt to the tower is an even worse suggestion because Yen does this in her role as Ciri's mother figure who would do everything to save her and not as Geralt's love interest.
I think you would get much more support if you stop trying to change the plot just for the sake to add more romance time between Geralt and Triss and stop to ignore the special relationship between Ciri and Yen or try to invent a mother/daughter relationship between Triss and Ciri, which never existed.

Originally Posted by Pryce68
Definitely. All we ever asked for is to have those extra conversation with Triss as we do with Yennefer (In the events of romancing either one of them) having both of them interacting with you depending on whether if you romanced either one them or not would be perfect. Equality and validation for Triss as a romance option, It's really all we ever asked for. Wherever you can start a conversation with Yenenfer, we should be able to start a conversation in that area with Triss (Since she's out love-interest).

---------- Updated at 07:50 AM ----------
The inconsistencies as I see them.

1. The Rose of Remembrance (Being able to give her back The Rose of Remembrance).

2. Not being able to tell her that we broke up with Yen for good (We should be able to tell her that we broke up with Yen during that conversation where she asks about her during Pyres of Novigrad).

3. Her not being present at Kaer Morhen (She really should be there, we're missing out on the biggest part of their relationship, the reunion after going through all that trouble to find Uma/Ciri).

4. Yennefer's kiss and not being able to kiss Triss after (Yes, I wanted to kiss her after that to reassure her that nothing is going on behind her back and yes, I wanted to do in front of Yen).

5. No interaction with her upon our arrival with Ciri to Kaer Morhen (If the previous option is not provided, we really should've been able to interact with Triss, it seems only fair since we can interact with Keira before the battle).

6. Geralt running toward Yennefer to embrace one another after the battle. (Triss is my romance option, she should be the one doing that).

7. Ciri's conversation with the Lodge (Triss she be the one present there if she's our love-interest).

8. Triss providing more information about our house in Pont Vanis as she said she would after saving Philippa.

9. A conversation between Triss, Ciri and Geralt (To make up for her being missing during Avallac'h laboratory or just adding her there with the rest of the family).

10. A Conversation on the boat in Skellige (Being able to interact with her and do anything other than "Well?").

11. A romantic conversation with her in the tent before the final battle (It's only fair since Yennefer gets one).

At the point where all of the mentioned above is provided, we reach the point of having her as a valid romance option, we finally reached (Equality).

EDIT reason: Update.
I support 1,8,10 & 11 with my heart, the other ones not very important for me

So, it's not a romance issue but Triss' fan demand, because the original story line creaated by CDPR is simple. Ciri's Mother searching witcher for saving both daughter and do it. Having romance o not between both of them or with Triss or Keira or with no one is absolutly nothing to do with the main plot.

So, Triis and Yen should must be remove in some scenes because the player who choose dont have any romance? Is it that how it works?

Sorry for my rough looks. English is not my language, but I try.

Regarding 2, as I’m already mentioned I disagree as it would negatively impinge upon Novigrad Triss Arc. It’s not like there’s a comparative scene involving Yen, mentioning you let Triss go for good.

Only if the player decide to do Novagrad first. Nothing say we have to complete Novagrad before Skellege. I prefer to complete Skellege before Novagrad, its an open world so we are free to do it however we like.

Equally with 10. It is understandable for Yen to be there trying to get to her daughter Ciri. I’d accept the notion of Triss being there too but excluding Yen is a big no no imo.

I dont think anyone want to remove Yen from the boat

---------- Updated at 10:19 AM ----------

So, it's not a romance issue but Triss' fan demand, because the original story line creaated by CDPR is simple. Ciri's Mother searching witcher for saving both daughter and do it. Having romance o not between both of them or with Triss or Keira or with no one is absolutly nothing to do with the main plot.

So, Triis and Yen should must be remove in some scenes because the player who choose dont have any romance? Is it that how it works?

Sorry for my rough looks. English is not my language, but I try.

You are missing the point, that is not what everyone want. Like i said the list was a draft, somehow everyone is treating it like its law. Never thought a simple list is going to start fire in the camp.

Why should Triss save Geralt? Is there any indication in the plot that this scene is in any way related to Geralt's potential romance option?
Triss riding with Geralt to the tower is an even worse suggestion because Yen does this in her role as Ciri's mother figure who would do everything to save her and not as Geralt's love interest.
I think you would get much more support if you stop trying to change the plot just for the sake to add more romance time between Geralt and Triss and stop to ignore the special relationship between Ciri and Yen or try to invent a mother/daughter relationship between Triss and Ciri, which never existed.

Your point is valid, yes. I don't see it as a problem for anyone who romanced Yennefer because she will be the one saving him and riding with him to the tower instead. Triss is also an older sister to Ciri and no one will be getting past the shield, no one other than Geralt that is. I really don't think it makes any impact whatsoever on the plot. But that's just simply my own opinion.

I'm not a developer and I'm not one of the game designers, simply giving a suggestion and adding it to a list.

EDIT reason: Typos.

Last edited:

Why should Yen save Geralt ? this is the battlefield, if Triss see Geralt first that mean she is the one who save him, and Triss will do anything to save Ciri as a sister too. Still, i don't have problem with Yen help Geralt to the tower, just want to state my opinion

Only if the player decide to do Novagrad first. Nothing say we have to complete Novagrad before Skellege. I prefer to complete Skellege before Novagrad, its an open world so we are free to do it however we like.

I dont think anyone want to remove Yen from the boat

---------- Updated at 10:19 AM ----------

You are missing the point, that is not what everyone want. Like i said the list was a draft, somehow everyone is treating it like its law. Never thought a simple list is going to start fire in the camp.

Well as long as I can see, and the RED points given, it doesn't seems just a simple list :)

Well as long as I can see, and the RED points given, it doesn't seems just a simple list

It's a list of suggestions from the community condensed into a list to simplify what most people here think could be changed in order to improve the consistency and quality of the game. Nothing more.

I don’t think Suggesting removing Yen serves our cause well at all.

It was stated as optional (Hence why I added "If she's our love-interest").

The rest will be up for the developers to decide, we're merely giving away suggestions and in none of them I said to "remove" Yennefer and "add" Triss in all of them however, I said that changing one character with another depending on who you romanced is more logical.

ATTENTION EVERYONE I REMOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT YEN SO EVERYONE SHOULD BE HAPPY NOW.

TRISS INCONSISTENCIES

Areas we like to see improve base on the previous thread. I added a little detail based on recent inputs from the current thread.

Suggested fixes requires very minimum and in most cases no new scenes, just minor tweaks to existing visuals and dialogue.

1. ROSE OF REMEMBRANCE: Be able to give it back to Triss at some point preferably before final battle.

2. NOVAGRAD: Not being able to tell her that we broke up with Yen for good (We should be able to tell her that we broke up with Yen during that conversation where she asks about her). If the player choose to complete skellege first

-Triss providing more information about our house in Pont Vanis as she said she would after saving Philippa.

3. KAER MORHEN: Her not being present at Kaer Morhen (She really should be there, we are missing out on the biggest part of their relationship, the reunion). Have some interaction with the characters at kaer morhen and have Triss talk to Geralt about kiss-or Geralt reassure Triss after the Yen kiss (scene tweak - instead of saying good to see you, he should walk up to her kiss/hug her if romanced).

-Ciri and Triss need some dialogue at Kaer Morhen or on boat they don't speak to each other except for the hug at Kaer Morhen.

-During the Witcher drinking session with Lambert and Eskel if Geralt romance Triss, dialogue option should allow him to discuss it with his fellow Witchers. (No changes to scene just dialogue tweak/addition and Triss presense).

-It would be nice for Vesemir to acknowledge their relationship before he falls in battle if Geralt romance Triss.

-And for the love of Witcher consistency please have Triss be at Kaer Morhen when Geralt invite her and not show up later after Geralt brings Ciri and then credit Yen for it.

-Vesemir funeral scene can be tweaked to have Geralt's love interest comfort him a little like he comforted Ciri. Nothing major and does not require major scene changes just minor tweaks and dialogue. (Very significant because of Geralt and Vesemir relation like father and son)

-Lastly, may be too much but, Geralt and Triss can have a meaningful scene at kaer morhen. Does not have to be another romantic scene, can be discussion about future plans at the table with the other witchers (Minor scene tweak)

4. ISLE OF MIST: During the Isle of Mist when Geralt and Ciri are having their little conversation about her journey through world's, have Ciri ask him about what's been happening with him. Perfect time to talk about Geralt and Triss relationship and his decision to be with her if Geralt romance Triss. (No scene change just more dialogue).

5. BOAT/FINAL BATTLE PREPARATIONS/FINAL BATTLE: Have some dialog about Kovir and their future plans on the boat, it is the perfect place for Triss and Geralt to hash out those details she promised they'll discuss later (Dialogue mostly)

-A Conversation on the boat in Skellige (Being able to interact with her and do anything other than "Well?").

-A romantic conversation with her in the tent before the final battle (If Geralt romance her). "Good luck" from Triss to Geralt before the final battle does not adequately portray a lovers concern for the severity and dangers of the coming battle.

-A conversation between Triss and Geralt about alvin note.

6. WORLD ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF PLAYER CHOICE: NPC acknowledges player choices and romantic interest or have the dialogue option to correct/inform them. (Cerys and other Characters like her)

At the point where all of the mentioned above is provided, we reach the point of having her as a valid romance option, again we reached (Equality).

@abex81 Updated

Play Nice people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom