Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is on the ship?

Yep when you get to Skellige.....like Farry said it is one of the rare moments Triss and Ciri actually talk to each other (the rest being the greeting at Kaer Morhen, and Ciri running off in the battle of Kaer Morhen because she can't follow orders and has to save the day lol).....i always thought it was a joke Triss was saying to Ciri.....still she talks to Ciri more (in that act) than Geralt lol (well i can't remember exactly).

Last edited:
Yep when you get to Skellige.....like Farry said it is one of the rare moments Triss and Ciri actually talk to each other (the rest being the greeting at Kaer Morhen, and Ciri running off in the battle of Kaer Morhen because she can't follow orders and has to save the day lol).....i always thought it was a joke Triss was saying to Ciri.....still she talks to Ciri more than Geralt lol (well i can't remember exactly).

I must say Triss is terrible with joke because for me this one isn't connect to Ciri line at all :lol:

Yep when you get to Skellige.....like Farry said it is one of the rare moments Triss and Ciri actually talk to each other (the rest being the greeting at Kaer Morhen, and Ciri running off in the battle of Kaer Morhen because she can't follow orders and has to save the day lol).....i always thought it was a joke Triss was saying to Ciri.....still she talks to Ciri more (in that act) than Geralt lol (well i can't remember exactly).
I haven't seen this banter, need to replay this part.

Yen is aware of Geralt LOVE for Triss. He loves Triss just as much as he loves Yen, maybe even more. She sees Triss as her one true competition and only threat. The opportunity is never really explored in the books but many of us Triss fans who are also book readers wished for it. We finally got our wish with the great games CDProjecktRed.

Geralt and Triss are perfect together. They fit and compliment each other in so many ways. In the game we get to play out their relationship and see the possibilities. I have to say, I love the outcome and I am greatful to the dev for the opportunity. Honestly Geralt/Triss future together is very bright when compare to the other outcome.

Now I am waiting for the fixes to get a complete and fulfilling experience.

I wouldn't say Geralt loves Triss more than Yen. In the books, he actually blocks it and is extremely cold to her. We can only see his love in the games, and that is all without knowing about Yennefer... You are the first person to choose Triss over Yen that actually read the books I've seen! :D

I bet that you'll meet more of them quite soon, you'd be surprised :D :D

Well, as you can see, I'm completely new to these forums. Before I thought that I'm the only one to choose Triss even after reading the books. :D :D I encountered only people which chose Triss and played only the games and people which read the books and chose Yen, no more. :D

Well, as you can see, I'm completely new to these forums. Before I thought that I'm the only one to choose Triss even after reading the books. :D :D I encountered only people which chose Triss and played only the games and people which read the books and chose Yen, no more. :D

Actually a lot of 'Triss fans' have read the books, some read them before the games, others read them after playing the previous games and some are reading them now after completing this game (i started reading the books after Witcher 2), so yeah you will meet some people who read the books and chose Triss. I even know a couple of people who chose Yen and didn't read the books!

Also welcome to the forum! :D

Actually a lot of 'Triss fans' have read the books, some read them before the games, others read them after playing the previous games and some are reading them now after completing this game (i started reading the books after Witcher 2), so yeah you will meet some people who read the books and chose Triss. I even know a couple of people who chose Yen and didn't read the books!

Also welcome to the forum! :D

Haha, same as me, I've read the books after the Witcher 2 too. And I also think that is the state when you have the most "Geralt-like" opinion on this matter. You know, he had the amnesia so he couldn't know about Yen like many book readers do. But they cannot unread it. Its not their fault but I still think you have the best idea on how Geralt feels when you do it like that: W1, W2, Books, W3. I saw some people like that too, its really strange because in the Witcher 3 Yen's character isn't exactly friendly if you don't know her from the inside. :p

What a friendly forum, thanks! :D

Yen is aware of Geralt LOVE for Triss. He loves Triss just as much as he loves Yen, maybe even more. She sees Triss as her one true competition and only threat. The opportunity is never really explored in the books but many of us Triss fans who are also book readers wished for it. We finally got our wish with the great games CDProjecktRed.

Geralt and Triss are perfect together. They fit and compliment each other in so many ways. In the game we get to play out their relationship and see the possibilities. I have to say, I love the outcome and I am greatful to the dev for the opportunity. Honestly Geralt/Triss future together is very bright when compare to the other outcome.

Now I am waiting for the fixes to get a complete and fulfilling experience.

Thing is, we don't and that's one of the disappointing aspects of the writing. At no point is the relationship between the three of them ever explored. Nowhere is there acknowledgement of what happened between Triss and Geralt, directed towards Triss, only Geralt. There's never a confrontation, no mention of it and if you choose Triss, Yen acts with no more hostility than as if you've chosen to have milk in your coffee, rather than have it black. The writers need to confront this love triangle head on for it to mean anything. As it stands, it means nothing and that's disappointing.

I wouldn't say Geralt loves Triss more than Yen. In the books, he actually blocks it and is extremely cold to her. We can only see his love in the games, and that is all without knowing about Yennefer... You are the first person to choose Triss over Yen that actually read the books I've seen! :D

Welcome, welcome, let me greet you with "proper" manner :devil:

From what i see, most of "old" people here who choose Triss have read the book, well except me :D

-I don't think Geralt is extremely cold to her in the book, he consider her as a friend who he has some feeling for (but the bond with Yen is too strong, no it not about the Djinn) so no love in the book ......
-Even Yen is aware of that, she easily brush off every affair Geralt have, all except one...Triss. She know what could happen if those two have a chance to explore for something more

I wouldn't say Geralt loves Triss more than Yen. In the books, he actually blocks it and is extremely cold to her. We can only see his love in the games, and that is all without knowing about Yennefer... You are the first person to choose Triss over Yen that actually read the books I've seen!

I read the books, liked Triss in the books, and chose her in the games! Triss is the great "could have been" in the books- if not for Geralt's obsession with Yen he could have been happy with her.

There would still be things they would argue about- getting involved in politics and "great causes", for example. I always liked her statement in Blood of Elves that "I would be proud and happy to stand on a hill and fight at your side." Geralt would try to stay neutral, but Triss could persuade him in the end. :)

Thing is, we don't and that's one of the disappointing aspects of the writing. At no point is the relationship between the three of them ever explored. Nowhere is there acknowledgement of what happened between Triss and Geralt, directed towards Triss, only Geralt. There's never a confrontation, no mention of it and if you choose Triss, Yen acts with no more hostility than as if you've chosen to have milk in your coffee, rather than have it black. The writers need to confront this love triangle head on for it to mean anything. As it stands, it means nothing and that's disappointing.

Exactly, Triss vs Yennefer is the second biggest disappointment in the game after Triss' romance... In the books, Yennefer RAGED when she saw Triss only blush when hearing Geralts name, at Thaned she turned her down really roughly and at the end of the books they have a big argument where they threaten each other to scratch their eyes out. :p We come to the Witcher 3: "Oh, Geralt, you chose Triss instead of me? Meh, no big deal..." They don't even talk with Triss about this. There's actually not a single word about this matter. Please CDPR, if you will fix this and make Triss' and Yen's romance equivalent, god that'd be perfect. :p

Welcome, welcome, let me greet you with "proper" manner

From what i see, most of "old" people here who choose Triss have read the book, well except me

-I don't think Geralt is extremely cold to her in the book, he consider her as a friend who he has some feeling for (but the bond with Yen is too strong, no it not about the Djinn) so no love in the book ......
-Even Yen is aware of that, she easily brush off every affair Geralt have, all except one...Triss. She know what could happen if those two have a chance to explore for something more

-Nope, he has feelings for her, but he blocks them and acts really cruel to Triss. Only the fact that he called her to Kaer Morhen is cruel of him, giving her the hope...
-Geralt loved only two women in his life: Triss and Yennefer. That's why she can't brush it off. :p
most of "old" people here who choose Triss have read the book, well except me
-> So have you read the books or not??

---------- Updated at 12:51 AM ----------

I read the books, liked Triss in the books, and chose her in the games! Triss is the great "could have been" in the books- if not for Geralt's obsession with Yen he could have been happy with her.

There would still be things they would argue about- getting involved in politics and "great causes", for example. I always liked her statement in Blood of Elves that "I would be proud and happy to stand on a hill and fight at your side." Geralt would try to stay neutral, but Triss could persuade him in the end. :)

Very few people seem to understand how much Triss loves Geralt, if they did, they would know all what she's done "wrong" she's done only for Geralt.. And that is what matters in a relationship... :)

Well as I've been arguing elsewhere, Act 2 needs expanding because it's the perfect point in the story to build upon some of the relationships such as this, and Act 3 needs a complete overhaul to rid it of the inconsistencies and expand upon other relationships, including this one. As I've said before, I'm not expecting a magical cat fight between them but Triss should be present at Kaer Morhen at the point Yen sends you through the portal. Rather than having Yen bitch and moan at her Megascope she be having a blazing row with Triss over taking advantage (as she would see it) of Geralt and their friendship. They can make up afterwards which minimises the work needed.

---------- Updated at 01:15 AM ----------

Very few people seem to understand how much Triss loves Geralt, if they did, they would know all what she's done "wrong" she's done only for Geralt.. And that is what matters in a relationship... :)

This is a situation many people never find themselves in, in real life (I have, to some extent). It comes down to the lesser of two evils, two dishonours. The dishonour of betraying a friend or the greater dishonour of not being true to yourself. I don't think Triss actively sets out to seduce Geralt when he looses his memory, I think it's just a natural progression of their feelings to each other. Should she have resisted because he was in a relationship with Yen? Perhaps but she had no idea whether Yen was alive or dead and it was her one and only chance to act upon the feelings she has. No, I've never read the books but it's what I gleam from the games. Am I wrong? You tell me :)

-Nope, he has feelings for her, but he blocks them and acts really cruel to Triss. Only the fact that he called her to Kaer Morhen is cruel of him, giving her the hope...
-Geralt loved only two women in his life: Triss and Yennefer. That's why she can't brush it off. :p

But it isn't extremely cold, at least IMO. But still, Geralt is an ******* in the books :lol:

-> So have you read the books or not??
Pick "important" part and read, mostly about Yen-Ciri relationship, Triss dialogue :whistle:

-Most people here do. Triss lost almost everything when in relationship with Geralt, and she gain only one thing: his love for her ;)
-*Sigh* In the beginning of W3, she have nothing now and have to start anew ....

She's been through a lot in TW2: Assassin of Kings.
- She lost her position as The Royal Advisor to King Foltest.
- She lost her home in Vizima, her money and pretty much everything else she had in Temeria.
- She was on the run and she was considered a fugitive for aiding Geralt of Rivia who was accused of slaying Foltest.
- She was kidnapped by Letho just to get turned into figurine after by Cynthia, obviously The Lodge was trying to get rid of her at that point.
- She was decompressed and tortured after by the Nilfgaardians.

Depend on the player's choice, just stating mine down here.
- She was rescued by Geralt of Rivia in Loc Muinne
- She revealed the Lodge's plans and that made her position even worse.
- She departed with Geralt of Rivia (We know the decision wasn't hers) she told him that she was willing to go with him to the end of the world to find Yennefer.
- She had to start a new with the war, Witch Hunt and after losing the thing that mattered to her the most (Geralt of Rivia).
- She went to Novigrad just to be pursed by The Witch Hunters and lost her house in the process.
- She started rescuing mages and taking them to an underground hide out where she had to look after and provide for them.
- She went from being rich and living a luxurious life to living into the pits of Novigrad and hanging around Putrid Grove.
- Breaking up with Geralt left her weak, vulnerable, insecure and she lost everything for someone who left her to purse their own agenda.

The plot holes and romance inconsistencies in TW3 made her situation more sad and depressing.

I don't think Triss actively sets out to seduce Geralt when he looses his memory, I think it's just a natural progression of their feelings to each other. Should she have resisted because he was in a relationship with Yen? Perhaps but she had no idea whether Yen was alive or dead and it was her one and only chance to act upon the feelings she has. No, I've never read the books but it's what I gleam from the games. Am I wrong? You tell me :)

-Agree with you, they went from stranger (in Geralt mind) to casual lover, then let run away from everything together (when Geralt talk with Foltest in prologue) in the span of ONLY few months
^ this is how stable relationship is :whistle:
-And when Geralt remember Yen, he has the option to brush Triss off (if you choose it...)

This is a situation many people never find themselves in, in real life (I have, to some extent). It comes down to the lesser of two evils, two dishonours. The dishonour of betraying a friend or the greater dishonour of not being true to yourself. I don't think Triss actively sets out to seduce Geralt when he looses his memory, I think it's just a natural progression of their feelings to each other. Should she have resisted because he was in a relationship with Yen? Perhaps but she had no idea whether Yen was alive or dead and it was her one and only chance to act upon the feelings she has. No, I've never read the books but it's what I gleam from the games. Am I wrong? You tell me

Yes, it may seem bad from one point of view, but who would not do that. It was her last chance and she knew Geralt feels something to her, without knowing Yen Geralt could finally express his real feelings. Well, Geralt has recovered his memory after the second game, you should too :p Its very hard to take your opinion seriously because the books are just too important. Read the books, maybe you will need to change your profile picture. ;)

---------- Updated at 01:47 AM ----------

She's been through a lot in TW2: Assassin of Kings.
- She lost her position as The Royal Advisor to King Foltest.
- She lost her home in Vizima, her money and pretty much everything else she had in Temeria.
- She was on the run and she was considered a fugitive for aiding Geralt of Rivia who was accused of slaying Foltest.
- She was kidnapped by Letho just to get turned into figurine after by Cynthia, obviously The Lodge was trying to get rid of her at that point.
- She was decompressed and tortured after by the Nilfgaardians.

Depend on the player's choice, just stating mine down here.
- She was rescued by Geralt of Rivia in Loc Muinne
- She revealed the Lodge's plans and that made her position even worse.
- She departed with Geralt of Rivia (We know the decision wasn't hers) she told him that she was willing to go with him to the end of the world to find Yennefer.
- She had to start a new with the war, Witch Hunt and after losing the thing that mattered to her the most (Geralt of Rivia).
- She went to Novigrad just to be pursed by The Witch Hunters and lost her house in the process.
- She started rescuing mages and taking them to an underground hide out where she had to look after and provide for them.
- She went from being rich and living a luxurious life to living into the pits of Novigrad and hanging around Putrid Grove.
- Breaking up with Geralt left her weak, vulnerable, insecure and she lost everything for someone who left her to purse their own agenda.

The plot holes and romance inconsistencies in TW3 made her situation more sad and depressing.

WOW, Did you write this?
One small mistake: "She departed with Geralt of Rivia (We know the decision wasn't hers)" ofcourse it was her decision, whose esle's?

Yes, it may seem bad from one point of view, but who would not do that. It was her last chance and she knew Geralt feels something to her, without knowing Yen Geralt could finally express his real feelings. Well, Geralt has recovered his memory after the second game, you should too :p Its very hard to take your opinion seriously because the books are just too important. Read the books, maybe you will need to change your profile picture. ;)

Who do you think you are to tell me to go spend real life money on books? Get the damn chip of your shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom