Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, please feel free not to prove your argument.
So living in peaceful ignorance then?
I was not asking about being rude or posting insults, I was merely asking for actual information. A discussion can be held without emotion, it's actually better that way. Let the facts and the information speak for themselves.

For me, the Rose represents a lot of wasted potential that could've been used to solve some inconsistencies. If CDPR just replaced the 'Good luck' with a cutscene before the final battle where Geralt gives it back to Triss it would've probably made a lot of people happy and it would've (partly) fixed the lack of interaction in Act 3. Right now, the Rose is just included to make the player feel sad, depressed and disappointed, feelings that don't go away during the entire romance.

I didn't feel "depressed and disappointed" at the end of the game. Like I said before, the emotional well-being of my Geralt are not dependent upon the condition of a piece of shrubbery. Would I like to see more Triss added to the game? Sure, you bet, but the game was not ruined for me simply because her character arc fizzles in places. Wild Hunt isn't about Yennefer or Triss, it's about Geralt reclaiming his relationship with his daughter and Ciri developing into her own person.

Also, it's pretty hard to feel depressed when Geralt ends up spending the rest of his life with a hot red head in Kovir, eating her baked goods, throwing parties, and living off her copious amounts of wealth. Well, at least that's how it ended for me.

Actually, please feel free not to prove your argument. I am sick of these pointless debates. Saying things like "Yen took center stage not because of her importance but because of fan service" is what led to the previous Triss thread being closed and the countless flame wars which having been dominating these forums.

I think Yenn deserved the prominent role which she had in the game, and it wasn't fan service, she was integral to the overall narrative. Yes, Triss deserves more, and the devs are working on that, but it doesn't help our case when people start criticizing CDPR's decisions.

I guess they felt it was time to have Yenn and Geralt make up for lost time? Let me know if that mad sense or none at all. I'll try to type words better lol

Even that may be asking too much because they already said no new cut scenes.

Did they say that literally? All I know is that they said they would not call the fixes 'new content'. I don't consider a cutscene or two 'new content'.
Anyway, I was just showing what could have been done with the Rose, I'm not asking them to do that (okay, maybe a little... :3).

By it self the kiss is not a real big deal, combine with the game ignoring Triss arc and the lack of response from Geral and the game basically going like you are with Yen even when you clearly break up with her the kiss then becomes another issues that is tossed in your face.

I know for a fact that if my ex kissed me in front of my wife regardless of situation if I didn't fix it right there I be a dead man. It's not about trust it's about a certain level of respect.

In the game world it's about the respect for player choice. At least give the payer the chance to stop or accept the kiss. The game gives us timed choices in many areas why not there. It's because the never intended to have Triss because no one pushed hard enough for her to play a meaningful role in this game. Yen took center stage not because of her importance but because of fan service and strong support from her fans when support folsom Triss fan fell.

Exactly. You'd expect Geralt to at least say to Triss "I'm er, sorry about that" to which she may reply "It's fine, it's not you I'm annoyed at" or "it's fine, it was understandable in the circumstances" or any manner of different things. Leaving it makes it the Elephant in the room which wouldn't be healthy for any relationship.

Can't even speak the truth anymore without someone screaming bloody murder. I lend my support to the previous thread and this thread but all along the way people's been having doubts because they know there is some validity to what we say.

No one is criticizing anyone decision. You know what you are right this is nonsense. You won't hear another word from me. Good luck in all your future endeavors Team Triss.

I rest my case, Da Witcher out

So living in peaceful ignorance then?
I was not asking about being rude or posting insults, I was merely asking for actual information. A discussion can be held without emotion, it's actually better that way. Let the facts and the information speak for themselves.

I'm on your side, @Vargeras, so don't try and bait me. I was saying in my previous post that claiming Yennefer has a large role in the game due to fan service is inaccurate and counter-productive. This "discussion" has occurred about three dozen times already in this thread. If you want to see it, just scroll back over the last 300 or so pages.

Also, it's pretty hard to feel depressed when Geralt ends up spending the rest of his life with a hot red head in Kovir, eating her baked goods, throwing parties, and living off her copious amounts of wealth. Well, at least that's how it ended for me.

LOL yeah, when you think about it, Geralt of Rivia has to be the luckiest guy alive. I mean here he is with two of the hottest women on the planet competing for his attentions. That's better than winning the lottery! ;)

Outside of her three personal quests, Triss is largely relegated to being a background NPC. If this was a stand alone game that's not going to be a major issue but it's not a stand alone game. In The Witcher, Triss was one of two romance choices (the other being Shani who hasn't featured since). In The Witcher 2, she's the only romance choice and is portrayed as the love of Geralt's life - although it's not that simple because Yennefer was previously the love of his life so it's a love triangle they all find themselves in. The player can choose to break up with her if he wants though, if he wants to role play as preferring Yennefer.

The problem for us is that sine many of us chose Triss in both the previous games, having her relegated to a background NPC was never going to go down well with us. The reasons are different - some because they love the character, others because they see it as disrespectful of their previous choices, but all of us agree we want it fixed. CDPR released a very vague statement saying they acknowledge there are issues surrounding her but have thus far decided not to go in to any detail.

What we are attempting to do is present them with ideas on how we feel she can be improved and put on the same level as Yennefer is in the game. I hope that answers your question. Welcome to the thread, and the series, by the way :)

Totally see your point, i mean im not gonna lie i like both of them thats me but do i think Triss fans got The short end of the stick? Kinda i mean i feel triss was a last thought rushed in to the game. Imma delete everything ive done on the game and do 2 new play throughs after the new patch is released. Because i wanna see what the new dialogue with triss is gonna be and cause I haven't done one with Yenn yet. Also wouldn't Game Book Guide dialogues change since it'll be changed in the new patch?

I didn't feel "depressed and disappointed" at the end of the game. Like I said before, the emotional well-being of my Geralt are not dependent upon the condition of a piece of shrubbery. Would I like to see more Triss added to the game? Sure, you bet, but the game was not ruined for me simply because her character arc fizzles in places. Wild Hunt isn't about Yennefer or Triss, it's about Geralt reclaiming his relationship with his daughter and Ciri developing into her own person.

I was referring to the romance. The inconsistencies didn't destroy the whole experience for me either, I really enjoyed the game. Hell, that's why I'm here.

Still, the romance with Triss does not feel right because of the inconsistencies that we've been discussing here. Yeah, Triss and Geralt have many happy moments, but she's not there when it matters, and that sucks. And when she's there, you can't talk to her, which sucks even more.

At least we have that. But I would like to know more, a slide at the end showing it doesn't cut it for me. It wasn't enough to fix my feelings about the romance.

Last edited:
Totally see your point, i mean im not gonna lie i like both of them thats me but do i think Triss fans got The short end of the stick? Kinda i mean i feel triss was a last thought rushed in to the game. Imma delete everything ive done on the game and do 2 new play throughs after the new patch is released. Because i wanna see what the new dialogue with triss is gonna be and cause I haven't done one with Yenn yet. Also wouldn't Game Book Guide dialogues change since it'll be changed in the new patch?

There's idiots on either side of the debate but by and large, the sensible amongst us only want the Triss romance to achieve parity with the Yen romance. You also have to take in to account that within the context of the Trilogy, Triss is the second most important character behind Geralt. She's the only other one to be in all three games and by and large has figured as the protagonist's main love interest so for her to suddenly be pushed to one side by a character many of us have no prior association with beyond some art slides in the previous games, has only made matters worse.

Saying things like "Yen took center stage not because of her importance but because of fan service" is what led to the previous Triss thread being closed and the countless flame wars which having been dominating these forums.

I think Yenn deserved the prominent role which she had in the game, and it wasn't fan service, she was integral to the overall narrative. Yes, Triss deserves more, and the devs are working on that, but it doesn't help our case when people start criticizing CDPR's decisions.

Thanks you, really.

I dont f***ing care about Yen vs Triss or watever, but when i read that Yen is in the game because of fan service or other nonsenses i'm juste like :

Doing that is just making a rod for your own back, it's riddiculous .

I try not to jump into every falses lore statements, distortions and twisting, really, but sometimes, things are just too big...

So thanks sevean for your words, you speak the truth.

Last edited:
I was referring to the romance. The inconsistencies didn't destroy the whole experience for me either, I really enjoyed the game. Hell, that's why I'm here.

Still, the romance with Triss does not feel right because of the inconsistencies that we've been discussing here. Yeah, Triss and Geralt have many happy moments, but she's just not there when it matters, and that sucks. And when she's there, you can't talk to her, which sucks even more.

At least we have that. But I would like to know more, a slide at the end showing it just doesn't cut it for me. It wasn't enough to fix my feelings about the romance.

Thats what's supposed to be fixed in the patch. Since reading the patch info.

Thanks you, really.

I dont f***ing care about Yen vs Triss or watever, but when i read that Yen is in the game beacause of fan service or other nonsenses i'm juste like

Doing that is just making a rod for your own back, it's riddiculous .

I try not to jump into every falses lore statements, distortions and twisting, really, but sometimes, things are just too big...

So thanks sevean for your words, you speak the truth.

Yennefer being in the game has nothing to do with fan pressure. Technically she's been central to the story of all three. The entire background to the series is Geralt trying to recover his memory so he can find Yennefer. If you read anything to the contrary then it was wrong.

I'm on my third playthrough and I just completed The Last Wish, turning her down for Triss, as you'd expect, but it just dawned on me how massively skewed towards Yen this is. I noticed it before but brushed it off assuming there would be Triss interactions at Kaer Morhen, obviously there wasn't, but by that time I had forgotten all about the Yen quest line.

I really thought there would be some follow-up to that letter! If they can make a scene for de-compressing random people turned into statues, they could have put in a conversation about that letter.

I felt exactly the same way, it didn't make sense to add the artifact decompression just for... I don't know what it was for (What was the purpose of adding them anyway) a painful reminder of what happened to Triss in TW2: Assassin of Kings? xD
I think being able to discuss the letter we get from Alvin in TW3 with Triss would've made perfect sense.

EDIT reason: Typos.

Last edited:
There's idiots on either side of the debate but by and large, the sensible amongst us only want the Triss romance to achieve parity with the Yen romance. You also have to take in to account that within the context of the Trilogy, Triss is the second most important character behind Geralt. She's the only other one to be in all three games and by and large has figured as the protagonist's main love interest so for her to suddenly be pushed to one side by a character many of us have no prior association with beyond some art slides in the previous games, has only made matters worse.

Ive just tried to read as much as i can about the other games since i dont have them. Yes the Triss romance needs to be on the same levels as Yenns.

Yennefer being in the game has nothing to do with fan pressure. Technically she's been central to the story of all three. The entire background to the series is Geralt trying to recover his memory so he can find Yennefer. If you read anything to the contrary then it was wrong.

Yen took center stage not because of her importance but because of fan service and strong support from her fans when support folsom Triss fan fell.

This quote is what we are referring to.

Last edited:
Ive just tried to read as much as i can about the other games since i dont have them. Yes the Triss romance needs to be on the same levels as Yenns.

I've sent you a private message. Suffice it to say, I recommend you buy the previous games which you can pick up for cheap these days.

---------- Updated at 03:13 AM ----------

This quote is what we are referring to.

You're quoting me twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom