Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks, I will admit this is TOTALLY off topic...probably should PM me if you have an answer or anything substantial to add.

I have many hobbies...writing is one of them. And in PURE geek/nerd fasion, I am an OLD PnP Tabletop RPGer...old school style!

I am looking for info on The Witcher World...primarily on its history and setting. I found a LOT of stuff off the web; wikis and such (lots help came thanks @Pryce68)

But I am still wanting/needing more...sounds about right huh :)

I was wondering if there are any anthology like publications, fan made of course...I just need a few 'holes' filled (no time for puns now :( )

Anyway, if you wanna help a nerd, please...PMs probably would be best

OR

if there is a forum here for that I will move this over to it!

Thanks and sorry for the OFF-TOPICNESS :D

Morning, figured i would sneak a couple of pics of the White wolf and the Red fox (from Tumblr). I get the feeling if we had a poll on our favourite Triss and Geralt scene over the trilogy, the Vengelbud Residence quest would end up being the favourite (or maybe the fountain scene)....

It takes two to tango. Drop the ship-to-ship attacks right now.

Some of you have just received formal warnings. The next one will be a ban. If you can't have polite discussions, don't post.

Last edited:

Alone in poverty in the Novigrad City
There she was standing so pretty
Red of hair that would melt any heart
She and the white wolf struggled to part
Their meeting was one of a spark
Only for the witch hunters to leave their mark
A future better than the present
Geralt allured to her sweet scent
He fought to keep her with him
And their lives were no longer to be grim
A terrifying man called Menge had his plans
Wanting to damage her hands
He met a wicked end
As again Triss became to Geralt something more than a friend
And they together made their dream plans
As we watch and admire them both together as fans

Alone in poverty in the Novigrad City
There she was standing so pretty
Red of hair that would melt any heart
She and the white wolf struggled to part
Their meeting was one of a spark
Only for the witch hunters to leave their mark
A future better than the present
Geralt allured to her sweet scent
He fought to keep her with him
And their lives were no longer to be grim
A terrifying man called Menge had his plans
Wanting to damage her hands
He met a wicked end
As again Triss became to Geralt something more than a friend
And they together made their dream plans
As we watch and admire them both together as fans

Beautiful ballad .. or poetry ?? again. Awesome as usual

Usually i don't like cosplay, but i think this one look really like Triss, what do you guy think ? (look at her face, not her "plot" :lol:)
By MilliganVick: http://milliganvick.deviantart.com/art/The-Witcher-Triss-471878022

Anyone heard anything new about the new patch? like the date to be release or anything involving the patch? getting bored over here lol

I think it's coming out this next week. There's not much in the patch to entertain, though. Mainly just inventory fixes and optional adjustments to movement.

Blargh. There's a real dearth of games out there right now. I tried to start a new Wild Hunt playthrough with Yennefer, but I gave up after a few hours. Nothing against her character. Heart just wasn't in it, and I got bored.

Beautiful ballad .. or poetry ?? again. Awesome as usual

Usually i don't like cosplay, but i think this one look really like Triss, what do you guy think ? (look at her face, not her "plot" )

Thanks, yeah i don't really pay much attention to cosplay - not that i have anything against it, just that i am mostly indifferent to it, but that pic looks very good and pretty close to looking like Triss in reality.

I think it's coming out this next week. There's not much in the patch to entertain, though. Mainly just inventory fixes and optional adjustments to movement.

Blargh. There's a real dearth of games out there right now. I tried to start a new Wild Hunt playthrough with Yennefer, but I gave up after a few hours. Nothing against her character. Heart just wasn't in it, and I got bored.

i know what you mean haha, like mannn i already did thisss *kills gryphon*

Good EVENING.

NOW that I have your attention, it's time for a pleasant evening chat.

That is, I chat at you and you don't argue. For once, I don't want to hear about it in PM either.

No, don't ask questions after this post. No, there will be no painless clarification. You get it or you suffer, is the drill.

So let's make a few things clear here:

-1. You guys get more of our attention because you are a bigger pain. We get more complaints, more trouble and more issues from here than every other section and thread combined. Yes, you're prolific and yes those numbers add up and yes, we could solve it by locking the thread again. Trying not to do that.

-2. This is a Triss thread. Not a Triss Positives Only thread. Someone can come in here - is WELCOME - to come in here, in fact, and say they don't like how Triss looks, how Triss acts or how Triss sounds. Shocking, I know. Suck it up. IT AIN'T YOUR THREAD BUCKO.
Now, are they trolling you? If they don't defend their position, maybe. If they are repeating themselves, maybe. If they are brand new and that's all they have to say, probably. And that leads us to the next point.

-3. Reports. Reports are good. Generally.

DO NOT ATTACK SOMEONE for their opinion. Deal with their opinion, don't go after them. If you -see- this attack happening, report it. Absolutely.

WAIT.KEEP READING:

DO NOT report someone for being offensive to Triss. SHE'S NOT REAL. SHE HAS NO RIGHTS. I don't care how emotionally attached you are to your pretend girlfriend! Do not waste my time because someone said things about here you don't like. Either ignore them or discuss their position. Reasonably. Civilly. Politely.

If you report someone for being "mean to my pretty made-up girl", we're going to go after you, not them. Let's be clear. So check the Rules and Report people who are being obvious dickheads, not people who say mean things about Triss or -might-, -maybe- be trolling.

-4. Triss Vs Yen. Or Cerys. Or Geralt.

THIS IS NOT A THING. Do not start Shipping Wars on my forums! We moderators will treat any attempts to draw up sides and start fights or paint people as part of one side or another the SAME WAY we do Platform Wars: your presence here will be suddenly curtailed. I may go in and edit your posts full of Ponies, or just delete them, thus RUINING all your pro-Triss/Yen/Geralt love. Not kidding, I've been known to spend an hour or two undoing people's careful posts if they annoy me enough.

-5. I am NOT FAIR. Maybe I like Yen better. Maybe I like Triss better. Maybe I like Marcin best. NO MATTER WHAT, though, I don't like trouble and disruptions and THAT'S what I, and my fellow mods, will go after. Don't go into other threads to start arguments. Don't make clone accts and do same, ( we run checks), don't get your fellow fans riled up to make war.

Don't let your sense of injustice or unfairness or however you justify your reason for making war in my forum be the cause of you no longer BEING on my forum.

Basically, stop the dumb shit immediately or we'll stop it for you. If you can't say something interesting and new and non-stupid, Just.Don't.Say.It.

Clear? Good.

After this, it's Ponies and Bans and Edits and so forth.

I'm going to add to what Sard said with another point. Something Sard said in another thread, but which also applies here.

You may be seeing some sudden bans.

In case people here don't know what that means, it means a couple things:

1. The person is a dupe or a troll. Or both.

2. WE ARE WATCHING.

So, watch it. Civil. Polite. Reasonable. And no dupe-to-get-around-bans accts unless you want to take a long walk away from the forums. Thanks, all.

Actually, I agree with you on that point, because it is too important key plot to be left unsaid.

That being said, I'm not ok with the "explaning everything" in a story. A story has to have some "blank space", especially in a video game, because the player can fill them with his/her imagination, which, I think, is very important.
But again, on that particular point, details should have be provided.

I gotta say I agree with this, this is a why that needs some explanation considering the break up - it's a week after Geralt and Triss just went through Hades to be with each other, save each other... in my playthrough. Triss is telling Geralt she'll help, no matter how things turn out. But I also like blank spaces, like the stuff Han Solo talks with Princess Leia about while they're fighting the Empire on Hoth. I think Han and Luke reference some thing as well. It puts a little mystery where mystery belongs, like Obi Wan talking about the Clone Wars in A New Hope. How I wish... I could unsee those Clone Wars. They were so much cooler in my mind. To each their own on that, but I'm just making a point.

---------- Updated at 06:57 AM ----------

I don't care how emotionally attached you are to your pretend girlfriend! Do not waste my time because someone said things about here you don't like. Either ignore them or discuss their position. Reasonably. Civilly. Politely.

If you report someone for being "mean to my pretty made-up girl", we're going to go after you, not them. Let's be clear. So check the Rules and Report people who are being obvious dickheads, not people who say mean things about Triss or -might-, -maybe- be trolling.

I like Triss by the way... nobody think I don't. She's one of my favorite video game romance characters. Like Liara, or Cassandra, or Morrigan. I even like Yen. It was fun trying to figure her out.

Alright time for an attempt at possible dialogue.......

Takes place at Vesemir's funeral....(Triss as the love interest of course)

Starts off with Geralt ready to light Vesemir's lifeless body on fire, Triss is standing next to him, she gently puts her hand on his shoulder and takes a step to the side (closer to him), Geralt quickly turns to her and looks sad (and so does Triss), whispering then occurs...

Triss: Geralt, I'm sorry about Vesemir

Option 1: We knew what we were in for
Option 2: It was all for nothing

Option 1 - Geralt: We all knew the consequences Triss
Triss: I know, if you want to talk about it.....
Geralt: Not now, please (Triss understands and retreats as Geralt lights Vesemir's body)

Option 2 - Geralt: It was all for nothing, Eredin will return
Triss: I know, but we can discuss that later
Geralt: Thanks

Dialogue ends there (most of the scene occurs with no words said), after when the player has control of Geralt and can talk to his allies, Triss stays back (or whoever was the love interest) and a chance to interact with her....

Geralt: Triss.....I am sorry too, i knew you were also close to him
Triss: Which is why we must make sure we protect Ciri and not let his death go for nothing...

Option 1: It won't Triss
Option 2: I will find them and make them pay (slight hint at him getting emotional)

Option 1: It won't Triss, nothing will happen to Ciri
Triss: I don't doubt you for a second,
Geralt: Triss.....thanks again, had me worried for a moment there
Triss: You had me worried too (awkward pause) ......come on Avallach is waiting for us (Triss heads off, player can choose to follow her or continue to interact with others)

Option 2: I will find them and make them pay
Triss: I want to see them pay too, but we all need to be careful and not to let a repeat of what happened here
Geralt: I know, it was close, you need to be careful too
Triss: Don't worry about me, i told you at the lighthouse that i would be by you and Cir's side
Geralt: I know...
Triss: Come on they are waiting for us (Triss proceeds, player choice to follow her or continue to talk to others)

Dialogue ends there (most of the scene occurs with no words said), after when the player has control of Geralt and can talk to his allies, Triss stays back (or whoever was the love interest) and a chance to interact with her....

Geralt: Triss.....I am sorry too, i knew you were also close to him
Triss: Which is why we must make sure we protect Ciri and not let his death go for nothing...

Option 1: It won't Triss
Option 2: I will find them and make them pay (slight hint at him getting emotional)

Option 1: It won't Triss, nothing will happen to Ciri
Triss: I don't doubt you for a second,
Geralt: Triss.....thanks again, had me worried for a moment there
Triss: You had me worried too (awkward pause) ......come on Avallach is waiting for us (Triss heads off, player can choose to follow her or continue to interact with others)

Option 2: I will find them and make them pay
Triss: I want to see them pay too, but we all need to be careful and not to let a repeat of what happened here
Geralt: I know, it was close, you need to be careful too
Triss: Don't worry about me, i told you at the lighthouse that i would be by you and Cir's side
Geralt: I know...
Triss: Come on they are waiting for us (Triss proceeds, player choice to follow her or continue to talk to others)

:like:

Triss and Yen really need to stay and talk to Geralt in Vesemir's funeral, i seriously don't know why he can talk to everyone except 2 important woman of his life (Ciri run off to somewhere so she doesn't count :D)
Triss screenshot from KM battle.
Nice pic as usual ;)

I wonder are you keep all the gif in one folder, and every morning post one ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom