Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reading a post on Gwent cards and I'm reminded about Triss' card being both low value and without a special ability as opposed to Yen's having Medic ability. Does anyone else feel like the entire set of issues surrounding Triss compared to Yen are one almighty troll by CDPR? Romance? Forget about it, everyone thinks you're with Yen. Content? Nah, not even a fraction of the content Yen gets (who I think gets more content in this game than Triss does across all three!). Gwent Card? Don't be silly, Yen's superior in that as well. It honestly feels like they were taking the piss out of Triss fans.

Are you serious?Triss definitely has more screentime than Yen across all three games.Also do not forget that Triss' card is more powerful,than Sheala,Sabrina,Fringilla,Assire and Ida's even though they're much more powerfull sorceresses than Triss by the lore.If anything it's another example of favoritism towards Triss from CDPR.

But thought Fringilla was the best fit. With Triss a close second.
In case of Fringilla there was more calculation, seduction for purpose than feelings. Alhough she looked at Yen strangely afterwards, but still the Lodge's plans prevailed for her.
In case of Triss there was sort of jealousy when they first met, but then real feelings developed. And that is probably why they chose Triss, not Fringilla. Triss truly loves him.
After all, he really deceived Vigo when he was leaving Toussaint.

---------- Updated at 06:51 PM ----------

Sheala,Sabrina,Fringilla,Assire and Ida's even though they're much more powerfull sorceresses than Triss by the lore.
There was no such comparison ever. All we know is that she is younger than Sile, Sabrina and Ida, but we can't compare them in power.

Last edited:
I thought her DIRECT reclamation arc and getting in love with the man she was supposed to stall and use to have been... I dont know, more interesting. She really started liking Geralt. A lot. She too was curious to a point why the other women were with him. And she understood parts of it. I guess.

Twas her chance and CDPR's chance to strike both Nilfgard, redemption (more than Triss technically, she used him more), more politics and a bigger love ... uhm... square I guess :p

Just reading a post on Gwent cards and I'm reminded about Triss' card being both low value and without a special ability as opposed to Yen's having Medic ability. Does anyone else feel like the entire set of issues surrounding Triss compared to Yen are one almighty troll by CDPR? Romance? Forget about it, everyone thinks you're with Yen. Content? Nah, not even a fraction of the content Yen gets (who I think gets more content in this game than Triss does across all three!). Gwent Card? Don't be silly, Yen's superior in that as well. It honestly feels like they were taking the piss out of Triss fans.

I don't mind the Gwent cards, I think they're fine as they are. Triss is a special card but a bit weaker than Yen. That reflects their powers imho.

But the thing with the content : yes and no. For me it is quite reasoned that people act as if Yen and Geralt are together again. I mean, they are famous, there are ballads about the witcher and the black haired sorceress. Maybe people know about the romance with Triss but consider it as somethinh without impact.
The point is : I cannot reply that they are wrong! This is annoying ! I have no choice to say I'm still with Triss.

Even faced to Triss I can't tell her that I still have feelings for her.
Not even dialog options like "You are so beautiful", "You smell so tempting", "I missed you so much", "Iwant to kiss you". I could tell Yen all these things but I'd never do so. So why isn't there any option to tell Triss right from the start that I still have feelings for her ?

Honestly,those gwent cards are pretty insulting for the Lodge.Especially for Sabrina and Sheala.The Devs really seem to hate them for some reason :(

I think they just wanted to strech out the special roles of Yen & Triss, that's why they made them special cards. Why Síle (etc..) are weaker than Philippa - yeah, I asked myself why. They should have the same power imho.
But this is OT. Back to the topic now.

Why Síle (etc..) are weaker than Philippa - yeah, I asked myself why ^^
Philippa is stated to be the best student of Tissaia and is the only one known mage who can into polymorphing. At the same time, we know almost nothing of Sile's power and very little about Sabrina.

Not even dialog options like "You are so beautiful", "You smell so tempting", "I missed you so much", "Iwant to kiss you". I could tell Yen all these things but I'd never do so. So why isn't there any option to tell Triss right from the start that I still have feelings for her ?
I agree that Yen has more flirtatious dialog, with Triss it is more of an awkward relationship caused by their break up, Geralt's memory returning and the reappearance of Yen in his life. The transition from that to Geralt eventually proclaiming his love at the docks is well done in my opinion. Triss and Geralt do have some flirtatious dialogues, like the returning of earrings,compliments at the Vegelbond ball, the 22 inch waist remark, the handcuffs joke by Geralt, it is just more subtle. With Yen it is more of an open passion type of relationship.

I agree that Yen has more flirtatious dialog, with Triss it is more of an awkward relationship caused by their break up, Geralt's memory returning and the reappearance of Yen in his life. The transition from that to Geralt eventually proclaiming his love at the docks is well done in my opinion. Triss and Geralt do have some flirtatious dialogues, like the returning of earrings,compliments at the Vegelbond ball, the 22 inch waist remark, the handcuffs joke by Geralt, it is just more subtle. With Yen it is more of an open passion type of relationship.

Not just a break up, but a break up that never actually happened in most people's playthrough. Of all the decisions I made in TW2 that are ignored in TW3, this above all else pisses me off the most. TW2 doesn't even give you a reason to break up with Triss since Triss is the only romance option in the game so the chances of anyone actually breaking up with her are remote. CDPR took too many liberties with TW3 world state for my liking.

I don't mind the Gwent cards, I think they're fine as they are. Triss is a special card but a bit weaker than Yen. That reflects their powers imho.

But the thing with the content : yes and no. For me it is quite reasoned that people act as if Yen and Geralt are together again. I mean, they are famous, there are ballads about the witcher and the black haired sorceress. Maybe people know about the romance with Triss but consider it as somethinh without impact.
The point is : I cannot reply that they are wrong! This is annoying ! I have no choice to say I'm still with Triss.

Yes, not the style of things i would do if i was in the place of Geralt.

Not just a break up, but a break up that never actually happened in most people's playthrough. Of all the decisions I made in TW2 that are ignored in TW3, this above all else pisses me off the most. TW2 doesn't even give you a reason to break up with Triss since Triss is the only romance option in the game so the chances of anyone actually breaking up with her are remote. CDPR took too many liberties with TW3 world state for my liking.
Well to be honest, when I first played the game I expected Geralt to still be with Triss, I even expected her to be there at the start of the game. By the choices I made in previous games, there is no way Geralt I played would leave her. Even when she wasn't there in the first part of the game I still thought we were together and that eventually we will be reunited, so I wasn't pleased when I found out about the break up.

However, thinking about it I accepted that their breakup does make sense if you look at it from different perspective, Geralt must be overwhelmed with emotions and feeling confused with his memory returning. It makes sense that they wanted to give each other some time and figure out where things between them stand. Triss insecurity when they first meet in Novigrad shows that she obviously still has feelings for him, but is uncertain with how Geralt feels. Convincing her that you still love her, want to be with her and have her by your side despite everything is what made the romance scenes they have so good for me, their whole dynamic is based on that, and I eventually grew to like that even though it annoyed me at first.

Well to be honest, when I first played the game I expected Geralt to still be with Triss, I even expected her to be there at the start of the game. By the choices I made in previous games, there is no way Geralt I played would leave her. Even when she wasn't there in the first part of the game I still thought we were together and that eventually we will be reunited, so I wasn't pleased when I found out about the break up.

However, thinking about it I accepted that their breakup does make sense if you look at it from different perspective, Geralt must be overwhelmed with emotions and feeling confused with his memory returning. It makes sense that they wanted to give each other some time and figure out where things between them stand. Triss insecurity when they first meet in Novigrad shows that she obviously still has feelings for him, but is uncertain with how Geralt feels. Convincing her that you still love her, want to be with her and have her by your side despite everything is what made the romance scenes they have so good for me, their whole dynamic is based on that, and I eventually grew to like that even though it annoyed me at first.

She will always have feelings for him

Maybe people know about the romance with Triss but consider it as somethinh without impact.

First bit, I see your point and it's something that annoyed a lot of people about the Big Witcher Booze up at Kaer Morhen in the UMA questline. Triss seems to be completely irrelevant at the table other than as a tool for Lambert to annoy Yen. That and the fact nobody else seems to acknowledge it, regardless of your romance lock in.

Though I fully don't agree with the second part, I think it was nice to ease back into things with Triss. After breaking up for 6 months, the last thing I think realistically would happen is you both meet and instantly say, "Let's do it again." Besides, Triss had accepted what was expected, Geralt would return to Yen and that was that.

I was really impressed at the questline we were given regarding Triss as it let you rekindle the flame, overcome any doubts about Yen (more so if content with her existed before meeting Triss and more than Vizima), and you end up having a ton of great experiences practically 'falling in love' again. Not to mention the deep moment as you lock in the romance and "I... I love you". ( Followed by Dijkstra's derpy story).10/10 Would experience it again.

Perhaps Yen's relationship with Geralt suits the direct flirting etc, or perhaps it was just to get people knowing Yen's romance-able and you can pursue that, I can't say for certain.

In case of Fringilla there was more calculation, seduction for purpose than feelings. Alhough she looked at Yen strangely afterwards, but still the Lodge's plans prevailed for her.
In case of Triss there was sort of jealousy when they first met, but then real feelings developed. And that is probably why they chose Triss, not Fringilla. Triss truly loves him.
After all, he really deceived Vigo when he was leaving Toussaint.

---------- Updated at 06:51 PM ----------

There was no such comparison ever. All we know is that she is younger than Sile, Sabrina and Ida, but we can't compare them in power.
Yeah sure, Triss "truly loves him" except for, you know, that bit where she was willing to let him die without lifting a finger because it "wasn't in the lodges interest".

I agree with you about the Gwent cards. Yennefer is a more accomplished sorceress. Her card should be stronger, just as Philippa's is.

As for the second point, I assume you are talking about stuff like Cerys berating him (during Possession) or Lambert asking about her at Kaer Morhen? Because, unless you do some sequence breaking, those are really the only two instances I can think of where the game's dialog doesn't reflect the player's decisions if you have chosen to go that route. Of course, if you do Skellige before Novigrad, all hell breaks loose there.

I also think it's worth mentioning that Geralt doesn't give a damn what other people think about his relationships. If you roll with Yen, Geralt gets dumped on by multiple characters for being hen-pecked, treated like a dog, etc. At no point does he think it's worth it to rebut them. I don't see why he'd feel the need to do that if he decides to run back to Triss.

I also think it's worth mentioning that Geralt doesn't give a damn what other people think about his relationships. If you roll with Yen, Geralt gets dumped on by multiple characters for being hen-pecked, treated like a dog, etc. At no point does he think it's worth it to rebut them. I don't see why he'd feel the need to do that if he decides to run back to Triss.

I think that's the point, you don't have an option to shut them up when they tell you about your relationship with Yen (which is over). You instead have to be told how whipped you are even though, you are currently with a different sorceress. Which is annoying as you're being abused about a relationship you're no longer in, without mention of the new one to defend yourself.

I'd be happier if the two (Cerys and Lambert) gave me abuse for being with Triss, replacing Yen as the focal point. Just the ability to see the decision having an impact would be nice.

What do you mean?

Her huge betrayal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom