Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Angry, Yes Yen is angry because Triss have taken hers man from her. And of course she is hungry, hungry for love.

I don't understand one thing, and I AM hungry for this: why Yen don't look for Geralt? He travelled a lot to reascue Yen, and he gave his suol to her! And she didn't hug Geralt after all this! She wanted to break the Dijin spell only because she wants to be certain about Geralt feelings, to be certain that he will be her pet forever. She's a bit.... and that's that.

Last edited:
They dressed her as an elven sorceress. And I don't like new outfit, only hairstyle.
And by the way, I like her as in TW2 as in TW3.

I'm not particularly fussed either way by the alternative outfit or hairstyle. It's completely optional though. I'll likely stick with the original outfit and hairstyle which i'm fonder of.

Just one quick question:
Was the new Triss content already added? I dont want to start a new game until there is a proper romance between Geralt and Triss.

Was the new Triss content already added? I dont want to start a new game until there is a proper romance between Geralt and Triss.

Then you would have to wait... They might add it in the EE or whatever, or they might not... Apart from a speed run to check the world-states and such, I have been doing a re-run of W1 and W2, you know, for a Trilogy run. I will be doing another run when EE arrives (or if the DLCs prove to be not set after the story of W3 but as a part of it). Hopefully, there will be more Triss goodness.

I don't understand one thing, and I AM hungry for this: why Yen don't look for Geralt? He travelled a lot to reascue Yen, and he gave his suol to her! And she didn't hug Geralt after all this! She wanted to break the Dijin spell only because she wants to be certain about Geralt feelings, to be certain that he will be her pet forever. She's a bit.... and that's that.
This better discuss in Yen's thread.

It's the complete opposite actually.

Also there's difference between "hungry" and "angry", just sayin'.

Well according to Keira, he hopes yen will stop treating him like a dog, according to Philippa he does have a sense of humor when yen says that he doesn't and according to Cerys she noticed he used to be wrapped on her little finger and surprised yen would let him go without her hehehe. I love and find funny the perception other people have regarding them compared to the perception between Triss & Geralt hehe. (I even found what they wrote regarding the orca reference amusing)

As for the difference between "hungry" and "angry", I'm sure you'll notice that English is not the member's first language and the person did apologized, clearly there's no need to have...lessons for everybody in here. :)

Last edited:
Well according to Keira, he hopes yen will stop treating him like a dog, according to Philippa he does have a sense of humor when yen says that he doesn't and according to Cerys she noticed he used to be wrapped on her little finger and surprised yen would let him go without her hehehe. I love and find funny the perception other people have regarding them compared to the perception between Triss & Geralt hehe.

This has pretty much nothing to do with what I wrote.

As for the difference between "hungry" and "angry", I'm sure you'll notice that English is not the poster's first language and the person did apologized, clearly there's no need to have...lessons for everybody in here.

I've noticed that. Don't you think it's for his own good to know the difference?

Courage is not the absence of fear but the will to overcome perceived difficulties and to take appropriate actions. Triss Merigold has courage.

She definitely has a tendency to panic in the moment, but mostly I think she was very explicitly lacking in moral courage in the books and in the first game. It's one thing to be a well-intentioned person with a strong sense of justice and a great deal of compassion (which she clearly is -- in the novels she gets PoV segments where we see this in her thoughts), but it's not worth a whole lot if you don't have the guts to do what's right.

But, I'd say that she's a much more courageous person in the last two games, for sure. In TW2 she storms off to confront Philippa Eilheart after finding out the depths of Phil's betrayal (with some exaggeration from Letho), and that's not something she had the backbone to do in the books. CDPR chose to put a lot of time into developing the character in the games, which is probably a big part of why this thread is about a billion pages long now.

This better discuss in Yen's thread.

I will look for this in that thread ;)

Well according to Keira, he hopes yen will stop treating him like a dog, according to Philippa he does have a sense of humor when yen says that he doesn't and according to Cerys she noticed he used to be wrapped on her little finger and surprised yen would let him go without her hehehe. I love and find funny the perception other people have regarding them compared to the perception between Triss & Geralt hehe. (I even found what they wrote regarding the orca reference amusing)

Philippa falls in love with Dijkstra, so she can't talk about Yen and Geralt LOL

As you say, Yen treats Geralt like a pet. In my opinion Yen is a very proud woman, and for this she wanted to be certain that Geralt love was true. Triss doesn't care about this: she did everything for Geralt despite that Geralt broke with her.

As for the difference between "hungry" and "angry", I'm sure you'll notice that English is not the member's first language and the person did apologized, clearly there's no need to have...lessons for everybody in here.

Thanks ! :D

Last edited:
So, i was thinking, of all the fixes we suggested, if you only can pick 3 of them what will you choose?

1. In Battle of Kaer Morhen add Triss dialogues before and afterward. Before the battle show her history with the witchers ("grandfather" Vesemir, friends with Eskel, annoyed with Lambert), let her comment about Roche and Letho if they are present. After the battle add a conversation about Vesemir with Ciri, refering to "Blood of Elves" time at Kaer Morhen.

2. Philippa and Triss have lots of unfinished business after Witcher 2, and Triss should be concerned about Philippa getting her hands on Ciri. In late-game Novigrad or Skellige Triss should talk to Ciri and Geralt about the Lodge.

3. Add something more than "good luck" to the Battle Preparations. Triss's last line of dialogue in the game should be more than that,

---------- Updated at 12:23 PM ----------

I have been doing a re-run of W1 and W2, you know, for a Trilogy run. I will be doing another run when EE arrives (or if the DLCs prove to be not set after the story of W3 but as a part of it).

I did the same before starting a second playthrough. I also made sure to keep the most important thing from Witcher 2: the tattoo! Walking in to see the emperor with a Blue Stripes tattoo is simply glorious, and tattoo Geralt does not bow!

Last edited:
WOWWW Real gwent cards ... triss is on the TOP :D

Attachments

• 31[1].jpg
    31[1].jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
2. Philippa and Triss and lots of unfinished business after Witcher 2, and Triss should be concerned about Philippa getting her hands on Ciri. In late-game Novigrad or Skellige Triss should talk to Ciri and Geralt about the Lodge.

This is sorely missing in the game regardless of how the player handles Triss. I think one of the best written moments in TW2 is the megascope conversation between the two sorceresses, as Philippa is just so incredibly slick at lying, deflecting, and browbeating Triss down on pretty much everything.

(the conversation starts at 3 minutes and 30 seconds)

And then of course if you take the Iorveth path, there's the conversation in the dungeon in which Philippa tries to convince Geralt that he can't trust Triss and shouldn't try to help her, and that he should instead lead Philippa out of the dungeon so that they can lift the enchantment on Saskia. She's just an incredibly compelling villain if you choose the Iorveth path, and I think those who have read the books will also know that these characters already have some ugly baggage with her.

So it was pretty surprising to me that Geralt would trust Ciri to meet alone with Philippa, that he'd trust her to be the person he goes after the Sunstone with, and that Triss seems genuinely concerned for Phil during Blindingly Obvious. I get that they have bigger fish to fry and that they need Philippa's help, but it's as if they've forgotten completely about their past with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom