Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how CDPR written Triss romance (if not count inconsistency of our romance choices).
Here trifles plays more than I ever seen in games.
All begins with arrival to Novigrad Triss tries to keep imperturbably and to pretend that her heart wasn't broken, but it is impossible, all is seen on her face.

Her attempt to tell Geralt that she used him when he had an amnesia and attempt to justify keeping of a rose of remembrance with awkward argument is slices of a puzzle of an overall picture of Triss. The scene in a warehouse infested with rats when they conduct dialogue - Geralt hints to her at self-deception, he in hidden words say to her that she still loves him, despite he dumped her – this cutscene is amazing.

Her character reveals through all main quests in Novigrad her desire to sacrifice herself and go through tortures for the sake of Ciri and Geralt is amazing and shows her strong character, that she is changed since the books.

The culmination comes in side quests, when Geralt helps her to save mages. Cutscene with confession in love and discussion of their future is awesome.

And judging by the conversation by fountain - both are capable of a compromise and concessions to each other, I love this scene very much.

I like family man Geralt. Triss and Geralt are great couple.
This is amazing.Сlap standing:respect:
I don't know why but when I read this, tears at my eyes:'( :upset:

Last edited:
I love how CDPR written Triss romance (if not count inconsistency of our romance choices).
Here trifles plays more than I ever seen in games.
All begins with arrival to Novigrad Triss tries to keep imperturbably and to pretend that her heart wasn't broken, but it is impossible, all is seen on her face.

Her attempt to tell Geralt that she used him when he had an amnesia and attempt to justify keeping of a rose of remembrance with awkward argument is slices of a puzzle of an overall picture of Triss. The scene in a warehouse infested with rats when they conduct dialogue - Geralt hints to her at self-deception, he in hidden words say to her that she still loves him, despite he dumped her – this cutscene is amazing.

Her character reveals through all main quests in Novigrad her desire to sacrifice herself and go through tortures for the sake of Ciri and Geralt is amazing and shows her strong character, that she is changed since the books.

The culmination comes in side quests, when Geralt helps her to save mages. Cutscene with confession in love and discussion of their future is awesome.

And judging by the conversation by fountain - both are capable of a compromise and concessions to each other, I love this scene very much.

I like family man Geralt. Triss and Geralt are great couple.
Feel so sleepy now and can't find any nice word :p

I think it's too much for one person, so I think she will be a head of council and conclave and they will consist of a certain number chosen mages and they will have power in their voice and opinion.

Fair point, but she gonna have a hard time to fight a suited candidate though, all mage from Norvigad is novice or just random herbalist :(

More Triss and Geralt ;)

Last edited:
I feel a little lonely here, so for the sake of arguement, do all of you think this is a good end for Geralt life with Triss ?
-He still do witcher contract, but do is as a habit. While Triss is a advisor Kovir's king and bring home a ton of fortune. She and Geralt enjoy their night and morning together, "their home warm and smelling of freshly baked cakes" then off to work

-Still one thing bother me: Is Triss can protect Geralt from political life ? Just imagine one day Tankred need somebody to solve monster's problem, then Triss recommend Geralt and that mean Foltest all over again

Geralt says he hates politics, but in all the books and games he is hanging around with nobles and rulers helping them solve their problems. What Geralt really hates is losing his freedom. With Foltest between W1 and W2 it sounds like Geralt was kept on a short leash as a bodyguard/good luck charm, and what he wanted most was the freedom to leave if he wanted. Triss seems to understand this and has planned a life where Geralt will be free to go on adventures when he wants. As for politics, Geralt will jump straight in if his friends need him or if there is an interesting witcher problem to solve. He is happy to act as an independent consultant in political matters, he just doesn't want to be someone's servant. Geralt got along well with Ciri's grandmother Queen Calanthe because she respected his independent status (even though she kept reminding him that she could cut off his head whenever she wished). If King Tancred respects Geralt's witcher code and independence, things will be just fine in Pont Vanis.

---------- Updated at 01:15 PM ----------

Small question about Triss (not sure if it has been answered somewhere in the 500 pages of this thread) Is it plausible for her to become the head of the council and conclave as described in the game? Read someone's opinion about how it's not logical in the Yennefer thread.

Triss's history with the Lodge makes it a bit complicated, but if you rescue her in Witcher 2 she denounces Sheala and Philippa and helps re-establish the Conclave in Loc Muinne. From the books the Northern Kingdoms mages know that she was part of the pro-North/anti-Nilfgaard faction, so they would trust her not to sell them out to the Empire. Triss is also one of the most powerful mages still alive in the North- Yen conveniently removes potential rivals by sending the Lodge south to Nilfgaard- and mages seem to respect power above most other things. Finally, Triss's work rescuing mages and setting up a safe haven in Kovir created a loyal faction that will support her politically.
Plus, she knows all the underworld bosses who can help her keep people in line. :pirate:

Geralt says he hates politics, but in all the books and games he is hanging around with nobles and rulers helping them solve their problems. What Geralt really hates is losing his freedom. With Foltest between W1 and W2 it sounds like Geralt was kept on a short leash as a bodyguard/good luck charm, and what he wanted most was the freedom to leave if he wanted. Triss seems to understand this and has planned a life where Geralt will be free to go on adventures when he wants. As for politics, Geralt will jump straight in if his friends need him or if there is an interesting witcher problem to solve. He is happy to act as an independent consultant in political matters, he just doesn't want to be someone's servant. Geralt got along well with Ciri's grandmother Queen Calanthe because she respected his independent status (even though she kept reminding him that she could cut off his head whenever she wished). If King Tancred respects Geralt's witcher code and independence, things will be just fine in Pont Vanis.

---------- Updated at 01:15 PM ----------

Triss's history with the Lodge makes it a bit complicated, but if you rescue her in Witcher 2 she denounces Sheala and Philippa and helps re-establish the Conclave in Loc Muinne. From the books the Northern Kingdoms mages know that she was part of the pro-North/anti-Nilfgaard faction, so they would trust her not to sell them out to the Empire. Triss is also one of the most powerful mages still alive in the North- Yen conveniently removes potential rivals by sending the Lodge south to Nilfgaard- and mages seem to respect power above most other things. Finally, Triss's work rescuing mages and setting up a safe haven in Kovir created a loyal faction that will support her politically.
Plus, she knows all the underworld bosses who can help her keep people in line. :pirate:

Agree regarding both points.

I think Triss-Geralt epilogue is better, not just because i like Triss. Geralt has a degree of freedom, the ability to take on interesting cases rather than ones that pay him enough to manage and he is with the woman he loves. Because Triss is a politician doesn't automatically make Geralt one. He might have to go to the odd fancy party but i don't see him getting involved unless something is threatening those he cares about. As you say the foltest thing was different because he got sucked into being a bodyguard not a witcher.

As for the whole issue of Triss role as head of Council/Conclave. To me it makes perfect sense. She's one of the most powerful mages no longer aligned to the Lodge. Her standing will have risen from her humanitarian work in Novigrad too. I don't see anyone else obvious they would turn to.

Kovir Expansion

I just earned Witcher Platinum Trophy today. I am just raring to play new content in Witcherverse now. My first wish for new witcher content would be to Go to Kovir with Triss and have hours of Fun, adventure and an Immense dose of Triss' Awesomeness :)

Ideas for Triss centered or Kovir Expansion content

- Starts off with Geralt beside Triss in Bed
- Then player need to find saplings for House Garden as per Triss's request. Ends up with player gathering unique flowers for Triss in surrounding woods.
- Triss states a problem that she encounters as a Court adviser, Geralt agrees to help her out.
- Travel with Triss to Sauna/ bathouse and enjoy a bit while on part of mission.
- Not just a Tryst with Triss but more than one such encounter with proper settings, environment to beat the crap out of Elven bath scene from TW2.
- Fight a powerful mage alongside Triss.
- Buy her an awesome Dress and Go to Grand ball thown by King of Kovir, meet some new and existing characters.
- She can complement our mastercrafted armor or doublet
- Meet the mage from "Tower out of nowhere" mission.
- Meet travelling Priscilla (she is from kovir afterall) and Dandelion where they both sing about Geralt and Triss.
- Accept a few monster contracts
- Of course Trolls and a few of their special English grammar sentences and rock brain logic.
- LASTLY and MOST Important whenever she is around we should have a conversation option to kiss her and compliment her by giving flowers or treat to rare wine from inventory
ALL THIS For that Priceless Blush ;)

Attachments

• The Witcher 3_ Wild Hunt_20150721202244.jpg
    The Witcher 3_ Wild Hunt_20150721202244.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
You are wrong:
-First, Triss is Geralt's wife
-Second, all she said is "Well?"
:evil:

But the part about Kovir :smile:
:smiling2:
Soooo? I'd marry her if I could... and she said both. She said "Yes Geralt" and all you could do was ask her how she was feeling.
Any way though more important is the idea. Imagine, more Triss and a new Kovir region! That'd be DOPE!

---------- Updated at 07:33 PM ----------

Last edited:
I would like to share their opinions.

I love scene in the warehouse with rats,especially when Geralt speaks about the self-deception Triss.

Geralt: Knew a man once who reacted to everything,especially adversity, by mocking it.
Triss:Healthy attitude.Must've lived long.
Geralt:Came a day he lost both his legs in battle. He shrugged,said it was better that way-he'd never feel pain in them again.
Triss:I understand him perfectly.
Geralt:I know.Thing is,he was lying to himself.
Triss:I think he just didn't have much of a choice.
Geralt:We all lie sometimes.But lying to yourself is running away, whereas there's really nowhere to run.
Triss:Sometimes you have to escape just to forget.Your friend might've dwelled on his lost legs.But it's not like by grieving he could've grown another pair.

Although Triss and tries to say that they had with Geralt all in the past,but if you look at her face, and it becomes clear.

They are right in saying one expression face can say more than 1000 words.

And constantly when I watch this moment, I feel sad,because in their faces so much has been said, after all they went through and all the pain they had experienced for that happy ending in Kovir.
This is just my personal opinion about this and I wanted to tell you.:unsure:
:areukiddingme::faith:

Ideas for Triss centered or Kovir Expansion content

Very nice, I think maybe if CDPR were to have a Kovir expansion they would want to have a more linear questline, maybe a long questline regarding an issue Triss is having (which consists of quite a few quests with quite a bit of fighting :p)

I would like to share their opinions.

I love scene in the warehouse with rats,especially when Geralt speaks about the self-deception Triss.

Geralt: Knew a man once who reacted to everything,especially adversity, by mocking it.
Triss:Healthy attitude.Must've lived long.
Geralt:Came a day he lost both his legs in battle. He shrugged,said it was better that way-he'd never feel pain in them again.
Triss:I understand him perfectly.
Geralt:I know.Thing is,he was lying to himself.
Triss:I think he just didn't have much of a choice.
Geralt:We all lie sometimes.But lying to yourself is running away, whereas there's really nowhere to run.
Triss:Sometimes you have to escape just to forget.Your friend might've dwelled on his lost legs.But it's not like by grieving he could've grown another pair.

Although Triss and tries to say that they had with Geralt all in the past,but if you look at her face, and it becomes clear.

They are right in saying one expression face can say more than 1000 words.

And constantly when I watch this moment, I feel sad,because in their faces so much has been said, after all they went through and all the pain they had experienced for that happy ending in Kovir.
This is just my personal opinion about this and I wanted to tell you.:unsure:
:areukiddingme::faith:

I used the "Maybe you're right" option.

Geralt: You coud be right that only he knows the truth.
Triss: We're the only ones to know the truth about ourselves
Geralt: Wich we share at times with those we hold dear
Triss: Even if it's hard to swallow?
Geralt: Even then...
Triss: Who knows, maybe one day

Because that...day arrived when Geralt told Triss that he loves her, the truth about his feelings and why he couldn't bare to see her go forever so to me it made sense to use that dialogue because it eventually happened as in full circle from that talk in the granary to the docks then near the fountain at the Passiflora planning to live together.

I also liked this scene because six months is not that much time to forget previous feelings and experiences at all and just like that finding each other once again, Triss was shocked, surprised and inmediately remembering her feelings and their time. The scenes at the Putrid Grove was also among my favorites because they didn't say anything to each other just the greetings but the exchange of looks was basically the main thing during that moment between them.

I used the "Maybe you're right" option.

Geralt: You coud be right that only he knows the truth.
Triss: We're the only ones to know the truth about ourselves
Geralt: Wich we share at times with those we hold dear
Triss: Even if it's hard to swallow?
Geralt: Even then...
Triss: Who knows, maybe one day

Because that...day arrived when Geralt told Triss that he loves her, the truth about his feelings and why he couldn't bare to see her go forever so to me it made sense to use that dialogue because it eventually happened as in full circle from that talk in the granary to the docks then near the fountain at the Passiflora planning to live together.

I also liked this scene because six months is not that much time to forget previous feelings and experiences at all and just like that finding each other once again, Triss was shocked, surprised and inmediately remembering her feelings and their time. The scenes at the Putrid Grove was also among my favorites because they didn't say anything to each other just the greetings but the exchange of looks was basically the main thing during that moment between them.
Agree with you. Two branches of the dialogue has a wonderful explanation of their relationship.I just decided to use this option as it seems to me.:happy:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if someone was to do Kovir with RedKit. There are quite a few talented and creative modders out there.

If RedKit comes out soon...hopefully it will :(

yeah I wouldn't be surprised if someone made Kovir, but they can't add any quests and content with Triss and stuff :(

Why is Triss content not possible? Here's a quote from a different thread:

You would be surprised at the quality of voice actors out there who are eager to do mods. I'm part of a team planning to make all the Witcher books into mods and we already have a Geralt cast - almost pitch-perfect likeness. Got a few Triss options too, and a couple Ciris. There really are a lot.

Also, I would personally rather have someone who sounded similar than silence. Just my personal opinion. Hopefully with all the new features we'll get in Redkit 2 (which NEEDS to be realsed NOW - even in an alpha state http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threa...ow-mega-thread! )we can provide 2 versions - a voiced and silent version, for both preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom