Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, it's not a romance issue but Triss' fan demand, because the original story line creaated by CDPR is simple. Ciri's Mother searching witcher for saving both daughter and do it. Having romance o not between both of them or with Triss or Keira or with no one is absolutly nothing to do with the main plot.

So, Triis and Yen should must be remove in some scenes because the player who choose dont have any romance? Is it that how it works?

Sorry for my rough looks. English is not my language, but I try.

You're point is valid, yes. When it comes to romance in-general. None of them will have an impact on the main-story line. I can assure you that much, because on the event of not romancing either Yennefer or Triss, Yennefer will still be there most of the time and doing those decisions by default.

All I was trying to say was, Triss could take on the role of helping Geralt instead of Yennefer in some of those events where you romanced Triss.

I wasn't suggesting to remove Yennefer. I was simply saying that it would be more logical if my choice of romance was the one doing more appearance in some of the situations that doesn't effect the main-plot. Both sorceresses can open portals, teleport and ride horses. I don't see why one of them is less valid than the other.

Your point is valid, yes. I don't see it as a problem for anyone who romanced Yennefer because she will be the one saving him and riding with him to the tower instead. Triss is also an older sister to Ciri and no one will be getting past the shield, no one other than Geralt that is. I really doesn't think it makes any impact whatsoever on the plot. But that's just simply my own opinion.

I'm not a developer and I'm not one of the game designers, simply giving a suggestion and adding it to a list.

This is a problem, because you want to change a part of the plot(and cut Yennefer out of it)just to add more romance time, when it doesn't make any sense. There is absolutely no reason why Geralt's LI choice should affect this scene in the first place. You are marginalizing the intention of the developers to tell this particular part of the story by saying that they should just replace Yen and with Triss because appearantly it doesn't matter that the the woman Yennefer does what she does but just the woman who fucks with Geralt. Let's pretend Keira would participate in that battle. If we only "romanced" her, would you replace Yen with Keira too?
On a sidenote. I romanced Triss on my plathrought and wouldn't want to Triss to replace Yen during that scene just because I romanced her, so I would have been affected.

If Triss role as Ciri's "older sister" should give her any special treatment is highly questionable, considering her role as a lodge member and the lodges plans with Ciri. It's not debatable on the other hand that Yennefer's and Ciri's relationship is much deeper than Triss and Ciri's. Any change, which would weaken the bond between Yen and Ciri is a big no-go.

This is a problem, because you want to change a part of the plot(and cut Yennefer out of it)just to add more romance time, when it doesn't make any sense. There is absolutely no reason why Geralt's LI choice should affect this scene in the first place. You are marginalazing the intention of the developers to tell this particular part of the story by saying that they should just replace Yen and with Triss because appearantly it doesn't matter that the the woman Yennefer does what she does but just the woman who fucks with Geralt. Let's pretend Keira would participate in that battle. If we only "romanced" her, would you replace Yen with Keira too?
On a sidenote. I romanced Triss on my plathrought and wouldn't want to Triss to replace Yen during that scene just because I romanced her, so I would have been affected.

If Triss role as Ciri's "older sister" should give her any special treatment is highly questionable, considering her role as a lodge member and the lodges plans with Ciri. It's not debatable on the other hand that Yennefer's and Ciri's relationship is much deeper than Triss and Ciri's. Any change, which would weaken the bond between Yen and Ciri is a big no-go.

At what point did you see me say "cut or remove"? I said "replace" and that choice is optional and it highly depends on your romance option. Also, whoever saves you and open a way into the tower have no impact on the plot whatsoever. What happens inside does. But I understand what you're trying to see and I respect your point of view.

This is a problem, because you want to change a part of the plot(and cut Yennefer out of it)just to add more romance time, when it doesn't make any sense. There is absolutely no reason why Geralt's LI choice should affect this scene in the first place. You are marginalizing the intention of the developers to tell this particular part of the story by saying that they should just replace Yen and with Triss because appearantly it doesn't matter that the the woman Yennefer does what she does but just the woman who fucks with Geralt. Let's pretend Keira would participate in that battle. If we only "romanced" her, would you replace Yen with Keira too?

Ok you can drop it now. Nobody wants to make Triss CIris mom the list has been updated that horse is dead we already beat to death.

The famous book quote: Lodge plan for Ciri again. Triss grow up in the game and see the true intention of the Lodge so she left them.

For Yen, CDPR should add more interaction between she and Ciri (include Geralt too?) in act 2 and 3, the only thing will make Yen fan happy. While us have many issue to solve ...

At what point did you see me say "cut or remove"? I said "replace" and that choice is optional and it highly depends on your romance option. Also, whoever saves you and open a way into the tower have no impact on the plot whatsoever. What happens inside does. But I understand what you're trying to see and I respect your point of view.
If you replace Yen with Triss, Yen is automatically cut for the people who romanced Triss. Most people won't do a second playthrough with different choices. And I still don't understand why your LI choice should influence this scene in the first place. "Because more romance" isn't a valid argument as this can be achieved in many different ways without changing parts of the story.. (and I like most of your suggestions)

Elven bath.

ATTENTION EVERYONE I REMOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT YEN SO EVERYONE SHOULD BE HAPPY NOW.

TRISS INCONSISTENCIES

Areas we like to see improve base on the previous thread. I added a little detail based on recent inputs from the current thread.

Suggested fixes requires very minimum and in most cases no new scenes, just minor tweaks to existing visuals and dialogue.

1. ROSE OF REMEMBRANCE: Be able to give it back to Triss at some point preferably before final battle.

2. NOVAGRAD: Not being able to tell her that we broke up with Yen for good (We should be able to tell her that we broke up with Yen during that conversation where she asks about her). If the player choose to complete skellege first

-Triss providing more information about our house in Pont Vanis as she said she would after saving Philippa.

3. KAER MORHEN: Her not being present at Kaer Morhen (She really should be there, we are missing out on the biggest part of their relationship, the reunion). Have some interaction with the characters at kaer morhen and have Triss talk to Geralt about kiss-or Geralt reassure Triss after the Yen kiss (scene tweak - instead of saying good to see you, he should walk up to her kiss/hug her if romanced).

-Ciri and Triss need some dialogue at Kaer Morhen or on boat they don't speak to each other except for the hug at Kaer Morhen.

-During the Witcher drinking session with Lambert and Eskel if Geralt romance Triss, dialogue option should allow him to discuss it with his fellow Witchers. (No changes to scene just dialogue tweak/addition and Triss presense).

-It would be nice for Vesemir to acknowledge their relationship before he falls in battle if Geralt romance Triss.

-And for the love of Witcher consistency please have Triss be at Kaer Morhen when Geralt invite her and not show up later after Geralt brings Ciri and then credit Yen for it.

-Vesemir funeral scene can be tweaked to have Geralt's love interest comfort him a little like he comforted Ciri. Nothing major and does not require major scene changes just minor tweaks and dialogue. (Very significant because of Geralt and Vesemir relation like father and son)

-Lastly, may be too much but, Geralt and Triss can have a meaningful scene at kaer morhen. Does not have to be another romantic scene, can be discussion about future plans at the table with the other witchers (Minor scene tweak)

4. ISLE OF MIST: During the Isle of Mist when Geralt and Ciri are having their little conversation about her journey through world's, have Ciri ask him about what's been happening with him. Perfect time to talk about Geralt and Triss relationship and his decision to be with her if Geralt romance Triss. (No scene change just more dialogue).

5. BOAT/FINAL BATTLE PREPARATIONS/FINAL BATTLE: Have some dialog about Kovir and their future plans on the boat, it is the perfect place for Triss and Geralt to hash out those details she promised they'll discuss later (Dialogue mostly)

-A Conversation on the boat in Skellige (Being able to interact with her and do anything other than "Well?").

-A romantic conversation with her in the tent before the final battle (If Geralt romance her). "Good luck" from Triss to Geralt before the final battle does not adequately portray a lovers concern for the severity and dangers of the coming battle.

-A conversation between Triss and Geralt about alvin note.

6. WORLD ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF PLAYER CHOICE: NPC acknowledges player choices and romantic interest or have the dialogue option to correct/inform them. (Cerys and other Characters like her)

At the point where all of the mentioned above is provided, we reach the point of having her as a valid romance option, again we reached (Equality).

@abex81 Updated

Play Nice people

+ I maintain that Triss should have another love scene otherwise Yen bias still exists.
+ I don't see how Alvin has bearing on the main plot. He wasn't discussed in the whole of The Witcher 2 as I remember?
+ Triss needs to accompany you on a mission in Act 3. Either a new one, or replace Phillipa in the Sunstone.
+ As we discussed last night, Triss and Yen should have a confrontation over her sleeping with Geralt for close to a year, taking advantage of his memory loss (as Yen would see it) and stealing him from her (as Yen would see it). What you put in the screenshots last night was pretty close to perfect for this. It's preposterous to assume that wouldn't happen.

Rest I completely agree with.

And for Heaven's sake, CDPR, if the DLC with Shani is not self contained and somewhere you vist as part of the main quest, if you don't have the option to romance Shani (or even if you do), have her recognise you're in a relationship with either Triss or Yen. Don't make the same mistakes twice.

It was stated as optional (Hence why I added "If she's our love-interest").

The rest will be up for the developers to decide, we're merely giving away suggestions and in none of them I said to "remove" Yennefer and "add" Triss in all of them however, I said that changing one character with another depending on who you romanced is more logical.

It's not about your suggestion being romance optional, its about those scenes being fitting for Yen to be present regardless of who you romance.
I want improved romantic content for Triss but not forced into sequences that have nothing to do with the romance and everything to do with Yen's mother relationship with Ciri.

If you replace Yen with Triss, Yen is automatically cut for the people who romanced Triss. Most people won't do a second playthrough with different choices. And I still don't understand why your LI choice should influence this scene in the first place. "Because more romance" isn't a valid argument as this can be achieved in many different ways without changing parts of the story.. (and I like most of your suggestions)

I made sure to add "Optional" to all the choices that was meant as such on the list. If it doesn't matter why your love-interest impacts that choice then it doesn't matter who saved you in the first place. Which will probably go by default to Yennefer (Since thats what happens anyway even in the event of not romancing either).

There is no arguments happening whatsoever, merely an exchange of ideas and thoughts. I understand that my point of view for making this choice dependent on your love-interest could be invalid and in that case I'm sure that it won't matter anyway.

If it offends you in anyway, I'll edit it for you (I really have no hard feelings toward Yennefer or anyone else).

Because Yen gets to accompany you on every mission in Skellige and the trip to Avallach's lab. I've been through it before; she's involved to a greater or lesser degree in around fourteen different missions throughout the game. It provides an easy way of providing Triss content in Act 3 nd having Triss in it would allow an opportunity to discuss their future if you're in a romance.. The area exists so doesn't require a new one to be made.

I mean seriously, think about this. Phillipa, the person who subjugated Sasskia, tormented Radovid as a child, lead a coup against Sorcers and gets involved in the assassination of monarchs and this is the person Geralt's going to let near his daughter? Why on earth would Phillipa, arch schemer blurt out her plans to Geralt of all people?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom