Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would look Triss with loose hair.

---------- Updated at 06:21 PM ----------
I think after all expansions will come out.

I've grown very fond of the twin buns but the loose hair style is nice too.

Ah that's a shame, I think second expansion is being released next year :/

But at least that means they have more time to work on it and fix things, giving fans a chance to play the previous Witcher games, read the Witcher books and engage in the Witcher universe. It may be better for us to wait that extra time because they will produce a higher quality expansion with more content - and who knows, maybe they are indeed working on endgame content to fix the "broken" endgame?

Not too far into The Blood of Elves just yet, but I'm starting to like Triss more and more.

She did go a bit out of line when she brought back some painful memories of the Trial when she and Geralt were fighting, but otherwise, starting to like Triss, didn't have a lot of exposure to her since I've only played TW3.

Not too far into The Blood of Elves just yet, but I'm starting to like Triss more and more.

She did go a bit out of line when she brought back some painful memories of the Trial when she and Geralt were fighting, but otherwise, starting to like Triss, didn't have a lot of exposure to her since I've only played TW3.

All right since i saw all of your post in "other topic", time to greet your properly :devil:

First, about Triss betrayal. Here is the opinion of one member, i can't dicuss much because i haven't read the book myself. Spoiler tag if you don't want to read
Tissaia de Vries took Ciri to the conclave where Vilgefortz captured her. The Lodge was trying to free Ciri from his grip and Triss was helping them because she thought she was doing the right thing and what's best for Ciri. Philippa had different intentions from Triss's and she was going to use Ciri for no-good, Triss realized that during the book when she met with Yennefer and apologized for what happened (She really didn't know what The Lodge planned for her) they keep linking the apology from the books where Yennefer tells her she'll never forgive her trying to fool people and make them think that she actually had a hand in it (She didn't).

My opinion
-Look like Triss making a mistake for trusting Phillipa, yep a MISTAKE not betrayal
-And when she realize it, Triss apologize afterward to Yennefer, so i don't think much about it
Stil may change my opinion later after reading the book :p

Second, you really should play previous game (eventhough in witcher 1 Triss is a bit OOC), then you will have all the knowledge to make the "right choice" :devil:

Last edited:
All right since i saw all of your post in "other topic", time to greet your properly :devil:

First, about Triss betrayal. Here is the opinion of one member, i can't dicuss much because i haven't read the book myself. Spoiler tag if you don't want to read
Tissaia de Vries took Ciri to the conclave where Vilgefortz captured her. The Lodge was trying to free Ciri from his grip and Triss was helping them because she thought she was doing the right thing and what's best for Ciri. Philippa had different intentions from Triss's and she was going to use Ciri for no-good, Triss realized that during the book when she met with Yennefer and apologized for what happened (She really didn't know what The Lodge planned for her) they keep linking the apology from the books where Yennefer tells her she'll never forgive her trying to fool people and make them think that she actually had a hand in it (She didn't).

My opinion
-Look like Triss making a mistake for trusting Phillipa, yep a MISTAKE not betrayal
-And when she realize it, Triss apologize afterward to Yennefer, so i don't think much about it
Stil may change my opinion later after reading the book :p

Second, you really should play previous game (eventhough in witcher 1 Triss is a bit OOC), then you will have all the knowledge to make the "right choice" :devil:
Yeah, I'm not too surprised that I didn't get any REDpoints in there :lol:

Yeah I'm planning on it, once I've got internet on my PC again.

Seems like the 'right choice' could differ between this thread the other ;D

Yeah, I'm not too surprised that I didn't get any REDpoints in there :lol:

Yeah I'm planning on it, once I've got internet on my PC again.

Seems like the 'right choice' could differ between this thread the other ;D

Quick read all ***** five witcher book to get information in the morning, damn feeling so dizzy can't even give you RED point :lol:

So there are two thing i find interesting after the read:
-When Vilgefortz torture Yennefer, she think about Geralt right before she faint. It show Yen really have feeling/love for Geralt. Now i feel like an an asshole for break with her because of "magic" :facepalm:
-After Triss's betrayal/mistake, there is a big gap until she meet Yennefer again. And the time they have a conversation, Triss, Yen and Ciri are riding to Rivia to meet Geralt. Triss admit it is her fault, still i found out Yen somehow really vicious here, playing with Triss's feeling about Geralt and almost lead to the big fight between them

-After Triss's betrayal/mistake, there is a big gap until she meet Yennefer again. And the time they have a conversation, Triss, Yen and Ciri are riding to Rivia to meet Geralt. Triss admit it is her fault, still i found out Yen somehow really vicious here, playing with Triss's feeling about Geralt and almost lead to the big fight between them

And before that every time Triss tries to talk to Yen, there is another Lodge Sorceress there watching/listening to her. In Montecalvo Francesca is shadowing Triss's every move while she tries to talk to Yen, and later when Yen contacts Triss by megascope Philippa is there. I got the sense that the Lodge was keeping Triss on a very tight leash. Triss's "betrayal" is the fact that she won't disobey Philippa and the rest of the Lodge while they seem to be watching her every move. It seems to me that Triss is in a very tough position, and she does not have the confidence to do what she feels is right. Later Triss takes off on her own to search for Yen, but Yen has already been captured, and the only way Triss can help her or Ciri is to return to working with the Lodge.

The end of the last book is very sad because Triss seems to be trying to make things right, but her friends die/disappear before she gets the chance.

When you think about it, the books (saga) start with Triss and Geralt in Kaer Morhen, with mixed feelings for each other and they end with them together, in Kovir, this time with no more doubts.

Speaking of the games, and from the perspective of Geralt and Triss relationship, you can see how each of them deal with a specific obstacle that prevents them from fully being together.

W1:
Deals mainly with Geralt tendency to preparing-the-fields-for-sowing every willing woman he comes across. And they are many. Triss being one among the many. Towards the end, the things between them start to get serious, a child, a ring and some other factors are involved and their relationship gets upgraded to somewhere between friends with benefits/lovers.

W2:
The relationship gains strong foundations, symbols are created, and the "mixed" loyalties lodge issue on Triss side gets resolved.

W3:
Said foundations are shaken and tested as the greatest threat to their relationship reappears, Geralt's lover of yore. Yet again loves prevails, they can't help but be drawn to one another and, when things are about to fall appart, for good this time, they finally express their feeling for each other.

Epilogue: Having overcome all obstacles, from both his and her sides, their relationship gets stronger than ever and they end up their days together in Kovir.

It wasn't short, and it wasn't easy, but then again good things are worth fighting for :)

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-07-19 21-31-08-48.jpg
    witcher3 2015-07-19 21-31-08-48.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 140
  • witcher3 2015-07-19 21-41-56-71.jpg
    witcher3 2015-07-19 21-41-56-71.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 141
  • witcher3 2015-07-19 21-43-12-04.jpg
    witcher3 2015-07-19 21-43-12-04.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 216
  • witcher3 2015-07-20 21-37-31-60.jpg
    witcher3 2015-07-20 21-37-31-60.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 161
  • witcher3 2015-07-20 22-09-10-32.jpg
    witcher3 2015-07-20 22-09-10-32.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
And before that every time Triss tries to talk to Yen, there is another Lodge Sorceress there watching/listening to her. In Montecalvo Francesca is shadowing Triss's every move while she tries to talk to Yen, and later when Yen contacts Triss by megascope Philippa is there. I got the sense that the Lodge was keeping Triss on a very tight leash. Triss's "betrayal" is the fact that she won't disobey Philippa and the rest of the Lodge while they seem to be watching her every move. It seems to me that Triss is in a very tough position, and she does not have the confidence to do what she feels is right. Later Triss takes off on her own to search for Yen, but Yen has already been captured, and the only way Triss can help her or Ciri is to return to working with the Lodge.

The end of the last book is very sad because Triss seems to be trying to make things right, but her friends die/disappear before she gets the chance.
Agree with you :like:

In the last book Triss feel lied to, cheated and robbed by the Lodge; finally in the end of saga Triss try to make up for her mistake. Sadly like you said all of her friend disappear this time :cry:

Hmm, but after this, she join the Lodge and have been lied by them again ... You never learn, Triss :devil:
When you think about it, the books (saga) start with Triss and Geralt in Kaer Morhen, with mixed feelings for each other and they end with them together, in Kovir, this time with no more doubts.

Speaking of the games, and from the perspective of Geralt and Triss relationship, you can see how each of them deal with a specific obstacle that prevents them from fully being together.

W1:
Deals mainly with Geralt tendency to preparing-the-fields-for-sowing every willing woman he comes across. And they are many. Triss being one among the many. Towards the end, the things between them start to get serious, a child, a ring and some other factors are involved and their relationship gets upgraded to somewhere between friends with benefits/lovers.

W2:
The relationship gains strong foundations, symbols are created, and the "mixed" loyalties lodge issue on Triss side gets resolved.

W3:
Said foundations are shaken and tested as the greatest threat to their relationship reappears, Geralt's lover of yore. Yet again loves prevails, they can't help but be drawn to one another and, when things are about to fall appart, for good this time, they finally express their feeling for each other.

Epilogue: Having overcome all obstacles, from both his and her sides, their relationship gets stronger than ever and they end up their days together in Kovir.

It wasn't short, and it wasn't easy, but then again good things are worth fighting for :)

You always know how to hit my feel :thumbup:

Still, I don’t know what Triss benefit if she is stay with Geralt, beside she is very happy :p

Hehe Triss expressions I really love them, That time when Triss judge you...
Don't know why but i really like this expression :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom