Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing good or bad, black or white, angel or devil in Wicher's world. Only gray...

I don't know man...a grave hag eating a little girl who she snagged out of someone front yard would be about as DARK a GRAY as I could imagine then...I mean, thats about as midnight charcoal GRAY as you can get if its not BLACK...just my humble opinion... :D

That's a valid way to see things. I agree with your rationalisation point, but I have also in mind that Yennefer uses this rationalisation and this pragmatism to protect herself from others. The things is, the only time she opened her hearth truely was for Geralt. And I'm not sure that she will be able to rationalize that fact, because her love story with Geralt is completely irrationnal.
Maybe she will be able to forgive, but to me, we talk about decades. Certainly not happening in the game.

Perhaps, I certainly don't have the perspective on the character's personality as book readers would, I can only go by what I see in the game. At the same time bear in mind that whilst they have a twenty year relationship, that's punctuated by a series of break ups. This is why I'd love to see a confrontation between Triss and Yennefer, over what Yen would see as a betrayal by her (best?) friend by taking advantage of his memory loss. It would give Triss the chance to explain that what she feels she did take advantage of Geralt, what she did was not born out of spite but out of an opportunity to act upon a long harboured love for him. To seize a once in a life time opportunity.

Whilst I don't believe Yennefer would be happy, I don't believe they'd be hurling fireballs at each other in a magical cat fight. I believe Yennefer would come to understand Triss' point of view and how Triss has agonised over the guilt of what she'd done but also come to realise that if the situation were reversed, she'd probably have done the same thing herself allowing her to forgive her friend for her actions.

---------- Updated at 12:39 PM ----------

Phillippa acts and aks friven by her owns complot, vision, or interests, no matter what are the other people's feeling. In my playtrhought with Yen, I made my choices not because Phiplippa asks or want, but following the path CDPR give me. The same for Triss' one. I mean, no matter what Philippa could have in her mind... she'is too used to manipulating people carelesss about feelings or respecting others, so it's reasonable she try it with Geralt once more time. Being the Ciri's mother, Yen could get easily more votes form the other sorceress. Yen faced her more tan twice in the Lodge, Triss didn't... so who in Philippa mind is the most dangerous for her?

As I said, if not that mission than another. The important bit is the characterisation of Triss Merigold for new players and allow veterans of the games who have never read the books, to gain more insight in to her past. We get that to a greater degree with Yen than we do with Triss.

Perhaps, I certainly don't have the perspective on the character's personality as book readers would, I can only go by what I see in the game. At the same time bear in mind that whilst they have a twenty year relationship, that's punctuated by a series of break ups. This is why I'd love to see a confrontation between Triss and Yennefer, over what Yen would see as a betrayal by her (best?) friend by taking advantage of his memory loss. It would give Triss the chance to explain that what she feels she did take advantage of Geralt, what she did was not born out of spite but out of an opportunity to act upon a long harboured love for him. To seize a once in a life time opportunity.

Whilst I don't believe Yennefer would be happy, I don't believe they'd be hurling fireballs at each other in a magical cat fight. I believe Yennefer would come to understand Triss' point of view and how Triss has agonised over the guilt of what she'd done but also come to realise that if the situation were reversed, she'd probably have done the same thing herself allowing her to forgive her friend for her actions.

---------- Updated at 12:39 PM ----------

While I don't believe they would resort to throwing fireballs at each other, I do believe it would be a very unpleasant verbal spat. If you look at the books they were threatening to rip hair and claw eyes out, that was based on Triss longing after Geralt. So no I don't believe there would be forgiveness anytime soon. Things have developed far too far for that. Civility is all that could exist in short-term IMO.

While I don't believe they would resort to throwing fireballs at each other, I do believe it would be a very unpleasant verbal spat. If you look at the books they were threatening to rip hair and claw eyes out, that was based on Triss longing after Geralt. So no I don't believe there would be forgiveness anytime soon. Things have developed far too far for that. Civility is all that could exist in short-term IMO.

I agree with that. I'm not suggesting it be a friendly chat. How I'd envisage it is as you walk up the stairs to were Yennefer is setting up the Megascope, you hear Triss and Yen having a blazing row over what she'd done. This is were Geralt intervenes and is then cast through the portal by Yen. By the time you get back there's a taciturn acceptance of the situation. It could then be further explored when they settle down for a drink with Eskel and Lambert. That's were the final reconciliation could take place. Both women then retire and the rest of the events play out as normal. It doesn't need a major overhaul but would provide a nice exploration of the love triangle.

I agree with that. I'm not suggesting it be a friendly chat. How I'd envisage it is as you walk up the stairs to were Yennefer is setting up the Megascope, you hear Triss and Yen having a blazing row over what she'd done. This is were Geralt intervenes and is then cast through the portal by Yen. By the time you get back there's a taciturn acceptance of the situation. It could then be further explored when they settle down for a drink with Eskel and Lambert. That's were the final reconciliation could take place. Both women then retire and the rest of the events play out as normal. It doesn't need a major overhaul but would provide a nice exploration of the love triangle.

Can't object to that. Lack of Triss at Kaer Morhen at that point is imo the biggest romance failing and it's doubly disappointing as it would be the perfect opportunity for such a confrontation to occur before Ciri arrives and the plot kicks into high gear.

Can't object to that. Lack of Triss at Kaer Morhen at that point is imo the biggest romance failing and it's doubly disappointing as it would be the perfect opportunity for such a confrontation to occur before Ciri arrives and the plot kicks into high gear.

The lack of Letho at Kaer Mohren was also pretty disapointing, that drunk segment would have been far better if we seen Letho in a dress.

The lack of Letho at Kaer Mohren was also pretty disapointing, that drunk segment would have been far better if we seen Letho in a dress.

Yeah. Yenn/Triss and Letho conversation would be welcome, too. Both sorceress knew him and spent some time together.
Very sad fact that Serrit & Egan are dead. :X [ CDPR I hate you for forcing me to kill Egan during my playthrough in tw2, siding with Roche :angry: ]

LOL thanks for that disturbing image :p

But you raise a good point because having Letho there would allow for the flip side of The Witcher 2's coin to be explored with some reference made by Triss regarding Letho's rescue of her. Even if you romance Yen, having Triss there allows for more characterisation of her. There just needs to be subtle dialogue changes depending upon your romance choice.

HaveFun90;1834584[B said:
]Yeah. Yenn/Triss and Letho conversation would be welcome, too. Both sorceress knew him and spent some time together. [/B]
Very sad fact that Serrit & Egan are dead. :X [ CDPR I hate you for forcing me to kill Egan during my playthrough in tw2, siding with Roche :angry: ]

Hadn't thought of that but it would have been a good variation to see.

And yes the image of Letho in a dress is highly disturbing

Last edited:
I don't know man...a grave hag eating a little girl who she snagged out of someone front yard would be about as DARK a GRAY as I could imagine then...I mean, thats about as midnight charcoal GRAY as you can get if its not BLACK...just my humble opinion... :D

Hmm i am talking about sentient species here (human, elf, troll, godling, succubus, dwarf, halfing, doppler, maybe even werewolf etc). Grave hag is monster which have a ability to ... talk, but can't be reason with

Sorry don't understand the part about charcoal gray :p

WARNING: NSFW

;)

[Sard Edit: Ljes...tch tch]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm i am talking about sentient species here (human, elf, troll, godling, succubus, dwarf, halfing, doppler, maybe even werewolf etc). Grave hag is monster which have a ability to ... talk, but can't be reason with

Sorry don't understand the part about charcoal gray :p

I apologize, when you said, nothing is black and white...I took it literally. And I was using the Crayola crayon color for NOT black but it IS black...Midnight Charcoal Gray would be the crayon :)

---------- Updated at 08:49 AM ----------

As nice as it is, you probably wanna put that in an NSFW spoiler tag :D

I was JUST typing the same thing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom