Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's the point, you don't have an option to shut them up when they tell you about your relationship with Yen (which is over). You instead have to be told how whipped you are even though, you are currently with a different sorceress. Which is annoying as you're being abused about a relationship you're no longer in, without mention of the new one to defend yourself.

I'd be happier if the two (Cerys and Lambert) gave me abuse for being with Triss, replacing Yen as the focal point. Just the ability to see the decision having an impact would be nice.

I dislike the whole of Kaer morhen section as its built with zero reactivity for the Triss romance choice as it currently stands. Hopefully that will change.

Her huge betrayal.

That quote requires a bit more context, it doesn't really generate a balanced picture as a stand alone quote screaming "betrayal". I'm sure the decision is not a light one, and not quite as straight forward as that. Otherwise it wouldn't be a world class piece of writing.

I dislike the whole of Kaer morhen section as its built with zero reactivity for the Triss romance choice as it currently stands. Hopefully that will change.

Yes, the interaction from Kaer Morhen onwards tends to be the decisive moment which spoils our interaction with Triss. She has much more interaction with everyone else, and not the man she is currently in a relationship with. You actually can't even have a one to one conversation with her at Kaer Morhen. Yet alone the others present taking no notice that you've fixed the "Oh-Which-Sorceress-Should-I-Romance-This-Time?" decision in favour of Triss.

Last edited:
And it has nothing to do with Geralt. She had her reasons not to trust Yennefer, because she suspected she had been one of those who organized those manipulations with Elder blood. You can talk about betraying Yennefer, but it is not connected with Geralt, and certainly there is nothing like "letting him die".

"Who cares about Geralt?"

And it has nothing to do with Geralt.

If you say so.

That quote requires a bit more context, it doesn't really generate a balanced picture as a stand alone quote screaming "betrayal". I'm sure the decision is not a light one, and not quite as straight forward as that. Otherwise it wouldn't be a world class piece of writing.
Yeah, when she joined the lodge, she agreed that the lodge comes first, her holding to that agreement rather than bending over backward to accommodate for Geralt is one of her strong points in the saga.

Though I fully don't agree with the second part, I think it was nice to ease back into things with Triss. After breaking up for 6 months, the last thing I think realistically would happen is you both meet and instantly say, "Let's do it again." Besides, Triss had accepted what was expected, Geralt would return to Yen and that was that.

Hm, why not ? Please keep in mind that the follwing statements are just my very personal point of view :
Geralt leaves Triss to find Yen wich is quite believable.
But he still loves Triss and never broke up. My choice - absolutly no reflection of this choice in the game. Okay, I can deal with it.
So he broke up with Triss, fine. But after the first meeting with Yen, he realises, that he has still (strong) feelings for Triss and not so much feelinngs for Yen anymore - my choice. And absolutly no possibilty to react like this. That's what I miss!

I would say my way of thinking to Yen, that would be fast and i would finish half dead lol, well i Just can hope Triss got better at healing.

Hm, why not ? Please keep in mind that the follwing statements are just my very personal point of view :
Geralt leaves Triss to find Yen wich is quite believable.
But he still loves Triss and never broke up. My choice - absolutly no reflection of this choice in the game. Okay, I can deal with it.
So he broke up with Triss, fine. But after the first meeting with Yen, he realises, that he has still (strong) feelings for Triss and not so much feelinngs for Yen anymore - my choice. And absolutly no possibilty to react like this. That's what I miss!

Don't worry, I'm not against your opinion, I just feel differently and provided my thoughts on the matter. :)

Yeah, I understand what you mean, with Triss I was mostly annoyed/confused at the inability to continue the romance straight-away, but it gave us a great story arc to make up for it even if the reasons behind the break up are out of our hands regardless of TW2 decisions. With Yen, I just ignored the flirtatious options and missed out on the Unicorn scene in my playthough and felt so shitty after rejecting her in the Last Wish quest.

Don't worry, I'm not against your opinion, I just feel differently and provided my thoughts on the matter. :)

Yeah, I understand what you mean, with Triss I was mostly annoyed/confused at the inability to continue the romance straight-away, but it gave us a great story arc to make up for it even if the reasons behind the break up are out of our hands regardless of TW2 decisions. With Yen, I just ignored the flirtatious options and missed out on the Unicorn scene in my playthough and felt so shitty after rejecting her in the Last Wish quest.

I prefer feeling shitty than feeling like a dog.

Last edited:
@keldrath

Check previous pages in this thread and in thread Yen vs Triss. There are a lot of explanations about this "betrayal".

You can explain her reasons for the betrayal all you want to, but that's still a huge betrayal. That's not something you do to a friend let alone a loved one. Regardless of how much you believe you have to because the "greater good" comes first.

I think that's the point, you don't have an option to shut them up when they tell you about your relationship with Yen (which is over). You instead have to be told how whipped you are even though, you are currently with a different sorceress. Which is annoying as you're being abused about a relationship you're no longer in, without mention of the new one to defend yourself.

I'd be happier if the two (Cerys and Lambert) gave me abuse for being with Triss, replacing Yen as the focal point. Just the ability to see the decision having an impact would be nice.

/sign.
Exactly this ! Damn, it's so hard for me to find the right words when you're not writing in your mother language.

Last edited:
I prefer feeling shitty than feeling like a dog.

*That moment when you suddenly want to be a dog*

OT:
Triss's scene at the harbor made me feel terrible. Also when I did not kiss her at the ball. I had to actually replay that to see whether it makes her happy later...

The facial expressions, the atmosphere... damn... that is a bravo to CDPR. They made me really care for her. One thing I dont understand though is why cant we just *BETA* those witch hunters for good in Novigrad.
I can do the slaughter :p Just point them out :p

Also her screams as she was being tortured. As soon as they started... I could not take it. I thought I would but I could not. Menge died by my hands. The VA was excellent there too.

Just reading a post on Gwent cards and I'm reminded about Triss' card being both low value and without a special ability as opposed to Yen's having Medic ability. Does anyone else feel like the entire set of issues surrounding Triss compared to Yen are one almighty troll by CDPR? Romance? Forget about it, everyone thinks you're with Yen. Content? Nah, not even a fraction of the content Yen gets (who I think gets more content in this game than Triss does across all three!). Gwent Card? Don't be silly, Yen's superior in that as well. It honestly feels like they were taking the piss out of Triss fans.

Triss has shine in TW1 and TW2, you want she to compete with Yen even on Gwent cards? I don't think it's fair... trow a bone to people who waited Yennefer for years, shall we?

I don't mind the Gwent cards, I think they're fine as they are. Triss is a special card but a bit weaker than Yen. That reflects their powers imho.

Agreed.

If Geralt is in love with Triss during a gameplay, what difference does it make who's more powerful? Who is richer, who is smarter, even who is more beautiful: that's pointless when you love someone.

Not just a break up, but a break up that never actually happened in most people's playthrough.

We don't have that numbers. I romanced Shani on TW1 and didn't romance Triss on the second game. Most of my friends couldn't care less about romancing Shani or Triss or Yen.

Kaer Morhen has a lot of issues: Triss issues (I don't think they are as big as you guys, but they exist), absence of Ciri reaction to Yen, lack of a proper quest for Eskel... some characters should be there when Geralt arrives (Letho, Keira).... I don't like Uma at all... but I can't say it's all bad.

Tried to stay on topic: :sadtriss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom