Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
There would be no way to do that without character dialogue which modders can't do. Plus that would be so much work to do.

Well they can, it just might not sound as good depending on the voice actors used (they can't get the same voice actors obviously). You'd be surprised about how much work have been put into past mods, I mean check out the "Beyond Skyrim" project which is still under massive development.

Well they can, it just might not sound as good depending on the voice actors used (they can't get the same voice actors obviously). You'd be surprised about how much work have been put into past mods, I mean check out the "Beyond Skyrim" project which is still under massive development.

I don't doubt it could be done I was just saying they couldn't get the original voice actors which would be a massive disadvantage. I'd definitely love to see an ending mod that shows in game cutscenes like TW2 ending and especially showing Geralt and Triss in Kovir.

I don't doubt it could be done I was just saying they couldn't get the original voice actors which would be a massive disadvantage.

Yeah that's definitely true, it's definitely a disadvantage but if the voice actors are as good as @Richiesname says theirs are ("almost pitch-perfect likeness" for their Geralt cast), it could work out rather well.

It's also a matter of recording quality, you need studio level audio quality for the voice acting to properly work out. Not complaining (serious gratitude to the authors, modders and voice actors of the community), but some of the voice acting I have heard in Skyrim mods sound like they have been recorded with a headset at home :/

Last edited:
"Limitless devotion, passion, commitment......and sacrifice"
"Legends has it the lover's sighs are enchanted within these very stones,though only those in love can hear them"

Wake up and have many beautiful post to read :)

I really like the idea for Kovir expansion, this part is what i love most :wub:
- Meet travelling Priscilla (she is from kovir afterall) and Dandelion where they both sing about Geralt and Triss.
now i can sing "the Wolven storm" without any problem, but somehow feel uncomfortable whenever i do because of...reasons :evil:

Something a bit random I just found. Remember in the lighthouse when Triss say "hush, the spark expired" as if she is quoting a story or poem? Johnny in the swamp back in Velen sings a song with a spark and a similar line:

"Little Johnny softly gazing
Fire waning pale
Pop! A spark jumped out and whispered
Listen I've a tale
Once there was a wicked witchy
Living in a mire
Had a hut made out of butter
Pfft- the spark expired"

I don't know if there is more to the song, because he sings the first bit before you talk to the Crones in the house and is singing the second bit when you come back outside. Perhaps some other people (random kids perhaps?) sing more of the song somewhere in the game, but I was please to find some context to Triss's quotation.

Pfft- the spark expired"

I was thinking of this when I got there a second time round the other day.

I assume it is probably some popular folk song/tale in the Witcher universe. Besides, Triss seems to know a few random stories, like the elven tale at the Vegelbud's. " Inchu inchu, beag broggha..." " Inch by inch, little frog..."

Perhaps it has some book reference or just maybe a random coincidence? I can't say for certain.

I wonder if there is a Polish or other Eastern European folk song that they used as a basis for it.

One of many questions about the inspirations for the Witcher universe they designed.

Also, I just met Triss again on my second playthrough today. Some of the options in the conversation at the Warehouse, I mean. Can you ever win with the Yen question? Triss always seems to get dejected regardless of the option.

Should add a fourth option.

Triss. " You didn't answer my question. How's Yen?"

1). She's fine.
2). Not bad.
3). I don't know.
4). Bitch gave me the cold shoulder after chasing her for six months.

But judging by Yen's personality, 1). says the same thing, but in a polite way. :angry2:

One of many questions about the inspirations for the Witcher universe they designed.

Also, I just met Triss again on my second playthrough today. Some of the options in the conversation at the Warehouse, I mean. Can you ever win with the Yen question? Triss always seems to get dejected regardless of the option.

Should add a fourth option.

Triss. " You didn't answer my question. How's Yen?"

1). She's fine.
2). Not bad.
3). I don't know.
4). Bitch gave me the cold shoulder after chasing her for six months.

But judging by Yen's personality, 1). says the same thing, but in a polite way. :angry2:
:rofl:
I could imagine Triss' reaction...

I just posted this question in Yen's thread, now let's check things from this side:

Just something I've been wondering... if the devs had decided to do a sequel closer to W2, and Geralt and Triss were still together at the start of the game, how do you imagine Triss's romance playing out?

How would their reunion happen? (assuming everything stays the same and she's not present at the start)
My take is that we'll see that scene that was teased in the trailers, which could be in her house.

And although not a pleasant topic, how do you imagine their eventual break up, if the player decides to go for Yen?

Something has begun bugging me today, I beat the game 2nd time through. This time I went with Triss and when I saw the ending slide where it shows Geralt getting stitched by Triss, I actually became upset because I realized we won't we be able to experience those moments. We won't get to see them living together and happy. The house they were in looked so welcoming that I actually wished I was there to see it, if only there was someway to make a game continue infinitely :sadtriss:

I just posted this question in Yen's thread, now let's check things from this side:

Just something I've been wondering... if the devs had decided to do a sequel closer to W2, and Geralt and Triss were still together at the start of the game, how do you imagine Triss's romance playing out?

How would their reunion happen? (assuming everything stays the same and she's not present at the start)
My take is that we'll see that scene that was teased in the trailers, which could be in her house.

And although not a pleasant topic, how do you imagine their eventual break up, if the player decides to go for Yen?

I'd imagine they would be in Novigrad and Geralt would just be getting ready to leave when he gets the letter from Yen. He could read it and look embarrassed and you could either Tell Triss what it says or try to lie? Then Geralt would tell Triss he will be back soon and not to worry...

The break-up would be really hard... I'm sure Triss would be expecting it already and if she is still trying to get the mages out, he could say something like "I think maybe you should go with the mages... They need you Triss.." and she would more than likely get the hint.. Although Geralt is kind of blunt so he might say something like "I'm sorry Triss.. Yen and I hold 20 years together that I just can't forget.. It's over between us, please try to live a happy life..."

Either way I don't mind how Geralt and Triss are broken up in the beginning. It makes sense that Geralt would want to search for Yen on his own and not have to constantly be worrying about his feelings. I also like trying to win her back...

Something has begun bugging me today, I beat the game 2nd time through. This time I went with Triss and when I saw the ending slide where it shows Geralt getting stitched by Triss, I actually became upset because I realized we won't we be able to experience those moments. We won't get to see them living together and happy. The house they were in looked so welcoming that I actually wished I was there to see it, if only there was someway to make a game continue infinitely :sadtriss:

Lol, thanks for clarifying that. I didn't realize that Triss was stitching Geralt until you mentioned it just now. For some reason, it just looked to me like she was disrobing for a little somethin' somethin'.

You probably wouldn't be so melancholy if the npc's didn't all pack up and leave after the epilogue. Honestly, I don't see why it would be so hard to create a little post-game content for both Yennefer/Geralt and Triss/Geralt ... maybe a small little zone with a house where the player can come back to, and a few pre-recorded lines of dialogue. I know CDPR says that they don't like to do anything in half measures, but that seems like a cop out.

Lol, thanks for clarifying that. I didn't realize that Triss was stitching Geralt until you mentioned it just now. For some reason, it just looked to me like she was disrobing for a little somethin' somethin'.
I think you will love this explanation of the slide ;)

So many reasons to love this picture (IMO):
1. Judging by the look on her face she is berating him for coming home with jet another injury :D
2. Afterwards she’s almost certainly kissing it better, because despite it all she loves this old stupid toad *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink* …
3. His possessive hand on her hip is just so awwwwww *__*
4. I love her nightgown :)
I would have loved it if they made a small cutscene of this instead of just the picture ;D
You probably wouldn't be so melancholy if the npc's didn't all pack up and leave after the epilogue. Honestly, I don't see why it would be so hard to create a little post-game content for both Yennefer/Geralt and Triss/Geralt ... maybe a small little zone with a house where the player can come back to, and a few pre-recorded lines of dialogue. I know CDPR says that they don't like to do anything in half measures, but that seems like a cop out.
Don't know if it have been post here before, but i really like this one, by @whitefang131

End game if you romanced Yen, wake up at noon-ish next to Yen in bed, unicorn in the background, Geralt's eyes pan the room and lock onto a drawing/painting of Ciri with Yen, Geralt and Triss, before having a short conversation with Yen (No bloody good at writing dialogue, so if anyone wants to pitch in feel free) and pulling on your witcher's gear for 'just one or two more contracts' before heading out with a hug or a kiss or what have you, and a sad glance at the drawing/painting of Ciri, sliding his Silver sword into the sheath as he leaves, and getting on Roach, and heading out

End game if you romanced Triss (Yeah I don't discriminate, plus both would be relatively similiar) again, waking up in their house in Kovir sometime in the late rhalf of the morning (9 to 11am) with a bit of playfulness (I add this because I assume Yen and Geralt would be a lazier life) with Triss and a joking light-hearted conversation (again, suggestions welcome, don't know characters well enough and I'm gobshite at dialogue) Geralt takes a quick glance at the painting/drawing of Ciri mentioned before, though with Geralt sitting next to Triss, instead of Yen. Triss and Geralt both get dressed as Geralt mentions he have a few contract he need to do, while Triss goes to see the king she now advises. Geralt jumps onto Roach, while Triss opens a teleport, and they part ways for the day.

End game if alone, with Dandelion. Geralt and Dandelion are sitting in the Chameleon, with Priscilla quietly playing a lute in the background, still recovering from her slashed throat, if Geralt attempted threesome, Dandelion is clutching his stomach as he laughs, while Geralt looks to the side, grinding his teeth, Dandelion makes several snide remarks, followed with 'You still talk a lot of shit, Dandelion.' If not, then Geralt tells Dandelion of destroying Avallac'hs lab, or if not that, just telling Dandelion of the lab, with Dandelion chuckling at the former of the events, and stating he didn't trust Avallac'h if the latter occurred. Geralt finishes his drink and stands, bidding Dandelion, Zoltan (who is playing gwent with Dudu) Dudu, and Priscilla goodbye as he steps out of the door, and heads straight to the Passiflora, approaching the woman in charge, and quoting his famous line 'I'm looking for a whore.' Cut to black, or cut to sex scene if that's your headcannon, and then Geralt walking out of the brothel to continue his work as a wandering Witcher.

This idea make perfecr sense IMO
After all the ending slide, the game start it's credit -> after some min, cut to scene above ->continue the credits -> no one can complaint now :lol:

Last edited:
I'm here to steal your 5000th post. :fuss:

---------- Updated at 06:02 AM ----------

---------- Updated at 06:05 AM ----------

I love Triss as much as I love Yennefer, I think she's one of the best characters in the witcher world, I only romanced her once and it was enough to notice all of the inconsistencies, I hope the developers will be able to help ease your pain and fix the problems in it.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 305
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom