Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not interested in the books neither, but there is no need to rehash the book vs game thing again, it only ends into infinite arguments with the same old people ;)
Ok sorry, not my intention to do that i loved books but played game as a game standalone thing which borrowed world and characters from books that i wanna say, not my intention to start war or arguments

Ok Im not even gonna bother reading the pages I have missed, I'll just assume its more pointless arguments based on Yen vs Triss or Book vs Game.

Why don't you guys go back to making up possible Triss dialogue you want to see added.

Someone had a pretty big compilation of them which we could add to.

Last edited:
Ok sorry, not my intention to do that i loved books but played game as a game standalone thing which borrowed world and characters from books that i wanna say, not my intention to start war or arguments

No don't say sorry!! It was only a suggestion because i've already saw this thing happen over and over again.
Sorry if i sounded harsh!

No don't say sorry!! It was only a suggestion because i've already saw this thing happen over and over again.
Sorry if i sounded harsh!
No you not it`s ok, all i am say if someone pick Triss it`s love who care about past it`s obvious that people don`t care about past or forgive her

Just wanna say I'm pretty impressed with the amount of people and the amount of replies to this thread in such short time (though I'm new), I didn't realise it was started only 8 days ago!!!

lol it's catching up to the Yenn post already which started in May (pls no flame war)

Just a quick go at some small dialogue in the Witcher ending since it is a bit lacking in terms of Triss content,
Geralt talking to Emhyr in the Witcher ending

Geralt: Someone's waiting for me
Emhyr: Triss Merigold, fear not i have no intention of pursuing her.

Option 1 - Good thank you
Option 2- You better not

Option1- Geralt: Good thank you, she means a lot to me especially now that we are heading to Kovir
Emhyr: Then i wish you both the best

Option 2 - Geralt: You better not do anything to her or even think about it
Emhyr: I have more important things to worry about than your lover white wolf

Then later on Geralt could meet Ciri and Triss at the inn and after handing the sword to Ciri
Geralt: Now it is time for me to teach you on the path
Triss: How long will that take
Option 1 - Won't be too long
Option 2 - As long as it needs to be

Option 1 - Geralt: We will do a couple of contracts around forgotten villages and such
Ciri: Are you ok with that Triss?, i know you both made plans
Triss: I will wait as long as you both are careful

Option 2 - Geralt: As long as it needs to be
Triss: Ok but don't forget about our new home
Ciri: I should come by and check it out sometime
Geralt: I won't Triss, nothing better than spending time with two of the most important people in my life.

Just a quick go at some small dialogue in the Witcher ending since it is a bit lacking in terms of Triss content,

Option 2- You better not

Option1- Geralt: Good thank you, she means a lot to me especially now that we are heading to Kovir

Then later on Geralt could meet Ciri and Triss at the inn and after handing the sword to Ciri

Option 1 - Geralt: We will do a couple of contracts around forgotten villages and such

Geralt: I won't Triss, nothing better than spending time with two of the most important people in my life.

Oh! yes. I want the same for Yen! please.

Dammit... I'm being sarcastisc

Last edited:
I couldn't get on yesterday, I kept getting that site maintenance page. Anything major happen?

I was pointing out how after finishing a The Witcher 2 playthrough, the fact that The Witcher 3 ignores the important story decisions such as whether to remain in a romance with Triss, whether to travel with her to find Yen and whether to believe her about the Lodge, have all be ignored in Voorhis' questioning in favour of inconsequential decisions such as wether Aryan is alive, whether I chose Roche or Iorveth's path and whether Letho walked or was killed, none of which have a bearing on the third game's story in any meaningful way.

Then there was the usual arguments over 'the book says x, y and z so your point of view is wrong' arguments. All very dull and tiresome. Plus the usual fan art being posted. Patch 1.07 changelog was released yesterday also confirming what we suspected in that there are no changes to the Triss romance. It's a host of technical and gameplay improvements.

Option 2- You better not

Nice, good job - we need something like this, it's not like it even takes too much effort to add. For me, just thinking about how Geralt's relationship with Triss was so ignored at the ending makes me so angry and upset.

If I remember wrightly in TW2 Geralt is actually looking for the king slayer and Triss helps him in this searching (with or without romance)

And for the Empress ending, right after the player has control of Geralt (after Triss says her two lines), you get the chance to talk to her with 3 small discussions (feel free to change it if you don't like it, it is a work in progress)

Dialogue 1 - I love it when you smile
Dialogue 2 - Sure you don't want to come with
Dialogue 3 - When are we leaving?

Dialogue 1 - Geralt: I ever tell you i love it when you smile
Triss: *quick giggle* yeah you told me yesterday and the day before
Geralt: Then i will tell you it again today
Triss: Never gets tiring to hear it

Dialogue 2 - Geralt: Sure you don't want to come rabbit hunting with Ciri and I
Triss: Maybe some other time, that isn't my thing, besides you should spend some alone time with her
Geralt: i'll see you soon

Dialogue 3 - Geralt: When are we leaving to Kovir?
Triss: Later today..Kind Tancred wants me there as soon as i can

Option 1 - It is going to be a long trip
Option 2 - Maybe we should wait just a bit longer

Option 1- Geralt: Alright it is going to be a cold and long trip
Triss: Worth it for our cosy home, anyway go see Ciri
Geralt: Alright i will
*Geralt kisses her on the forehead before leaving*

Option 2 - Geralt: Maybe we should wait just a bit longer
Triss: As long as it isn't too long, as i said, Tancred wants us there soon
Geralt: Alright, guess i got to go see Ciri
* Geralt kisses her on the forehead before leaving*

Last edited:
And for the Empress ending, right after the player has control of Geralt (after Triss says her two lines), you get the chance to talk to her (feel free to change it if you don't like it, it is a work in progress)

Dialogue 1 - I love it when you smile
Dialogue 2 - Sure you don't want to come with
Dialogue 3 - When are we leaving?

Dialogue 1 - Geralt: I ever tell you i love it when you smile
Triss: *quick giggle* yeah you told me yesterday and the day before
Geralt: Then i will tell you it again today
Triss: Never gets tiring to hear it

Dialogue 2 - Geralt: Sure you don't want to come rabbit hunting with Ciri and I
Triss: Maybe some other time, that isn't my thing, besides you should spend some alone time with her
Geralt: i'll see you soon

Dialogue 3 - Geralt: When are we leaving to Kovir?
Triss: Later today..Kind Tancred wants me there as soon as i can

Option 1 - It is going to be a long trip
Option 2 - Maybe we should wait just a bit longer

Option 1- Geralt: Alright it is going to be a cold and long trip
Triss: Worth it for our cosy home, anyway go see Ciri
Geralt: Alright i will
*Geralt kisses her on the forehead before leaving*

Option 2 - Geralt: Maybe we should wait just a bit longer
Triss: As long as it isn't too long, as i said, Tancred wants us there soon
Geralt: Alright, guess i got to go see Ciri
* Geralt kisses her on the forehead before leaving*

Just stuff like this would make me happy. I never really get the chance to do much talking and discussing with her after the lighthouse scene, and I really really ​miss it.

Just stuff like this would make me happy. I never really get the chance to do much talking and discussing with her after the lighthouse scene, and I really really ​miss it.

Yeah i agree, it just seems empty after the lighthouse scene and especially after the fountain scene where even in the endings there were chances to include her and some more dialogue (as well as the boat everyone has mentioned), i too really miss the dialogue between them.

If I remember wrightly in TW2 Geralt is actually looking for the king slayer and Triss helps him in this searching (with or without romance)

It depends upon the choices you make which determine Geralt's motivation. At the Elven Bathhouse Triss ask Geralt to walk away from the whole Kingslayer thing for fear he'll get caught up in something too big to handle and just be with her. Triss also asks Geralt whether he'd prefer to travel alone in search of Yennefer,or whether he'd like her company. You can choose yes or no to that with the latter resulting effectively in a break up. Once Triss gets kidnapped, if you chose Iorveth (I can't remember the Roche path) you can choose to allow Stennis to be hanged, in which case you'll get the blood needed to lift the curse of the battlefield, or you can cross it in search of Triss. Finally, in Loc Muinne, you can choose to search for Saskia or Triss.

Now if you choose Triss in all these options, as I did, the story is framed in a way which says that Geralt couldn't give a Monkey's Uncle about the Kingslayer and is only in search of rescuing Triss. So you can play the game in two ways - either finding the Kingslayer and clearing your name is important or finding Triss and rescuing her is important.

You can read how I played it here:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/51724-Triss-Merigold-(all-spoilers)?p=1832058#post1832058

I highly recommend people who want the Triss romance fixed play TW2 again and play it in a similar manner as I did because you'll see just how big the divergence in her story has become in TW3. It's as if none of the events of that game ever happened.

It depends upon the choices you make which determine Geralt's motivation. At the Elven Bathhouse Triss ask Geralt to walk away from the whole Kingslayer thing for fear he'll get caught up in something too big to handle and just be with her. Triss also asks Geralt whether he'd prefer to travel alone in search of Yennefer,or whether he'd like her company. You can choose yes or no to that with the latter resulting effectively in a break up. Once Triss gets kidnapped, if you chose Iorveth (I can't remember the Roche path) you can choose to allow Stennis to be hanged, in which case you'll get the blood needed to lift the curse of the battlefield, or you can cross it in search of Triss. Finally, in Loc Muinne, you can choose to search for Saskia or Triss.

Now if you choose Triss in all these options, as I did, the story is framed in a way which says that Geralt couldn't give a Monkey's Uncle about the Kingslayer and is only in search of rescuing Triss. So you can play the game in two ways - either finding the Kingslayer and clearing your name is important or finding Triss and rescuing her is important.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/51724-Triss-Merigold-(all-spoilers)?p=1832058#post1832058

I highly recommend people who want the Triss romance fixed play TW2 again and play it in a similar manner as I did because you'll see just how big the divergence in her story has become in TW3. It's as if none of the events of that game ever happened.

Looks fair but for who?

What about all the 15 others choices/endings? to be really fair CDPR ought to do all tohose concecuences too in TW3... and as huge TW3 game is I cannot imagine how madness would that suppose in CDPR Dev department....

Kind of off-topic but currently playing TW1, still on Act 1, apparently its gets better from Act 2 onwards.

After reading how you can choose to play TW2, I'm looking forward to playing it with that kind of mindset :D

Option 2- You better not

I don't think Geralt would tell Ehmyr about Kovir though, he would tell him as little as possible IMO

But the rest seems good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom