Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha-ha-ha....:drunk:
At least the pic IMO look really good :p

@farrysquallko specially for You, my friend:
:comeatmebro:

Maybe it is the time to change desktop wallpaper, i see Triss sad face in funeral for too long ;)

I feel a little lonely here, so for the sake of arguement, do all of you think this is a good end for Geralt life with Triss ?
-He still do witcher contract, but do is as a habit. While Triss is a advisor Kovir's king and bring home a ton of fortune. She and Geralt enjoy their night and morning together, "their home warm and smelling of freshly baked cakes" then off to work

-Still one thing bother me: Is Triss can protect Geralt from political life ? Just imagine one day Tankred need somebody to solve monster's problem, then Triss recommend Geralt and that mean Foltest all over again

So I want to see POV of people here about Triss actions in the game. The choice she made at Novigrad. To stay with Geralt and help him find Ciri if he tell her that he love her. Or to go to Kovir... if he didn't tell her that he love her. And return to help with Ciri only when her best friend Yennefer ask her for this. What do you think?

---------- Updated at 01:54 PM ----------

I feel a little lonely here, so for the sake of arguement, do all of you think this is a good end for Geralt life with Triss ?
-He still do witcher contract, but do is as a habit. While Triss is a advisor Kovir's king and bring home a ton of fortune. She and Geralt enjoy their night and morning together, "their home warm and smelling of freshly baked cakes" then off to work

-Still one thing bother me: Is Triss can protect Geralt from political life ? Just imagine one day Tankred need somebody to solve monster's problem, then Triss recommend Geralt and that mean Foltest all over again
Are we talking about books Geralt or your game Geralt. Cos for your game Geralt it depends on your opinion. If we are talking about books Geralt - I'm not sure. Once he was trying such life with Yennefer and it seems he didn't like to live in town.

No it doesn't mean anything. He would probably kill monster and return home with generous reward. (to his generous reward :) )

I personally like the ending, it allows Geralt to live a laid back lifestyle while still taking an occasional job for old time sake. At first I was sceptical when Triss mentioned Tancred's offer, but decided it is best to support her(she really seems to like the idea of going to Kovir), and if she's happy so am I. From what I understand in the game Tancred seems like a totally different type of ruler than Foltest, so I don't think he would force Geralt into doing anything he doesn't want to and compromise Triss position after wanting her to lead the Conclave and the Council. And if he decided to do that, we know Triss is ready to drop everything and escape with Geralt wherever he wants.

Yup best ending, wrote my thoughts just a moment ago on the vs thread.

While I don't see this is a necessarily bad thing, imo the one involved in politics is Triss, not Geralt (although it does stand to reason he'll be dragged into them from time to time). And we get the "option" to shape in a way, how exactly that future is going to be, whether it's living there full time or using it as a place for "wintering".

And Triss does state that she will drop it if Geralt doesn't want that, we as players just don't get the option to say, "All right, let's do that". And while her choice to shape her life according to Geralt's wishes can be seen as a bit submissive, it is understandable after all the trials she went to finally get him for good. Or it can be interpreted as the fact the only thing she really cares about is being with him, so it's fine either way. And ditto for Geralt, so he doesn't mind staying there while she pursues her dream job.

This is one of the basic pillars of a healthy and adult relationship. Love is not enough, it is also important for both to be aware of what your partner wants and for them to be willing to make accommodations for it.

With Triss he will settle in Kovir and will work as the local witcher time to time, living in a cozy house on the outskirts of the Pont Vanis as family life with fresh and warm baked cakes and lot of good friends who will visit them in their cozy house. Triss working as royal adviser and will manage to protect Geralt from any of politics games.

So I want to see POV of people here about Triss actions in the game. The choice she made at Novigrad. To stay with Geralt and help him find Ciri if he tell her that he love her. Or to go to Kovir... if he didn't tell her that he love her. And return to help with Ciri only when her best friend Yennefer ask her for this. What do you think?

While you do raise an interesting point and I would like to think that Triss would stay and help him no matter what, we really can't say, because "staying" at this point means nothing.

The game as in its current form doesn't really give you a different outcome. Her "staying", only translates into her staying for an hour or two (depending on Geralt's stamina) in the lighthouse. And the rest is the same, she shows in KM in time for the battle regardless.

-Triss already help Geralt find Dandelion and since she have a bunch of "kid" to take care of, i must say she really love Geralt to abandon them in the ship (with no leader, hopefully Triss already point out the leader before return to the dock)
-Since after the lighthouse scene we don't know where she go, so i just assume she is travel to Kaer Mohen and arrive just before the battle (damn the inconsistency)

-And with no romance, Triss plan to leave to Kovir and with hope never see or interfere with Geralt and Yen relationship again; she already help him before that with Dandelion and now need to help all the mage settle in Kovir
Yet she return when Yen call her for help with the battle, heart-broke but with Triss she will always help Geralt, Yen and Ciri no matter what ...

Are we talking about books Geralt or your game Geralt. Cos for your game Geralt it depends on your opinion. If we are talking about books Geralt - I'm not sure. Once he was trying such life with Yennefer and it seems he didn't like to live in town.
Sorry but i really need more information in that "live with Yennefer in town" part ...
No it doesn't mean anything. He would probably kill monster and return home with generous reward. (to his generous reward :) )
:like:
I personally like the ending, it allows Geralt to live a laid back lifestyle while still taking an occasional job for old time sake. At first I was sceptical when Triss mentioned Tancred's offer, but decided it is best to support her(she really seems to like the idea of going to Kovir), and if she's happy so am I. From what I understand in the game Tancred seems like a totally different type of ruler than Foltest, so I don't think he would force Geralt into doing anything he doesn't want to and compromise Triss position after wanting her to lead the Conclave and the Council. And if he decided to do that, we know Triss is ready to drop everything and escape with Geralt wherever he wants.
First time i also have some suspicion about the offer, so i choose the second neutral options. Her answer completely surprised me, so i guess it is fined.

For me, the worse thing can happen is force Geralt to become Tancred's bodyguard, but like you said, this time Triss and Geralt can run away from them and start anew. Maybe live in the small town with Triss bewing potions while Geralt running around swamp killing drowner :lol:

If Geralt tells Triss he loves her and makes her stay, it seems natural she would be there to help. If however he rejects her and she returns because Yen asked her, it shows that Triss is ready to swallow her pride and still be there for her friends even though it would undoubtedly be very hard for her to see Geralt again, especially with Yen, and I see it as a huge plus for Triss.

Yup best ending, wrote my thoughts just a moment ago on the vs thread.

While I don't see this is a necessarily bad thing, imo the one involved in politics is Triss, not Geralt (although it does stand to reason he'll be dragged into them from time to time). And we get the "option" to shape in a way, how exactly that future is going to be, whether it's living there full time or using it as a place for "wintering".

And Triss does state that she will drop it if Geralt doesn't want that, we as players just don't get the option to say, "All right, let's do that". And while her choice to shape her life according to Geralt's wishes can be seen as a bit submissive, it is understandable after all the trials she went to finally get him for good. Or it can be interpreted as the fact the only thing she really cares about is being with him, so it's fine either way. And ditto for Geralt, so he doesn't mind staying there while she pursues her dream job.

This is one of the basic pillars of a healthy and adult relationship. Love is not enough, it is also important for both to be aware of what your partner wants and for them to be willing to make accommodations for it.

With Triss he will settle in Kovir and will work as the local witcher time to time, living in a cozy house on the outskirts of the Pont Vanis as family life with fresh and warm baked cakes and lot of good friends who will visit them in their cozy house. Triss working as royal adviser and will manage to protect Geralt from any of politics games.

Out of arguement ....so two more picture :lol:

After lighthouse she goes to Kovir, the ship that waits near at lighthouse is Sigi's and there for Triss waiting all mages.
Oh god, never think of it like that, i always wonder why the hell one mage's ship is waiting near the lighthouse. It make sense now :lol:

So i think one way to fix the "inconsistency" in Kaer Mohen. Just let Triss said some thing about need to help all the mage settle in Kovir first while in the lighthouse, she can abandom them on their own just like this. Then she will immediately travel to Kaer Mohen ;)

Last edited:

He would sometimes take orders.Come home in the evening, where it will wait for a fresh pies and of course Triss,at dinner they tell each other what happened to them that day.after dinner, they go into your room and...... you know the rest:thumbup::smiling2::faith:(this is an example from their day)

Well, if that happens.Then Triss will leave the post and go with Geralt in any town.Because Triss is not so important post anything she wants to be with Geralt...... always.

Last edited:
Small question about Triss (not sure if it has been answered somewhere in the 500 pages of this thread) Is it plausible for her to become the head of the council and conclave as described in the game? Read someone's opinion about how it's not logical in the Yennefer thread.

Don't worry #TeamTriss

Sorry but i really need more information in that "live with Yennefer in town" part ...
First time it was in her house in Vengerberg. But there isn't much info except that Geralt run away from her one day. Secon time was in story about Yennefer, Geralt and Istred. And in this story Geralt was constantly telling how he doesn't like to live in towms and this one espesially. Basicly he was muttering all the time how he hate every detal in this town. And had ask Yennefer like 3 time when they will leave this town :) And they just arrived here... however in his dream he wanted to build a house and live there with Yennefer. Though it was not clear if this house should be in town or at outskirts of the town.

Small question about Triss (not sure if it has been answered somewhere in the 500 pages of this thread) Is it plausible for her to become the head of the council and conclave as described in the game? Read someone's opinion about how it's not logical in the Yennefer thread.
CDPR seemed to think it's logical, that's why they put it in the game, so for me personally it is completely acceptable.

I love how CDPR written Triss romance (if not count inconsistency of our romance choices).
Here trifles plays more than I ever seen in games.
All begins with arrival to Novigrad Triss tries to keep imperturbably and to pretend that her heart wasn't broken, but it is impossible, all is seen on her face.

Her attempt to tell Geralt that she used him when he had an amnesia and attempt to justify keeping of a rose of remembrance with awkward argument is slices of a puzzle of an overall picture of Triss. The scene in a warehouse infested with rats when they conduct dialogue - Geralt hints to her at self-deception, he in hidden words say to her that she still loves him, despite he dumped her – this cutscene is amazing.

Her character reveals through all main quests in Novigrad her desire to sacrifice herself and go through tortures for the sake of Ciri and Geralt is amazing and shows her strong character, that she is changed since the books.

The culmination comes in side quests, when Geralt helps her to save mages. Cutscene with confession in love and discussion of their future is awesome.

And judging by the conversation by fountain - both are capable of a compromise and concessions to each other, I love this scene very much.

I like family man Geralt. Triss and Geralt are great couple.

First time it was in her house in Vengerberg. But there isn't much info except that Geralt run away from her one day. Secon time was in story about Yennefer, Geralt and Istred. And in this story Geralt was constantly telling how he doesn't like to live in towms and this one espesially. Basicly he was muttering all the time how he hate every detal in this town. And had ask Yennefer like 3 time when they will leave this town :) And they just arrived here... however in his dream he wanted to build a house and live there with Yennefer. Though it was not clear if this house should be in town or at outskirts of the town.

So IMO i don't think we have enough info to see if Geralt really hate it :p Still maybe he hate that town but will like Pont Vanis. If what i see in Triss's vision is right, the house is not locate in middle of the city, but in the outskirt

Don't worry #TeamTriss

One time this have been argue, this is too many power for one person. just imagine the stress ...

Still, Triss isn't like many other sorceress, while many seek power, she seek the way to protect mage and their interest. So maybe, just maybe with her is the head the Council and Conclave finally can do something good. And don't forget Geralt always be there with her :devil:

I think it depends on what kind of role and stance the council wants take in relation to the political situation in the Northern kingdoms in the end of the game. Putting Triss as the head instead of people like Philippa or Yen could make the council look less "suspicious/distrustful". I don't read the books so I might be wrong but that's how I think. Damn Witcher 3 and its lack of political context :X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom